PDA

View Full Version : WWW: Peak Clijsters vs Peak Hingis??

young_gunner913
Dec 23rd, 2011, 07:32 PM
This is a real interesting match up because Hingis had an easy time with Kim early in their rivalry but Kim obviously started to make things competitive but Hingis retired and lead their H2H 4-1. When Hingis made her comeback 2006-2007, Kim went undefeated against Martina in 3 slam QFs and in San Diego QF to take the lead in their H2H 5-4. Kim only had one slam at the time. Now in Kim's comeback, she achieved what Martina thought she could and has taken a handful of slams to make them closer in achievements.

Mynarco
Dec 23rd, 2011, 07:34 PM
Legend in 3. Absolute triumph on grass, 50/50 on clay, 70/30 on hard for Martina

The Dawntreader
Dec 23rd, 2011, 07:35 PM
Hingis, forever and always.

Mistress of Evil
Dec 23rd, 2011, 07:39 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li7mhwjsGs1qafrh6.jpg

Miss Amor
Dec 23rd, 2011, 07:44 PM
Battle of the titans!

http://i39.tinypic.com/2ntbqet.jpg
vs
http://i41.tinypic.com/97o3k4.jpg

I go with Legend Myth everywhere except deco turf.

young_gunner913
Dec 23rd, 2011, 07:48 PM
Battle of the titans!

http://i39.tinypic.com/2ntbqet.jpg
vs
http://i41.tinypic.com/97o3k4.jpg

:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry: Urban Myth FTW.

danieln1
Dec 23rd, 2011, 07:48 PM
:haha: :haha:

Hingis would trash Fiona's one dimensional game with court craft and intelligence

Legend in 2 sets, one easy and one tough ( because of Kimberly superb grinding skills)

doomsday
Dec 23rd, 2011, 07:51 PM
Just one more week.

Brad[le]y.
Dec 23rd, 2011, 09:07 PM
:haha: :haha:

Hingis would trash Fiona's one dimensional game with court craft and intelligence

Legend in 2 sets, one easy and one tough ( because of Kimberly superb grinding skills)

+ 1

Marionated
Dec 23rd, 2011, 09:11 PM
Kim would win on the American hardcourts for sure.

sammy01
Dec 23rd, 2011, 09:24 PM
Kim would win on the American hardcourts for sure.

yep kim on hard courts most of the time. clay is intresting as hingis was good on it, though even in the year 2006 when hingis won rome and made the qtrs of the french she was overpowered by kim in that qtr final. i would probably give martina the edge on clay, but martina was prone to being hit off the court on clay.

grass is tight too, although martina won wimbledon, she sucked for the most part on grass apart from that. i would actually give kim the edge on grass.

i'd give kim a 7-3 edge if they played 10 times on all surfaces.

on a slightly off topicness, i think martina is overrated. she nabbed 3 slams in a weak year, and yes she was really consistent and her style of tennis was beautiful but she sometimes couldn't crack an egg with that forehand and the serve was very soft and short.

Bonfire
Dec 23rd, 2011, 09:36 PM
Clijsters

Matt01
Dec 23rd, 2011, 10:19 PM
HC outdoors (except Rebound): Fino Fiona.

Everywhere else: Wingis :worship:

claypova
Dec 23rd, 2011, 10:34 PM
yep kim on hard courts most of the time. clay is intresting as hingis was good on it, though even in the year 2006 when hingis won rome and made the qtrs of the french she was overpowered by kim in that qtr final. i would probably give martina the edge on clay, but martina was prone to being hit off the court on clay.

grass is tight too, although martina won wimbledon, she sucked for the most part on grass apart from that. i would actually give kim the edge on grass.

on a slightly off topicness, i think martina is overrated. she nabbed 3 slams in a weak year, and yes she was really consistent and her style of tennis was beautiful but she sometimes couldn't crack an egg with that forehand and the serve was very soft and short.

so did Kim :shrug:

sammy01
Dec 23rd, 2011, 10:37 PM
HC outdoors (except Rebound): Fino Fiona.

Everywhere else: Wingis :worship:

why would hingis win on grass? 2 top 10 wins in her entire career (navotna and ASV) and 2 career titles on it.

kim has 4 top 10 wins on grass and 2 titles also.

i know obviously hingis won wimbledon, but her draw was laughable. serial choker novotna in the final and facing 1 top 20 player to make the final. that would be like kim winning wimbledon beating dementieva in the final and beating penetta along the way.

sammy01
Dec 23rd, 2011, 10:41 PM
so did Kim :shrug:

fair enough if you think that, though kim has never more than 1 slam in a year :p

Sombrerero loco
Dec 23rd, 2011, 10:44 PM
wingis of course :bowdown:

The Dawntreader
Dec 23rd, 2011, 10:46 PM
why would hingis win on grass? 2 top 10 wins in her entire career (navotna and ASV) and 2 career titles on it.

i know obviously hingis won wimbledon, but her draw was laughable. serial choker novotna in the final and facing 1 top 20 player to make the final. that would be like kim winning wimbledon beating dementieva in the final and beating penetta along the way.

Sin is a horrible player on grass. Her top 10 wins are over Kuznetsova (:tape:) and Henin via a retirement. Oh yes and let's throw in Coetzer, who was such a marvel on grass.

Tauziat is the only win of note.

sammy01
Dec 23rd, 2011, 10:49 PM
Sin is a horrible player on grass. Her top 10 wins are over Kuznetsova (:tape:) and Henin via a retirement. Oh yes and let's throw in Coetzer, who was such a marvel on grass.

Tauziat is the only win of note.

well i supposed past her prime ASV and novotna in a final are just GOAT worthy wins :worship:

both aren't great on grass, hingis lucked out with the kind of slam draw players must dream about.

The Dawntreader
Dec 23rd, 2011, 10:53 PM
well i supposed past her prime ASV and novotna in a final are just GOAT worthy wins :worship:

both aren't great on grass, hingis lucked out with the kind of slam draw players must dream about.

Do you mean Sanchez Vicario who won RG a year later? Or Novotna who won Wimbledon the year later, out-playing Hingis in the semis?

But yes, praise be to the Coetzer scalp!:worship:

And LOL at you being a draw snob, when you consider Sin's last Slam-winning draw:tape:

Sombrerero loco
Dec 23rd, 2011, 10:58 PM

please :facepalm: ASV won the FO next year and novotna won the wimbledon next year too(beating hingis in semis) :spit:

sammy01
Dec 23rd, 2011, 11:01 PM
Do you mean Sanchez Vicario who won RG a year later? Or Novotna who won Wimbledon the year later, out-playing Hingis in the semis?

But yes, praise be to the Coetzer scalp!:worship:

And LOL at you being a draw snob, when you consider Sin's last Slam-winning draw:tape:

im sorry is clay now grass? ASV had long passed her best and wasn't a factor on grass anymore.

the fact that hingis then lost in straights to novotna a year later when not a final just shows the mental giant that novotna was in a slam final.

clijsters had a nice draw at the oz open this year, but still beat 3 players who made the YEC (li na winning a slam too) in the last 3 rounds.

The Dawntreader
Dec 23rd, 2011, 11:08 PM
im sorry is clay now grass? ASV had long passed her best and wasn't a factor on grass anymore.

the fact that hingis then lost in straights to novotna a year later when not a final just shows the mental giant that novotna was in a slam final.

clijsters had a nice draw at the oz open this year, but still beat 3 players who made the YEC (li na winning a slam too) in the last 3 rounds.

Oh dear.

And how was ASV a non-factor on grass in '97? It was her last year of being a force yes, but she was still in the fray. She had just made two consecutive finals, and was a set away from her third.

Hingis took her opportunities and won Wimbledon. It's as simple as that.

sammy01
Dec 23rd, 2011, 11:11 PM
Oh dear.

And how was ASV a non-factor on grass in '97? It was her last year of being a force yes, but she was still in the fray. She had just made two consecutive finals, and was a set away from her third.

Hingis took her opportunities and won Wimbledon. It's as simple as that.

that still doesn't tell me why hingis would beat kim on grass. yep she beat ASV, but kim can serve better and hit harder than ASV ever could.

if kim could outhit martina on clay, why wouldn't/couldn't she do the same to martina on grass?

madmax
Dec 23rd, 2011, 11:13 PM
very boring matchup...Hingis would prevail everywhere though

The Dawntreader
Dec 23rd, 2011, 11:15 PM
that still doesn't tell me why hingis would beat kim on grass. yep she beat ASV, but kim can serve better and hit harder than ASV ever could.

if kim could outhit martina on clay, why wouldn't/couldn't she do the same to martina on grass?

Did i even say Sin wouldn't beat Hingis on grass? I was trying to defend the argument you put forward about Hingis 'lucking' out on a Wimbledon title.

And Sin can't out-hit players as readily on grass. Her technique is not built for it. Her court-positioning is usually terrible too.

Dominic
Dec 23rd, 2011, 11:56 PM
Clijsters

sammy01
Dec 24th, 2011, 12:26 AM
Did i even say Sin wouldn't beat Hingis on grass? I was trying to defend the argument you put forward about Hingis 'lucking' out on a Wimbledon title.

And Sin can't out-hit players as readily on grass. Her technique is not built for it. Her court-positioning is usually terrible too.

so you agree kim could beat martina on grass. on american hard courts you would be hard pressed to bet against clijsters against anyone. kim even beat martina on american hardcourts in 2001 when kim was barely a top 20 player and martina was number 1. so that leaves the clay, rebound ace.

rebound ace was martina's surface and she rightfully gets the edge there, though the H2H was 2-2 on that surface. so only a slight edge.

clay, who knows. martina was great on clay but as i said before she could be overpowered on clay and kim won their only metting on the surface in 2006.

they never met when they were both playing slam winning tennis, but i fail to see how kim wouldn't be winning at least half their matches if not the majority (given so much of the year is on hardcourts) if they both played often at their peaks.

ExtremespeedX
Dec 24th, 2011, 12:27 AM
Hingis prevails through pure talent.

Matt01
Dec 24th, 2011, 12:33 AM

i know obviously hingis won wimbledon,

Yeah, I'm basing that on Hingis' Wimby win. Choker or not, Novotna wasn't a scrub on grass and Kim never made a Wimby final in her entire career.

sammy01
Dec 24th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Yeah, I'm basing that on Hingis' Wimby win. Choker or not, Novotna wasn't a scrub on grass and Kim never made a Wimby final in her entire career.

kim made 2 semis though and faced 5 time champion venus in one and justine henin in the other. hingis faced anna kournikova in hers.

by your logic martinez is a better grass courter than henin and myskina a better clay courter than hingis?

Nicolás89
Dec 24th, 2011, 12:50 AM
This is a real interesting match up because Hingis had an easy time with Kim early in their rivalry but Kim obviously started to make things competitive but Hingis retired and lead their H2H 4-1. When Hingis made her comeback 2006-2007, Kim went undefeated against Martina in 3 slam QFs and in San Diego QF to take the lead in their H2H 5-4. Kim only had one slam at the time. Now in Kim's comeback, she achieved what Martina thought she could and has taken a handful of slams to make them closer in achievements.

Lol Seriously? Nice thread cover for what this really is though. :yeah:

Legend wins.

dsanders06
Dec 24th, 2011, 12:59 AM
I much prefer Kim, but I have to say I think peak Martina would beat her on everything but quick hardcourts. Slow HCs would be close, but Hingis was such a demon on Rebound Ace especially that I have to give the edge to her (that said, Capriati, obviously similar to Kim, did very well against an albeit slightly-past-her-prime Hingis on Rebound Ace...tough one). Clay would be a Hingis blowout, and I think she'd win pretty convincingly on grass too.

Smitten
Dec 24th, 2011, 01:38 AM
Legend.

debby
Dec 24th, 2011, 02:19 AM

100% this. And I am not even a Kim fan.

ViceUltramontain
Dec 24th, 2011, 02:23 AM
:facepalm:

Kim everywhere. She was already beating number one Hingis at 17. Kim is also a better claycourter at her best and a better grasscourter at her best. Only really close match would be on old Rebound Ace. But even there Kim is a better player. Hingis is so overrated. She was a great teen champion but she just got overwhelmed by everything that began to happen in 1999, she hung on for 2 years and just was finished after.

ExtremespeedX
Dec 24th, 2011, 02:29 AM

Kim everywhere. She was already beating number one Hingis at 17. Kim is also a better claycourter at her best and a better grasscourter at her best. Only really close match would be on old Rebound Ace. But even there Kim is a better player. Hingis is so overrated. She was a great teen champion but she just got overwhelmed by everything that began to happen in 1999, she hung on for 2 years and just was finished after.

:weirdo:

Clijsters is a grass mug, who can't serve, volley or adjust to bad bounce or sleek grass surface, which disrupts her grinding game. She has zero variety, finesse or touch. She's a grinder, who excels on hard courts, easy as that.

Wingis, was more like ATP's Hewitt. Not great serve, but great tactician, good at the net and possessed necessary court smarts. Her volleys were world class and her variety is unmatched. To claim the Belgian pusher is superior to Wingis on GRASS is one of the most preposterous things that I have ever heard. :o

ViceUltramontain
Dec 24th, 2011, 02:37 AM
:weirdo:

Clijsters is a grass mug, who can't serve, volley or adjust to bad bounce or sleek grass surface, which disrupts her grinding game. She has zero variety, finesse or touch. She's a grinder, who excels on hard courts, easy as that.

Wingis, was more like ATP's Hewitt. Not great serve, but great tactician, good at the net and possessed necessary court smarts. Her volleys were world class and her variety is unmatched. To claim the Belgian pusher is superior to Wingis on GRASS is one of the most preposterous things that I have ever heard. :o

Watch Davenport/Clijsters during 2005 Wimbledon and come back to talk to me again.

Hingis was trashed two times in the first round of Wimbledon so don't make her look like a grass GOAT. During her come back she lost against Sugiyama and Granville ! Your grass GOAT couldn't even reach a decent player to lose in 2006 and 2007.

Now watch Kim's loss in Wimbledon (except in 2002 while she was injured to the shoulder, only good players (slam winners or wimbledon finalists/winners). There's no Sugiyama, no Ruano Pascual, no Granville on this list.

tennismaster8820
Dec 24th, 2011, 02:56 AM

:facepalm: How old are you?

ViceUltramontain
Dec 24th, 2011, 02:59 AM
:facepalm: How old are you?

How is it relevant ?

ExtremespeedX
Dec 24th, 2011, 03:03 AM
Watch Davenport/Clijsters during 2005 Wimbledon and come back to talk to me again.

Hingis was trashed two times in the first round of Wimbledon so don't make her look like a grass GOAT. During her come back she lost against Sugiyama and Granville ! Your grass GOAT couldn't even reach a decent player to lose in 2006 and 2007.

Now watch Kim's loss in Wimbledon (except in 2002 while she was injured to the shoulder, only good players (slam winners or wimbledon finalists/winners). There's no Sugiyama, no Ruano Pascual, no Granville on this list.

Davenport was way past her best in 2005 and Clijsters was probably at her best. I am not making Hingis look like a grass GOAT, because she isn't. I am saying her natural finesse, touch at the net and volleys were far more suited for grass play than Clijsters' dull topspin grinding.

One VERY important thing to note: Hingis won her Wimbledon title on a 90's fast grass against a classic serve and volleyer. Clijsters couldn't do jack shit on slowed down green clay in an era of baseliners. Better than Hingis on grass indeed. :lol:

ViceUltramontain
Dec 24th, 2011, 03:08 AM
One VERY important thing to note: Hingis won her Wimbledon title on a 90's fast grass against a classic serve and volleyer. Clijsters couldn't do jack shit on slowed down green clay in an era of baseliners. Better than Hingis on grass indeed. :lol:

Hingis didn't do better that Clijsters on the slowed down green clay :shrug: and Kim is too young to have known that 90's fast grass so we can't judge on how she would have done on that surface. Kim has a better record on the grass where they both played on.

tennismaster8820
Dec 24th, 2011, 03:22 AM
How is it relevant ?

Because you are either very young and didn't follow tennis for too long or you just don't know much about it.
Hingis is underachiever while Clijsters is overachiever.
Martina played so many more classic matches, while Kim just so often couldn't offer much in big moments, 2005 US open was exception.
All other slams she really didn't play that well for her standards, mostly used weak draws and who knows if she would even win that 2010 US Open SF if Serena didn't get herself disqualified...
Anyway Clijsters is definitely not better on grass, she never won Wimbledon while Martina has. Kim had many opportunities to win one, especially in last years but couldn't do it in this weak era. Yeah Hingis had some bad losses on grass (we all know Dokic loss was tank job), but so did Venus, it only counts what you win, not what you lose...
Serena lost to Craybas in Wimbledon, Clijsters never lost there to such bad player, that means she is better grass court player. :lol:

ViceUltramontain
Dec 24th, 2011, 03:33 AM
Because you are either very young and didn't follow tennis for too long or you just don't know much about it.
Martina played so many more classic matches, while Kim just so often couldn't offer much in big moments, 2005 US open was exception.
All other slams she really didn't play that well for her standards, mostly used weak draws and who knows if she would even win that 2010 US Open SF if Serena didn't get herself disqualified...
Anyway Clijsters is definitely not better on grass, she never won Wimbledon while Martina has. Kim had many opportunities to win one, especially in last years but couldn't do it in this weak era. Yeah Hingis had some bad losses on grass (we all know Dokic loss was tank job), but so did Venus, it only counts what you win, not what you lose...
Serena lost to Craybas in Wimbledon, Clijsters never lost there to such bad player, that means she is better grass court player. :lol:

2009 and Serena was not disqualified.
And Kim played Wimbledon once in the last 4 years, so...

Don't try to tell to someone that he doesn't know much about tennis when you're yourself about to make two mistakes about it.

And by the way, I'm old enough, I was following tennis in 2001 when 17yo Clijsters beat Hingis in Indian Wells. It's not just wikipedia talking.

I know enough to know that Hingis' and Clijsters' careers didn't happened at the same time and nobody know if Hingis would have won Wimbledon if she'd have been from 1983 too. We're not compararing palmares here but level of play. Tennis in 2003 and more was not the same than tennis in 1997.

And weak draws and Serena's outburst ? Really ? Still these excuses ?

tennismaster8820
Dec 24th, 2011, 03:50 AM
2009 and Serena was not disqualified.
And Kim played Wimbledon once in the last 4 years, so...

Don't try to tell to someone that he doesn't know much about tennis when you're yourself about to make two mistakes about it.

And by the way, I'm old enough, I was following tennis in 2001 when 17yo Clijsters beat Hingis in Indian Wells. It's not just wikipedia talking.

I know enough to know that Hingis' and Clijsters' careers didn't happened at the same time and nobody know if Hingis would have won Wimbledon if she'd have been from 1983 too. We're not compararing palmares here but level of play. Tennis in 2003 and more was not the same than tennis in 1997.

And weak draws and Serena's outburst ? Really ? Still these excuses ?

Kim played enough Wimbledons in her career but never was close to winning it. That's all that's relevant.

Yeah big mistake 2009 and not 2010 US Open, nice argument that I don't know nothing about tennis. :lol:
Oh I forgot to put quotation marks around disqualified part.

Most people know that Hingis played much better tennis in early stages of her career, later she became more and more uncertain and lacked confidence.
Especially in her second career she was not close to her best days.

However I'm not trying to say Kim didn't deserve her slams, I'm just comparing her to Hingis here. Both are great champions.
Luckily this poll results tell the truth. ;)

Sombrerero loco
Dec 24th, 2011, 12:34 PM

THIS

Matt01
Dec 24th, 2011, 12:35 PM
kim made 2 semis though and faced 5 time champion venus in one and justine henin in the other. hingis faced anna kournikova in hers.

by your logic martinez is a better grass courter than henin and myskina a better clay courter than hingis?

Henin on grass and Hingis on clay reached several Slam finals, Kim on grass didn't.

Brad[le]y.
Dec 24th, 2011, 01:12 PM

Martina has two semis as well :wavey:

NoppaNoppa
Dec 24th, 2011, 01:20 PM
We can´t say. As Kim hasn´t peaked yet :cool:

AcesHigh
Dec 24th, 2011, 02:45 PM
:spit: at Kim being an OVERACHIEVER.
This is a thread where posters feel free to pile their hate on Kim.

Nicolás89
Dec 24th, 2011, 04:08 PM

At both Hingis and Clijsters, which is exactly what the OP wanted. :o

Brad[le]y.
Dec 24th, 2011, 07:55 PM

I don't think she is an overachiever; in fact, had she not come back she would have been one of the biggest underachievers in history.

AcesHigh
Dec 24th, 2011, 08:02 PM
At both Hingis and Clijsters, which is exactly what the OP wanted. :o

I don't think she is an overachiever; in fact, had she not come back she would have been one of the biggest underachievers in history.

Agreed and agreed.

Sammo
Dec 24th, 2011, 08:19 PM
Peak Hingis and it's not even close.

debby
Dec 24th, 2011, 08:54 PM
To be honest, I fail to see how Wingis could have done much better with her ~ so smart game :shrug:

Against the big Four, I totally disagree.... they were as smart, they were not as one-dimensional as some other players can be... they could play different kind of games.
About any other player, I can agree :shrug: just that imo the WS and the Belgians are above Hingis. The Belgians could actually play tactical games while using power and variety... I do think Hingis is overrated in the sense that many think she might be the GOAT comparing to some other great players such as Clijsters and Henin.

JCTennisFan
Dec 24th, 2011, 09:03 PM
In my opinion it is Kim without a doubt. Hingis didnt have alot of difficulty with fast moving but weak hitting players or hard hitting but slow moving players. The only type of player that gave Hingis issues was someone who could hit hard and also move very well. The 5 players who could best do this during Hingis' career were V & S, Capriati, Henin, and Kim.

On top of that, Kim's mentality since her comeback has gotten even better, so Hingis' chances would have been even worse against a Kim with mental conviction. Its really quite honestly a poor matchup for Hingis in my opinion..... the only thing she does better than Kim is finesse and netplay... and I cant see those two things making up the gap in power, movement, and serve.

Sammo
Dec 24th, 2011, 09:04 PM
To be honest, I fail to see how Wingis could have done much better with her ~ so smart game :shrug:

Against the big Four, I totally disagree.... they were as smart, they were not as one-dimensional as some other players can be... they could play different kind of games.
About any other player, I can agree :shrug: just that imo the WS and the Belgians are above Hingis. The Belgians could actually play tactical games while using power and variety... I do think Hingis is overrated in the sense that many think she might be the GOAT comparing to some other great players such as Clijsters and Henin.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/005/545/OpoQQ.jpg?1302279173

ViceUltramontain
Dec 24th, 2011, 09:19 PM
kim is so talented honestly, sh'e's christmas queen

ViceUltramontain
Dec 24th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Someone is writing a novel to debby lol

debby
Dec 24th, 2011, 10:41 PM
Someone is writing a novel to debby lol

I am worth a novel

dybbuk
Dec 24th, 2011, 10:43 PM

And where posters also come in to pile shit on Martina for being "transitional" and conveniently ignore Kim beat Li and who else for an AO title. :shrug: Goes both ways. Kim is both underrated on this board and laughable overrated. Though I know you love her and couldn't see the latter even if it was staring you in the face.

ViceUltramontain
Dec 24th, 2011, 10:44 PM
And where posters also come in to pile shit on Martina for being "transitional" and conveniently ignore Kim beat Li and who else for an AO title. :shrug: Goes both ways. Kim is both underrated on this board and laughable overrated. Though I know you love her and couldn't see the latter even if it was staring you in the face.

Did you campaigned about it on twitter ? :oh:

dybbuk
Dec 24th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Can you try that joke again where it even makes sense in context of this thread or my post?

ViceUltramontain
Dec 24th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Can you try that joke again where it even makes sense in context of this thread or my post?

Ok ;) I'll be waiting for that moment. Merry Christmas !!! Have a nice dinner !

debby
Dec 24th, 2011, 10:59 PM

:hysteric:

Sammo
Dec 24th, 2011, 11:04 PM
Kim is not an overachiever because she definately has the game to be a 4 time Grand Slam champion, the fact that 2 of the 4 Grand Slams that she won were a total disaster doesn't exclude that she doesn't deserve them from previous missed chances :angel:

dybbuk
Dec 24th, 2011, 11:13 PM

I'm Jewish, you asshole. Apparently they don't teach you religious sensitivity in the Brigade.

ViceUltramontain
Dec 24th, 2011, 11:14 PM
I'm Jewish, you asshole. Apparently they don't teach you religious sensitivity in the Brigade.

How am I supposed to know that you're Jewish gurl ? Still. Have a nice dinner !

Sammo
Dec 24th, 2011, 11:17 PM

OMG! Let's all celebrate your religion the way it should be done!!

uu_zwdmz0hE

debby
Dec 24th, 2011, 11:26 PM

LMFAO

no offense but I don't care :hug:

young_gunner913
Dec 24th, 2011, 11:37 PM
OMG! Let's all celebrate your religion the way it should be done!!

uu_zwdmz0hE

That's my jam. Let's party!!

http://i40.tinypic.com/kuec3.jpg

debby
Dec 24th, 2011, 11:48 PM
That's my jam. Let's party!!

http://i40.tinypic.com/kuec3.jpg

You are my favourite Sarin - Jujufan hater

Belmont Lad
Dec 25th, 2011, 03:58 AM
Kimbo in a walk. At her "peak", she hits too hard and moves too well for the Swiss Diss.

Sammo
Dec 25th, 2011, 02:39 PM
Clijsters at her peak doesn't hit 1/4 as hard as Venus so please use another argument :lol:

sammy01
Dec 25th, 2011, 03:10 PM
Clijsters at her peak doesn't hit 1/4 as hard as Venus so please use another argument :lol:

she doesn't need to she has better technique thus can rally too.

Dominic
Dec 25th, 2011, 05:13 PM

:lol: ok

Belmont Lad
Dec 26th, 2011, 04:53 AM

:weirdo::lol:

PLP
Dec 26th, 2011, 09:28 AM
Davenport was way past her best in 2005 and Clijsters was probably at her best. I am not making Hingis look like a grass GOAT, because she isn't. I am saying her natural finesse, touch at the net and volleys were far more suited for grass play than Clijsters' dull topspin grinding.

Yes, Martina actually played better on the grass when it was faster.

Kim would prevail on Hard(fast and slow, sorry Martina:hug:) and Martina on grass, clay, & carpet. Would have been fun to see more matches between these 2 closer to their peaks.

AcesHigh
Dec 26th, 2011, 09:51 AM

Overrated by whom? A few fans? How many posters go on about how unworthy Kim's last 2 slams were :shrug: There are a few posters that give her too much credit but those are outnumbered by the many detractors

Maybe when Kim was on a roll she was overrated but that didn't last very long

Better technique? Not by much.

The Dawntreader
Dec 26th, 2011, 11:58 AM

:spit:

sammy01
Dec 26th, 2011, 01:08 PM
:spit:

wait so you think venus is one of the greatest athletes in tennis right, yet she has lost her last 5 matches with kim over the last 6 years. kim doesn't hit on average as hard as venus so the only conclusion i can come to is kim has better technique and wins any sort of longer/rallying point with venus because of that.

The Dawntreader
Dec 26th, 2011, 01:12 PM
wait so you think venus is one of the greatest athletes in tennis right, yet she has lost her last 5 matches with kim over the last 6 years. kim doesn't hit on average as hard as venus so the only conclusion i can come to is kim has better technique and wins any sort of longer/rallying point with venus because of that.

You have to get over this notion that Venus can't rally.

Mistress of Evil
Dec 26th, 2011, 01:13 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li7mhwjsGs1qafrh6.jpg

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr9xrsqvEM1qafrh6.png

sammy01
Dec 26th, 2011, 01:19 PM
You have to get over this notion that Venus can't rally.

oh she can against useless players, but put her against serena, clijsters ect and she has to make it 1 strike tennis, they just have more solid games that can last longer in rallies. heck even a jankovic can show up the technical flaws venus has trying to play long rallying points.

Hardiansf
Dec 27th, 2011, 03:09 AM
I think I agree with sammy for one or two point(s).
Martina is overrated here.
But, even so, she really IS amazing player.
I had a :eek: moments when I watched youtube of her matches at her days.

Eventhough I still think that Kim is the better player, but martina is clearly have more talent.
Hingis is magic...
I love her rivalries vs Venus :hearts:. From the beginning to the end.
It should be Chris vs martina part 2 :sad:

Dominic
Dec 27th, 2011, 03:16 AM
oh she can against useless players, but put her against serena, clijsters ect and she has to make it 1 strike tennis, they just have more solid games that can last longer in rallies. heck even a jankovic can show up the technical flaws venus has trying to play long rallying points.

I could agree about the other ones but Serena just no. Watch their match highlights Venus almost always wins baseline rallies against Serena.

MrSerenaWilliams
Dec 27th, 2011, 08:18 AM
Wingis. Every time. On any surface.