PDA

View Full Version : A girl from my city hanged herself

Nimi
Nov 12th, 2002, 04:59 PM
She was 16, she left a letter saying that life sucked & there is nothing to live for.

She also wrote that her grades dropped, & her parents made her quit the scouts (where she was already a leader in some big group... Dont know the english word), & she fought with her friends.

Apperantly, alot of kids from my class knew her, a friend of mine was crying for hours.

When will this world stop being crap? :(:sad::sad:

mala18
Nov 12th, 2002, 05:32 PM
How selfish of her to do that.
I feel bad for her parents!:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Crazy Canuck
Nov 12th, 2002, 05:47 PM
Yes, sometimes stuff just is crap, huh?

Suicide is a touchy subject for me, as people very close to me (a best freind, and a couple relatives) have attempted it, and I personally thought about it years ago during my "darker" days.

I feel for the families and freinds of the victim, and the everyone in your community who this will touch :sad:

per4ever
Nov 12th, 2002, 06:03 PM
poor girl :sad:

it's probably the most selfish thing you can do..but I can imagine it's sometimes very hard for some people :)

Barrie_Dude
Nov 12th, 2002, 06:12 PM
Actually I can sympathize! When things are seemingly that bad, it can be a brand of hell. Some people just can't seem to bounce back.

Nimi
Nov 12th, 2002, 06:24 PM
I havent actually heard of her untill today, but some of my friends were so sad, that made me really sad too, almost like i knowed her :sad:

Josh
Nov 12th, 2002, 06:27 PM
Why is it "the most selfish thing you can do"? In the end everybody needs to live their lifes themselves, it's their life, they don't owe it to others to continue living in a way that they dont like and if suicide is the only way out for them it would be selfish of the others to expect them to keep living that life. Of course friends and family can offer help and support in finding a way out but in the end it's not their life.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend Nimi. At times like this, there seem to be no right words to be said....
Strength to you and all others.

irma
Nov 12th, 2002, 06:33 PM
sometimes life can be hell :sad:

I find that "how selfish" a little cruel, nobody does it for fun!

REDACE
Nov 12th, 2002, 06:36 PM
it's very said...
but i don't think that the girl is so poor, i think her family is poor.
the girl ruind their lifes...

Dahveed
Nov 12th, 2002, 07:02 PM
*sigh*

good post josh i agree.

gmt
Nov 12th, 2002, 08:18 PM
Difficult to be judgemental about suicide. I understand that sometimes, someone may feel that there is no way out and find it hard to keep the very taste of life.
But suicide is a gesture with tremendous, devastating effects. Even if I felt utmostly miserable, I don't think that I'd kill myself, because I know that it is about the worst thing, the most cruel, the most irreversible thing I could do to those who care for me. I don't blame those who do, but I don't feel the right to annihilate others' lives by blowing up my own.

BritneySpearsIsHot
Nov 12th, 2002, 08:33 PM
Agree with Josh, i don't blame my g/f for committing suicide, sometimes people (like myself) have got to take responsibility for the way loved ones feel, i will always blame myself, as for this girls family and friends, i cannot answer for them, i do not know the situation as such but she obviously felt unloved and un-needed.

Someone should have seen the signs, unfortunately we live in a self-centred world.

Nimi - 'When will this world stop being so crap' It won't, it is ruined, most people are too selfish to care, it's great people saying sorry on a board or even in life, but this girl will be forgotten and people will go back to complaining about there fave mag being out of stock or the price of fish!

It's a world where priorities are wrong

per4ever
Nov 12th, 2002, 08:52 PM
I agree with Josh and gmt :o

well if you consider it for yourself, it's not selfish. You decide what you want to do with your life, that's all. And you have the right to do that.

But what gmt said is so true. The consequences of a suicide are huge. Parents, friends will always have a feeling of failure...they did something wrong, they didn't help him/her when he/she was in need. They will never understand why he/she did it.. Especially for parents it's incredible hard imo.

Kiwi_Boy
Nov 12th, 2002, 09:18 PM
youth suicide is always sad,very sad.
a boy 15 hanged himself at a school here from the rugby post in the middle of the field,in the middle of the day.....he lived in my town. :sad:

TeNnIsFaN
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:02 PM
I am pretty touchy on this subject, and there was another thread like this about someone's principle killing himself and I didn't write in that one, but I guess I'll write in this one..

Well, suicide is a lot harder when you are in that position...You don't think about how selfsih you are. You just think about killing the pain on the inside, by hurting or harming the pain on the outside. And you only figure out that it doesn't help cure the awful and depressing feeling on the inside. It's just that some poeple(including me..:sad: ) would rather die than go through with their life...And it's really hard to try to keep yourself from hurting yourself. And most people who commit suicide have a depression disorder and half don't even know that, so they weren't able to be treated. And personaly, I dont think it's very selfish...It's your life, why do you have to live for other people when you aren't even happy you're living...All of this is just my opinion...

Nimi, i'm sorry about your friend...

BritneySpearsIsHot
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:05 PM
I agree Tennisfan :wavey:

Very well put, hope you are okay

sartrista7
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by per4ever
But what gmt said is so true. The consequences of a suicide are huge. Parents, friends will always have a feeling of failure...they did something wrong, they didn't help him/her when he/she was in need. They will never understand why he/she did it.. Especially for parents it's incredible hard imo.

Well... maybe they DID fail. Maybe they didn't help, maybe they did something wrong.

Dahveed
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by sartrista7

Well... maybe they DID fail. Maybe they didn't help, maybe they did something wrong.

Indeed. And also maybe it has nothing to do with the parents? There are some things parents can't be helpful for.

sartrista7
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Dahveed

Indeed. And also maybe it has nothing to do with the parents? There are some things parents can't be helpful for.

Any parent with any modicum of intelligence should understand how a suicidal person feels, and how irrational that thought process is. If they were genuinely powerless, they would know that.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 13th, 2002, 04:06 AM
I'm not sure exactly what you are getting at -

But when my freind almost ended up killing herself (she spend two days in coma) - the warning signs coming from her were everywhere.

But everyone ignored them. I did, our freinds did, her mother did - and it wasn't that people didn't care or didn't pay attention - but sometimes you only see what you want to see...

per4ever
Nov 13th, 2002, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by Dahveed

but they will always blame themselves, Dahveed..

and even if they did something wrong, don't you think they should get a chance to change things? When someone commit suicide, the parents and friends will have a feeling of guilt for the rest of their lives..

NoName
Nov 13th, 2002, 06:01 AM
She did NOT fight with her friends.
נימרוד...ועכשיו אני רצינית ולא באה סתם לעצבן אותך כי תאמין לי שאני לא במצב רוח...אבל אתה לא חושב שהכותרת של "ילדה מהעיר שלי..." זה קצת בוטה?..אם אתה יכול אני מבקשת שתשנה את זה.
תודה

i-girl
Nov 13th, 2002, 06:23 AM
I'm so sorry Nimi.

מתי זה קרה? לא קראתי על זה בעיתון. זה היה ממש היום? היא מבית הספר שלך? איזה דבר נורא. אחיה הקטן של מישהי שאני מכירה התאבד בגיל 13. 13. מי מתייאש מהחיים שלו בגיל 13??? אלוהים ישמור.
נו-ניימ, גם את מרעננה? את מכירה את הילדה?

Richie77
Nov 13th, 2002, 06:24 AM
It's very sad to hear... :sad:

I don't think debating whether or not her action was selfish, or worrying about if people will blame themselves for what she did, is worth doing. I find it sad that someone has died very young. It will never make sense.
When a child dies, the universe screams. :sad:

Caoimhe
Nov 13th, 2002, 12:00 PM
It's a terrible state of affairs altogether.
Poor girl, poor family, poor friends.
I'll just say a prayer for them all.

Nimi
Nov 13th, 2002, 12:22 PM
אוקיי, אם קראת את הפוסטים שלי אני בטוח שאת יודעת שאני מבין מה שאומרים לי. תלוי איך שמים את זה.
תסבירי לי מה מפריע לך ואני אשנה את הכותרת
ועוד משהו, תרגעי, זה לא כאילו אני איזה עיתונאי שיודע כל פרט.

I have more details now. Apperently her parents abused her mentally, they locked her in her room & made her study or something, & when her grades dropped slightly they made her quit the scouts. A day later she did it.
We spent half the day in school talking about it. So sad :sad:

BritneySpearsIsHot
Nov 13th, 2002, 12:36 PM
Anyone know hop the parents feel? Did they care about her? Or overprotect her?

Nimi
Nov 13th, 2002, 12:38 PM
They were WAY overprotective from what i heard.

BritneySpearsIsHot
Nov 13th, 2002, 12:42 PM
I guess she couldn't handle it :(

i-girl
Nov 13th, 2002, 12:45 PM
אם אתה כבר משנה את הכותרת (ולדעתי אין שום דבר מעליב בכותרת), אז תכתוב town
במקום סיטי, ואז אנשים גם יבינו שרעננה זה מקום קטן, שכולם מכירים את כולם, אז זה לא פלא שזה פגע קשה בכולם.

Kirt12255
Nov 13th, 2002, 01:05 PM
Hi there all :-) I hope you don't mind me posting this message.

First of all my name is Kirt and I'm Aussie.

That out of the way...I wen't through a pretty horid ideal and I wouldn't post this if it wasn't a story with an end. An end that will describe what suicidal people go though.

2 years ago I was almost stabbed to death. I was 24 and never thrown a punch in my life...ever, untill that night.

I was only stabbed twice...but the second wound went within 1/2 centimeter of my right lung.

I suffered PTSD for 6 months (Post Traumatic Disorder) and woke most nights in a sweat reliving the whole experience.

At these times you don't think of family or friends...you push them away.

It is only now i realise how selfish it is to try suicide..family tip-toe around you because they care.

I was put on Anti-Depresants for 3 months after the event...and tried suicide twice. I took myself off them 4 months later and havn't had a thought of it since and my life is better than ever now.

In these events you have to realise you are a survivor, not a victim. Unforntunately some don't get the chance to realise that and yes...my heart goes out to their families...because they are left with the agony.

Don't really know why I am posting this...but guess I could contribute.

Keep smiling :-)

Kirt :-)

BritneySpearsIsHot
Nov 13th, 2002, 01:11 PM
Welcome along Kirt

My g/f commited suicide and i have tried (and failed, d'oh) 7 times (although 5 were cries for help when i was with my g/f)

people will always have different views, basically if you are soooooooooo unhappy, you can't think about anyone else

It can be conceived as selfish, but it is down to how someone feels, only they have the right to end it

Nimi
Nov 13th, 2002, 01:34 PM
OMG David, why, what drags a person into taking his own life, i fail to understand :sad:

i-girl
Nov 13th, 2002, 01:42 PM
it's very good that you don't understand Nimi:) .
hi Kirt:wavey: . you're right, you did contribute. I'm glad you're better now:) .

BritneySpearsIsHot
Nov 13th, 2002, 01:45 PM
Nimi, when you are so low, you just get to a point where you 'feel' it's easier to die, i am more stronger for it now, i am stronger than anyone i have ever met

I hope no-one from here ever feels that low

Messenger
Nov 13th, 2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by Josh
Why is it "the most selfish thing you can do"? In the end everybody needs to live their lifes themselves, it's their life, they don't owe it to others to continue living in a way that they dont like and if suicide is the only way out for them it would be selfish of the others to expect them to keep living that life. Of course friends and family can offer help and support in finding a way out but in the end it's not their life.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend Nimi. At times like this, there seem to be no right words to be said....
Strength to you and all others.

I completely agree. Saying that suicide is selfish is a cruel thing to say.

King Aaron
Nov 13th, 2002, 02:23 PM
:sad: :sad: :sad:

She shoulda have talked to someone :sad:

NoName
Nov 13th, 2002, 03:00 PM
נתחיל אם זה שאני רגועה ושבאמת לא באתי עכשיו להעביר ביקרות או משהו זה פשוט מאוד צרם לי הצורה שכתבת את זה..זה הכל.
וכן הכרתי אותה..היא היתה חברה שלי.
ואני גם לא מאשימה אותך כי אני יודעת שיש המון שמועות...שאגב, אינן בהכרח מדויקות.

Nimi
Nov 13th, 2002, 03:02 PM
אוי. אני מצטער :sad:
אבל למה השם של הנושא הטריד אותך?

NoName
Nov 13th, 2002, 03:07 PM
זה פשוט בוטה כזה..

NoName
Nov 13th, 2002, 03:15 PM
טוב אל תשנה את זה..סורי זה פשוט היה לי קשה לבוא לכאן ולראות את זה ככה

Nimi
Nov 13th, 2002, 05:15 PM
אני מצטער :sad:
מאיפה את?

NoName
Nov 13th, 2002, 05:29 PM
מטרו

Nimi
Nov 13th, 2002, 05:29 PM
את מרעננה :eek:
עולם קטן
פחות או יותר

NoName
Nov 13th, 2002, 06:00 PM
חשבתי שהבנת כבר שאני מרעננה

Nimi
Nov 13th, 2002, 06:08 PM
לא הבנתי...
גם לי יש חברים מערים אחרות, לא יכולתי ממש לדעת.

TeNnIsFaN
Nov 13th, 2002, 08:35 PM
Was this girl diagnosed with any depression disorder or something? Was she noticable about being depressed or sad or did she just hide it?
I have also attempted suicide more than 5 times or so...And of course, have failed each time. I don't regret it either...Anyways, you just have to feel what a suicidal person is going through. It's fucking horrible sometimes, and I'm sure that's how she felt. And as for my parents, they know what I am going though. They figured out because I told one of my teachers who I am close to and she told my parents. They just don't understand....I went to a physcologist I think about 5 times and then I just refused to go anymore...I feel very akward around them. And the physcologist said the next time I go she was going to give me some medicine. She also said if I attempt suicide or cut myself she was going to put me in a mental hospital. That's why I stopped going...It scared the living hell out of me...
Maybe the girl felt the same way I am feeling now. My parents aren't overprective though..they just are kind of dumb about my whole situation...I hope her friends and family are alright though...:sad:

i-girl
Nov 14th, 2002, 08:33 AM
גם אני מצטערת. אני בטוחה שמאד לא קל לך עכשיו.

I'm sorry to hear that TF. maybe you should try to find a different physcologist? I know lots of people who go to one, and some of them take drugs, and it really seems to be helping. I understand your problem though, I'm not sure I'd be able to freely talk to a stranger like that too. I hope things get better for you.

Nimi
Nov 14th, 2002, 01:55 PM
TF :eek:

But from what ive seen of you, you look like such a happy person. & youre my age right, 14?
I just want to know, what went through your head when you tried such a horrible thing?

salima
Nov 14th, 2002, 04:34 PM
UN has for the second year running noted my home country to the best country to live in. The same country is the country in the world were most youg people take their own lives.
You can think about that, and do your own reflections. I dare not. Things I don`t want to remember is spooking in the shadows.
s

TeNnIsFaN
Nov 14th, 2002, 08:50 PM
Thanks i-girl...I don't know why...It would probably be the same thing if I went to any physcologist. It's not like that lady was awful, I just don't like talking to strangers about. And my mom goes in there with me when we go talk to the physcologist, and that even makes me feel akward. I wish they could just give me the medicine and then I wouldn't have to go there anymore, or have to talk about it anymore...They said that wont happen and that I would have to go weekly. Oh well...

Yes, I am 14...And everyone is so shocked about it that I am depressed. My parents still can't believe it...And Niminator, nobody would guess I am depressed...not even my best friends. And I can be happy sometimes, when I want to be I guess...The physcologist said I had Manic-Depression and it's really similar to Bipolar in my case...And I just have these really depressing mood swings...I don't know enough about it, I guess.
I don't really remember what was going through my head...I just remember that I was glad I was going to end my life and not have to deal with the pain ever again...Obviously that didn't work. But, I wasn't really thinking about anything when I did it. I'm trying to make everything bette on my own though...