PDA

View Full Version : Chakvetadze says she's completely healthy

spiceboy
Dec 27th, 2011, 06:08 PM
http://tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=15491&zoneid=25

Chakvetadze says she's completely healthy

Former Top 5-player Anna Chakvetadze (http://www.tennis.com/players/player_info.aspx?player_name=Anna+Chakvetadze) says she is completely over the inner ear infection that caused dizzy spells and nearly sidelined her for almost the entire 2011 season.

Chakvetadze is using her special ranking to enter 2012 tournaments and will open her year in Hobart. "I'm 100% healthy now. It doesn't bother me anymore. I'm completely over it," the No. 232- ranked Russian told the WTA. "Of course it's going to be physically tough to start playing tournaments again because I wasn't training at this level for a long time, and right now I can't do three practices a day like I used to, but I feel so motivated to be back. I miss playing, I miss hitting the ball, I miss competing. I've found my motivation again and if I didn't think I could do well again, I wouldn't be coming back."

In December, Chakvetadze ran for a seat in the Russian Duma with the Right Cause Party but was not elected.

Nicolás89
Dec 27th, 2011, 06:11 PM
http://tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=15491&zoneid=25

Chakvetadze says she's completely healthy

Former Top 5-player Anna Chakvetadze (http://www.tennis.com/players/player_info.aspx?player_name=Anna+Chakvetadze) says she is completely over the inner ear infection that caused dizzy spells and nearly sidelined her for almost the entire 2011 season.

Chakvetadze is using her special ranking to enter 2012 tournaments and will open her year in Hobart. "I'm 100% healthy now. It doesn't bother me anymore. I'm completely over it," the No. 232- ranked Russian told the WTA. "Of course it's going to be physically tough to start playing tournaments again because I wasn't training at this level for a long time, and right now I can't do three practices a day like I used to, but I feel so motivated to be back. I miss playing, I miss hitting the ball, I miss competing. I've found my motivation again and if I didn't think I could do well again, I wouldn't be coming back."

In December, Chakvetadze ran for a seat in the Russian Duma with the Right Cause Party but was not elected.

Chaky. :hearts: But, the hell? :sobbing:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Dec 27th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Wishing her the best of luck in her comeback.

Mistress of Evil
Dec 27th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Yay, nice to hear that she has finally overcome her health issues, hopefully for good :) Good luck!

goldenlox
Dec 27th, 2011, 06:42 PM
Anna is still young enough to have a good part 2 to her career.
I hope she can have a healthy 2nd half.

Super Dave
Dec 27th, 2011, 06:57 PM
That's great. I had thought it was something with her heart. Will be glad to see her back!

Elwin.
Dec 27th, 2011, 07:00 PM
:banana:

GrandMartha
Dec 27th, 2011, 07:09 PM
Anna :hearts:
but ranked 232? :awww::bigcry:
please stay injury-free and play a full schedule :awww::hug:

matthias
Dec 27th, 2011, 07:13 PM
why wasting already injury-protected ranking while she isn´t 100% in shape :shrug:

lang26
Dec 27th, 2011, 07:15 PM
I so Happy let make a strong come back Anna and start winning titles again

Jane Lane
Dec 27th, 2011, 07:23 PM
:hearts::hearts::hearts: Davai Princess :cheer:

Losing Streak
Dec 27th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Chakyyy :hearts:

CrossCourt~Rally
Dec 27th, 2011, 10:02 PM
That's great to hear :D

RobinT83
Dec 27th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Good for her.
But she's a completely irrelevant player :shrug:

Dominika23
Dec 27th, 2011, 10:17 PM
Good for her.
But she's a completely Best player :shrug:

We knows

JCTennisFan
Dec 27th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Healthy or not she still isnt gonna get back into the top 5. :wavey: Good to hear she is atleast healthy though.

claypova
Dec 27th, 2011, 10:36 PM
good luck Anna :cheer: can't believe i used to dislike her :o

JCTennisFan
Dec 27th, 2011, 10:41 PM
good luck Anna :cheer: can't believe i used to dislike her :o

Considering she is arguably the worst top 5 player in the open era and gave us one of the worst Semi-finals ever at a Slam, I can understand your previous dislike for her. Unlike you though, I still dislike her :devil:

The Dawntreader
Dec 27th, 2011, 10:47 PM
Lovely news tbh.

goldenlox
Dec 27th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Considering she is arguably the worst top 5 player in the open era and gave us one of the worst Semi-finals ever at a Slam, I can understand your previous dislike for her. Unlike you though, I still dislike her :devil:People here in TF keep telling me that was a much tougher era.
Justine, Serena, Venus won all the majors, Maria was pre surgery, Jelena and Ana were winning matches back then.

Its supposed to be much weaker now.

Miracle Worker
Dec 27th, 2011, 10:55 PM
I'm glad happy she'll come back in January.

But I'm not sure if WTA tournament is good for someone who is not in good shape. SHe should try play 1 or 2 ITFs and then play in AO.

Dominika23
Dec 27th, 2011, 11:08 PM
I'm glad happy she'll come back in January.

But I'm not sure if WTA tournament is good for someone who is not in good shape. SHe should try play 1 or 2 ITFs and then play in AO.

I Agree I Hope she have a Great Year Through. SHe start off in Hobart hopefully she can win some matches or even the title :worship:

Dominika23
Dec 27th, 2011, 11:13 PM
Bring the Chak Attack Back for 2012

Melange
Dec 27th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Considering she is arguably the worst top 5 player in the open era and gave us one of the worst Semi-finals ever at a Slam, I can understand your previous dislike for her. Unlike you though, I still dislike her :devil:

hows jc doing

sammy01
Dec 27th, 2011, 11:28 PM
I'm sure chak has a reasonable goal of say top 100 or 50 for the year and just play her way back into form and match fitness. when she is talking about 3 practices a day she is talking about her prime, she could train for a whole year and still not be back to that level of fitness ect as she had match play practice (something very different and tougher than just general hitting). she resumed training in november when the season was still going, so she will have had 2 months to build herself back up.

she needs to play WTA at places like hobart to see where her tennis is. there is no top 20 player there so all the players in the draw chak should be looking to beat or be competitive with in the future if the comeback goes well. if she loses 6-1, 6-2 in hobart to some 50 ranked player she knows she has a lot to do. if she comes away with a win or a 6-4, 3-6, 6-2 loss then she knows she is close just more match practice is needed.

i sense australia will be to see where she is tennis wise, then decide after that if challenger tournaments are needed or if she feels she can compete at MM wta tournaments then playing many of those to get something going.

Vespertine69
Dec 27th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Yay, the comeback. Sure she will be very rusty, but it will be great to have her playing and healthy whatever.

And sad that there are still people banging on about the USO SF. Which WAS hideous, but Anna had played really well all summer to get there and crucifying her for playing a stinker in such a huge match is really not all that fair. But hey... fair and TF?! The cheek of it...

JCTennisFan
Dec 27th, 2011, 11:47 PM
hows jc doing

Id venture to guess she is living relatively comfortably after her 3 surgeries failed to allow her to return to tennis. What with the millions of dollars she made during her career, Id say she isnt too bad off. :wavey:

JCTennisFan
Dec 27th, 2011, 11:49 PM
Yay, the comeback. Sure she will be very rusty, but it will be great to have her playing and healthy whatever.

And sad that there are still people banging on about the USO SF. Which WAS hideous, but Anna had played really well all summer to get there and crucifying her for playing a stinker in such a huge match is really not all that fair. But hey... fair and TF?! The cheek of it...

If you get to a SF and put on a performance like she (and Kuzzie) put on then you dont deserve to be in the SF to begin with. Overachieved her arse off in 2007.

Vespertine69
Dec 27th, 2011, 11:58 PM
If you get to a SF and put on a performance like she (and Kuzzie) put on then you dont deserve to be in the SF to begin with. Overachieved her arse off in 2007.

If you think "overachieving" is a legitimate concept around which to base an argument, then it is going to be hard to have sane dialog :( You achieve the results you achieve. End of. There is no body of arbitration that decides if you deserve to be in a slam SF or not. Or if you really should have won the matches you won. You win, you deserve it. If you think that Anna doesn't have sufficient talent to make a slam SF and should not have been in one... guess what? You were wrong and she was in one... it's a totally pointless debate. You can hate the sucky match of course...

nelsondan
Dec 27th, 2011, 11:59 PM
she and Maria.....collision course.....if they both last long enough.

sammy01
Dec 28th, 2011, 12:00 AM

4 titles, going 19-1 win loss record in 2007 at one point, oz qtr, french qtr, us semi, miami semi, YEC semi.

half the current top 10 would kill for those results.

Dominika23
Dec 28th, 2011, 12:00 AM
Id venture to guess she is living relatively comfortably after her 3 surgeries failed to allow her to return to tennis. What with the millions of dollars she made during her career, Id say she isnt too bad off. :wavey:

& having numbers if Overdose and Hangovers :wavey:

sammy01
Dec 28th, 2011, 12:14 AM
to put chak's 06/07 in perspective here are hers (from post us open 2006 to us open 2007 when she made #5) and vika's 2011 results side by side in which she finished 3.

slams -

anna - sf, qtr, qtr, 3rd
vika - sf, qtr, 4rd, 3rd

titles -

anna - 6 (moscow, stanford, hobart, cincinatti, netherlands and guangzhou)
vika - 3 (miami, marbella and luxembourg)

tour semi finals or better -

anna - 10
vika - 8

and that only put chak to #5 for a couple of weeks. shame she didn't play in a year like this one she could have 'overachieved' even higher.

Vincey!
Dec 28th, 2011, 12:55 AM
Yay! that's a good news! I sure hope she'll have good results! Hopefully she will be fine!!

JCTennisFan
Dec 28th, 2011, 12:56 AM
to put chak's 06/07 in perspective here are hers (from post us open 2006 to us open 2007 when she made #5) and vika's 2011 results side by side in which she finished 3.

slams -

anna - sf, qtr, qtr, 3rd
vika - sf, qtr, 4rd, 3rd

titles -

anna - 10
vika - 8

and that only put chak to #5 for a couple of weeks. shame she didn't play in a year like this one she could have 'overachieved' even higher.

You are completely right... those are awesome stats. But the problem is that what were her 06 stats, her 08, 09, 10, and 11 stats? And then what were Azarenkas stats for the past several years? The point im trying to make is that chaky was a top 20 player who managed to have one great season. That is what is called overachievement... atleast for that season. Im not saying that she isnt a good player... she just is very poor by top 5 standards.

Vincey!
Dec 28th, 2011, 12:57 AM

slams -

anna - sf, qtr, qtr, 3rd
vika - sf, qtr, 4rd, 3rd

titles -

anna - 10
vika - 8

The tournments were not giving the same amount of points etheir, it's not only the type of year that affected her ranking comparing to Vika's.

Dominika23
Dec 28th, 2011, 01:25 AM
You are completely right... those are awesome stats. But the problem is that what were her 06 stats, her 08, 09, 10, and 11 stats? And then what were Azarenkas stats for the past several years? The point im trying to make is that chaky was a top 20 player who managed to have one great season. That is what is called overachievement... atleast for that season. Im not saying that she isnt a good player... she just is very poor by top 5 standards.

I think alot of things also play along to the affect of those years being bad due to the robbery and her trying change her game in 08-09 and in 2010 during the second half she showed sign of her best and why she was a top ten player. but then again 2011 she had another downfall with the illness. I not saying she for sure be top ten because right now at how wta is anybody could crack the top ten, look how Petkovic shock everybody but I will say she could be a top 20 player if she in form and ready which it seem like she is. kind of like Pennetta & Bartoli player who come in and out the top ten but stay most their time in the top 20 that where I think she belong.

Jane Lane
Dec 28th, 2011, 01:37 AM
I think alot of things also play along to the affect of those years being bad due to the robbery and her trying change her game in 08-09 and in 2010 during the second half she showed sign of her best and why she was a top ten player. but then again 2011 she had another downfall with the illness. I not saying she for sure be top ten because right now at how wta is anybody could crack the top ten, look how Petkovic shock everybody but I will say she could be a top 20 player if she in form and ready which it seem like she is. kind of like Pennetta & Bartoli player who come in and out the top ten but stay most their time in the top 20 that where I think she belong.

I agree with this. She was back on the upswing at the end of 2010 with the title in Slovenia and everything.

I'm biased obviously but I find it hard to believe how anybody could dislike Anna. Her game is fun to watch when she's on; true counterpunching at its best and her BH is a thing of beauty. She's not a diva personality, she doesn't trash talk her opponents, and she's soft-spoken, intelligent and insightful. After all she's gone through I just want to see her back smiling on court again.

Drake1980
Dec 28th, 2011, 01:38 AM
:bounce:

JCTennisFan
Dec 28th, 2011, 01:38 AM
At the least she will be a breath of fresh air in the top 20 (if she can get back to that). Her game wasnt a robot ballbashing type, which is so common currently. Variety is always good for the sport and for entertainment value.

PolishLunatiq
Dec 28th, 2011, 04:29 AM
So glad to hear it:)

lang26
Dec 28th, 2011, 04:44 AM

I agree with this

Wannabeknowitall
Dec 28th, 2011, 04:46 AM
At the least she will be a breath of fresh air in the top 20 (if she can get back to that). Her game wasnt a robot ballbashing type, which is so common currently. Variety is always good for the sport and for entertainment value.

Here's the good news:

Her footwork at best was sloppy but she overcompensated with her anticipation.
If she can get her footwork to a level of Wozniacki, with the level of anticipation she had a few years ago, she could be a top 15 player.
Now the thing I worry about is that she was such a predictable player. She wasn't a ball basher but 9 times out of ten, she would hit her forehand crosscourt. In fact, she wasn't a great player when it came to changing the direction of the ball on her forehand.

That play might have worked well against a Petrova. But looking at the top 15 right now, players like Kvitkova, Azarenka, Sharapova, Stosur, Petkovic, Serena, Clijsters, and Lisicki, would have a field day with that type of gamestyle.
She's going to have to change up her game if she wants to be ever back in the top 10.

Just being consistent will get back into the top 40, good footwork will get her in the top 30, a little extra umph on her shots could get her around top 20.
If Flavia is still in the top 20 and she pretty much had a horrid year, I don't see what's stopping Anna.

_inocencia_
Dec 28th, 2011, 06:21 AM
she wrote she's not able to practice on the highest level yet. according to that she should be playing ITF's, not hobart. just to take it slow and NOT droping out in the 1st round(s)

Drimal
Dec 28th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Good news, but I'm not being too over optimistic just yet. :p

Sombrerero loco
Dec 28th, 2011, 08:53 AM
hopefully she is right :hearts:

Shadowcat
Dec 28th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Can't wait for her to be back! Awesome news! :yippee:

FB2012
Dec 28th, 2011, 10:03 AM
That's a good news to hear :bounce:

pov
Dec 28th, 2011, 02:19 PM
:yeah: It's good that she's feeling fit. It will add to a great 2012 season.

Mugilda
Dec 28th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Anne :banana:

smokovec
Dec 28th, 2011, 03:12 PM

That's true, a very bad match, but with also a big help of Kuznetsova...

Shadowcat
Dec 28th, 2011, 03:18 PM

And why are you commenting on this thread if you don't like her? :rolleyes:

lang26
Dec 28th, 2011, 05:06 PM
let go Anna

Noctis
Dec 28th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Omg amazing :sobbing:

cordec
Dec 28th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Good luck Anna!

Smitten
Dec 29th, 2011, 05:42 AM
She really is the worst top 5 player ever now that Azarenka had the 2011 she had.

That's just very sad. Oh well.

Stonerpova
Dec 29th, 2011, 05:51 AM
Not to be an asshole but wasn't she in a deep slump before the physical issues?

Setsuna.
Dec 29th, 2011, 06:07 AM

:facepalm:

And why she was in deep slump after the end of 2007?
I thought everyone knows why by now.

Martian Jeza
Dec 29th, 2011, 06:08 AM

I'd love to see you with a gun pointed at your head and seeing your house getting robbed... :tape:

Geertvg
Dec 29th, 2011, 06:32 AM
Hope to see her back to her old self, such a joy to watch :)

Stonerpova
Dec 29th, 2011, 06:16 PM
:facepalm:

And why she was in deep slump after the end of 2007?
I thought everyone knows why by now.

Of course I do. It was a horrible incident that she will never truly get over. But all I was saying was that it's gonna take a while longer for the emotional wounds to heal, so it's unrealistic to expect her to become the player she was in '07 just because she's physically in a better state.

I'd love to see you with a gun pointed at your head and seeing your house getting robbed... :tape:

And I'd love to see you never post on this forum again.

Setsuna.
Dec 29th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Of course I do. It was a horrible incident that she will never truly get over. But all I was saying was that it's gonna take a while longer for the emotional wounds to heal, so it's unrealistic to expect her to become the player she was in '07 just because she's physically in a better state.

I get your point. That's why no one can blame her for that deep slump and it's fair to say the she underachieved in her career because of that terrible incident. I'm sure she would have achieved much more in her career if such incident didn't happen to her. It ruined her career sadly.

There is no Chak fan claimed the bolded part BTW. None of us expecting her to come back to her 07 level. Her fans will be very happy to see her on court again and being fully healthy all year for now.

Bourbon
Dec 29th, 2011, 06:57 PM
Good luck Anna :)

lang26
Dec 29th, 2011, 08:02 PM
Best to Anna Hope she back in form and get her rank back into the top 20 or better

Patrick345
Dec 29th, 2011, 08:11 PM
How does she know? I wish her all the best, but just like Safina with her bad back, she might have no problems while living a normal life, or doing light workouts, but she doesn´t know how her body will react to real hard workouts and competition.

lang26
Dec 29th, 2011, 08:14 PM
How does she know? I wish her all the best, but just like Safina with her bad back, she might have no problems while living a normal life, or doing light workouts, but she doesn´t know how her body will react to real hard workouts and competition.

If I right I think it was just an Inner Ear problem that cause her to faint all through 2011 but only time will tell.

Wintermute
Dec 29th, 2011, 11:28 PM
I'm just looking forward to seeing her back on court and we'll see what happens after that.

With the AO so soon in the season, playing ITFs at the start won't be any help to her. She needs to gauge her level. Her Special Ranking won't last forever and she wants to pick up enough points to be in the Top 100. She's been training for a couple of months but now needs some good match play. If she gets very lucky with the draw at the AO then winning a round would be an ideal situation in terms of the points it brings.

But her fans aren't fantasists. I just want her to have a successful, injury-free season. And success is a relative term; no one wants a repeat of the frustrating 2011 season marred by injury and illness.

iPatty
Dec 29th, 2011, 11:59 PM
If she's 100% healthy why can't she practice three times a day "like she used to"?

sammy01
Dec 30th, 2011, 12:05 AM
If she's 100% healthy why can't she practice three times a day "like she used to"?

probably because she is building herself up from scratch again, and 3 sessions a day would be very tough on the body. i'm sure as the weeks have passed she has increased the work load, but you don't come back from 6 months barely picking up a racket to 3 sessions a day.

i'm sure when she lands in australia on the 3rd she will push it up another notch as she hits with the other girls ect.

lang26
Dec 30th, 2011, 01:48 AM
I'm just looking forward to seeing her back on court and we'll see what happens after that.

With the AO so soon in the season, playing ITFs at the start won't be any help to her. She needs to gauge her level. Her Special Ranking won't last forever and she wants to pick up enough points to be in the Top 100. She's been training for a couple of months but now needs some good match play. If she gets very lucky with the draw at the AO then winning a round would be an ideal situation in terms of the points it brings.

But her fans aren't fantasists. I just want her to have a successful, injury-free season. And success is a relative term; no one wants a repeat of the frustrating 2011 season marred by injury and illness.

I agree let see how she playing first hopeful when her SR is over it will get her Ranking high enough where she can enter event or Q