PDA

View Full Version : Bollettieri: Wozniacki too predictable / Jankovic difficult to train

Sir Stefwhit
Dec 27th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Posted on Monday Dec 26th at 9:19am

Nick Bollettieri tells Sporten.dk that world No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki needs to be less predictable. "If she wants to win a Grand Slam, she should do anything other than what opponents expect of her,” he said. “They have figured her out. It is not good enough to win a Grand Slam. She has a good foundation to play an elaborate game. She moves extremely well, [but] she can only win a Grand Slam if she disregards the thought that says that she can only get the ball back and be a steady player."

Wozniacki is now be coached by Ricardo Sanchez, as well as by her father, Piotr. Bollettieri had high praise for Sanchez, who recently worked with former No. 1 Jelena Jankovic. The Serbian once trained at Bolletteiri's academy. "Anyone who has managed to work with Jelena Jankovic for long time deserves a medal—it’s not easy to be with her," Bolletteiri said.

Break My Rapture
Dec 27th, 2011, 10:54 PM
Shade at Jankovic. :lol:

JustPetko
Dec 27th, 2011, 10:56 PM
:yawn:

Macomere
Dec 27th, 2011, 10:59 PM
she isnt called The Empress for nothing :hearts:

cowsonice
Dec 27th, 2011, 11:18 PM
:hysteric: Considering how JJ used to be Bollettieri's student, I find this hilarious.

ToopsTame
Dec 27th, 2011, 11:40 PM
Bollettieri needs to be less predictable. He's always trying to get attention. He hasn't had a good player come out of that academy since Sharapova and he barely has anything to do with the training there. Time to shut up.

The Dawntreader
Dec 27th, 2011, 11:41 PM
An Empress doesn't train unless she can get her hands on Lacroix.

RenaSlam.
Dec 27th, 2011, 11:53 PM
Oh JAJA...:tape:

King Halep
Dec 28th, 2011, 12:25 AM
he needs to win a few tournaments before he talks

Yoncé
Dec 28th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Jaja :inlove:

Potato
Dec 28th, 2011, 12:38 AM
Wozniacki is now be coached by Ricardo Sanchez, as well as by her father, Piotr. Bollettieri had high praise for Sanchez, who recently worked with former No. 1 Jelena Jankovic. The Serbian once trained at Bolletteiri's academy. "Anyone who has managed to work with Jelena Jankovic for long time deserves a medal—it’s not easy to be with her," Bolletteiri said.

vNlKoh-ay3M
around 3:26 I think is when Bolletierri talks about JJ :P

atominside
Dec 28th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Bollettieri needs to be less predictable. He's always trying to get attention. He hasn't had a good player come out of that academy since Sharapova and he barely has anything to do with the training there. Time to shut up.

this is such bull. Bollietieris has done his thing for years. He knows exactly what to do.

Stonerpova
Dec 28th, 2011, 12:47 AM
Meh. Just like Hingis, Bollettieri's stating the obvious in an attempt to stay relevant.

Jane Lane
Dec 28th, 2011, 12:50 AM
Nick B. telling us what we already know. :yawn: Get in line.

Jaja's a diva, Caro's a pusher. Wonder if he posts here?

Sammo
Dec 28th, 2011, 12:57 AM
Meh. Just like Hingis, Bollettieri's stating the obvious in an attempt to stay relevant.

If Hingis wanted to stay relevant she would come back and play the Olympics with Roger Federer as he offered her, so think before writing.

King Halep
Dec 28th, 2011, 01:42 AM
Nick B. telling us what we already know. :yawn: Get in line.

Jaja's a diva, Caro's a pusher. Wonder if he posts here?

dont think he does but some of the players definitely go here. theres a video where Caroline and Victoria talk about pusher and brainless basher

ToopsTame
Dec 28th, 2011, 02:15 AM
this is such bull. Bollietieris has done his thing for years. He knows exactly what to do.

What does this even mean? Done what thing? Knows "what" exactly? :lol:

JCTennisFan
Dec 28th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Not all that suprised about Jankovic. If she would start to listen to her coaches more and spend less time looking at herself on the Jumbotron to make sure her hair is looking "hawt" inbetween points then maybe she can get the success back that she originally had. She has all of her 30s to be a big glamour diva, after her tennis career is washed up. Right now she needs to focus on tennis if she is gonna win a Slam. I still love her though :drool:

Potato
Dec 28th, 2011, 02:16 AM
What does this even mean? Done what thing? Knows "what" exactly? :lol:

Creating brainless ball bashing shrieking robots who scream "COME ON!!!111" after every point they win :)

So Disrespectful
Dec 28th, 2011, 02:19 AM
JJ is such a diva training 7 hours a day. :oh:

Jajaloo
Dec 28th, 2011, 03:48 AM
What shade? Who?

ExtremespeedX
Dec 28th, 2011, 07:30 AM
Nick Bollettieri tells Sporten.dk that world No. 1 Caroline Wozniacki needs to be less predictable. "If she wants to win a Grand Slam, she should do anything other than what opponents expect of her,” he said. “They have figured her out. It is not good enough to win a Grand Slam. She has a good foundation to play an elaborate game. She moves extremely well, [but] she can only win a Grand Slam if she disregards the thought that says that she can only get the ball back and be a steady player."

It's been said 1000 times before already - but Dullniacki isn't talented enough to add variety to her game. Everyone knows it, including herself.

marineblue
Dec 28th, 2011, 08:54 AM
It's been said 1000 times before already - but Dullniacki isn't talented enough to add variety to her game. Everyone knows it, including herself.

And a result of that she's too tough to beat for your faves :kiss::wavey:

mb011
Dec 28th, 2011, 09:11 AM
as a jj fan i can only say that from late 2008, only real quality play from jelena was in the spring 2010 when she worked with chip brooks from nick's academy. He dumped her after RG 2010 semifinal, after she played that ugly match against stosur. She clearly did not follow brooks' instructions in that match, and thought she already claimed the title after knowing that schiavone made it to the finals. So, nick might just know what he is talking about. As classless is it does sound. We shouldn't forget that jj is training in the states these days, and NOT at nick's academy as she did the previous years...

Steven.
Dec 28th, 2011, 09:17 AM
And a result of that she's too tough to beat for your faves :kiss::wavey:

:unsure: Kvitova beat Wozniacki in their most recent meeting.

marineblue
Dec 28th, 2011, 09:33 AM
:unsure: Kvitova beat Wozniacki in their most recent meeting.

You mean that one when Woz had a doctor come out on court and Kvitty herself acknowledged that her opponent was not well? Congratulations ... :rolleyes:

Steven.
Dec 28th, 2011, 09:42 AM
You mean that one when Woz had a doctor come out on court and Kvitty herself acknowledged that her opponent was not well? Congratulations ... :rolleyes:

What about Wimbledon 2010?

marineblue
Dec 28th, 2011, 09:48 AM
What about Wimbledon 2010?
That was a very bad day in Woz office. A few months later in Beijing tables turned.

Mikey.
Dec 28th, 2011, 09:50 AM
vNlKoh-ay3M

He worked with her for years and still pronounces her name wrong? :[ Fail.

Steven.
Dec 28th, 2011, 09:54 AM
That was a very bad day in Woz office. A few months later in Beijing tables turned.

Can I say the same for Maria's losses to Wozniacki?

Just Do It
Dec 28th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Finally a thread about Lady J in GM :bigcry:

terjw
Dec 28th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Not all that suprised about Jankovic. If she would start to listen to her coaches more and spend less time looking at herself on the Jumbotron to make sure her hair is looking "hawt" inbetween points then maybe she can get the success back that she originally had. She has all of her 30s to be a big glamour diva, after her tennis career is washed up. Right now she needs to focus on tennis if she is gonna win a Slam. I still love her though :drool:

I don't think that's the problem with JJ and why she's difficult to coach. In fact many players have stated that looking good is a help to playing well.

No - I think the problem is more like JJ tends to blame everything and everyone else when anything goes wrong. So if it goes wrong, the first thing to blame is what her coach is trying to teach her to do.

Sombrerero loco
Dec 28th, 2011, 12:45 PM
bolletieri is an attention whore

Sir Stefwhit
Dec 28th, 2011, 05:03 PM

No - I think the problem is more like JJ tends to blame everything and everyone else when anything goes wrong. So if it goes wrong, the first thing to blame is what her coach is trying to teach her to do.

Not just her but a lot of women on tour do. If u notice it seems to be one extreme or another - either your w.that one main coach you've been w.most of your career or you're the type of player who's constantly changing coaches. if you're difficult to train then I would assume that at times it's the coach initiating the change. And to make matters worse if ur the kind of player who doesn't accept responsibility then it's so much easier to blame the coach, fire him then get a new one. Dangerous cycle.

Sylvester
Dec 28th, 2011, 05:30 PM

Sure he is. A guy who is 80 years old and still runs the most famous tennis academy in the world, where talented pupils from all over the world fly to practise there.

You're the attention whore for insulting someone who obviously knows a billion times more about tennis on his pinky finger than you will ever know...

Julian.
Dec 28th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Lady Jaja :hearts::bowdown:

Break My Rapture
Dec 28th, 2011, 05:41 PM
Bolletieri is more relevant than Jankovic and Wozniacki combined.

pov
Dec 28th, 2011, 05:41 PM
IMO Bollettieri's a wanker. His fame far exceeds his actual contributions to the sport. As a businessman and a marketer Bollettieri is definitely good.

ExtremespeedX
Dec 29th, 2011, 12:44 AM

Yeah, Caro is never at 100% when she loses. In fact, all her losses should have an asterisk next to them - every match she lost, she was tired or injured.

Potato
Dec 29th, 2011, 05:46 AM
as a jj fan i can only say that from late 2008, only real quality play from jelena was in the spring 2010 when she worked with chip brooks from nick's academy. He dumped her after RG 2010 semifinal, after she played that ugly match against stosur. She clearly did not follow brooks' instructions in that match, and thought she already claimed the title after knowing that schiavone made it to the finals. So, nick might just know what he is talking about. As classless is it does sound. We shouldn't forget that jj is training in the states these days, and NOT at nick's academy as she did the previous years...

JJ did not drop Chip after RG, Chip quit. They were working on a short term basis because Chip didn't want to travel and leave his family.

But I agree, Chip was doing amazing things to JJ's game.

thegreendestiny
Dec 29th, 2011, 06:15 AM

Yeah, coming from a fan of a player who had been whoring herself for years, got very lucky once, but is now an irrelevant player is really is. :wavey:

Brena
Dec 29th, 2011, 07:16 AM
Mademoiselle JJ? C'est pas possible! :speakles:

Smitten
Dec 29th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Both of them are useless.

JCTennisFan
Dec 30th, 2011, 10:54 PM
I don't think that's the problem with JJ and why she's difficult to coach. In fact many players have stated that looking good is a help to playing well.

I cant agree... Jankovic's problems are focus (and confidence)related. She too often gets distracted... and you only have to lose focus for a small amount of time against the top girls to turn a win into a loss.. which is what has happened with her (in my opinion). In addition she has gotten so close to winning many important matches only to end up losing, which really makes you question and doubt yourself as a player. And without confidence you will never be able to excel to your fullest.

The shotmaker that Jankovic was capable of in 07-08 was largely because she had alot more confidence in herself at the time... Now she largely defends and scrambles ala Wozniacki because she no longer believes in herself like she used to. She ultimately needs to goto a Sports counselour like Kim, Stosur, and Mauresmo all have done.

LightsOut!
Dec 31st, 2011, 12:07 AM
vNlKoh-ay3M

:rolls: at Snezi trying to get her tennisball signed by Jaja :rolls:

tennisbum79
Dec 31st, 2011, 12:25 AM
Posted on Monday Dec 26th at 9:19am

There goes that consistency argument.

Yes, Caro is consistent, but alone is not enough to win you a GS.

Consistency with strong adherence to limited number pattern always have a short life span of effectiveness.

An extreme example of one-shot-consistency, hence limited pattern, was Andy Roddick.

He burst on pro circuit from the junior with booming serve.
No one figured out how to defend against it in the juniors; and when Roddick entered the pro, it looks like the trend will continue and Roddick will continue to dominate with his serve.
But Federer exposed Roddick many shortcomings by just blocking back the serve and putting the ball in play.... and Roddick seem helpless once he was compelled to get in rallies.

Caro can do rallies, if the opponents do not self-destruct she has no strong and decisive recourse to end the point even when she has the upper hand in the rallies

Sir Stefwhit
Jan 20th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Too predictable vs Too difficult to train- looks like it's official!