PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo! Sports’ top 10 sporting villains of 2011(Guess what WTA Girl is #2)

Henpova
Dec 28th, 2011, 06:29 PM
Serena Williams comes in 2nd on the list and if you read the full list she is the highest ranked athlete since the two guy sharing number 1 spot are NBA Owners..Full story HERE (http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/blog/fourth_place_medal/post/Yahoo-Sports-8217-top-10-sporting-villains-of?urn=oly-wp981)

"2. Serena Williams

Things were going so well for Serena. After a trying year in which she injured her foot and suffered blood clots in her lungs, the tennis superstar was back to her dominant self on the court this summer. She entered the US Open as the prohibitive favorite, having won two straight tournaments entering the year's final Grand Slam, and cruised to the final without dropping a set. But at the first sign of trouble, she snapped. Two years after she threatened to kill a lineswoman and shove a ball down her throat, Serena took exception with the chair umpire's ruling that her shriek had interrupted the swing of Serena's finals opponent, Sam Stosur. Serena lost it once again, saying umpire Eva Asderaki was "a hater" and "ugly inside" and essentially telling her not to walk past her in a hallway, lest the umpire get beat up. During the whole tirade, Serena confused Asderaki with Louise Engzell, the umpire who sanctioned her during that infamous blow-up in 2009. Engzell also has blonde hair worn in a high ponytail but she is not Eva Asderaki."

So what do you think should Serena been on this list at all and if she should she really be coming in at number two???

Henpova
Dec 28th, 2011, 06:35 PM
I for one think she should of came in number one...she once again showed little class on the worlds stage and threaten the safety of an official. That for me is very sad and frankly pathetic of Serena Williams. She is the beat player to walk on the court since Steffi but she is hurting her greatness by acting like that.

cowsonice
Dec 28th, 2011, 07:11 PM
NBA > tennis in America

Sammo
Dec 28th, 2011, 07:14 PM
The Villians Sisters :drool:

Annie.
Dec 28th, 2011, 07:19 PM
I for one think she should of came in number one...she once again showed little class on the worlds stage and threaten the safety of an official. That for me is very sad and frankly pathetic of Serena Williams. She is the beat player to walk on the court since Steffi but she is hurting her greatness by acting like that.

http://i40.tinypic.com/i4e77o.jpg

Henpova
Dec 28th, 2011, 07:26 PM
http://i40.tinypic.com/i4e77o.jpg

Nope! Not at all...:fiery:

young_gunner913
Dec 28th, 2011, 07:27 PM
I wouldn't even wipe my ass with any article written on Yahoo!. Who seriously uses that site still? :lol:

matthias
Dec 28th, 2011, 07:28 PM
old story

cranberry~
Dec 28th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Although Yahoo is not a worldwide but a local American website, I guess they are right on the matter. Serena Williams' attitude was shameless.

Henpova
Dec 28th, 2011, 07:35 PM
I wouldn't even wipe my ass with any article written on Yahoo!. Who seriously uses that site still? :lol:

Well a lot of people...about a 3rd of all stories shared on facebook come from Yahoo...

old story

And no the article came out today and it is a list of the biggest villains in sports for 2011...and the point of the thread is to ask if she should even be on the list... So I wouldn't say it is old news.

young_gunner913
Dec 28th, 2011, 07:44 PM
Well a lot of people...about a 3rd of all stories shared on facebook come from Yahoo...

Yahoo! writers, especially their sports writers are among the worst writers in the world. They don't check facts, they get the most simplistic stats/names/facts horribly wrong. My second grade nephew can put together a more in depth sports article than any one of the peons writing for Yahoo!.

ptkten
Dec 28th, 2011, 07:58 PM
If that was the second worst thing an athlete has done this year then athletes must have magically turned into saints in the past year.

I mean seriously, when we've had athletes who have been involved in brawls, had dui's, been implicated in drug rings, rapes etc. it's an absolute joke. This incident was so blown out of proportion. Yes, it was disrespectful, rude, and childish but it doesn't make it worse than physical altercations and actual crimes that have been committed repeatedly by athletes in the four major American sports.

Edit: Should have read the article that it was for on the field incidents. Even so, there were plenty of brawls and players stomping on other players heads etc. that were a lot worse than this.

Martian KC
Dec 29th, 2011, 02:33 AM
Wow, no sandusky or paterno.

Henpova
Dec 29th, 2011, 03:26 AM
Wow, no sandusky or paterno.

The list is about stuff done on the field of play not stuff done behind closed doors. If it was I am sure they would be at the top of the list.

cowsonice
Dec 29th, 2011, 08:29 AM
Yahoo! writers, especially their sports writers are among the worst writers in the world. They don't check facts, they get the most simplistic stats/names/facts horribly wrong. My second grade nephew can put together a more in depth sports article than any one of the peons writing for Yahoo!.

This. Yahoo! is fluff journalism at best. It's for people who have the slightest knowledge about anything. :rolleyes:

Chip.
Dec 29th, 2011, 10:43 AM

This is so true :lol:

Monzanator
Dec 29th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Good press, bad press, it's all in the game as long they spell your name right! :lol: Most likely Serena doesn't give a damn anyway ;)

goldenlox
Dec 29th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Good press, bad press, it's all in the game as long they spell your name right! :lol: Most likely Serena doesn't give a damn anyway ;)I agree. This is an era where the media is desparate to get noticed and become stars themselves.
So you get these crazy titles about villians, or biggest disappointments.
They're writing about the biggest stars and trying to get attention.

danieln1
Dec 29th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Truly classless from Serena to treat Eva in that hideous way

Hopefully she can be more classy( like her sister, the classiest player there.is) in 2012 and learn from her mistakes, to be more mature, because I think lots of people lost respect for her after that incident

barmaid
Dec 29th, 2011, 01:13 PM
This is so true :lol:
Bull shit, this faux pas was seen "live" by millions of fans...it was disgraceful, it will remain disgraceful until the next disgraceful episode by Ms. Serena...she's firmly "Queen" of the disses!:p:rolleyes::eek:

Barmaid:angel:

CWTennis
Dec 29th, 2011, 09:02 PM
Serena Villain :D

Shino agrees!

http://s001.radikal.ru/i196/1112/a7/e1a7474a4380.gif

young_gunner913
Dec 29th, 2011, 09:42 PM
Bull shit, this faux pas was seen "live" by millions of fans...it was disgraceful, it will remain disgraceful until the next disgraceful episode by Ms. Serena...she's firmly "Queen" of the disses!:p:rolleyes::eek:

Barmaid:angel:

Another pressed Mythtina fan acting like she wasn't a mouthy witch. :lol:

Patrick345
Dec 29th, 2011, 10:06 PM

Except for Adrian Woj, their basketball insider. That guy always has the inside scoop. It´s where ESPN get their breaking news from. :lol: