PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Win Australian Open Juniors 2012

chingching
Dec 19th, 2011, 12:46 PM
It will be interesting to see as some of the old names come back to see how the Junior Aus Open pans out. A very strong field with some professionals like Saisai Zheng and Danka Kovinic. An Sophie is back after playing very few tournaments to defend her title.

colt13
Dec 19th, 2011, 03:26 PM
Van Uytvanck.

I do think this is the best bunch of juniors we have had in some time.

Drake1980
Dec 19th, 2011, 04:13 PM
Genie hopefully!

mac47
Dec 19th, 2011, 04:15 PM
The unflappable future #1 Miss Barty will take out a whining, bitching, stomping, racquet throwing Putintseva in the final.

chingching
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:21 AM
Van Uytvanck.

You're right. A lot of higher WTA ranked juniors.

chingching
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:23 AM
Khromacheva won't win. She cries too much. Putintseva won't win cause you can get her angry. I think Saisai Zheng has a good chance, but I voted for Anett cause she's MY FAVOURITE PLAYER!!!! :)

Aryman3
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:25 AM
Zuzanna Maciejewska. Try to remember this name

chingching
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:29 AM
Van Uytvanck.

Van Uytvanck isn't playing.
http://www.itftennis.com/juniors/tournaments/tournamentacceptancelist.asp?tournament=1100025717&event=1100152137&order=Position&gender=Girls

simonsaystennis
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:40 AM
I wonder if Madison Keys will request a wildcard now that she's going to be there for the women's event.

I think Barty is the favorite, though not by much. This is a really strong field compared to past years.

simonsaystennis
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:41 AM

If she can improve her movement, I definitely think we'll see some good things from her. I think that part of her game is going to keep her from being a real junior star though.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Dec 20th, 2011, 03:57 AM
Disappointed that Madison Keys isn't entered either. She's already playing the MD, might as well have hung around a few extra days and played that.

Jane Lane
Dec 20th, 2011, 04:00 AM
Hopefully Irina or Genie will win. Wouldn't mind seeing Barty either, or somebody else cute and random like Allgurin or Maciejewska.

chingching
Dec 20th, 2011, 11:18 AM

Zuzanna is not good. Look at the Abierto Jiuvenil Junior Open page to see why. All her points are from Osaka

Inger67
Dec 20th, 2011, 08:09 PM
Taylor Townsend ftw :rocker2:

Vikapower
Dec 20th, 2011, 08:19 PM
I know none of the players but Vladimir Putin's daughter should fake the elections by introducing so many fake votes that the winner at the end can only be her in the junior's assembly... Единая Россия for the win.

Yoncé
Dec 20th, 2011, 09:38 PM
Cmon Genie :cheer:

Yarden
Dec 21st, 2011, 07:18 AM
Ashleigh Barty is the one to beat.

Alwaysfan
Dec 21st, 2011, 07:57 AM
Vekic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Connect_HR
Dec 21st, 2011, 11:10 AM
Donna Vekic - Croatia !!

chingching
Dec 21st, 2011, 12:02 PM
No one can beat Anett. She has the most experience playing in front of crowds and her game definately fits the surface. I can't think of a player who can beat her in the juniors. She beat Ash last time they played and she has improved tonnes since her last meating with Irina. Eugenie is already having injury problems and players like An Sophie havent translated onto the senior circuit as well as Anett. Time for Estonia's 4th GA and 3rd Junior Grand Slam! :)

ozfan44
Dec 21st, 2011, 01:29 PM
Barty

Batemant
Dec 21st, 2011, 02:48 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but which American girls are entered?

MarkNL
Dec 21st, 2011, 02:52 PM
I hope Indy of course but I don't think she will. I'll go with Barty.

madmax
Dec 21st, 2011, 03:01 PM
Khromachova will revenge her Wimby defeat by trashing Barty in the final:cheer:

BlueTrees
Dec 21st, 2011, 03:30 PM
Khromachova will revenge her Wimby defeat by trashing Barty in the final:cheer:

You can't even spell her name correctly :sad:

simonsaystennis
Dec 21st, 2011, 05:41 PM
Forgive my ignorance, but which American girls are entered?

Townsend, Duval, Crawford, Makarova, Nauta, Andrews, McPhillips are all in the MD. Vickery is two out... I'm sure she'll get in. Krista Hardebeck also in Q based on her WTA rank.

Rusher
Dec 21st, 2011, 07:19 PM
Hopefully it is Anett. :)

Tennisfan06
Dec 21st, 2011, 07:46 PM
Anett hopefully :)

Vincey!
Dec 21st, 2011, 08:00 PM
I think it will be between Genie (if she's fits, she did so well in the Orange bowl despite being injured, bagelling Kontaveit who won the tourney beating Irina rather easily), and Barty. Khromacheva will also have a shot. and maybe Kontaveit.

Hopefully it will be Genie's first singe jurnior GS :) behind Barty I think she's the favorite. Barty is really up and down tho and I wouldn't be surprised seeing her losing in the jr event after having couple of good matches on the women draw. Too bad Franckie Abanda seems to be still injured :( She beat both WC playoff winners last summer (Keys and Barty) she could have done really well.

Sombrerero loco
Dec 21st, 2011, 08:11 PM
little henin!come on irina!

Amalgamate
Dec 21st, 2011, 09:03 PM
Townsend, Duval, Crawford, Makarova, Nauta, Andrews, McPhillips are all in the MD. Vickery is two out... I'm sure she'll get in. Krista Hardebeck also in Q based on her WTA rank.

Hope Taylor has a good run :cheer:

OZTENNIS
Dec 22nd, 2011, 09:54 PM
I think it will be between Genie (if she's fits, she did so well in the Orange bowl despite being injured, bagelling Kontaveit who won the tourney beating Irina rather easily), and Barty. Khromacheva will also have a shot. and maybe Kontaveit.

Hopefully it will be Genie's first singe jurnior GS :) behind Barty I think she's the favorite. Barty is really up and down tho and I wouldn't be surprised seeing her losing in the jr event after having couple of good matches on the women draw. Too bad Franckie Abanda seems to be still injured :( She beat both WC playoff winners last summer (Keys and Barty) she could have done really well.

Just curious as to what makes you think Barty is really up and down?

And Kontaveit beat Putintseva not Khromacheva at the Orange Bowl

No one can beat Anett. She has the most experience playing in front of crowds and her game definately fits the surface. I can't think of a player who can beat her in the juniors. She beat Ash last time they played and she has improved tonnes since her last meating with Irina. Eugenie is already having injury problems and players like An Sophie havent translated onto the senior circuit as well as Anett. Time for Estonia's 4th GA and 3rd Junior Grand Slam! :)

Spam?

Leading into the Orange Bowl Kontaveit had an unspectacular 17-8 win-loss record. This included straight sets losses to Vickery, Schmiedlova, Kiick, Duval and Khromacheva (twice).

The most experience playing in front of crowds? Did you see the Wimbledon Juniors Final crowd on Court No.1 - one of the biggest and best known courts in tennis? Add to this the fact that Barty will play Hobart and the Australian Open and she might just end up with more ''experience.''

Yes Kontaveit beat Ash the last time she played her, but that was after Ash had a gruelling 6-7 7-6 6-3 win in the round prior over Poznikhirenko and had just won singles and doubles at the Astrid Bowl, playing 10 matches in 6 days. I think she would have had reason to be a bit tired. And you say Kontaveit has improved tonnes - what about Barty and Khromacheva? Barty had just entered the top 20 at Roland Garros and was yet to have won Junior Wimbledon or made the semis at the US Open, let alone have her impressive run at the AO Wildcard Playoff. Khromacheva ended the year with a sensational 44-6 win-loss record in juniors and won a 10k, reached the final of a 25k and the semis of a 50k...pretty good going for a girl the same age as Kontaveit.

A-Bond
Dec 22nd, 2011, 10:07 PM
Hopefully Bouchard :)

Rex59
Jan 8th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Taylor Townsend........

MashaAzarenka
Jan 14th, 2012, 03:34 PM
I voted for Irina Khromacheva. I think she's got the most talent of all the juniors.

Day Dreamer
Jan 14th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Hope Taylor has a good run :cheer:

+1

TheFearlessOne
Jan 15th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Had to vote for Kontaveit, hope she can bring the title home :)

maya-serbia
Jan 15th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Natalija Kostic-if she plays at AO 12

Joe.
Jan 15th, 2012, 12:19 PM
IMO Kontaveit is EXTREMELY underrated! A win here would be great for her

rafaelkafka
Jan 15th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Beatriz Haddad Maia, the 6'1 tall from Brazil who won ITF tournaments with just 15: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RxCJwz3YjY

binky-GOAT
Jan 15th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Barty is playing juniors too?.. Apart from woman draw she also plays doubles with Robson...

BlueTrees
Jan 16th, 2012, 01:22 AM
I think Putintseva, Khromacheva, Barty, Kontaveit and Vekic are the favourites. :)

Tennis Ball
Jan 16th, 2012, 03:15 AM
Glad to see Anso, the defending champ, is playing!

Btw, in Holland the prefix of the last name is, contrary to Belgian names, spelled without capital - so it must be: Indy de Vroome (although the structure 'de vroome' as well as the double 'o' are very much Belgian ;)).
Belgian names are like: Allison Van Uytvanck.

networthy
Jan 16th, 2012, 04:23 AM

Lost in Traralgon R1 in straight sets to a qualifier :rolleyes:

DeliriousPotato
Jan 16th, 2012, 06:33 AM
I voted for Khromacheva...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

chingching
Jan 16th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Just curious as to what makes you think Barty is really up and down?

And Kontaveit beat Putintseva not Khromacheva at the Orange Bowl

Spam?

Leading into the Orange Bowl Kontaveit had an unspectacular 17-8 win-loss record. This included straight sets losses to Vickery, Schmiedlova, Kiick, Duval and Khromacheva (twice).

The most experience playing in front of crowds? Did you see the Wimbledon Juniors Final crowd on Court No.1 - one of the biggest and best known courts in tennis? Add to this the fact that Barty will play Hobart and the Australian Open and she might just end up with more ''experience.''

Yes Kontaveit beat Ash the last time she played her, but that was after Ash had a gruelling 6-7 7-6 6-3 win in the round prior over Poznikhirenko and had just won singles and doubles at the Astrid Bowl, playing 10 matches in 6 days. I think she would have had reason to be a bit tired. And you say Kontaveit has improved tonnes - what about Barty and Khromacheva? Barty had just entered the top 20 at Roland Garros and was yet to have won Junior Wimbledon or made the semis at the US Open, let alone have her impressive run at the AO Wildcard Playoff. Khromacheva ended the year with a sensational 44-6 win-loss record in juniors and won a 10k, reached the final of a 25k and the semis of a 50k...pretty good going for a girl the same age as Kontaveit.

Anett is more agressive than all the Juniors. She lost to Vickery cause shes really good, lost to kiick cause alex is a puddler, would smash smiedlanova now, had her first tournament on grass against vicky and hadnt ever played on the surface until 5 days before! Irina beat her at the beginning of last year both times and on clay, khromacheva's facvourite. I forgot about junior wimbledon but anett played in front of a 1928 crowd in Tallinn for fed cup. Shes beaten everyone in the field shes played except for Irina but I think she has a good chance as she has good mental strength. Has to be the 3rd favourite behind Irina and Ashleigh

BlueTrees
Jan 16th, 2012, 01:42 PM
Kontaveit beat Putintseva 6-2 6-2 in the Orange bowl final. That's not easy to do against such a tough player. Winning the Orange Bowl at 15 is a great result. She's definitely one of the top contenders. :shrug:

chingching
Jan 17th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Lost in Traralgon R1 in straight sets to a qualifier :rolleyes:

That qualifier was Krista Hardebeck. She is one of the hardest hitters of the ball in juniors and made the second round of us open qualifiers. Besides that though, Zuzanna is TOTALLY overrated. If she didnt have the Osaka points she would actually e ranked around 60-70.

This is hardebeck playing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVAIZglnfHU&feature=related

Vaxey
Jan 21st, 2012, 07:49 PM
FITD AussieOpen - http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=452237
;)

chingching
Jan 23rd, 2012, 12:06 AM
61 60 Anett. The start of some other eastern european champions at the australian open come to mind. :lol: