PDA

View Full Version : Petra: "Serena's and Kim's comeback is very good news for tennis."

Petronius
Dec 22nd, 2011, 12:32 PM
From today's interview for a Czech newspaper after winning the Czech Athlete of the Year award (http://sport.idnes.cz/tenisova-kralovna-to-by-mi-vubec-nevadilo-priznava-kvitova-poy-/tenis.aspx?c=A111221_201557_tenis_ma)

Serena Williams and Kim Clijsters are coming back. Will you consider yourself the favorite to win these matches ?

Definitely not. It will be interesting to see how bookmakers will deal with this. But as for me, I will always consider a match with them as anybody's match. Or maybe it's them who will be bigger favorites to win it. It's very good for tennis that they are coming back. It will be more difficult to succeed. But if you want to be good, you can't be looking at others.

Sweet and humble as always, she definitely knows how to take pressure off her shoulders :lol:

Thoughts ?

mac47
Dec 22nd, 2011, 12:36 PM
Verbal respect is cheap. She has been coached well, for this is the same line Kotyza takes.

Can't wait to see some spankings delivered to these legends next year.

danieln1
Dec 22nd, 2011, 12:36 PM
Petra trashed an in-form Kimberly in Paris final, so she won´t have problems with her if she´s playing decent.

As for Serena... totally diferent story, it´s going to be a battle! She will have to serve really well and don´t brainfart one moment in the match, then she will have a great chance against Serena.

Johnbert
Dec 22nd, 2011, 12:46 PM
Petra trashed an in-form Kimberly in Paris final, so she won´t have problems with her if she´s playing decent.

thats why kimmie leads the h2h 2-1 and trashed kvitty 2 times in 2010... also, you really think this one match is meaningful? especially it was indoors...

Mistress of Evil
Dec 22nd, 2011, 12:49 PM
Queen Petra has spoken, bow down peasants!!!

danieln1
Dec 22nd, 2011, 12:50 PM
thats why kimmie leads the h2h 2-1 and trashed kvitty 2 times in 2010... also, you really think this one match is meaningful? especially it was indoors...

2010 Petra was a shadow of herself, so those matches are irrelavant.

Johnbert
Dec 22nd, 2011, 12:57 PM
2010 Petra was a shadow of herself, so those matches are irrelavant.

you know pipi langstrumpf? always the same excuses. another example: petko won 4 of there last 5 matches, but for chihuahua-tards it's irrelevant cause kvitova had her "after-wimby-slump" :zzz:

borrowedheaven
Dec 22nd, 2011, 12:59 PM

Standard talk from you. Like Kim played a great match in Paris. If anything, I think Clijsters will be a match up Petra doesn't like.

But I'm really looking forward to see Petra play against these two in some big matches!

Vikapower
Dec 22nd, 2011, 01:18 PM

As @Danieln1 told you these 2010 matches are irrelevant considering that Petra's form had nothing to do like in 2011... this is common sense, basic, at comparing what is comparable.

This match was meaningful because in case you didn't realize, this was Petra's first Premier final, it was against the world #1 and 4 times GS champion, it was also after very complicated couple first rounds (saved 1 MP against Zakhopalova) and she overcame all the stubs.

If you consider this tournament to be meaningless then I'm really intrigued by you on Julia's Stuttgart whom to recall to you has had a close or very close pathway as Kvitova in GDF Suez... if one is irrelevant then the other is too, you support... I'm not completely certain what you said there makes any kind of sense.

Bosco123
Dec 22nd, 2011, 01:29 PM
As @Danieln1 told you these 2010 matches are irrelevant considering that Petra's form had nothing to do like in 2011... this is common sense, basic, at comparing what is comparable.

it was against the world #1 and 4 times GS champion,

Kim was number 2 when they played their match.

Londoner
Dec 22nd, 2011, 01:30 PM
They're not back yet.

Until they're physically on court you can't count on either.

Johnbert
Dec 22nd, 2011, 01:32 PM

This match was meaningful because in case you didn't realize, this was Petra's first Premier final, it was against the world #1 and 4 times GS champion, it was also after very complicated couple first rounds (saved 1 MP against Zakhopalova) and she overcame all the stubs.

If you consider this tournament to be meaningless then I'm really intrigued by you on Julia's Stuttgart whom to recall to you has had a close or very close pathway as Kvitova in GDF Suez... if one is irrelevant then the other is too, you support... I'm not completely certain what you said there makes any kind of sense.

he said "so she won´t have problems with her if she´s playing decent." and that's just bs :help: every match is different. i wouldn't be surprised if kvitova loses the next match against kim also if she plays a good match. this matchup isn't a fixed deal. it would be the same if i would say "julia trashed woz at stuttgart so she won´t have problems with her if she´s playing decent".

maybe i used the wrong english word with "meaningful". i want to say the german word "aussagekräftig" :angel:

sammy01
Dec 22nd, 2011, 01:39 PM
does anyone ever take what @danieln1 says about kim seriously. his bias against her couldn't let him form a worthwhile post concerning her if he tried. bless.

Vikapower
Dec 22nd, 2011, 01:44 PM
he said "so she won´t have problems with her if she´s playing decent." and that's just bs :help: every match is different. i wouldn't be surprised if kvitova loses the next match against kim also if she plays a good match. this matchup isn't a fixed deal. it would be the same if i would say "julia trashed woz at stuttgart so she won´t have problems with her if she´s playing decent".

maybe i used the wrong english word with "meaningful". i want to say the german word "aussagekräftig" :angel:

:lol: Ok, fair enough. You shouldn't anyways consider like Kimmie has been playing her best ever tennis in her comeback... most of the times she's really played sub-par to mediocre and this even in the majors she won. (see US 2010 for example)

In that context above, Petra in a decent form would indeed trash Kimmie just like Paris and just like a predecessor in Petrova did in AO last year etc... I doubt Kimmie will be playing in 2012 the level she played in 2011 so yes, the matches will perhaps be different.

marineblue
Dec 22nd, 2011, 01:45 PM

As for Serena... totally diferent story, it´s going to be a battle! She will have to serve really well and don´t brainfart one moment in the match, then she will have a great chance against Serena.

Nope, she was far from being in-form. She had a foot injury in Paris. Just saying...

Vikapower
Dec 22nd, 2011, 01:45 PM

Yes in rank when she entered the tournament but when she made the final she was the virtual #1. :) :lol: Anyways, I'm not sure that changed much in Petra's mind in the moment, she was facing a heavy task in the final she made look easy.

StoneRose
Dec 22nd, 2011, 01:49 PM
Petra's right, she will lose most of those matches if Kim and Serena are in good form.

tennisbum79
Dec 22nd, 2011, 01:59 PM
They're not back yet.

Until they're physically on court you can't count on either.
I am with you.

With these veteran players, anything can happen... health-wise.

danieln1
Dec 22nd, 2011, 02:35 PM
Yes in rank when she entered the tournament but when she made the final she was the virtual #1. :) :lol: Anyways, I'm not sure that changed much in Petra's mind in the moment, she was facing a heavy task in the final she made look easy.

Exactly.

She didn´t let anything overwhelm her, and she played very good in that final. If she plays like this the next time these 2 face each other, whatever the surface, Petra will have a very good chance of winning again.

Novichok
Dec 22nd, 2011, 02:45 PM
you know pipi langstrumpf? always the same excuses. another example: petko won 4 of there last 5 matches, but for chihuahua-tards it's irrelevant cause kvitova had her "after-wimby-slump" :zzz:

:worship::worship::worship:

Excelscior
Dec 22nd, 2011, 02:53 PM

Mmmhhh.

This is too funny.

Stay Pressed, wishful and obstinate.

I love how you seem to always conveniently forget , HOW DID PETKO DO WHEN IT REALLY COUNTED IN A FINAL THIS YEAR AGAINST PETRA (since you love bringing up the last 4 out of 5 matches between them)???

SHE GOT SMOKED at Brisbane 6-1 6-3 in 70 minutes. :sad: :eek: :sad:

I'll take that, in exchange for her two Post Wimby losses to Petko any day. I'm sure Petra's not losing sleep over it either.

And what in the world does that have to do with Petra beating Kim Clijsters (or that's just another reason/excuse to bring up Petko/Petra during the US Open summer season) anyway? OK. Enjoy it if you wish. Post it on your bedroom wall, even!

You should be more concerned if/how Petko is going to duplicate her 2011 in 2012, than rehashing and cherry picking her 2011 matches with Kvitova.

But I'm sure you feel Petko is going to do splendidly better in 2012, but simultaneously, the younger, more talented Kvitova is not supposed to improve at all, or slump?

Yes. Too funny. SMH

Excelscior
Dec 22nd, 2011, 03:02 PM

Yes. Kim was officially #2 when they played their match.

But she was already #1 by making the quarterfinals of the event. She was just waiting for the official release by the WTA the following Monday.

So she was the presumptive #1 when they played each other. That is true.

Brad[le]y.
Dec 22nd, 2011, 03:04 PM

:spit:

Veesus
Dec 22nd, 2011, 03:07 PM
I will snatch this little trick's lace front my damn self if need be.

Excelscior
Dec 22nd, 2011, 03:09 PM
My take on this, based off of previous Petra interviews is, she's respectful, but she also looks forward to the challenge.

The fact that Petra is referencing odds makers and calling the matches even (or slightly in their favor), etc., is her looking forward to the Challenge, in a balanced fashion.

Through out 2011, Petra would never even acknowledge that she was good. Lol

Obviously, she's starting to accept her role, or realizes that she is good. And if so, she's going to have to face her challengers (even legends and future hall of famers).

I also think she likes the challenge of facing Serena and Kim, after playing so well against the top 10 this year. Why not? Plus, she was asked the question. What else is she supposed to do and say? Lol Just take it for what it is (an obligatory question), with the new upcoming season on the horizon?

We'll see?

iPatty
Dec 22nd, 2011, 03:35 PM
Mmmhhh.

This is too funny.

I love how you seem to always conveniently forget , HOW DID PETKO DO WHEN IT REALLY COUNTED IN A FINAL THIS YEAR AGAINST PETRA (since you love bringing up the last 4 out of 5 matches between them)???

I'll take that, in exchange for her two Post Wimby losses to Petko any day. I'm sure Petra's not losing sleep over it either.

And what in the world does that have to do with Petra beating Kim Clijsters (or that's just another reason/excuse to bring up Petko/Petra during the US Open summer season) anyway? OK. Enjoy it if you wish. Post it on your bedroom wall, even!

You should be more concerned if/how Petko is going to duplicate her 2011 in 2012, than rehashing and cherry picking her 2011 matches with Kvitova.

But I'm sure you feel Petko is going to do splendidly better in 2012, but simultaneously, the younger, more talented Kvitova is not supposed to improve at all, or slump?

Yes. Too funny. SMH

Seriously, do us all a favor and shut up. I bet you couldn't find one person who enjoys your rants. You give Kvitova fans a bad rep.

Brad[le]y.
Dec 22nd, 2011, 03:37 PM
Mmmhhh.

This is too funny.

Yes. Too funny. SMH

yes, but clearly you are..

Dominic
Dec 22nd, 2011, 03:39 PM
Wow! Sherlock Holmes, you have a rival!

pedropt
Dec 22nd, 2011, 03:44 PM
does anyone ever take what @danieln1 says about kim seriously. his bias against her couldn't let him form a worthwhile post concerning her if he tried. bless.

This.

Kim was never in-form during 2011 :lol:

BikezAreForever!
Dec 22nd, 2011, 04:22 PM
Petko did not win 'there' (as you put it) last 4 matches, you have selective memory somehow omitting that their h2h is 3-4. You talk nonsense, Pipi Langstrumpf alias Johnbert.

BikezAreForever!
Dec 22nd, 2011, 04:38 PM
Nope, she was far from being in-form. She had a foot injury in Paris. Just saying...
...nonsense again. She had no foot injury, she injured her foot after final in Paris.
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/13022011/58/kvitova-downs-clijsters-paris-final.html

Talking about not in-form, she just won a GS and was on, like 18-1 for the season. No, she was not at her best at Paris final, but certainly not 'far from being in-form' :confused:. Well, you certainly do not let the facts in way of your posts. :wavey:

Excelscior
Dec 22nd, 2011, 04:43 PM
Seriously, do us all a favor and shut up. I bet you couldn't find one person who enjoys your rants. You give Kvitova fans a bad rep.

But you took the time to read and respond to it? :scratch: :confused: :scratch:

Mmmhhh. OK? SMH.

Not that serious though.

Relax! Was just having fun and pointing out some pertinent information with the poster (the caps), who repeatedly dregs up the same subject, when someone praises Kvitova.

No biggie/not much there.

You should do and feel the same.