PDA

View Full Version : Chanda & friends coming to St. Croix!

KindaNice
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:36 PM
Hi all....pretty exciting stuff for our island. Chanda Rubin arrives with Lori McNeil and someone else (?) tomorrow and will be here for about a week, giving clinics to the local kids at the public courts! Hopefully, we are going to try to get them to our club for some clinics/matches there as well! Will keep you all posted and hopefully with pictures to boot!

tennischick
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:49 PM
wish i could be there....:sad:

M2k
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:57 PM
YAY!!!!!good for you Michael :D

Brian Stewart
Nov 12th, 2002, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the info! Is there a web page? Looking forward to seeing those pics.

KindaNice
Nov 15th, 2002, 10:40 PM
Sorry, Brian. I got to the courts and forgot my camera!!!! Can you frickin believe it?! Anyway....she and Lori McNeil gave drills to the junior players and then played doubles. Each player served twice and then two new juniors would join in. The kids were thrilled...it was really great. Against some of the REALLY good juniors they had some fun points. Unbelievable the quickness of hands that Lori still possesses. And Chanda...just a class act, really both of them. After their stay here, they left to St. Thomas for a day and then to St. John.

So sorry I missed the camera thing....total dork seizure!

Brian Stewart
Nov 16th, 2002, 12:16 AM
That's 10 demerits for not taking your camera! Hmm, St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John.... sounds like one of those "business" trips congressmen take.

Brian Stewart
Nov 16th, 2002, 07:47 AM
Found an article:
http://www.virginislandsdailynews.com/index.pl/article_sports?id=811857

Meesh
Nov 16th, 2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Brian Stewart
sounds like one of those "business" trips congressmen take.

I wish I was their business associate!!!

Brian Stewart
Nov 16th, 2002, 10:39 PM
Another article;
http://www.virginislandsdailynews.com/index.pl/article_sports?id=816017

TennisSTUD
Nov 17th, 2002, 02:53 AM
MICHAEL! my love! How are you? How is the island, the love life? the job? etcetcetcetc