PDA

View Full Version : NEWS : Rezai gets french WC at the Australian Open 2012

MiiMo
Dec 22nd, 2011, 06:44 PM
Really Glad for her ! Hope she'll do well

NoppaNoppa
Dec 22nd, 2011, 06:49 PM
Huh? Thought she howered around 60 for ages. Apparently not. Yes, she should get one. French number three?

the jamierbelyea
Dec 22nd, 2011, 06:49 PM
Very happy for her, although I do wonder how far off she is from the cut-off to get in directly if there are any withdrawls.

She's been off since October and really hope she can find some happiness this off season, and come back refreshed in 2011.

I always look to this match to remember how good she can be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIysLAuJE5g

bIysLAuJE5g

the jamierbelyea
Dec 22nd, 2011, 06:51 PM
Huh? Thought she howered around 60 for ages. Apparently not. Yes, she should get one. French number three?

No. She's dropped outside the top 100, and is French #8

9. Marion Bartoli
74. Pauline Parmentier
77. Mathilde Johansson
83. Virginie Razzano
88. Alizé Cornet
95. Iryna Brémond
100. Stéphanie Foretz Gacon
115. Aravane Rezaï

NoppaNoppa
Dec 22nd, 2011, 07:01 PM
No. She's dropped outside the top 100, and is French #8

9. Marion Bartoli
74. Pauline Parmentier
77. Mathilde Johansson
83. Virginie Razzano
88. Alizé Cornet
95. Iryna Brémond
100. Stéphanie Foretz Gacon
115. Aravane Rezaï

Of that lot she is third best. No matter what current ranking is.

sammy01
Dec 22nd, 2011, 07:07 PM
good to see them give it to a young french prospect

the jamierbelyea
Dec 22nd, 2011, 07:10 PM

I'd rank her 2nd, with at her peak perhaps the best.

Stevecw
Dec 22nd, 2011, 07:12 PM
Good news, she had a very tough year and she came thru it. This is a nice reward for that.

Jorn
Dec 22nd, 2011, 07:20 PM
Caroline Garcia should have got it...even she lost against a none AOMD player today or Kiki M.

FFT just give it to highest rnk player not In :o

MarkNL
Dec 22nd, 2011, 07:24 PM
Aravane needs a comeback after last year, I hope the WC can help her with that :) Good luck Aravane in 2012 :cheer:

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 22nd, 2011, 07:26 PM
Garcia isn't even 1/10th the level of Rezai

simonsaystennis
Dec 22nd, 2011, 07:27 PM
Happy about this... I think Mladenovic and Garcia are better off trying to qualify.

Honestly, FFT should just hold a wildcard playoff like TA and USTA...

NoppaNoppa
Dec 22nd, 2011, 07:28 PM
I'd rank her 2nd, with at her peak perhaps the best.

On a second though. I agree. Not that far away from Mighty Marion...
Storms past lazy Razzano...

dsanders06
Dec 22nd, 2011, 07:28 PM

Who apart from Marion is better than her?

Really hope Rezai gets her shit together in 2012, she easily has the talent to be top 10 imo.

Lighter
Dec 22nd, 2011, 07:37 PM
Aravane, last week in south of France, close to spanish frontier : http://www.fft.fr/actualites/tennis-media/les-videos/aravane-rezai-revient-sur-sa-saison-2011

Losing Streak
Dec 22nd, 2011, 08:00 PM
Really happy for her. :D Good luck Aravane! :hearts:

Smitten
Dec 22nd, 2011, 08:32 PM
She easily has the talent to be top 10 imo.

Rezai will NEVER be consistent enough to be top 10.

All she has are some punishing groundstrokes, but even her FH lacks depth at times.

TS
Dec 22nd, 2011, 08:37 PM
Good choice. She is languishing, but we call know how good she can be.

Gosh at those French ranks :scared: I remember the days when the top 50 was full of Frenchies...

Setsuna.
Dec 22nd, 2011, 08:42 PM
Great news.

Smitten
Dec 22nd, 2011, 08:43 PM
Good choice. She is languishing, but we call know how good she can be.

Gosh at those French ranks :scared: I remember the days when the top 50 was full of Frenchies...

Sidot, Testud, Bagelie, Pierce, Dechy, Halard, Tauziat, Loit, Fusai.

You're right.

Tennisfan06
Dec 22nd, 2011, 09:31 PM
Aravane :cheer:

dsanders06
Dec 22nd, 2011, 11:05 PM
Rezai will NEVER be consistent enough to be top 10.

All she has are some punishing groundstrokes, but even her FH lacks depth at times.

I just think she's so scary when she's on :scared: Admittedly she has no serve to speak of and isn't a great mover either, but she has to hit one of the fastest-pace balls of anyone on the WTA. I also get the feeling she hits a beefier rally ball than someone like Cibulkova (who although can smack it when in position, really hits quite an innocuous rally ball).

I have to say if I was putting money on it I wouldn't necessarily pick her to go top 10, but I wouldn't be surprised to see her make the semis or maybe even the final at the Australian or French at some point (can't see her winning one though).

ExtremespeedX
Dec 22nd, 2011, 11:09 PM
What a waste, wild cards should go to promising youngsters, not washed up talentless clowns like Mugzai.

Dominika23
Dec 23rd, 2011, 12:18 AM
Happy for Rezai let start the year off big Rezai

the jamierbelyea
Dec 23rd, 2011, 12:30 AM
What a waste, wild cards should go to promising youngsters, not washed up talentless clowns like Mugzai.

At the age of 24 , this is clearly a spot on statement.

I think obviously Rezai's past success, and the fact that she seems physically healthy helped to earn her the WC. I mean they've given it to Stephanie Cohen-Aloro in the past so obviously age isn't a factor here.

I think what's hurt Garcia's chances is her finish to 2011 was nearly as bad if not worst then Aravane's. Of course Aravane made the finals in Dallas, but she finished with a string of losses. Garcia's finish to 2011 featured a similar string of losses with only a couple of wins against local players in challengers in France & Japan.

Mladenovic has been hovering around for awhile, and honestly of the FFT didn't give her the WC over journeywoman Cohen-Aloro while her stock was at it's peak, there really is no chance for her to get one over Rezai now.

Smitten
Dec 23rd, 2011, 08:24 AM
I just think she's so scary when she's on :scared: Admittedly she has no serve to speak of and isn't a great mover either, but she has to hit one of the fastest-pace balls of anyone on the WTA. I also get the feeling she hits a beefier rally ball than someone like Cibulkova (who although can smack it when in position, really hits quite an innocuous rally ball).

I have to say if I was putting money on it I wouldn't necessarily pick her to go top 10, but I wouldn't be surprised to see her make the semis or maybe even the final at the Australian or French at some point (can't see her winning one though).

Which only happens like three or four matches a year.

Rezai is too dumb to ever be good much like Lisicki.

JRena
Dec 23rd, 2011, 08:32 AM
I hope she has a new gold sequenced outfit to blind her opponents with.

Daniel
Dec 23rd, 2011, 09:46 AM
Hope she makes good use of this WC

Sombrerero loco
Dec 23rd, 2011, 10:20 AM
Who apart from Marion is better than her?

Really hope Rezai gets her shit together in 2012, she easily has the talent to be top 10 imo.

alize?...