PDA

View Full Version : Who will Samantha Stosur beat in 2012?

Bluish
Dec 17th, 2011, 08:41 AM
....if any? :p

Petra Kvitova (0-3)
Flavia Pennetta (0-4)
Venus Williams (0-4)
Victoria Azarenka (0-5)
Maria Sharapova .. again (1-9)

andy69
Dec 17th, 2011, 08:45 AM
Kvitova because shes getting closer to beating her, aswell as penneta even though she lost in the exhibition today i think if shes at her best she can finally beat her

stromatolite
Dec 17th, 2011, 09:33 AM
I've already predicted that she'd beat all of these women at least once in 2012 (plus Clijsters). Don't see any reason to change that prediction.

eDonkey
Dec 17th, 2011, 09:39 AM
:haha:

Pennetta and Kvitova for me.

Break My Rapture
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:19 AM
Stosur can beat Kvitova on US hardcourts if she serves and hits her FH well enough, with that I mean deep into the BH of Barktra. You can force easier shots from her the most by playing with good depth on her BH, because Kvitty sometimes hits it while falling back too much (partly due to her technique/rather big swing). I actually think this was the reason Azarenka won that second set off Kvitty in Wimbledon, she was playing safe but with great depth into the Kvitova BH and forcing quite a bit of errors this way. But of course most people here called her a pusher because she only hit like 1 or 2 winners during that set. :lol:

Azarenka and Pennetta seem like they come closest to being nightmare match-ups for Shanksur. I'm not sure if Vinas will make an impact when she starts playing again.

claypova
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:36 AM
i think she'll beat Petra and Pennetta

rimon
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Why do peole seem to forget that Kim owns her just as much as anyon else, with a 5-0 H-2-H? :confused: :rolleyes:

Fighterpova
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:42 AM
I think she will beat Masha a couple of times next year and I also see her beating Kvitova on a bad day.

TheHangover
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:43 AM
panetta is the most logical choice, she doesn't have the power shot of the other players even if unless the other she actually uses her brain on court moving sam and not only hitting on her backhand

Bluish
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Why do peole seem to forget that Kim owns her just as much as anyon else, with a 5-0 H-2-H? :confused: :rolleyes:

I know, I completely forgot. Sorry :angel:

doomsday
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:48 AM

Their matches are tight, Stosur is barely winning games against Maria and Vika in form.

Sammo
Dec 17th, 2011, 11:24 AM
I feel like she will beat everyone else but Azarenka

Yoncé
Dec 17th, 2011, 12:03 PM

:o

The Witch-king
Dec 17th, 2011, 02:17 PM
I doubt she'll be beating anyone major next year. Looking to a nice, long dragged out post-slam slump for ol girl.

Why don't you remind us with a thread about it like you do every Williams head-to-head?

dsanders06
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:11 PM
She'd almost certainly beat Venus if she played her, but I doubt Venus will be going far enough in any draws to play her.

Can't see her beating Kvitova or Maria as they're pretty much the worst possible match-ups for her, and I guess Azarenka too. I still see NO reason whatsoever why Pennetta is a bad match-up for her :lol: ...so I vote her.

pav
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:02 PM
She wont beat new look friggin Bepa:fiery:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/kahu/bigbep.jpg

Stonerpova
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:11 PM
She'll beat Pennetta, and I can see her taking down Kvitova on a bad day. Maria will have to play as bad as she did at the Championships to lose to Stosur again.

Clijsters28
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:37 PM
She will beat Pennetta. She was close to beating Kvitova so probably will again. If she plays old washed up Venus she probably beats her. She will not beat Azarenka or Sharapova.

Excelscior
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Stosur can beat Kvitova on US hardcourts if she serves and hits her FH well enough, with that I mean deep into the BH of Barktra. You can force easier shots from her the most by playing with good depth on her BH, because Kvitty sometimes hits it while falling back too much (partly due to her technique/rather big swing). I actually think this was the reason Azarenka won that second set off Kvitty in Wimbledon, she was playing safe but with great depth into the Kvitova BH and forcing quite a bit of errors this way. But of course most people here called her a pusher because she only hit like 1 or 2 winners during that set. :lol:

Azarenka and Pennetta seem like they come closest to being nightmare match-ups for Shanksur. I'm not sure if Vinas will make an impact when she starts playing again.

Actually, I think Azarenka (unless you were just being smart) had quite a few winners in that 2nd set. She played aggressive, to get back in the match. And I think she ended up with 21 winners overall? That's more than her usual against that type of player. I would guess a substantial amount of them, came from that 2nd set? Cause she hardly had any in the third, and the beginning of the first set.

Excelscior
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:24 PM
She will beat Pennetta. She was close to beating Kvitova so probably will again. If she plays old washed up Venus she probably beats her. She will not beat Azarenka or Sharapova.

How was she close to beating Kvitova?

Stosur lost the 2nd and 3rd set 6-3 6-3. And this happened after Petra was up 40-0, ready to go up 5-3 and cruising in the first set, till she blew an easy sitter at the net (then it was downhill from there in the 1st set), till she regrouped?

You do realize Stosur was down 5-0 in the third set, as well? Right! Lol

If anything, based off of that last YEC match, I think Stosur would get smoked; not just because Petra's more experienced and confident now. But it's because both Petra and her coach knew she should of won that match in two quick sets. Her coach actually said it in an interview. Stosur wasn't even in the match (though she was only down a break) in that first set, it appeared. It was out of her hands. That's the feeling you got (and Renee Stubbs echoed those sentiments).

Now keep in mind, I'm not making any predictions here. I was just responding to your comment.

I'm sure Sam and some of her fans may see it differently?

bobito
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:24 PM
A lefty serve of that quality against a player with a weak backhand? If Petra ever loses to Sam then she deserves to be shot.

evana
Dec 17th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Well, for a slam winner she has quite a bad record against most of the top players. I think she has a chance to beat everyone bar Azarenka.

Spring Pools
Dec 17th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Herself

stromatolite
Dec 17th, 2011, 09:47 PM
A lefty serve of that quality against a player with a weak backhand? If Petra ever loses to Sam then she deserves to be shot.

Sam's backhand is nowhere near as weak as it used to be, and Petra is, shall we say, not known for always playing her best tennis all of the time, so I think Sam can definitely pinch a win. She will probably never beat peak Petra on a fast surface, but on a slower surface, especially if Petra's level drops off, Sam can beat het.

rimon
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Their matches are tight, Stosur is barely winning games against Maria and Vika in form.

They've played 5 times, and Kim has lost all of 1 set.

rimon
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:25 PM
:o

:confused:

rimon
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:25 PM
I doubt she'll be beating anyone major next year. Looking to a nice, long dragged out post-slam slump for ol girl.

Why don't you remind us with a thread about it like you do every Williams head-to-head?

Thanks, but no thanks.

justineheninfan
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:27 PM
She can beat all of them on a given day. Some like Azarenka or Sharapova that day would probably only come on clay, but it could come (although given the matchup she is the underdog even on clay).

Kairi
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:30 PM
depends on the surface imo

The Dawntreader
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Depends on her form. The only two players she's guaranteed of beating is Li and Zvonareva.

stromatolite
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Depends on her form. The only two players she's guaranteed of beating is Li and Zvonareva.

In fairness, she's no more guaranteed of always beating these two than the others are guaranteed of always beating her. Players change, circumstances change, and upsets happen.

justineheninfan
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:52 PM
depends on the surface imo

The funny thing is the surface hasnt mattered much in the past when it comes to her nightmare group. Clay may be her favorite surface but she isnt like Henin where she steps on clay and suddenly is nearly invincible even to her usual bullies. The same core of girls still snatch her wig with relative ease.

goat
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:57 PM
The funny thing is the surface hasnt mattered much in the past when it comes to her nightmare group. Clay may be her favorite surface but she isnt like Henin where she steps on clay and suddenly is nearly invincible even to her usual bullies. The same core of girls still snatch her wig with relative ease.

this. I still stress when its first round of R.G. hahahahaha

rimon
Dec 17th, 2011, 11:00 PM
I think that out of all of her "masters", Kim is her worst possible match-up, and the one that she's least likely to ever defeat.

stromatolite
Dec 17th, 2011, 11:36 PM

This thread isn't about her being invincible, just about her winning a few matches. She's definitely got a comparative advantage on clay, where she hasn't often played her bullies when she was in peak clay form. Not wanting to take anything away from Masha and Venus, but in the Rome final this year Sam was sick, and Madrid can hardly be called a clay tournament at all.

I think that out of all of her "masters", Kim is her worst possible match-up, and the one that she's least likely to ever defeat.

Kim still has to show she can come back to anything like her best form. Based on what we've seen this year I'd say that's quite doubtful. Sam can definitely beat Kim when she's in suck mode, which she was in most of the time she went on court this year. I have her high on my list of opponents Sam is likely to beat.

ExtremespeedX
Dec 18th, 2011, 12:28 AM

Clueless. Sam has the best chance to defeat Pushjsters.

Siderophyre
Dec 18th, 2011, 12:43 AM
How was she close to beating Kvitova?

Stosur lost the 2nd and 3rd set 6-3 6-3. And this happened after Petra was up 40-0, ready to go up 5-3 and cruising in the first set, till she blew an easy sitter at the net (then it was downhill from there in the 1st set), till she regrouped?

You do realize Stosur was down 5-0 in the third set, as well? Right! Lol

If anything, based off of that last YEC match, I think Stosur would get smoked; not just because Petra's more experienced and confident now. But it's because both Petra and her coach knew she should of won that match in two quick sets. Her coach actually said it in an interview. Stosur wasn't even in the match (though she was only down a break) in that first set, it appeared. It was out of her hands. That's the feeling you got (and Renee Stubbs echoed those sentiments).

Now keep in mind, I'm not making any predictions here. I was just responding to your comment.

I'm sure Sam and some of her fans may see it differently?

Actually Sam herself said that the match was never in her hands, so there's nothing to argue about there. Based on the YEC result you may be right that Sam gets smoked indoors by Petra. As to how they match up in the humid US summer hard court season, where Petra seems to have issues, that's a different matter.

Excelscior
Dec 18th, 2011, 12:51 AM
Actually Sam herself said that the match was never in her hands, so there's nothing to argue about there. Based on the YEC result you may be right that Sam gets smoked indoors by Petra. As to how they match up in the humid US summer hard court season, where Petra seems to have issues, that's a different matter.

Like I said; I wasn't making a prediction for the future (though Petra has beaten Sam on Clay at RG in 2008, and both Outdoor Hardcourt-AO and Indoor Hard court-YEC recently). I actually like Sam and her determination, professionalism and growth. I was only speaking about the analysis and conclusion of that YEC match; nothing else. I also know/remember how you feel about Sam on Clay in 2008. Lol

I'll worry about all that stuff later.

Actually Sam thinks she may be able to beat Sharapova now (cause she did)? Lol

Stosur: Win over Sharapova confidence boost

Ticker - Saturday, December 17, 2011

US Open champion Samantha Stosur says that her 6-1, 7-5 win over Maria Sharapova at the WTA Championships was one of her biggest victories of the season. It was the first time that Stosur had beaten the Russian in 10 meetings, although Sharapova had just come off of an ankle injury and later ended up pulling out of the Championships. "That's going to be a big confidence boost for me the next time I go out on court against her," Stosur told the Courier Mail. "A 9-0 record isn't good but now I've won one, it proves I can beat her."

Stosur added that changing her game plan to use more variety, speeds and spins aided her victory. "If I don't hit it well enough, then it's right in her hitting zone where she can just go 'whack' and get on top of the point," said Stosur, who could face Sharapova in one of the 2012's opening events in Brisbane.

ExtremespeedX
Dec 18th, 2011, 12:55 AM
I actually thought Sam played amazing in Istanbul. I thought Petra would rout her, considering it's indoor hard (slow hard, but still) - but she showed she could hang with the best despite not being able to sustain her level of play in 2nd and 3rd sets. I think she's one of the favorites for AO and solid favorite for FO next year.

Siderophyre
Dec 18th, 2011, 01:17 AM
Like I said; I wasn't making a prediction for the future (though Petra has beaten Sam on Clay at RG in 2008, and both Outdoor Hardcourt-AO and Indoor Hard court-YEC recently). I actually like Sam and her determination, professionalism and growth. I was only speaking about the analysis and conclusion of that YEC match; nothing else. I also know/remember how you feel about Sam on Clay in 2008. Lol

I'll worry about all that stuff later.

Actually Sam thinks she may be able to beat Sharapova now (cause she did)? Lol

Well you're doing better than me, 'cos I don't remember much about 2008!

And hey, if she's beaten Masha once she can do it again. Masha was the one out of that group that I thought she'd never beat. So now I think she can beat the whole bloody lot. Maybe not repeatedly or consistently, but a slam final would do nicely. :lol:

Nicolás89
Dec 18th, 2011, 02:29 AM
Her record against Pennetta is so ridiculous there is no explanation for it.

Bluish
Dec 18th, 2011, 04:05 AM

Good ROS, Good BH, able to hit the BH cross court at enough angle + pace to consistently keep away from Stosur's FH (kind of the same reason why she has so many troubles with Kirilenko)

Pump-it-UP
Dec 18th, 2011, 04:05 AM
:lol::lol: She isn't ever beating Venus or Azarenka.

Craig.
Dec 18th, 2011, 04:33 AM
This thread isn't about her being invincible, just about her winning a few matches. She's definitely got a comparative advantage on clay, where she hasn't often played her bullies when she was in peak clay form. Not wanting to take anything away from Masha and Venus, but in the Rome final this year Sam was sick, and Madrid can hardly be called a clay tournament at all.

Kim still has to show she can come back to anything like her best form. Based on what we've seen this year I'd say that's quite doubtful. Sam can definitely beat Kim when she's in suck mode, which she was in most of the time she went on court this year. I have her high on my list of opponents Sam is likely to beat.

I would never have expected you to play the excuses card :lol:

tennisforadults
Dec 18th, 2011, 04:54 AM
Pennetta and Sharapova.

rimon
Dec 18th, 2011, 05:19 AM
Clueless. Sam has the best chance to defeat Pushjsters.

To you and stromatolite - what does 5-0 say?

stromatolite
Dec 18th, 2011, 05:42 AM
I would never have expected you to play the excuses card :lol:

:lol: Well I tried to soften it by putting in the little disclaimer (not wanting to take anything away ...) but I guess that was a bit lame, so fair cop :o. All I wanted to say is that she's not chanceless against these ladies, especially on slower courts, and especially on clay. But they will always be a challenge for her to say the least.

stromatolite
Dec 18th, 2011, 05:51 AM
To you and stromatolite - what does 5-0 say?

That Kim's beaten Sam 5 times to nothing in past matches obviously. But when I last checked the past and the future were still different things:confused:. I've maybe used the example of Soderling's 12 (or was it 13, I can't remember?) straight losses before breaking Fed's 23 SF-streak in slams a bit too often now, but fortunately we can now add Sam's first win after 9 losses against Sharapova to that. Like it or not, Kim is past her prime and Sam is peaking. Doesn't necessarily add up to a routine win for Sam, but she's got a decent shot at it IMO.

bobito
Dec 18th, 2011, 08:39 AM
Sam's backhand is nowhere near as weak as it used to be, and Petra is, shall we say, not known for always playing her best tennis all of the time, so I think Sam can definitely pinch a win. She will probably never beat peak Petra on a fast surface, but on a slower surface, especially if Petra's level drops off, Sam can beat het.

A couple of points here. I agree that Sam's backhand is better than it was but it's still a weak shot. Against the best lefty serve the women's game has seen since Navratilova was in her prime, it's a bad match-up.

As for Petra's inconsistency, it doesn't tend to happen in the latter stages of tournaments which is the only circumstances under which the two are going to meet next year.

stromatolite
Dec 18th, 2011, 08:51 AM
A couple of points here. I agree that Sam's backhand is better than it was but it's still a weak shot. Against the best lefty serve the women's game has seen since Navratilova was in her prime, it's a bad match-up.

As for Petra's inconsistency, it doesn't tend to happen in the latter stages of tournaments which is the only circumstances under which the two are going to meet next year.

Agree about the match up. All I'm saying is that Sam could pinch a win off Petra at some point and that Petra wouldn't necessarily have to reach for her pistol if she does. As for the later stages of tournaments I think you may have painted yourself into a bit of a corner. Sam won a set off Petra in the semis of the YEC, and got back 3 games from 0-5 in the third. Even though Petra was clearly the better player in that match, a couple more bad games from her would have been all that was needed to make it very close. Either Petra was inconsistent or Sam played better than you're giving her credit for. Or doesn't a SF at the YEC count as the latter stage of a tournament?

doomsday
Dec 18th, 2011, 09:15 AM

Sam got her win over Maria solely cause she was injured, see it's not difficult to come up with excuses besides you really can't defend Sam's losses over these 2, I mean, there are so many and everywhere :lol: they're clearly a bad matchup for her.

BikezAreForever!
Dec 18th, 2011, 09:15 AM
Sam was playing great tennis lately I fully expect her to break few ducks in her h2h. She was very close to PK at YEC on PKs favourite surface. I expect Sam to win if they meet on outdoor HCs (not sure about AO though. RLA is not outdoor HCs IMHO, especially not evening sessions which they may play at). I believe also that Sam would beat Venus if they play now. She will beat Pennetta, she just need to learn how to play her and exho was a good lesson for her. However, she still do seems to have big problem with Vika and Clijsters.

SilverPersian
Dec 18th, 2011, 09:37 AM
I think Vika will be the biggest difficulty for her to overcome. She's still on the way up in terms of ranking and ability, she's very consistent, and she seems to have the kind of game that doesn't give Sam much of a foothold in rallies.

I could see her beating Kvitova because of her inconsistency, Venus and Kim because they are a little bit past their peak and not always consistent either, and I still don't really understand why she struggles so much with Flavia. Not saying any of these victories will definitely happen, but I think they can.

dsanders06
Dec 18th, 2011, 12:08 PM

Good ROS, Good BH, able to hit the BH cross court at enough angle + pace to consistently keep away from Stosur's FH (kind of the same reason why she has so many troubles with Kirilenko)

But Zvonareva has all those things too, and Sam habitually rapes her :lol:

Petronius
Dec 18th, 2011, 02:37 PM
And hey, if she's beaten Masha once she can do it again.

To be fair, Masha was rusty and after an ankle injury, while Stosur was in top shape. Peak Masha will probably beat Sam again. JMHO

bobito
Dec 18th, 2011, 06:20 PM
Agree about the match up. All I'm saying is that Sam could pinch a win off Petra at some point and that Petra wouldn't necessarily have to reach for her pistol if she does. As for the later stages of tournaments I think you may have painted yourself into a bit of a corner. Sam won a set off Petra in the semis of the YEC, and got back 3 games from 0-5 in the third. Even though Petra was clearly the better player in that match, a couple more bad games from her would have been all that was needed to make it very close. Either Petra was inconsistent or Sam played better than you're giving her credit for. Or doesn't a SF at the YEC count as the latter stage of a tournament?

The match at the WTA Championships that you use as an example of why Kvitova might well lose to Stosur is actually the one that makes me think it is very unlikely. Petra blew hot and cold during that match and still won. It might have been the best chance Sam is likely to get but still those extra couple of games you speak of were always going to very hard to come by for Sam. Petra was extremely good in those situations this year.

If and when they meet, it will be either in the final of a Premier or the semi-final of a slam or mandatory. The only player to have beaten Petra in either of those was Serena Williams. I'm not saying that Sam couldn't beat Petra in such a match but I'd be very surprised if she did.

Excelscior
Dec 18th, 2011, 06:47 PM
A lot of people here forget that Petra has already beaten Sam on Clay, Outdoor hardcourt and indoor hardcourt, with out a loss. You can argue, that most of it took place, when Petra was younger in her career, to boot.

Sure Sam's improved (we hope; though she still only has 3 career titles to her name). But so has Petra (we hope for her sake). Two can play that game. That's what people forget. Petra may be better (and appreciably so) in 2012. That's the scary part.

I think renewed confidence by Petra (barring some super match by Sam) will only reinforce the natural advantages that Petra has over Sam next year. Beating her at the YEC, I think will only strengthen those notions (if she ever had any doubts to begin with). And we have to be careful when we say things like "Petra's past inconsistency", cause with Sam you can say she's been both inconsistent, unfulfilling and a choker in her career (though I'm not saying that). Her two career titles before the US Open illustrate this. So let's be fair and/or show some reciprocity in our potential predictions.

We'll see?

Holdsworth
Dec 18th, 2011, 06:51 PM
But Zvonareva has all those things too, and Sam habitually rapes her :lol:
It is an enigma.. Zvonareva is the better version of Pennetta, but Flav has 4-0 against Stosur, Vera - 2-8 (0-8) :shrug:

lang26
Dec 18th, 2011, 07:30 PM
That whole list on the poll and some other random players

stromatolite
Dec 18th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Sam got her win over Maria solely cause she was injured, see it's not difficult to come up with excuses besides you really can't defend Sam's losses over these 2, I mean, there are so many and everywhere :lol: they're clearly a bad matchup for her.

If you'd read my posts on this subject over the last few months you'd know I never denied that these women are a bad match up. That doesn't mean she will never beat them. As a comparison try counting the number of posters who were rolling around killing themselves laughing in the months before the YEC at the idea that she would EVER beat Sharapova. Who's making excuses now? :confused:

stromatolite
Dec 18th, 2011, 09:00 PM
The match at the WTA Championships that you use as an example of why Kvitova might well lose to Stosur is actually the one that makes me think it is very unlikely. Petra blew hot and cold during that match and still won. It might have been the best chance Sam is likely to get but still those extra couple of games you speak of were always going to very hard to come by for Sam. Petra was extremely good in those situations this year.

If and when they meet, it will be either in the final of a Premier or the semi-final of a slam or mandatory. The only player to have beaten Petra in either of those was Serena Williams. I'm not saying that Sam couldn't beat Petra in such a match but I'd be very surprised if she did.

My main point was that, contrary to your claim, Petra was inconsistent in that match. If she's equally inconsistent in conditions that suit Sam better and Petra worse I think the outcome could be different. Actually I think even if she plays well on a slow outdoor court Sam has a good chance of beating her, but I know you'll disagree with that so we'll just have to wait and see. :)

A lot of people here forget that Petra has already beaten Sam on Clay, Outdoor hardcourt and indoor hardcourt, with out a loss. You can argue, that most of it took place, when Petra was younger in her career, to boot.

Sure Sam's improved (we hope; though she still only has 3 career titles to her name). But so has Petra (we hope for her sake). Two can play that game. That's what people forget. Petra may be better (and appreciably so) in 2012. That's the scary part.

I think renewed confidence by Petra (barring some super match by Sam) will only reinforce the natural advantages that Petra has over Sam next year. Beating her at the YEC, I think will only strengthen those notions (if she ever had any doubts to begin with). And we have to be careful when we say things like "Petra's past inconsistency", cause with Sam you can say she's been both inconsistent, unfulfilling and a choker in her career (though I'm not saying that). Her two career titles before the US Open illustrate this. So let's be fair and/or show some reciprocity in our potential predictions.

We'll see?

TBH I don't really get why people are citing Petra (and sometimes Kim) as the insurmountable obstacles for Sam. Re3latively speaking Sam's been quite competitive in a lot of her matches against these two. If the H2H is what counts (not saying that it is, but it seems to be what most people are basing their predictions on) Vika must be the biggest challenge for Sam.

stromatolite
Dec 18th, 2011, 09:02 PM
To be fair, Masha was rusty and after an ankle injury, while Stosur was in top shape. Peak Masha will probably beat Sam again. JMHO

You're actually expecting to see peak Masha again? :help: You must be her best ever fan ;)

doomsday
Dec 18th, 2011, 09:30 PM
You're actually expecting to see peak Masha again? :help: You must be her best ever fan ;)

Not really necessary because 2011 Masha seems to handle Stosur pretty well, 6461 6264 and then 6362 :lol:

stromatolite
Dec 18th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Not really necessary because 2011 Masha seems to handle Stosur pretty well, 6461 6264 and then 6362 :lol:

Then 1657 :lol:

Excelscior
Dec 19th, 2011, 12:03 AM

That's not fair, cause Masha was undefeated against Stosur through out the years (peak or no peak), until the YEC.

I'm sure somebody already responded to you about that already. Lol

stromatolite
Dec 19th, 2011, 09:18 AM
That's not fair, cause Masha was undefeated against Stosur through out the years (peak or no peak), until the YEC.

I'm sure somebody already responded to you about that already. Lol

:lol: Actually that's partly my point. I'm happy to admit that it would be very hard (although IMO not completely impossible) for Sam to beat peak Masha, and that YEC Masha was way below peak. But I seriously believe that we are never going to see peak Masha again, outside of e.g. clips of the Wimbledon '04 final. If that's true, then predicting that peak Masha will always beat Sam is a bit pointless. That was all I was saying. :)