PDA

View Full Version : Pervak changed nationalities

nevetssllim
Dec 22nd, 2011, 11:52 AM
Sorry if this has just completely passed me by and everyone else knows about it but I was looking at the WTA rankings and Pervak now has 'KAZ' next to her name and she's altered her first name from 'Ksenia' from 'Xeniya'. When did this happen? There isn't anything in her cheering thread about it.

And why did she change? Was she not getting enough help from her federation?

iPatty
Dec 22nd, 2011, 11:55 AM
Same thing on ITF. Russia loses another one. :lol:

chingching
Dec 22nd, 2011, 11:55 AM
Not another one. Kazakhstan should not be allowed to buy players!!! Soon the Vatican will start!

Bluish
Dec 22nd, 2011, 12:03 PM
Everybody missed this one :lol:

Julian.
Dec 22nd, 2011, 12:04 PM
Noooo :sobbing:

Why does she have to change her first name as well though? :sobbing: I like Ksenia better. Should I change my sig then? :lol:

chingching
Dec 22nd, 2011, 12:06 PM
I understand why she might do it for the money (even though she has enough to live very comfortably and she's developing) and I understand that she wants to play in the olympics next year but why did she change her name?

Mynarco
Dec 22nd, 2011, 12:07 PM
Xeniya..that sounds like the name of some characters in Japanese RPG game like Dragon Quest or something

bavaria86
Dec 22nd, 2011, 12:13 PM
They obviously have too much money:lol:

Julian.
Dec 22nd, 2011, 12:14 PM
Ksenia hasn't changed her name at her official Facebook account though :lol: nor has she announced her nationality change.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ksenia-Pervak/137500009669209

Fantasy Hero
Dec 22nd, 2011, 12:23 PM
Xeniya or...

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_luh3k7hjsA1r017f2.gif

:lol:

anw odd news, but i can see why she did it :)

Caipirinha Guy
Dec 22nd, 2011, 12:24 PM
Xeniya :lol::haha::spit::hug:

Sergius
Dec 22nd, 2011, 12:25 PM
They obviously have too much money:lol:

She has done it not for money, but for the Olympics, I believe. She comes from a very wealthy family, besides that she is a top 50 player.
Also IIRC she said that she would change the nationality because she might not get a chance to play at the Olympics.

Mistress of Evil
Dec 22nd, 2011, 12:30 PM
Tarpishchev's work, I bet. Anyway, she didn't stand of a chance of making the Olympics as a Russian so good for her. :shrug:

Steven.
Dec 22nd, 2011, 01:08 PM
Ksenia hasn't changed her name at her official Facebook account though :lol: nor has she announced her nationality change.

This post is off topic but you need to stop rotating different hot men for your dp and sig. I like casually scrolling through threads on TF, not suddenly stopping to eyefuck these celebrities/models/whoever they are. That's for another time of the day. :devil:

Julian.
Dec 22nd, 2011, 01:23 PM
This post is off topic but you need to stop rotating different hot men for your dp and sig. I like casually scrolling through threads on TF, not suddenly stopping to eyefuck these celebrities/models/whoever they are. That's for another time of the day. :devil:

:spit:

:haha:

Some snacks wouldn't hurt. :lol:

marineblue
Dec 22nd, 2011, 01:51 PM
Money involved. She's probably got a nice offer from the Kazachstan federation. Good for them. She has already won a title and is likely to improve in the future.

Ashi
Dec 22nd, 2011, 02:25 PM
But why change her name? :scratch: I'm stumped.

MarkNL
Dec 22nd, 2011, 02:33 PM
Xeniya? OMG :facepalm:

Setsuna.
Dec 22nd, 2011, 02:38 PM
One day the Kaz team will beat the Russian team in Fed Cup. Just wait until Shvedova & Pervak peak. :smoke:
And if Pova shows up, Voskoboeva will be waiting for her. :drool:

Ashi
Dec 22nd, 2011, 02:43 PM
Tarpishchev's work, I bet. :shrug:
How so?
He'll only choose the top 4 russians to play, so how is it his fault ?

flareon
Dec 22nd, 2011, 02:46 PM

:lol: Brilliant

Just Do It
Dec 22nd, 2011, 03:42 PM
I guess she wants to play at the Olympics ? And seriously, how much does Kazakhstan give them ? I heard Sesil gets 5000$ a month ? And is there some contract that says for how many years a player has to play under Kazakhstan flag ? What if a player like Ksenia for example earns big money on tour, would she be able to switch back to Russia ?

Sammo
Dec 22nd, 2011, 03:46 PM
Xeniya? I like it, reminds me of...

OUH3B1lPvYM

Jane Lane
Dec 22nd, 2011, 03:54 PM
Where exactly does Kazakhstan get all this money from? :lol: I'm curious.

kaoru-no-kimi
Dec 22nd, 2011, 04:04 PM
But why change her name? :scratch: I'm stumped.

It's just a different romanisation of the same name (Ксения), and I guess Kazakhstan prefers to use the 'Xeniya' romanisation in their official documents, whereas Russia goes with 'Ksenia'. It's like all the different variations of Alexei/Aleksei/Aleksey etc. that you see - it's still the same name.

Caipirinha Guy
Dec 22nd, 2011, 04:04 PM
Could be even "Xenia Pyervak" if we are that correct. :)

Caipirinha Guy
Dec 22nd, 2011, 04:05 PM

Petroleum gas

bavaria86
Dec 22nd, 2011, 04:13 PM
kazakhstan has one of the biggest natural resources worldwide;)
they have more money they can spend:lol:
wikipedia....:lol:
Kazakhstan has the second largest uranium, chromium, lead, and zinc reserves, the third largest manganese reserves, the fifth largest copper reserves, and ranks in the top ten for coal, iron, and gold. It is also an exporter of diamonds. Perhaps most significant for economic development, Kazakhstan also currently has the 11th largest proven reserves of both oil and natural gas

Jane Lane
Dec 22nd, 2011, 04:16 PM
kazakhstan has one of the biggest natural resources worldwide;)
they have more money they can spend:lol:
wikipedia....:lol:
Kazakhstan has the second largest uranium, chromium, lead, and zinc reserves, the third largest manganese reserves, the fifth largest copper reserves, and ranks in the top ten for coal, iron, and gold. It is also an exporter of diamonds. Perhaps most significant for economic development, Kazakhstan also currently has the 11th largest proven reserves of both oil and natural gas

:lol: Technically I meant the federation. :lol: They've never been this tennis powerhouse so you'd think the federation wouldn't have the resources to convince players to come there. And I mean when you think about it, Pervak, Shvedova and Voskoboeva aren't scrubs.

bavaria86
Dec 22nd, 2011, 04:18 PM
:lol: Technically I meant the federation. :lol: They've never been this tennis powerhouse so you'd think the federation wouldn't have the resources to convince players to come there. And I mean when you think about it, Pervak, Shvedova and Voskoboeva aren't scrubs.
Maybe president Nazarbayev likes tennis and he wants to bring kaz on the tennis map:shrug:
so he could give the federation the money:p

Caipirinha Guy
Dec 22nd, 2011, 04:24 PM
Yes, Nazarbayev is a big fan of tennis apparently. :)

Julian.
Dec 22nd, 2011, 04:26 PM
So Kazakhstan have bought Pervak, Shvedova, Voskoboeva, Karatantcheva, Golubev, Korolev.

Anyone else?

jrm
Dec 22nd, 2011, 04:27 PM
personally, if i like player, i don't care for what country is she playing :shrug:

yes, a big loss for Russia :p

jrm
Dec 22nd, 2011, 04:29 PM
Anyone else?

i believe Shukin as well

bbjpa
Dec 22nd, 2011, 04:33 PM
She doesn't change her name, it's just a latin transcription from russian to kazakh I guess.

She's still Ксения Первак :cheer:

Caipirinha Guy
Dec 22nd, 2011, 04:34 PM
Anna Danilina also, top50 junior player :)

NoppaNoppa
Dec 22nd, 2011, 04:36 PM
Kaisa Pervanen, you should join finnish tennis team! :lol:

Mana
Dec 22nd, 2011, 04:40 PM
This is shocking.

I also read last year that Ekaterina Ivanova is considering changing her nationality to Portuguese. Nothing as of yet though.

juki
Dec 22nd, 2011, 04:43 PM
I actually prefer the Xeniya romanisation of her name, it seems to be a more direct English translation of how it's pronounced.

So Kazakhstan have bought Pervak, Shvedova, Voskoboeva, Karatantcheva, Golubev, Korolev.

Anyone else?

Rumor is Putintseva has an offer, and I think Galina showing up to support her at the Orange Bowl gives credibility to that.

Phenomareva
Dec 22nd, 2011, 04:44 PM

Anyone else?

Well, they are negotiating with Putintseva as well:scared:. She was considering the offer.

JustPetko
Dec 22nd, 2011, 05:21 PM
Xeniya? :lol:

http://xena.sff.cz/pics/media/soundtracky/xwp1-front.jpg

Petkorazzi
Dec 22nd, 2011, 05:30 PM
It's definitely not because of money, because her dad is like a huge oil business oligarch. :happy:

Losing Streak
Dec 22nd, 2011, 05:38 PM
Yeah, money's definitely not a problem for her.

MarkNL
Dec 22nd, 2011, 05:39 PM
Small article from Tennis.com about Xeniya's nationality change:

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/ticker.aspx?articleid=15459&zoneid=6

ToopsTame
Dec 22nd, 2011, 05:44 PM
Question for the Slavic language speakers. Is her full first name Evgenia and she's called Ks/Xenia as a diminutive or is her name actually Ks/Xenia?

Losing Streak
Dec 22nd, 2011, 05:46 PM
No, Ksenia's a proper name as far as I know. A nickname for Evgeniya is Zhenya (for Ksenia it's Ksyusha). ;)

Meelis
Dec 22nd, 2011, 05:47 PM
Question for the Slavic language speakers. Is her full first name Evgenia and she's called Ks/Xenia as a diminutive or is her name actually Ks/Xenia?

Her name is Ксения (Kseniya, Xeniya, Ksenia, Kseniya, Ksenija or Xena)

Caipirinha Guy
Dec 22nd, 2011, 05:47 PM
Her name is Ksenia.
The diminutive from Evgenia is Zhenia/Zhenya

ToopsTame
Dec 22nd, 2011, 06:03 PM
No, Ksenia's a proper name as far as I know. A nickname for Evgeniya is Zhenya (for Ksenia it's Ksyusha). ;)

Her name is Ксения (Kseniya, Xeniya, Ksenia, Kseniya, Ksenija or Xena)

Her name is Ksenia.
The diminutive from Evgenia is Zhenia/Zhenya

Thank you :hearts:

Could you tell me how Ks/Xenia is pronounced? I've been pronouncing it like Zhenya until now.

Caipirinha Guy
Dec 22nd, 2011, 06:05 PM
K + S = Ks/x :lol:
Zhenia is pronounced like Jacques in French for example. :)

Holdsworth
Dec 22nd, 2011, 06:07 PM
Her father is very rich.. I think, the main reason is Olympic Games.

danieln1
Dec 22nd, 2011, 07:15 PM
Xenia was a villain in Goldeneye 007 :drool:

Martian KC
Dec 22nd, 2011, 07:19 PM
Ksenia!:kiss:

cowsonice
Dec 22nd, 2011, 07:43 PM
This might sound like a dumb question: Do you need to be a citizen of Kazakhstan to receive funding?

Smitten
Dec 22nd, 2011, 08:38 PM
She is so local.

Remix13
Dec 22nd, 2011, 08:44 PM

It reminds me my childhood, I loved this film and also the N64 video game, spent hours playing it with friends on split screen :lol:

Sammo
Dec 22nd, 2011, 08:54 PM

Quoting myself

Xeniya? I like it, reminds me of...

OUH3B1lPvYM

NoppaNoppa
Dec 22nd, 2011, 09:52 PM
Wait a second. After this Kazakhstans top players are: (http://www.wtatennis.com/page/RankingsNSingles/0,,12781~0~92,00.html)

39 Pervak, Xeniya
58 Voskoboeva, Galina
139 Karatantcheva, Sesil

Shvedova must be thrilled

iva_ds87
Dec 22nd, 2011, 10:44 PM
Hmm shouldn't a player have made him/herself available to play Davis/Fed Cup for 2 years prior to the Olympics?
If that's so, Ksenia might not be eligible to play.

King Halep
Dec 22nd, 2011, 10:54 PM
Hmm shouldn't a player have made him/herself available to play Davis/Fed Cup for 2 years prior to the Olympics?
If that's so, Ksenia might not be eligible to play.

That would make Sharapova ineligible :oh: so thats not the rule

danieln1
Dec 22nd, 2011, 11:32 PM
Quoting myself

:yeah:

Didn´t see this earlier, one of the best in the movie

*JR*
Dec 23rd, 2011, 02:50 AM
Good move, KAZ. Now you have more latitude not to renew Sneaky Sesil's contract after the 2012 season. :yeah:

Pops Maellard
Dec 23rd, 2011, 02:54 AM
All these Russians selling out to Kazakhstan...
http://i1087.photobucket.com/albums/j464/fashnuguess/07161781d9c1.gif

Queen Lena disapproves.

fifty-fifty
Dec 23rd, 2011, 02:56 AM
:facepalm:

Kəv.
Dec 23rd, 2011, 03:07 AM
Ksenia :sobbing:

Daena
Dec 23rd, 2011, 04:45 AM
Another gastarbeiter http://yoursmileys.ru/tsmile/disgust/t9404.gif

I hate these idiots from our federation.

iGOAT
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:31 AM
This is really strange :scratch:. For someone like Sesil the money is obviously a big help, but she's supposed to be loaded. And she's not that far from the Olympics at all. If she had a good first half of the year, she could have even made it, and with the potential she has showed (almost newcomer of the year) it seems like she'd easily be a lock for the Rio de Janeiro Olympics. To give up her citizenship is very strange :tape:. Her name makes sense though :shrug:. It's probably for the same reason as Puchkova and Dushevina that she thinks it would be pronounced better this way.

iGOAT
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:34 AM
Apparently Kazakhstan is trying to buy Putintseva too. And I heard of someone else, maybe it was Pironkova :confused:. Can't quite remember, but from one of those eastern European countries in the 50-100 range :shrug:. Do the players get to switch back at some point. Honestly, that would be really stupid if they can.

Kəv.
Dec 23rd, 2011, 05:39 AM
Apparently Kazakhstan is trying to buy Putintseva too. And I heard of someone else, maybe it was Pironkova :confused:. Can't quite remember, but from one of those eastern European countries in the 50-100 range :shrug:. Do the players get to switch back at some point. Honestly, that would be really stupid if they can.

Pironkova? :spit: Its amazing she only wins like 10 matches a year and still is ranked inside top 100.

Daena
Dec 23rd, 2011, 06:03 AM
Tarpishev speaking. That's just hilarious. Just read it.
http://www.sports.ru/tennis/133204771.html

Our bunch of stupid idiots of federation :facepalm: Drink some poison donkeys.
Poor translation, sorry.

Her father called me to say Pervak will play for another country's squad. Said Ksenia wants to go to Olympics, and she can't get into russian team. Also said Kazakhstan offered good conditions.

I don't understand this situation, Pervak can't go to Olympics (with Kazakhstani team), she already played for Russia. He also said about they give him some business there (in Kazakhstan). I think they made very unpatriotic move, because Pervaks are not so indigent to say they are short of something in Rusia.

tenn_ace
Dec 23rd, 2011, 03:37 PM
She decided to follow Shvedova, Voskoboyeva and start representing Khazakhstan. The official version is that she wants to play London Olympics, but she won't be albe as she represented Russia recently, so she'd have to wait until next one.

Julian.
Dec 23rd, 2011, 03:40 PM
Ksenia just announced it at her official Facebook account:

Ksenia Pervak: Hey guys, I wanted to let you know that I'm going playing for Kazakhstan from now on!!

Someone then asked why and she replied:

Because i want to play in the olympic games! It is a one in a life time opportunity!!

The Kaz
Dec 23rd, 2011, 03:45 PM
Another player bought by The Kaz :drool:

Foot's Fingers
Dec 23rd, 2011, 03:46 PM
Will repeat my post from another thread:

Today Russian Tennis Federation said that Pervak DIDNiT get theirs permission to play Fed Cup/Olympics for KAZ. Now she has the chance ONLY if she present docs that she was living/was staying in KAZ for abt 24 months..... More, it was added if all of sudden such docs would be found and presented, they will ask ITF to investigate it more carefully cos well-known fact that Ksenia was living in Russia+Berlin

Of cos she can still play as KAZ at WTA tour

Jane Lane
Dec 23rd, 2011, 03:47 PM
Will repeat my post from another thread:

Today Russian Tennis Federation said that Pervak DIDNiT get theirs permission to play Fed Cup/Olympics for KAZ. Now she has the chance ONLY if she present docs that she was leaving/was staying in KAZ for abt 24 months..... More, it was added if all of sudden such docs would be found and presented, they will ask ITF to investigate it more carefully cos well-known fact that Ksenia was leaving in Russia+Berlin

Of cos she can still play as KAZ at WTA tour

:eek: Dramz.

One of a kind
Dec 23rd, 2011, 04:01 PM
Sorry if this has just completely passed me by and everyone else knows about it but I was looking at the WTA rankings and Pervak now has 'KAZ' next to her name and she's altered her first name from 'Ksenia' from 'Xeniya'. When did this happen? There isn't anything in her cheering thread about it.

And why did she change? Was she not getting enough help from her federation?

I just asked her on facebook and she said that the reason is to play at the olympic games.

nevetssllim
Dec 23rd, 2011, 06:55 PM

Ksenia Pervak: Hey guys, I wanted to let you know that I'm going playing for Kazakhstan from now on!!

Because i want to play in the olympic games! It is a one in a life time opportunity!!

Err, what about 2016 and 2020? :confused: Or maybe Pervak thinks the world's gonna end in 2012.

One of a kind
Dec 23rd, 2011, 07:02 PM

@Julian the person that asked why is me.

Petkorazzi
Dec 23rd, 2011, 07:18 PM
Err, what about 2016 and 2020? :confused: Or maybe Pervak thinks the world's gonna end in 2012.
:shrug: 2016 is 5 years away. 2 years ago Safina and Szavay were healthy and look where they are now.

iva_ds87
Dec 23rd, 2011, 10:31 PM
That would make Sharapova ineligible :oh: so thats not the rule

That didn't came out the way I meant it.
I think the rule was you should made yourself available for Fed/Davis Cup for the Olympic year and the year before that, which in this case means 2011 and 2012.

Mattographer
Dec 23rd, 2011, 10:40 PM
She can't play for Kazakhstan for next year's Olympic Games :rolls:

What if she's #1 Russian player in 5 years time? :oh:

Losing Streak
Dec 23rd, 2011, 10:45 PM
All of this is quite weird... :unsure::tape:

King Halep
Dec 23rd, 2011, 10:48 PM
That didn't came out the way I meant it.
I think the rule was you should made yourself available for Fed/Davis Cup for the Olympic year and the year before that, which in this case means 2011 and 2012.

thought they just have to play once in the two year period. if everyone had to make themselves available for the whole two years, the competition would be much more interesting

Mynarco
Dec 23rd, 2011, 11:25 PM
so, after all the shenanigans she still can't play the Olympics :lol:?

iva_ds87
Dec 24th, 2011, 09:47 AM
thought they just have to play once in the two year period. if everyone had to make themselves available for the whole two years, the competition would be much more interesting

I think "make yourself available" actually means that you have to tell your team captain that you can and want to play for one tie in each of 2011 and 2012. You have to actually play just once in this period.

Anyway, I'm not sure, but if Ksenia did it now, she must be sure she'll be eligible.

Adidas Dude
Dec 25th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Good for Pervak. As long as it's not illegal or immoral, then I say go for it.

Lovely:)
Dec 25th, 2011, 06:17 PM

She said she might.

Tarpischev and Co say she can't, cause they're bitter bitches, but in fact she can. And I hope she will.

King Halep
Dec 25th, 2011, 06:26 PM
Tarpischev and Co dont really want her, but they are just acting like that in case a great talent like Putintseva wants to leave.

Patrick345
Dec 25th, 2011, 06:40 PM

Then Russia doesn´t have a top 20 player.

GrandMartha
Dec 25th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Then Russia doesn´t have a top 20 player.

:rolls:
Russia lost only useless players. I don't think they'd lose any sleep over that :oh:

Juanes
Dec 25th, 2011, 06:50 PM
funny... Kazakhstan steals lot of players :)

cn ireland
Dec 26th, 2011, 02:31 PM
In today's rankings her name has been changed back to Ksenia.

Julian.
Dec 26th, 2011, 03:04 PM
In today's rankings her name has been changed back to Ksenia.

What's with all the drama? :lol:

Scola
Dec 26th, 2011, 03:09 PM

And what's funny about it?:rolleyes:

Girl is good enough, worked hard to play there, but some people still make obstructions and keep ruining her dream. Nothing to laugh, seriously!

the jamierbelyea
Dec 26th, 2011, 03:49 PM
And what's funny about it?:rolleyes:

Girl is good enough, worked hard to play there, but some people still make obstructions and keep ruining her dream. Nothing to laugh, seriously!

For me the Olympics has always been about the idea for playing for your country, not for yourself. Of course if I was in her shoes, I don't know if I wouldn't make the same decision.

Petkorazzi
Dec 26th, 2011, 07:01 PM
For me the Olympics has always been about the idea for playing for your country, not for yourself. Of course if I was in her shoes, I don't know if I wouldn't make the same decision.
I think Fedcup is more about playing for your country, the Olympics has a different feel to it with the village and everything. Woudn't it be amazing for someone like Ksenia to be around the best sports people of the world? Plus the tennis tourney gives a bunch of ranking points too ;)

Israel
Dec 26th, 2011, 07:56 PM
I don't get it... What's the point of buying tennis players? It's not like we forgot they were actually Russian before.

GrandMartha
Dec 26th, 2011, 08:18 PM
I don't get it... What's the point of buying tennis players? It's not like we forgot they were actually Russian before.

to get their name on the tennis map maybe :shrug: but with the likes of Voskoboeva, Karatantcheva, Pervak... and some male players noone ever knows i don't think they'd ever make any noise :rolls:

Sammo
Dec 26th, 2011, 08:46 PM

http://www.iceposter.com/thumbs/G151536_b.jpg
Russian? How could you possibly forget Sesil?

jrm
Dec 26th, 2011, 10:10 PM
playing for Kazaks will make her first fiddle, something she would never achieve in Russia

Srodgers
Dec 27th, 2011, 01:05 AM
Good for her :yeah:

Hakapeszi
Dec 27th, 2011, 05:34 PM
It's not a new thing

see this article (http://kazan2013.com/media-department/news/ksenia-pervak-the-universaide-2013-why-not/) published on 11.08.2010

"Do you think its a good or a bad thing for a foreign national team? On the one hand they build their careers and on the other they play against us?

- Players leave. It’s hard to say whether it’s a good thing or a bad thing. By the way I personally think about playing for another national team. Though I’m not sure whether I take such a decision or not, so I won’t say what country I would like to represent.

- What could make you leave the Russian national team?

- It all depends on the Federation I decide to play for. It will depend on what they will offer to me: terms of accommodation, terms for training courses. So far it’s an idle talk. "