PDA

View Full Version : Czech League Final: Lucie Hradecka ends Kvitova's INDOOR streak 6:7(6) 7:6(5) 7:5

Caipirinha Guy
Dec 20th, 2011, 01:38 PM
:eek:

danieln1
Dec 20th, 2011, 01:39 PM
This is going to be fun

Petra :facepalm:

But Lucie on fire its hard to beat

Alwaysfan
Dec 20th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Petra :(

iPatty
Dec 20th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Hradecka is very dangerous indoors. :worship:

Hopefully Petra's team can still pull off the victory.

Petkorazzi
Dec 20th, 2011, 01:52 PM
:spit: Thank you Lucie :hearts:

I hope miss "unbeatable goat" gets a few more losses like this in Australia.

Emina.
Dec 20th, 2011, 01:57 PM
wow finally!!!!!!:woohoo:

well done Lucie :worship:

Shvedbarilescu
Dec 20th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Hradecka is very dangerous indoors. :worship:

This + In fairness it was not a tour level match, merely a league match which counts for only slightly more than an exhibition match.

Wert.
Dec 20th, 2011, 01:58 PM
:hah: another fail by that kvitova :haha:

Soliloque
Dec 20th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Is Hradecka the new GOAT now or what ?

Petronius
Dec 20th, 2011, 02:10 PM
Fantastic and fearless performance by Lucie. :worship:

Great serving, returning, cross-court winners, mentally strong. Even scored two backhand winners off Petra's lefty slice serve :eek: BTW, she is yet to play doubles in 90 minutes' time :lol:

Petra :smash: Looked a bit tired and rusty and far from top form. Excuse: She's after an intensive 2-week fitness training session and has been playing tennis for just one week. Unlike in Istanbul, Petra was extremely shy of going to the net. :help: I hope she will not become a baseliner with a goat lefty serve.

Notes:
- it was a very fast indoor court, i.e. Petra's favorite surface
- Petra could have won the match in two sets, but wasted a set point by an unforced error
- it was a completely even match overall and no difference in their rankings was visible

Anyway, nice encouraging win for Lucie and a good lesson for Petra ! :bounce:

King Halep
Dec 20th, 2011, 02:11 PM
This + In fairness it was not a tour level match, merely a league match which counts for only slightly more than an exhibition match.

let them celebrate if they are so pressed

Break My Rapture
Dec 20th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Hradecka can be scary as fuck.

V6e_qPgd8tY

I'd almost say she has tendencies to hit bigger than Kvitova, and indoors does to her what it does to Kvitova too probably.

DevilishAttitude
Dec 20th, 2011, 02:15 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE THIS IS AN EXHIBITION!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Why on earth people take these results seriously is a complete mystery. :tape:

King Halep
Dec 20th, 2011, 02:19 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE THIS IS AN EXHIBITION!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Why on earth people take these results seriously is a complete mystery. :tape:

because her barking is just really really annoying

Kworb
Dec 20th, 2011, 02:26 PM
Even though it wasn't on the WTA, congrats Lucie for finally saving the WTA!!! You came so close in the first round of Wimbledon 2009. Today you finish what you started. What a beautiful story of courage and determination.

King Halep
Dec 20th, 2011, 02:30 PM
Even though it wasn't on the WTA, congrats Lucie for finally saving the WTA!!! You came so close in the first round of Wimbledon 2009. Today you finish what you started. What a beautiful story of courage and determination.

:tears:

Jane Lane
Dec 20th, 2011, 02:36 PM

What happens to you when Kvitova and Ana play each other?

Kworb
Dec 20th, 2011, 02:39 PM
What happens to you when Kvitova and Ana play each other?
I root for Ana.

Tezuka.
Dec 20th, 2011, 02:41 PM
Love you Petra! Giving your friend a win & confindance is really a sweet thing. What a generous women.

Petkorazzi
Dec 20th, 2011, 02:55 PM
I root for Ana.
Someone should totally take this out of contest and put the quote in their signature. :rolls: :rolls: :rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

FORZA SARITA
Dec 20th, 2011, 02:59 PM
didn't know that Kvitty had so many haters :lol:

MiiMo
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:00 PM
Up and Downs as usual ! :)

BuTtErFrEnA
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:14 PM
Someone should totally take this out of contest and put the quote in their signature. :rolls: :rolls: :rolls: :rolls: :rolls:

:oh: ready and willing

Corswandt
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Hradecka can be scary as fuck.

I'd almost say she has tendencies to hit bigger than Kvitova

Hradecka is the most x-treme ballbasher in the women's game right now - by a considerable margin. She just lets it rip, completely unrestrained - a treat if you're into BIG hitting.

atominside
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:19 PM
Hradecka is the most x-treme ballbasher in the women's game right now - by a considerable margin. She just lets it rip, completely unrestrained - a treat if you're into BIG hitting.

no. its gajdosova.

RetroDonkey
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Hahaha!

Just wait... come January in the Australian heat, Petra will show you why not to take a Czech league game too seriously :P

Mind you, pretty damn good league to have around. Other than maybe a men's Spanish league, can't think of anywhere that small in the world where you could get that much talent together.

Mynarco
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:21 PM
haters gonna have a field day I reckon :haha:

madmax
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:33 PM
no surprise here - Lucie hits even bigger than supposed "biggest hitter of all time" and indoors can emphasize and reward her high risk game even more

GoofyDuck
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:41 PM
didn't know that Kvitty had so many haters :lol:

Someone's faves got beaten 1 time to many :oh:

Qalahari
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:50 PM
Lucie :eek: :yeah:
Kvitty :sad:

Excelscior
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Been reading the various post.

Some of you guys are hilarious.

I guess she was supposed to go undefeated in practice matches to? :confused: :eek: :confused:

Nice Exo Christmas Gift from Petra to Lucie.

And good to see the usual set of overreactions and characters.

Streak?

Some of you really think this is a WTA event? :haha: :tape: :haha:

Whoa K. :cuckoo: :scratch: :cuckoo:

And as far as who hit's harder. Lucie hits hard certainly. No doubt. But let's not get carried away from this match either. We'll see who hit's harder, when (mind you who wins), when Petra's inform and hitting cleanly during the season. I'm sure she's slowly working her way into form, and maybe was practicing other aspects of her game, as well.

But Congrats to the hard hitting Lucie!!

nevetssllim
Dec 20th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Given Hradecka has so many weapons (albeit with some glaring weaknesses in her game as well), I'm actually surprised she doesn't have that many top-20 wins.

MarkNL
Dec 20th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Wow Lucie :cheer: :worship:

Fighterpova
Dec 20th, 2011, 04:32 PM
:eek:
This is an exhibition, but still a big surprise :eek:
Kvitova was so good indoors this year so congrats to her too :yeah:

Lucie, bravo, fantastic win :yeah:

Caipirinha Guy
Dec 20th, 2011, 04:34 PM
I wouldn't say they treated it like an exhibition. This tournament really matters for Czech. It was played at Petra's home club. If she had treated it like an exhibition, why she bothered and played such three tough sets.

danieln1
Dec 20th, 2011, 04:43 PM
I root for Ana.

:bowdown:

Petronius
Dec 20th, 2011, 05:02 PM
I wouldn't say they treated it like an exhibition. This tournament really matters for Czech. It was played at Petra's home club. If she had treated it like an exhibition, why she bothered and played such three tough sets.

Very true. They smiled both before and after the match, but on the court they were fierce opponents.

SwingVolley93
Dec 20th, 2011, 05:02 PM
And they thought the Titanic was unsinkable...:scared:

Excelscior
Dec 20th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Very true. They smiled both before and after the match, but on the court they were fierce opponents.

Yeah. I get that; especially if you're a Czech fan.

But it doesn't take away from the fact (besides it not even being a real WTA event), that's it' s not even the start of the real WTA season. It's an Exo before the new season.

In other words, even if they both played hard, these tournaments are used as pre warm ups before the holiday's to help ease themselves into the tennis before the actual warm up tournaments in Australia. No matter how hard they play (if they did at all), their full games are not there, nor expected.

Essentially these matches are the warm ups before the warm ups. :) :devil: :)

PS: And for consistency's sake, I was one of the people arguing that these matches didn't matter, when Petra was whupping up on her first two opponents. No change.

Apoleb
Dec 20th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Does that mean I have more bandwagon options now? :unsure:

Craig.
Dec 20th, 2011, 05:32 PM
I root for Ana.

What's happened to you? :sad:

Juju Nostalgique
Dec 20th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Just an exo. Couldn't care less...

Nicolás89
Dec 20th, 2011, 05:35 PM
Been reading the various post.

Some of you guys are hilarious.

I guess she was supposed to go undefeated in practice matches to? :confused: :eek: :confused:

Nice Exo Christmas Gift from Petra to Lucie.

And good to see the usual set of overreactions and characters.

Streak?

Some of you really think this is a WTA event? :haha: :tape: :haha:

Whoa K. :cuckoo: :scratch: :cuckoo:

And as far as who hit's harder. Lucie hits hard certainly. No doubt. But let's not get carried away from this match either. We'll see who hit's harder, when (mind you who wins), when Petra's inform and hitting cleanly during the season. I'm sure she's slowly working her way into form, and maybe was practicing other aspects of her game, as well.

But Congrats to the hard hitting Lucie!!

Even for a borderline retarded is clear just by looking at the score that Kvitova took this match SERIOUSLY ENOUGH.

Break My Rapture
Dec 20th, 2011, 05:36 PM
I'm not joking when I say I was having trouble following her strokes when she played Wozniacki in Bombjing. :sobbing:

Mistress of Evil
Dec 20th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Lucie :drool:

doomsday
Dec 20th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Hradecka can be pretty scary when she is ON and that serve is really massive too :lol: and I think Kvitova took this match pretty seriously, Excelsior don't be mad and stop making excuses Kvitova can't win every tennis match.:rolleyes:

iPatty
Dec 20th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Kvitova and Safarova teamed up to defeat Benesova/Hradecka to clinch the title for their club. :yeah:

Patrick345
Dec 20th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Wozniacki fans proven correct again. After winning Wimbledon, YEC, Fed Cup and four other titles the success has finally caught up with Kvitova. She simply lacks the consistency of a great player. Her career is doomed. I say #1 and great MM results all year long. :banana::devil:

kiriosh.
Dec 20th, 2011, 05:46 PM
Hradecka, what a result! :hearts:
Im so proud of her! :cheer:

Stonerpova
Dec 20th, 2011, 06:01 PM

:rolls: you're a lot more tolerable now that Ivanovic isn't public enemy #1 for you

Sally Todd
Dec 20th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Kvitova and Safarova teamed up to defeat Benesova/Hradecka to clinch the title for their club. :yeah:

Good to see them playing doubles. I hope Lucie S. takes a page from Petra and has her best year in 2012.

Miss Amor
Dec 20th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Kvitova has some people so pressed that they are cheering for an exhibition loss? :spit:

Sally Todd
Dec 20th, 2011, 06:21 PM
Kvitova has some people so pressed that they are cheering for an exhibition loss? :spit:

Bullseye.
Though I love Kworb's "beautiful story of courage and determination." :lol:

Noctis
Dec 20th, 2011, 06:23 PM

I don't get this, Petra destroying wta :hysteric:

Petronius
Dec 20th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Fresh photo of Czech champions, Petra, her coach and Lucie Šafářová holding the Cup :worship:

Tomáš Berdych standing sixth from the left, Jiří Veselý (world #1 in juniors) fifth from the right

http://www.tenisovaextraliga.cz/images/tk_prostejov.jpg

Holdsworth
Dec 20th, 2011, 06:24 PM
:spit: Thank you Lucie :hearts:

I hope miss "unbeatable goat" gets a few more losses like this in Australia.
Don't envy, dude.. Petra is not guilty, that Dementieva couldn't win a slam:worship:

BuTtErFrEnA
Dec 20th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Even for a borderline retarded is clear just by looking at the score that Kvitova took this match SERIOUSLY ENOUGH.

i mean...exhos don't go to 7-6 3rd set when one player doesn't care right :unsure:

young_gunner913
Dec 20th, 2011, 06:33 PM
:spit: Way to go Lucie. :yeah:

mac47
Dec 20th, 2011, 06:58 PM
Petra has always had trouble with fellow Czechs. BZS took her to a third set breaker in Paris this year. Congrats to Lucie!

I love Hradecka's game. I'd like to see her go deep at Wimbledon this year with those monster groundstrokes.

Wish I could have seen this match between Hradecka and Kvitty. The poor ball must have been in serious pain from being thwacked like that!

Lunaris
Dec 20th, 2011, 07:07 PM
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PEOPLE THIS IS AN EXHIBITION!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Why on earth people take these results seriously is a complete mystery. :tape:It's not, your assumptions are incorrect. Anyway, Petra thinks they both played "quite well".

Excelscior
Dec 20th, 2011, 07:12 PM
i mean...exhos don't go to 7-6 3rd set when one player doesn't care right :unsure:

The real question is not whether or not they cared. They may have.

So what? It doesn't matter. Cause the answer is, this tournament was the pre warm up to the warm up (Hopman), before the warm up (Sydney) before The Australian Open.

Are we judging the ultimate form of these two players, based off a non WTA match, when Petra touches her racket again for the first time after a recent break and high mountain conditioning (not sure with Lucie)?

OK.

I guess it is Doooom for Petra (cue Alfred Hitchcock's Psycho music)!!! Lol :eek: :devil: :eek:

JRena
Dec 20th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Hradecka is the new savior to the WTA praise jesus!

Fucking Melvin.
Dec 20th, 2011, 07:21 PM
How can you say Petra wasn't interested or focused to win this, if she fought hard as the score suggests?
Lucie :oh: Losing to some middle class players just to defeat the stars of WTA http://www.writersdream.org/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/icon_trollface.png

Novichok
Dec 20th, 2011, 07:27 PM
Thank you Lucie!!!! :hearts:

tejmeglekvár
Dec 20th, 2011, 07:27 PM
I root for Ana.

do my eyes deceiving me? :sobbing:

wow, its like never happened before with others!

Jane Lane
Dec 20th, 2011, 07:31 PM
Oh my God who gives half a fuck?! Ya'll gotta calm yourselves.

Tezuka.
Dec 20th, 2011, 07:54 PM
She should retire for her fans.

evana
Dec 20th, 2011, 07:57 PM
:shrug:

King Halep
Dec 20th, 2011, 08:41 PM
How can you say Petra wasn't interested or focused to win this, if she fought hard as the score suggests?
Lucie :oh: Losing to some middle class players just to defeat the stars of WTA

who were you :hearts:

marineblue
Dec 20th, 2011, 08:42 PM
The Kvitty domination begins :lick:

Vikapower
Dec 20th, 2011, 09:04 PM
:spit: The haters... Petra, tight match, Hradecka is really a client... and her winning streak indoors is still active Sir Op.

So it should be counted as a regular tour match ?

Sammo
Dec 20th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Kvitova now:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lv7mnkJrbN1qb7jy6o1_500.gif

blumaroo
Dec 20th, 2011, 09:38 PM
I love Hradecka. That serve alone gives me an instant erection.
It's too bad she had a terrible second half of the year with ridiculous losses. She's basically Rezai with a serve, so she should be able to reach top 20 at least with some proper coaching and fitness training. Sprem isn't active anymore, Lucie would be a worthy replacement fave.

Petronius
Dec 20th, 2011, 10:24 PM
I love Hradecka. That serve alone gives me an instant erection.
It's too bad she had a terrible second half of the year with ridiculous losses. She's basically Rezai with a serve, so she should be able to reach top 20 at least with some proper coaching and fitness training. Sprem isn't active anymore, Lucie would be a worthy replacement fave.

I saw the match. Lucie's serving was world class and made Petra helpless numerous times. Anyone who wants to beat Petra, including Serena, has to serve extremely well, as Petra's second serve returns are brutal. Lucie used her opportunity and snatched a win in this roller-coaster match from a rusty Petra.

claypova
Dec 20th, 2011, 10:37 PM
DEAD @ everyone acting like this was an actual tour match :happy:

Excelscior
Dec 20th, 2011, 11:01 PM
I saw the match. Lucie's serving was world class and made Petra helpless numerous times. Anyone who wants to beat Petra, including Serena, has to serve extremely well, as Petra's second serve returns are brutal. Lucie used her opportunity and snatched a win in this roller-coaster match from a rusty Petra.

One thing I can tell you from watching Petra play is, the last thing that usually comes around for her, is her ROS (especially against one like Lucie's). Yeah. It's usually the absolute last thing. No joke! So I'm not surprised Lucie's serve looked so good. But I'm not so sure it would look that good against an inform or tour ready Petra.

Just my observation.

So that description makes sense, considering these were her first few matches back from the off season and recent high mountain fitness training.

But like I said, she's now doomed to ignominious One Slam Wonderhood and ITF Challenger Oblivion, cause of this result. :oh: :confused: :oh:

Novichok
Dec 20th, 2011, 11:30 PM
But like I said, she's now doomed to ignominious One Slam Wonderhood and ITF Challenger Oblivion, cause of this result. :oh: :confused: :oh:

:oh::confused::oh::confused::oh::confused: :oh::confused::oh::confused::oh::confused::oh:

BikezAreForever!
Dec 20th, 2011, 11:35 PM
Petra serve was crap, especially leftie serve to Lucie´s backhand was not effective. She just could not turn it as usual. Hradecka hit some beautiful ROS winners from there. PK made a lot of errors at the net and generally was not hitting very hard or spectalular. Well, she played with a new racket. Lets hope this is due to her starting the preparation, rather than problems with getting used to a new racket. She also had her arm treated and massaged. Again hoping new racket will work for her and not behind this.

Well done Hradecka, she beat Kerber 63 62 in previous rounds so she is in good form.

Excelscior
Dec 20th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Petra serve was crap, especially leftie serve to Lucie´s backhand was not effective. She just could not turn it as usual. Hradecka hit some beautiful ROS winners from there. PK made a lot of errors at the net and generally was not hitting very hard or spectalular. Well, she played with a new racket. Lets hope this is due to her starting the preparation, rather than problems with getting used to a new racket. She also had her arm treated and massaged. Again hoping new racket will work for her and not behind this.

Well done Hradecka, she beat Kerber 63 62 in previous rounds so she is in good form.

Thanks for the description Bikez.

That sounds like the usual, when she's playing her way into form/working on different aspects of her game, for something upcoming. Maybe it's the new racket as well (she did mention it before)? Shrugs.

And I guess she got the arm massage, cause she hadn't played in a month and a half?

OK. Nothing new here.

ExtremespeedX
Dec 21st, 2011, 12:18 AM
Kvitova should retire for her fans after this all-important exhibition match. She obviously tarnished her legacy forever.

mac47
Dec 21st, 2011, 01:28 AM
Why on earth would anyone even consider switching racquets after having a season like Petra did?

bobito
Dec 21st, 2011, 01:33 AM
Why on earth would anyone even consider switching racquets after having a season like Petra did?

Because she wants to get even better?

ExtremespeedX
Dec 21st, 2011, 01:34 AM

I hope it's not for money...Dullniacki was playing well with her moonball racquet...err excuse me Babolat - but now with Yonex, which is more for players with touch, her results have been going downhill - all for money :o

bobito
Dec 21st, 2011, 01:36 AM
I hope it's not for money...Dullniacki was playing well with her moonball racquet...err excuse me Babolat - but now with Yonex, which is more for players with touch, her results have been going downhill - all for money :o

It's unlikely anything to do with money since she's still using a Wilson, just a new one.

Cajka
Dec 21st, 2011, 02:15 AM
Hradečka is so underrated.

davidmario
Dec 21st, 2011, 02:31 AM
Hradečka is so underrated.
THIS.

where can i find all the extra-league results?

Excelscior
Dec 21st, 2011, 02:32 AM

Because Wilson came out with a new racket. And obviously, companies always want to promote their new products.

Petra's a paid endorser of Wilson, so you know she's going to do what she gotta do (be a huckster), for the new product. :oh: But I'm also certain, if she doesn't like the new racket she'll switch back and paint it to look like the new one. Lol

We'll see?

Though she mentioned, she was getting a feel for the new racket in a recent interview, I'm sure the performance that Bikez described, was more in line with Petra only playing her third match, since taking a month in a half off, than the new Racket (if she actually did switch, and not just paint it over in the first place). Lol

Petronius
Dec 21st, 2011, 09:56 AM
THIS.

where can i find all the extra-league results?

http://www.tenisovaextraliga.cz/?id1=1

If you click on a club match, the results of individual player matches will appear.

Linguae^
Dec 21st, 2011, 02:44 PM
1. An exhibiton.
2. Now look at trolls trying to diminish Petra's achievement.
3. Everything about that match: that score, that opponent, that event - means nothing.

Novichok
Dec 21st, 2011, 02:48 PM
1. An exhibiton.
2. Now look at trolls trying to diminish Petra's achievement.
3. Everything about that match: that score, that opponent, that event - means nothing.

No, it means something. ;)

pwayne
Dec 21st, 2011, 06:31 PM
Did Kvitova struggle against her fellow Czech players during 2011? I remember her barely getting by Zahlavova Strycova in Paris needing a 3rd set tiebreaker.

Sally Todd
Dec 21st, 2011, 06:47 PM
Did Kvitova struggle against her fellow Czech players during 2011? I remember her barely getting by Zahlavova Strycova in Paris needing a 3rd set tiebreaker.

She also lost to Zahlavova Strycova in the first round at Indian Wells.

bobito
Dec 21st, 2011, 06:50 PM

I remember her saying in a post match interview, might have been after the Paris match that you refer to, that she finds it hard playing against her friends and I think that includes most of the Czech and Slovakian girls.

Petronius
Dec 21st, 2011, 07:12 PM
I remember her saying in a post match interview, might have been after the Paris match that you refer to, that she finds it hard playing against her friends and I think that includes most of the Czech and Slovakian girls.

Very true. She repeated this yesterday. Also, they know each other's games extremely well.

Excelscior
Dec 21st, 2011, 07:35 PM
I can't believe you guys are still taking about, discussing this match seriously.

I also don't think the Czech/Slovakian thing, is a pronounced as it used to be earlier in the year.

Petra smoked both Dannie and Dommie later this year at Linz, after beating both ladies earlier in the year in tougher matches.

We'll see with the Czech girls next season?

But this match (her third back since vacation and high mountain training), I can't take seriously to use as a Czech player example or barometer. It's freaking Preseason! Lol

SMH

Sombrerero loco
Dec 21st, 2011, 09:12 PM
thanks lucie :worship: