PDA

View Full Version : BOMBSHELL: Sony Ericsson to end sponsorship of WTA tour

Betten
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:05 PM
Don't know if it has been posted here before, but no more SEWTA in 2013:

LONDON (AP)—Sony Ericsson is ending its sponsorship of the WTA tour at the end of the 2012 season.

Sony Ericsson became the title sponsor of the women's tennis tour in 2005 tour under a six-year, $88 million deal. Although the contract was extended through the end of 2012, the mobile phone company's name was dropped from the tour's title in 2011.

The WTA said in a statement Friday that "2012 will be the eighth and final year of the partnership. They have been a great partner and we will miss them.''

Sony Ericsson PR manager Graciela Pineda says "this was a strategic decision based on the evolution of the business and the brand.''

LM Ericsson announced in October it would sell its 50 percent stake in Sony Ericsson to Sony for $1.46 billion.

(link (http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=15466&zoneid=4))

Sammo
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:08 PM
:eek:

Drake1980
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:09 PM
:eek: :eek:

Break My Rapture
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:10 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

Mary Cherry.
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:11 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Super Dave
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:12 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

melodynelson
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:14 PM
So it's going from Sony Ericsson to Sony?

Patrick345
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:15 PM
Guess Sony Ericsson doesn´t love Wozniacki, Kvitova and Azarenka as much as the stars of the past.

Super Dave
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:17 PM
I heard Ringling Bros. will be the new sponsor.

sammy01
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:20 PM
not surprised, cant think they are making money out of sponsoring a set of players barely anyone knows about. the wta really needs a new superstar and fast!

JustPetko
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:20 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mynarco
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:21 PM
it is a WASTE

danieln1
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:21 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

No more SEWTA??????????????????

:sobbing: :sobbing:

Super Dave
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:23 PM
Honestly, I thought we had heard this before.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

M.P
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:23 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sammo
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:25 PM
It hasn't been SEWTA for 1 or 2 years

iGOAT
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:28 PM
Where do you all live :haha::sobbing:? This is not unexpected at all. First, the article says they will still be sponsoring the WTA all of 2012. Second, their contract is expiring anyway, so this hardly comes as a surprise, especially since they already stopped title sponsoring. Just like when Mercedes drew from the ATP and Virginia Slims and Sanex and whoever else used to sponsor the WTA, this is completely expected and new sponsors are the normal cycle :shrug:. I'm sure Stacey is already looking for a new sponsor, but worst case scenario is that the new one is Peak or some other Chinese/Middle Eastern company.

pedropt
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:30 PM
It hasn't been SEWTA for 1 or 2 years

I'm pretty sure it will be SEWTA forever, atleast in NA-MUG's useless threads head :lol:

Mistress of Evil
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:33 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Mr.Sharapova
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:35 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

Mary Cherry.
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:35 PM
Ruined it :o

Break My Rapture
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:37 PM
Yep.

Soliloque
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:38 PM
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: :eek:

Ignore him

Super Dave
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:43 PM

:o :o

TheHangover
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:44 PM
am i the only one not :eek:ing?
SonyEricsson is becoming irrilevant in the mobile phones market, do they have at least a smart phone? I can't understand why since sony is an electronics giant, but apple and samsung are monopolizing the market, let's hope we will have a SamsungWTATour or AppleWTATour

Pump-it-UP
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:45 PM
I heard the other day that this announcement was coming. Hardly surprising though anyway.

Kairi
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:45 PM
so now is it the PWTA (Perform Women's Tennis Association) :hysteric:

Wert.
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:48 PM
Eek! :eek:

bobito
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:49 PM
:shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

pov
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:52 PM
Don't know if it has been posted here before, but no more SEWTA in 2013:

Not a bombshell. There hasn't been SEWTA since 2010. That's why the WTA changed their site. SE was still a sponsor but not "co-presenter." And it was also announced then that SE would extend their sponsorship through 2012.

March 8, 2010
Sony Ericsson Extends Deal as WTA Lead Sponsor to 2012
By KEN BELSON

The Sony Ericsson WTA Tour said Monday that Sony Ericsson would remain the tour’s lead sponsor for two more years, the latest in a string of high-profile deals that suggest the market for sports sponsorships is thawing.

Sony Ericsson, one of the world’s largest cellphone makers, will pay about $27 million to remain the tour’s lead global sponsor, though not its title sponsor, through 2012. That is about 7 percent less on an annual basis than the roughly $14.5 million a year that the company is paying in its current six-year deal, which ends this year.

The WTA Tour sought a three-year agreement with Sony Ericsson ideally remaining as the title sponsor, but the company agreed only to a two-year extension as the main sponsor.

dsanders06
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:53 PM
A shame and very worrying for the WTA's future, but not exactly surprising.

Atleast this should hopefully finally shut up people like Terjw and Shvedbarilescu, who believe that scrubs getting random runs to Slam semifinals before sinking into obscurity or having embarrassments at #1 time and time again is a Good Thing, completely oblivious to the impact it's having on the commercial side of the sport.

NA-GOAT
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:57 PM
RIP SEWTA

but the world ends at the end of 2012 anyway so no really no difference :shrug:

matthias
Dec 23rd, 2011, 07:12 PM
Turkish Airlines will step in, and we will get even more annoying spot with Woz :o

Jane Lane
Dec 23rd, 2011, 07:18 PM
Turkish Airlines will step in, and we will get even more annoying spot with Woz :o

This honestly would not surprise me.

Potato
Dec 23rd, 2011, 07:28 PM
This was already announced last year. :shrug:

Viktymise
Dec 23rd, 2011, 08:08 PM
This is new information?

lol.
Dec 23rd, 2011, 08:12 PM

New WTA motto: "We are pushers' alliance, we are totally yours":hearts:

Excelscior
Dec 23rd, 2011, 08:13 PM
Saw this article on Tennis.com earlier, but bypassed it, cause this was announced in 2010, and this article just signals the last year of it in 2012.

cowsonice
Dec 23rd, 2011, 08:16 PM
I'm pretty sure it will be SEWTA forever, atleast in NA-MUG's useless threads head :lol:

:happy: THIS!!

GAGAlady
Dec 23rd, 2011, 08:42 PM
There are no stars on this tour . Nobody knows
Who these girls
Are... Sorry but from a business perspective this makes sense, once Venus and Serena are gone it's over

Jane Lane
Dec 23rd, 2011, 08:50 PM
Who these girls
Are... Sorry but from a business perspective this makes sense, once Venus and Serena are gone it's over

Considering it's the highest paying international sport for women, I highly doubt that.

sammy01
Dec 23rd, 2011, 08:51 PM
also if you look when the deal was signed in 2005, sharapova had just burst through and was the talk of womens sport and beyond. in 2005 the sport looked healthy with maria as the future star that was already here, serena was back, the belgians were back and there was a slew of exciting russians coming through.

they were all under 25, all had stories or were stars of tennis and certain players outside of tennis.

duhcity
Dec 23rd, 2011, 08:54 PM
As if the WTA tour is the center of the world.

Sony Ericsson is being bought out by Sony, which likely means the Sony Ericsson name is no more.

pav
Dec 23rd, 2011, 09:01 PM
Who these girls
Hell, you live in dreamsville,thinking everything depends on those two spoiled brats.

Melange
Dec 23rd, 2011, 09:01 PM
get them back as sponsor :yeah:

http://images2.tobaccodocuments.org/pollay_ads/w750r0/virg01.02.png?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.tobaccodocumen ts.org%2Fcgi%2Fjpeg.pl%3Ffn%3Dn%253A%252Ffilesets% 252Fpollay_ads%252Fvirg%252Fvirg01.02.jpg

Batemant
Dec 23rd, 2011, 09:09 PM
If the U.S. loses its superstars and thus the subsequent viewership/fanbase, where else will the money come from? I know tennis is popular worldwide, but if it loses its U.S. viewership, how severely would the tour be compromised? The USTA had better hope that Madison Keys or one of other young girls gets enough star/staying power to really draw the U.S. public back in.

JamieOwen3
Dec 23rd, 2011, 09:15 PM
well i was like :eek: when the wta tour ended their partnership sanex so :shrug:

:lol:

Bosco123
Dec 23rd, 2011, 09:16 PM
If the U.S. loses its superstars and thus the subsequent viewership/fanbase, where else will the money come from? I know tennis is popular worldwide, but if it loses its U.S. viewership, how severely would the tour be compromised? The USTA had better hope that Madison Keys or one of other young girls gets enough star/staying power to really draw the U.S. public back in.

hmmm, Sony Ericsson is not an American company, American tards think that the world revolves around America.

sfan
Dec 23rd, 2011, 09:17 PM
Maria is fading and the WTA with her :sad:

JamieOwen3
Dec 23rd, 2011, 09:23 PM
you seriously need to change your sig ^^^

sfan
Dec 23rd, 2011, 09:24 PM
I can't find the option to change it.

JamieOwen3
Dec 23rd, 2011, 09:24 PM
Maria is not fading, she made her first slams sf and f in 3 years this year and had a big chance of ending #1 before she injured her ankle. sit down with that fading BS :p

Jane Lane
Dec 23rd, 2011, 09:27 PM

1) The WTA is global. 2) Right because obviously the sold out crowds at IW, Miami and the USO every year show that tennis is dwindling in America. :rolleyes:

Excelscior
Dec 23rd, 2011, 09:29 PM

Hasn't it already been like this for years with the men (and when Venus and Serena are not playing)? :) :devil: :)

Trust me. It's something they're quite used to, and has had a lot of practice with.

ESPN 3 and tennis Channel just committed/signed a new agreement with the WTA for ESPN 3. I'm sure many of those matches will be shown on ESPN 2, or especially placed on ESPN if they felt an American were playing.

But in signing their new agreement, ESPN mentioned players like Wozniaki and Kvitova, instead of American's.

We'll see?

The US Open does very well, and keeps breaking attendance records by the way.

AjdeNate!
Dec 23rd, 2011, 09:36 PM
get them back as sponsor :yeah:

http://images2.tobaccodocuments.org/pollay_ads/w750r0/virg01.02.png?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww2.tobaccodocumen ts.org%2Fcgi%2Fjpeg.pl%3Ffn%3Dn%253A%252Ffilesets% 252Fpollay_ads%252Fvirg%252Fvirg01.02.jpg

Le sigh. The good ol' days. I loved that Chicago stop on the VS Tour and miss it so much!

Sammo
Dec 23rd, 2011, 09:44 PM
I hope the next sponsor isn't as ridicolous as Whirlpool. A brand of electrodomestics sponsoring Women's Tennis :hysteric:

Break My Rapture
Dec 23rd, 2011, 09:46 PM
I hope the next sponsor isn't as ridicolous as Whirlpool. A brand of electrodomestics sponsoring Women's Tennis :hysteric:
I liked that Whirlpool shot of the year thingy they always did, but they quit like midway 2009 or something. :o

sammy01
Dec 23rd, 2011, 09:56 PM
oh god just had a horrible flashback to that whirlpool poster. the one where all the players were sat round in white towels, like there was only 1 washing machine at a tournament and the players saved money by washing all their clothes in the same load. sob.

Jane Lane
Dec 23rd, 2011, 09:58 PM
oh god just had a horrible flashback to that whirlpool poster. the one where all the players were sat round in white towels, like there was only 1 washing machine at a tournament and the players saved money by washing all their clothes in the same load. sob.

:hysteric: Now they'd photoshop the Strong in Beautiful shots to them climbing out of dryers or some shit.

I can see it now - "What are little girls made of? They're made of cotton, polyester, nylon..."

Batemant
Dec 23rd, 2011, 10:02 PM
Fair enough, I'm a relatively new tennis fan (or at least new to message board particpant levels of fandom) so I completely admit a certain amount of ignorance.

Bosco123, I know Sony Ericsson isn't an American company and nowhere in my post did I indicated that I thought otherwise. Nonetheless, Sony Ericsson, like many companies, has a vested interest in its brand's viability in America. Sure, the degree to which so many global economic considerations revovle around America sucks, but that doesn't take away from the reality of the situation. Sony Ericsson has been struggling to maintain its share of the U.S. market and if they/Sony aren't reinvesting in the WTA, chances they don't think that association is the best means of aiding that process. I could have been more clear about this in my original post, but be careful who you slap the label American tard on.

As for American events, sold out crowds at events in the U.S. don't equate national popularity. Sure, tennis has a large die hard fanbase, but a lot of that was built by having American superstars. Americans do tend to be pretty America-centric, and if the U.S. fails to produce real ssuperstars in the next few years, I imagine that will negatively impact the sports' popularity in the U.S. I'd like to believe that this isn't necessarily the case, but I'm dubious about the likeliehood of this happening.

goat
Dec 23rd, 2011, 10:09 PM
We need one of them to fuck someone famous and put it on the interwebs or something.

Bluish
Dec 24th, 2011, 01:04 AM
Merry Christmas, Stacey!

longtin23
Dec 24th, 2011, 11:15 AM
As if the WTA tour is the center of the world.

Sony Ericsson is being bought out by Sony, which likely means the Sony Ericsson name is no more.

Yes, so will Sony sponsor WTA?? We all dont know...
But we can also expect some company in China... using Mandarin and Chinese Pinyin...

Singleniacki
Dec 24th, 2011, 11:25 AM
I wonder who will step up as WTA's new major sponsor?

I liked the Sony Ericsson-WTA partnership :sad:

njnetswill
Dec 24th, 2011, 11:38 AM
I'm eagerly anticipating the Sinopec or Dubai Ports WTA tour :inlove:

Keegan
Dec 24th, 2011, 11:43 AM
I'm eagerly anticipating the Sinopec or Dubai Ports WTA tour :inlove:

I'm hoping for Tampax :inlove::inlove::inlove:

http://admonkey.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/ad_298.jpg

terjw
Dec 24th, 2011, 12:02 PM
A shame and very worrying for the WTA's future, but not exactly surprising.

Atleast this should hopefully finally shut up people like Terjw and Shvedbarilescu, who believe that scrubs getting random runs to Slam semifinals before sinking into obscurity or having embarrassments at #1 time and time again is a Good Thing, completely oblivious to the impact it's having on the commercial side of the sport.

What on earth are you ranting on about now. It's normal for sponsors to change in every sport. :rolleyes: Or are you so dumb as to think the WTA won't get a new sponsor. You must be truly desperate to babble all that off-topic nonsense and insults. You should stick to YEC at Istanbul having no crowds and Kim not playing at all in 2004. :lol:

CrossCourt~Rally
Dec 24th, 2011, 12:15 PM
I heard Ringling Bros. will be the new sponsor.

:lol:

But seriously, this is quite shocking. Especialy considering the contract wasn't up till the end of 2012 :eek:

-NAJ-
Dec 24th, 2011, 02:58 PM
Dropped Call: WTA loses Sony Ericsson, and they won't be missed, says Peter Bodo

by Pete Bodo
Yesterday we had the news that the ATP has finally named a new chief executive, Brad Drewett. Today, we learn that Sony Ericsson is ending its tour sponsor relationship with the WTA at the end of the 2012 season. No great loss, I say, although the women may be up against it when they try to find a new tour sponsor.

The WTA has been jinxed ever since the end of its relationship with Viriginia Slims. Many of you will remember that the only problem with VS was the product — a cigarette produced by tobacco giant Philip Morris, whose makers aggressively pursued and recruited women who smoke. The anti-smoking crusade was just starting up when VS became the tour sponsor, and however you feel about the smoking aspect of this history, one thing is certain: the sponsorship worked.

We tend to forget now that at the time (the 1970s and '80) there was really no WTA. Virginia Slims not only sponsored the tour, it also created the entire extra-ITF women's tennis infrastructure. A fledgling WTA (the outfit was started in 1973 by Billie Jean King and her cohorts) never could have evolved into the institution it is today without the massive financial and organization backing provided by Virginia Slims. In fact, it almost went under when VS finally pulled out (was driven out) of the tennis sponsorship business.

As hard as it may be to imagine today, the sponsor and the client were a great fit for a variety of reasons starting with the quasi-feminist goal of linking up these independent, competent, highly trained female professionals named Billie Jean, Chris, Martina, Tracy et al with a product that had a similar, contemporary and liberated glow.

Virginia Slims was the brand for women who wanted to smoke, despite the lingering social taboo. It was also for women who wanted to assert their independence and rebel against old-fashioned notions and conventions regarding woman — like the notion that "proper" women didn't smoke. And, perhaps most interesting, VS targeted women who wanted to exercise those desires with something created specifically for women. The VS cigarette was slimmer, the marketing icon was not a cowboy (that was the brand's brother, Marlboro) but a flapper, with all that implied. Men did not smoke Virginia Slims. A woman who did was making a statement other than "I'm smoking my way to an early grave."

The entire thing worked, ghastly as it may seem. And I went into that history to make the point that Sony Ericsson accomplished nothing even remotely so successful. Nor have most tour sponsors, in all fairness to SE. Has anyone yet identified Sony Ericsson with tennis playing women, other than noting that Maria Sharapova is a paid shill for the brand's cell phones? I'm not sure any of the WTA women even use one of the company's products — unless they got it for free.

To me, and I assume to most of you, Sony Ericsson has been nothing more than this giant entity wallowing around in pro tennis, slapping its name on anything it could but for reasons nobody cared about, or didn't understand. Their staff was largely invisible, and not a single one of their suits or corpo-gals that I met ever gave the impression that knew, liked, or cared about tennis.

Anecdote: I was among a small group of reporters who met with SE staff two years ago at the Sony Ericsson Open (Miami), and quickly discovered that the purpose of the meeting was to introduce us to the new Xperia phone, which was — and is still being — billed as the world's first smart phone built for full-blown gaming. It was a very weird meeting. There was no product on hand. There were no tennis players involved, no real logical connection between the product and the pro tennis tour or any of its glamorpuss constituents.

I walked away astonished at how artless and half-assed the entire drill had been. What did those SE functionaries think, that we were going to run off and churn out breathless paens to the Xperia out of gratitude for SE's involvement in tennis? Or because we were slain by the idea of a phone for. . . full blown gaming!!!!! What did I look like, some Super Mario Brothers freak?

Anyway. SE did nothing I could see to move the ball forward for the WTA, and I'm assuming the WTA did nothing for SE — at least nothing that made the brand want to continue its investment in tennis. They appeared to learn nothing (not that they wanted to) and tennis appeared to benefit only at the bank teller's window. I guess SE's top salesmen and execs had great seats for Sharapova matches (she's an endorser) in Miami and elsewhere, and were invited to get sloshed in the corporate villages.

But in all fairness, that's business as usual in the marketing game. Perhaps Sony Ericsson could claim a win on the bottom line somewhere in bean-counter land, and that's about as good as it gets. Most companies fail to creates conspicuously successful, logical commercial relationships with the tour. Remember Sanex? How about Toyota? Two that fared better were Avon and Colgate, both back in the day (late '70s and early '80s).

Over the years, the growth of the WTA has greatly diminished the pool of potential tour sponsors, for only a multi-national company, or one whose products is commonly available in most of the world, gets the full benefit of tour sponsorship. The WTA has a full year to beat a new tour sponsor out of the bushes, but it's unlikely to be an easy job given the economic challenges of the global economy.

To borrow a famous line, Good-bye Sony-Ericsson, we hardly knew ye.

Londoner
Dec 24th, 2011, 05:47 PM
not surprised, cant think they are making money out of sponsoring a set of players barely anyone knows about. the wta really needs a new superstar and fast!

THIS THIS. THIS.

Many have been saying it for ages and got shot down for saying it. But it's the truth plain and simple.

Im not surprised and wonder who will take the Tour on.

nfl46
Dec 24th, 2011, 05:50 PM
They are ending it because the Williams sisters are retiring within the next two years. Lol.

Outside of Maria, Williams sisters, no one knows the rest of the WTA players. Lol.

dsanders06
Dec 24th, 2011, 06:57 PM
What on earth are you ranting on about now. It's normal for sponsors to change in every sport. :rolleyes: Or are you so dumb as to think the WTA won't get a new sponsor. You must be truly desperate to babble all that off-topic nonsense and insults. You should stick to YEC at Istanbul having no crowds and Kim not playing at all in 2004. :lol:

They'll get a new sponsor, but you're crazy if you think it's going to be as lucrative for the WTA or as big a name as Sony Ericsson :lol:

#1SteffiGraf#1
Dec 24th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Just rename it The Williams sister tour.

Judging by this board, those are the only players anyone cares about.

JustPetko
Dec 24th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Maybe BNP Paribas? Or Durex? :oh:

PhilePhile
Dec 25th, 2011, 05:18 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a0/Ford_Motor_Company_Logo.svg/300px-Ford_Motor_Company_Logo.svg.pnghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/48/Mercedes-Benz_logo.svg/201px-Mercedes-Benz_logo.svg.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/8/80/HP_D_B_RGB_72_MX%2Bspace.png/200px-HP_D_B_RGB_72_MX%2Bspace.pnghttp://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/51/IBM_logo.svg/200px-IBM_logo.svg.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/ff/Procter_and_Gamble_Logo.svg/101px-Procter_and_Gamble_Logo.svg.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5f/Microsoft_wordmark.svg/385px-Microsoft_wordmark.svg.png

eck
Dec 25th, 2011, 05:21 AM
Didn't we hear this this time last year?

Adidas Dude
Dec 25th, 2011, 06:04 PM
Imagine if Richard Branson stepped up to the plate and it was renamed the Virgin WTA Tour. Close enough to the name Virginia Slims. Branson is a billionaire who makes money from his airlines, his music company and mobile phones. As part of their retirement package, each player can either choose to sign a recording contract or become a Virgin Air Stewardess. Has anyone heard Fransexa sing?

Sammo
Dec 25th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Virgin WTA tour? :lol:

http://net-storage.tccstatic.com/storage/itasportpress.it/img_notizie/thumb1/1254469994pennetta19.jpg

Betten
Dec 25th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Maybe BNP Paribas? Or Durex? :oh:

Cynthia B. Zimmerman will step up. Expect mohawk flooring to become mandatory on the WTA.

Moveyourfeet
Dec 25th, 2011, 08:54 PM
Cynthia B. Zimmerman will step up. Expect mohawk flooring to become mandatory on the WTA.

I wonder how laminate would be as a court surface...

sammy01
Dec 25th, 2011, 08:57 PM
I wonder how laminate would be as a court surface...

fast, very fast. anyone who has ever played on 'wood' will tell you how amazingly fast it is. i have played on indoor wood courts and they just skid through, perfect for serve and volley.

C. Drone
Dec 26th, 2011, 12:40 PM
oh, the doomsaying is on full force. :hearts:

there is difference between leading sponsor or title sponsor. WTA doesnt need a title sponsor anymore, better developing its own brand, alone.
I dont think replacing SE with another big sponsor (or maybe with 2-3) is too hard in their position. Even if its Peak, money is money. And 10-20m $ per year for global sponsorship isnt that much.