PDA

View Full Version : Hantuchova aims to return to Top 10 in 2012

lang26
Dec 19th, 2011, 09:30 PM
Daniela Hantuchova says that her goal in 2012 is to return to the Top 10. The former Top 5-player has yet to reach the final of a major and finished the 2011 season ranked No. 24. "Ten years ago, I would be in the best shape on the entire tour. These days, everybody is prepared like this so it changes completely," the 28-year-old Hantuchova told Channel Asia. "I think as far as the finesse of the game (is concerned), it was much nicer before because you could see longer rallies and was really about we had more brains and more touch, there was more variety to the game. Now it's about whoever hits it hard." :worship::worship::worship:

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=15431&zoneid=25

sammy01
Dec 19th, 2011, 09:34 PM
tbh as much as i don't rate dani the bottom end of the top 10 is pretty weak with bartoli, petkovic and aga. dani if she schedules right and gets some luck along the way could be where they are.

@danieln1
Dec 19th, 2011, 09:35 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/4kcg1z.gif~

lang26
Dec 19th, 2011, 09:38 PM
^ lol

Yoncé
Dec 19th, 2011, 09:51 PM
Well, she is winning Indian Wells.

Pops Maellard
Dec 19th, 2011, 09:53 PM
She's been there before, she can get there again. It'll take some draws and luck and stuff but stranger things would've happened.

duhcity
Dec 19th, 2011, 09:55 PM
You know, I feel like she came up a lot this year and had big wins, and she's still 24. Looking at it though, she had some rather atrocious losses. A broken Safina, 1r losses at slams against Kulikova and Parmentier? What? Those are some damn good draws, and she couldn't capitalize.

Holdsworth
Dec 19th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Unlikely :sad: I will happy if she returns to Top-20

Nicolas
Dec 19th, 2011, 10:01 PM
she's 28

Fighterpova
Dec 19th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Unlikely, but she has a chance.
She is one of the most talented players out there and has had a long and successful career.

She's been there before and I don't see why not again :shrug:

If she can be more consistent and stay injury free I can see her finishing close to the Top 10 next year :cheer:

Emina.
Dec 19th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Good luck Daniela:)

Soliloque
Dec 19th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Cynthia as a coach Danielle. That's your only chance.

cowsonice
Dec 19th, 2011, 10:18 PM
Feels like a stock answer to me :sad:

lang26
Dec 19th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Unlikely, but she has a chance.
She is one of the most talented players out there and has had a long and successful career.

She's been there before and I don't see why not again :shrug:

If she can be more consistent and stay injury free I can see her finishing close to the Top 10 next year :cheer:

Agree I Hope She Can make it back into the top ten again

lang26
Dec 19th, 2011, 10:21 PM
she's 28

i dont think age really factor in tennis nomore li na, Sam, and Schiavone playing great in their late ages

Nalby fan
Dec 19th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Feels like a stock answer to me :sad:

Yes this has been her stock answer for the last few years,just like she swears that her latest coach is the one who's going to help her make the crucial breakthrough. :rolleyes:

Like Holdsworth says,I'll be satisfied with a top 20 finish and anything better than that is a bonus.

dsanders06
You know, I feel like she came up a lot this year and had big wins, and she's still 24. Looking at it though, she had some rather atrocious losses. A broken Safina, 1r losses at slams against Kulikova and Parmentier? What? Those are some damn good draws, and she couldn't capitalize.

Yeah, a couple of months ago I was shocked to see her end the year ranked so low, because it felt like in the spring/summer she was playing at a top 10 sort of level ... then I looked at her full record on the WTA site and suddenly understood :lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if she has one last run to a Slam semifinal left in her (Wimbledon probably being the most likely), but I'd be shocked if she strung together the kind of consistent results which would get her back into the top 10 again.

Richie's
How many years is Daniela saying the same thing? OMG.
You don't even manage to enter Top 20 after 2008 Daniela, how you can talk about Top 10?

L'Enfant Sauvage
Dec 19th, 2011, 10:38 PM
I'd love to see this happen, if only for 1 week :sobbing: I think if she gets her shit together she can be a solid top 15 honestly, maybe get a few glimpses of top 10 again. It's just a shame she has so much working against her, not just age but still some mental setbacks. She's got the talent, but what else is new :shrug:

Jane Lane
Dec 19th, 2011, 11:37 PM
Only if Anotoxfa shows up to snatch wigs and take names.
http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad255/zevavavoom/mohawksealofapproval.png

Come on, somebody had to resurrect it.

faboozadoo15
Dec 19th, 2011, 11:51 PM
She was probably a few letdowns away from top 20 this year. It could happen.

faboozadoo15
Dec 19th, 2011, 11:52 PM
she's 28

Well, her game isn't very physical, and she's in good shape, has solid technique, etc.

ExtremespeedX
Dec 19th, 2011, 11:55 PM
She can do it :shrug:

JCTennisFan
Dec 20th, 2011, 12:32 AM
Ive never found her quite all that special to be honest. She moves too slow, doesnt have enough power, and is mentally frail. Not trying to be mean just stating my opinion on her current state.

dsanders06
Dec 20th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Ive never found her quite all that special to be honest. She moves too slow, doesnt have enough power, and is mentally frail. Not trying to be mean just stating my opinion on her current state.

Well, she was never going to be the dominant, multi-Slam champion that a few people here thought she could've been (though admittedly she hasn't reached the mythical levels of Dokic's GOATly "potential" among GM posters), but she probably had the ability to be a lower-top 10 mainstay for much of the past 10 years, so she's an underachiever to some extent.

Smitten
Dec 20th, 2011, 12:53 AM
What a joke.

I bet she loses to Vesnina, Kirilenko, or Cornet next year.

pav
Dec 20th, 2011, 01:07 AM
I don't know how many have seen the Tui billboards around our country.

@danieln1
Dec 20th, 2011, 01:14 AM
Ivanovic thinks she can win slams and be number 1 again

Falconi thinks she can be number 1

Venus thinks she can return to the top

Caro `s coach said she will win the Australian Open :oh:

So why Hantuchova cant be a top ten player after almost 4 years?

I was joking earlier, but its better to be optimistic than say "I'll just hover around top30 for the rest
of my career" :shrug:

Jane Lane
Dec 20th, 2011, 01:15 AM
Ivanovic thinks she can win slams and be number 1 again

Falconi thinks she can be number 1

Venus thinks she can return to the top

Caro `s coach said she will win the Australian Open :oh:

So why Hantuchova cant be a top ten player after almost 4 years?

I was joking earlier, but its better to say this than "I'll just hover around top30 for the rest of my career" :shrug:

Don't forget about Razzano thinking she can win Slams.

lang26
Dec 20th, 2011, 01:21 AM
Don't forget about Razzano thinking she can win Slams.

Don't forget Alexandra Stevenson as well she said she going be top ten soon

tennisforadults
Dec 20th, 2011, 01:59 AM
i dont think age really factor in tennis nomore li na, Sam, and Schiavone playing great in their late ages

I agree age is no longer a factor.

It's a great attitude to have, and "returning to top 10" is simply a goal to work towards. How meaningless would tennis be without setting goals?

That said, it always feels like Hantuchova can't seem to find the extra gear when she needs it, unless we are talking about Indian Wells.

Vincey!
Dec 20th, 2011, 02:01 AM
I don't think it's that delusional for Dani to put that as a goal for 2012 she's came back in the top 10 twice already in her career why not this time again? It's not that her game is gone right now, she just needs to find the good momentum and she can get back there quite easily. :shrug:

JCTennisFan
Dec 20th, 2011, 02:05 AM
I agree age is no longer a factor.

It's a great attitude to have, and "returning to top 10" is simply a goal to work towards. How meaningless would tennis be without setting goals?

That said, it always feels like Hantuchova can't seem to find the extra gear when she needs it, unless we are talking about Indian Wells.

I agree that age is less of an issue now for certain players. But those players are ones that have shown a steady improvement throughout the past few years... and Hantuchova hasnt really shown that. Unless she pulls a Nav and goes to the gym and gets super buff and fit (as much as a Hantuchova can get "buff") or get a mentality overhaul like Mauresmo 06 then her best chances and opportunites are behind her. Atleast she scalped Woz at the FO.

Alice
Dec 20th, 2011, 02:13 AM

This. Really boring player.

Alice
Dec 20th, 2011, 02:13 AM
What a joke.

I bet she loses to Vesnina, Kirilenko, or Cornet next year.

:haha:

Cornet will beat her in straight sets. Might even bagel her. :oh:

Bonfire
Dec 20th, 2011, 02:46 AM
she better be ready to fight for it with the likes of Serena, Venus and Kim for starters! I know alot of folks are saying WTA is dead but that top ten is looking mighty full when you factor in the so called "part-time players" getting back there as well.
I think Daniela has the talent to get back to the top ten but she will have to come up with something special:shrug:
good luck to her at the AO

mauresmofan
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:03 AM
Danielle Anatoxfa has spoken and let it be known that she's never lost a match. Her evil alter ego Daniela Hantuchova has taken over her life and all but ruined her playing career.

Sammo
Dec 20th, 2011, 02:00 PM
she's 28

That has nothing to do :shrug: However the fact that she's a mental midget should be a factor... :sobbing: But meh, she's crazy so she could become the next world number 1 :lol:

FerrerFan123
Dec 20th, 2011, 02:06 PM
And she certainly can. She has the ability, she has the game.

But injuries are really starting the ruin things for her.

FerrerFan123
Dec 20th, 2011, 02:06 PM
And she certainly can. She has the ability, she has the game.

But injuries are really starting the ruin things for her.

FORZA SARITA
Dec 20th, 2011, 02:23 PM
she had her best year in ages last year and didn't even make top20 :lol:

MiiMo
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Could you check my blog concerning WTA, the link is below, in my signature !

SVK
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:21 PM
She says exactly the same in the end of every single year...I want to return to TOP 20/10 etc etc...everybody want it probably, but the results are needed, not just the words;) And I am not saying she can´t, but she most probably won´t go back there, TOP 20 yes, but TOP 10? She is just too inconsistent for that right now.

Fucking Melvin.
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:29 PM
Claudio Pistolesi is a good coach :yeah: With the right motivations, great sacrifices and the experience she already has, Daniela can come back to her real level.
Even if I find ridicolous she says that now only the best hitter wins... Daniela has never been an example of a varied player :lol:

Mixal
Dec 20th, 2011, 04:37 PM
it was much nicer before because you could see longer rallies and was really about we had more brains and more touch, there was more variety to the game. Now it's about whoever hits it hard." :worship::worship::worship:

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=15431&zoneid=25

Lang, did you write this? I hope she's not implying that she ever had a brain? :confused:

Imperfect Angel
Dec 20th, 2011, 04:42 PM
Top 20 and a couple of MM titles will be a more realistic goal.:oh:

Alice
Dec 20th, 2011, 04:43 PM
No point of having a goal which is hard or impossible to achieve most likely to happen.

lang26
Dec 20th, 2011, 05:05 PM
Lang, did you write this? I hope she's not implying that she ever had a brain? :confused:

not at all that was all said by Hantuchova click on the link and read it ;)

Mixal
Dec 20th, 2011, 05:10 PM
I did, but that sentence doesn't make any sense to me.

Melange
Dec 20th, 2011, 07:48 PM
:hearts: Cindy is getting the suite ready

http://i42.tinypic.com/8x3s5w.png

Melange
Dec 20th, 2011, 07:49 PM
tbh as much as i don't rate dani the bottom end of the top 10 is pretty weak with bartoli, petkovic and aga. dani if she schedules right and gets some luck along the way could be where they are.

:drool: a couple of GS meetings with caroline. a lot of players can make top ten now, even Hantuchova

marineblue
Dec 20th, 2011, 07:52 PM
Don't see it happening. She's not one of the strongest girls on the tour and also, 28 is 28...

MiiMo
Dec 20th, 2011, 09:29 PM
I think she got the talent to do so, but will she have the attitude ?

Linguae^
Dec 20th, 2011, 10:23 PM
I don't see this coming, but she is always unpredictable.

FerrerFan123
Dec 20th, 2011, 10:25 PM
No point of having a goal which is hard or impossible to achieve most likely to happen.

So every single goal one should strive for should be easy? :scratch: Idiocy.

Yorker
Dec 20th, 2011, 10:26 PM
Eh she says it every off season, take it with a grain of salt, always a chance but don't see it happening.

CrossCourt~Rally
Dec 20th, 2011, 10:35 PM
:hearts: Cindy is getting the suite ready

http://i42.tinypic.com/8x3s5w.png

:haha:

I swear I saw this lady again on some random program on HGtv :p