PDA

View Full Version : If Venus needed a WC to the Olympics, would she get it?

CoryAnnAvants#1
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:01 AM
It seemed like a given that Venus would at least make it back into the top 60 by Roland Garros, but after her pulling out of Auckland, I'm not sure if her health problems will let her play enough matches to do that.

So if she can't make the cutoff, what happens? There are obviously enough US girls to field a team and the whole point of the WC's is to give them to players from nations who aren't represented in the games, but at the same time...we're talking about a former #1/multi-Grand Slam winner/multi-Gold medalist. Not to mention that it will be on the Wimbledon courts where she's done most of her damage.

Bluish
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:04 AM
As long as she plays a tournament between now and then, she'll get one.

Excelscior
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:26 AM
@CoryAnnavants#1

I hope it doesn't come down to that. Cause if so; it's going to cause a lot of controversy and drama (either way). It would be tricky.

We'll see?

Yoncé
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:28 AM
Yes, she's a former gold medallist grassGOAT, they would have to give her one if she wanted it

Bonfire
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:32 AM
she better get it!

Nicolás89
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:36 AM
If Massu got one in 2008... :facepalm:

Venus will get one if she needs it. :)

Meelis
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:38 AM
Very likely, if there are not four other Americans qualifying directly.

the jamierbelyea
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:43 AM
It depends on who qualifies for the US in singles. If its as it stands and Serena/McHale/Mattek-Sands it provides a tough situation.

Falconi technically earned one via her win at the Pan Am Games. It's not guaranteed, but with certain parameters she's meant to receive one. So, I'd day it's a no in this case.

CrossCourt~Rally
Dec 20th, 2011, 04:05 AM
Yes, she's a former gold medallist grassGOAT, they would have to give her one if she wanted it

No doubt :bounce: