PushWoz
Dec 17th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Should have beaten Kerber :help:

GoofyDuck
Dec 17th, 2011, 08:43 AM
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

The Kaz
Dec 17th, 2011, 08:48 AM
Stosur is not interested in trying too hard against scrubs like Pennetta.

Wait until the AO :cheer:

stromatolite
Dec 17th, 2011, 09:02 AM
Pity, but no big deal. Sam was coming in cold while Flavia already had a match under her belt but Sam was still competitive. Plus this is only an exo, when it counts Sam will reverse the trend against Flavia.

SwingVolley93
Dec 17th, 2011, 09:04 AM

LOL the moxy of some Sam fans is overwhelming. :help:

SilverPersian
Dec 17th, 2011, 09:04 AM
:bigcry:

Did anyone see the match? Will there be a highlights reel?

PushWoz
Dec 17th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Oh! Sam led 5-2 in the first set too :haha:

stromatolite
Dec 17th, 2011, 09:19 AM

Which is hilarious why exactly? :confused: If you roll around laughing every time this happens you must REALLY enjoy your tennis ;)

The Kaz
Dec 17th, 2011, 09:25 AM
LOL the moxy of some Sam fans is overwhelming. :help:

Coming from an Aga fan :tape: :haha:

Shadowcat
Dec 17th, 2011, 09:28 AM
:bigcry:

Did anyone see the match? Will there be a highlights reel?

I don't think there will be any official video on it.

Kəv.
Dec 17th, 2011, 09:34 AM

She was probably just trying to make it more competitive and fun to watch :shrug:

Don't I find it hilarious that Woz also choked against Li in AO. :shrug:
Atleast Sam's won a US Open!

PushWoz
Dec 17th, 2011, 09:39 AM
She was probably just trying to make it more competitive and fun to watch :shrug:

Don't I find it hilarious that Woz also choked against Li in AO. :shrug:
Atleast Sam's won a US Open!

Don't care, congrats to Li for stepping up. That US Open was one of the miraculous flukes of the past two years.

TheHangover
Dec 17th, 2011, 09:50 AM
Should have beaten Kerber :help:

i thought exactly the same thing when i saw this result! i'm still furious :mad: about that match!!!

claypova
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:03 AM
Don't care, congrats to Li for stepping up. That US Open was one of the miraculous flukes of the past two years.

having a fluke is better than having no flukes :happy:

Lord Choc Ice
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:05 AM
having a fluke is better than having no flukes :happy:
I'll hold you to that next time you diss Ana :devil:.

Phil=)
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Did AMG already play a match? Wasn't she supposed to be part of the Exho too? :lol:

TheHangover
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Did AMG already play a match? Wasn't she supposed to be part of the Exho too? :lol:

i think she lost the first match vs peng

Sammo
Dec 17th, 2011, 11:26 AM
:facepalm:

domon17th
Dec 17th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Sam started out in the first set firing on all cylinders. But eventually Flavia's dragged her on court for longer and longer rallies. Smart play targetting the weaker Stosur backhand. Eventually Sam got worn down and her first serve went AWOL. But I got to say, witnessing Sam's forehand in real life if WOW

Dazza01
Dec 17th, 2011, 03:40 PM
Slightly disappointed for Sam, but even though I did not watch the match, I can probably still go out on a limb and say Sam probably just didn't put too much effort in, per say.

I mean yes - she was there - but I think that in the back of her mind was the fact that it is just an exhibition. I think Sam implied in one of her interviews (forget which one, maybe I read between the lines too much! :lol:) that it was just a tune up for her AO campaign.

Regardless, Sam took it to a third set, so I guess she was fighting harder than I give her credit for. Well done Flavia, and good luck for tomorrow. :)

FORZA SARITA
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:37 PM

this is the first match where she has won a set against this scrub :lol:

MarkNL
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:25 PM
Flavia will go down when they are playing on the Tour again :)

ElusiveChanteuse
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Well an exho and I'm sure Sam doesn't need to win an exho to prove herself now.:oh:

Fantasy Hero
Dec 17th, 2011, 07:25 PM

go check the H2H :wavey:
Flavia will go down when they are playing on the Tour again :)

see above :angel:

stromatolite
Dec 17th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Slightly disappointed for Sam, but even though I did not watch the match, I can probably still go out on a limb and say Sam probably just didn't put too much effort in, per say.

I mean yes - she was there - but I think that in the back of her mind was the fact that it is just an exhibition. I think Sam implied in one of her interviews (forget which one, maybe I read between the lines too much! :lol:) that it was just a tune up for her AO campaign.

It may have been just a warm up, but in all fairness it probably was for Flavia too. But I agree that it's a result that doesn't mean too much, and that would have been the case as well if Sam had won.

Yes, Sam has a bad record against Flavia, but no, this is not the first set Sam has won against her. She won a set in the Fed Cup tie in Australia last year, and really should have won the match.

Sammo
Dec 17th, 2011, 09:51 PM

I don't think so

tennisforadults
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:07 PM

Sam also won a set at Fed Cup early this year. And had match points. She really should have won that match.

I think Sam is a lot closer to cracking Flavia than a year ago. No one likes losing, even in an exhibition match, so I'm sure Sam was disappointed.

I'm confident that Sam will turn her record against Flavia around in 2012.

Jane Lane
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Damn you Kerber.

stromatolite
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:33 PM
Damn you Kerber.

Get real. Sam was playing much better tennis than Flavia throughout the USO, and had already beaten an in-form Petrova, who (except for that one match in Eastbourne while Nadia's form was on prolonged vacation) had given Sam even more trouble in the past than Flavia. TBH Flavia wasn't playing particularly well, and pretty much only had to keep the ball in play to beat Sharapova in meltdown mode. Sam would have had an easier time against Flavia than she did against the lesser known and unpredictable lefty Kerber.

Jane Lane
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:36 PM
Get real. Sam was playing much better tennis than Flavia throughout the USO, and had already beaten an in-form Petrova, who (except for that one match in Eastbourne while Nadia's form was on prolonged vacation) had given Sam even more trouble in the past than Flavia. TBH Flavia wasn't playing particularly well, and pretty much only had to keep the ball in play to beat Sharapova in meltdown mode. Sam would have had an easier time against Flavia than she did against the lesser known and unpredictable lefty Kerber.

:lol: Calm yourself.

annetcl
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:38 PM
Sam also won a set at Fed Cup early this year. And had match points. She really should have won that match.

I think Sam is a lot closer to cracking Flavia than a year ago. No one likes losing, even in an exhibition match, so I'm sure Sam was disappointed.

I'm confident that Sam will turn her record against Flavia around in 2012.

Think Sam was quoted saying she wasn't feeling too good during the Fed cup match and to have had match point and losing in 3 was not bad at all.

stromatolite
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:46 PM
:lol: Calm yourself.

Okay, I've just taken a sedative :lol:

TheHangover
Dec 17th, 2011, 11:46 PM

but if she almost lost to kirilenko! flavia could have beaten her also at the uso, but flavia never reached that match so there is no point to talk about this

Trickle
Dec 18th, 2011, 12:19 AM
Gees, I totally forgot Sam was Flavia's pigeon. Sam is a pigeon to alot of players. She needs to work on that.

SilverPersian
Dec 18th, 2011, 12:24 AM
Okay, I've just taken a sedative :lol:

Hmm...from the look of your national flag I will take this to mean you've broken out the hash cookies again ;)

stromatolite
Dec 18th, 2011, 06:02 AM
but if she almost lost to kirilenko! flavia could have beaten her also at the uso, but flavia never reached that match so there is no point to talk about this

I didn't bring it up:confused:

Lord Choc Ice
Dec 18th, 2011, 06:04 AM
Gees, I totally forgot Sam was Flavia's pigeon. Sam is a pigeon to alot of players. She needs to work on that.

:lol: She also has a laughable record in finals. One of the weirdest singles slam winners ever for sure. Her and Schiavone.

stromatolite
Dec 18th, 2011, 06:10 AM
Hmm...from the look of your national flag I will take this to mean you've broken out the hash cookies again ;)

:lol: Uh huh huh huh:smoke: