PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 grass courters of the Serena generation

justineheninfan
Dec 17th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Who would you rate as the top 10 grass courters of the Serena era. Mine would be:

1a- Venus
1b- Serena
3- Davenport
4- Mauresmo
5- Sharapova
6- Henin
7- Hingis
8- Kvitova (if she has another decent Wimbledon I will bump her to #6 or higher)
9. Capriati
10. Bartoli

ExtremespeedX
Dec 17th, 2011, 12:18 AM
Kvitova is a much better natural grass courter than both Henin and Wingis. On your list, Kvitova should be #6, Wingis #7 and Henin #8

Spring Pools
Dec 17th, 2011, 03:44 AM
Bartoli when Pierce Brosnan is watching

KBlade
Dec 17th, 2011, 03:51 AM
Kvitova is a much better natural grass courter than both Henin and Wingis. On your list, Kvitova should be #6, Wingis #7 and Henin #8

Kvitova has had two decent Wimbledons. Let's not get over-excited here.

VeeJJ
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:00 AM
:spit: at Capriati and Bartoli

Brad[le]y.
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:03 AM

Bartoli has a Wimbledon final :shrug:

justineheninfan
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:08 AM

Who is better than them? Clijsters, Dementieva, Zvonareva? No.

VeeJJ
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:10 AM
I feel like Dementieva's 2 semis out does Bartoli's fluke Wimbledon. Her entire run there was fluke, not just that semi-final win.

ExtremespeedX
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:11 AM
Kvitova has had two decent Wimbledons. Let's not get over-excited here.

Kvitova has a wimbledon title under her belt! I don't know why someone with no Wimbledon title is ranked above someone WITH wimbledon title. It's not about getting carried away and proclaiming her grass GOAT or something, it's about being non-biased...Notice how I don't put her above Amelie and Shrieker, which are IMO both worse on grass than PK, but as of right now they achieved more...

Bonfire
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:11 AM
Who would you rate as the top 10 grass courters of the Serena era. Mine would be:

1a- Venus
1b- Serena
3- Davenport
4- Mauresmo
5- Sharapova
6- Henin
7- Hingis
8- Kvitova (if she has another decent Wimbledon I will bump her to #6 or higher)
9. Capriati
10. Bartoli

this list looks good to me
though I would consider switching Sharapova to #4 and putting Mauresmo at #5

Holdsworth
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:15 AM
I feel like Dementieva's 2 semis out does Bartoli's fluke Wimbledon. Her entire run there was fluke, not just that semi-final win.
Dementieva ?? No... She had a cakewalk twice :o

Brad[le]y.
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:16 AM

including her win over JJ? :oh:

VeeJJ
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:20 AM
Dementieva ?? No... She had a cakewalk twice :o
No she didn't, and she also has another QF.
including her win over JJ? :oh:
Exacly.

Bitch :lol:

Holdsworth
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:25 AM
No she didn't, and she also has another QF.
:
She did.. Especially in 2009 she had a funny draw, including the highest ranking opponent VesninaGOAT :rocker:

VeeJJ
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:31 AM
Dementieva Wimby resume = 2 SF, 1 Qf, and 3 4r finishes
Bartoli Wimbledon resume = 1 Final, 1 QF, 1 4R finishes
At best they are even, but Bartoli is not greater.

Holdsworth
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:34 AM

Hmm.. You forgot about Bartoli's Premier title in Eastbourne

VeeJJ
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:43 AM
Bartoli has 4 straight SF at Eastbourne and 1 win.
Demetieva has a Final and at a SF at 'S-Hertogenbosh
Bartoli's run is still too much of a fluke for me.

justineheninfan
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:57 AM
To each their own but Bartoli's Wimbledon final, wins over Serena and Henin at Wimbledon, and Eastborne title put her clearly above Dementieva on grass for me personally. Dementieva hasnt done even one of those things.

Dementieva couldnt even win Hertogenbosh in numerous attempts? That is hardly a booster of her grass court skills.

Holdsworth
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:02 AM
Bartoli's run is still too much of a fluke for me.
Bartoli beat Henin and Serena.. Dementieva beat Petrova and grassGOAT Schiavone.. Who had a fluke ?

effedcamel
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:09 AM
Bartoli beat Henin and Serena.. Dementieva beat Petrova and grassGOAT Schiavone.. Who had a fluke ?

Bartoli did not beat Serena in 2007 W....

atominside
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Bartoli did not beat Serena in 2007 W....

in bartoli's entire wimbledon campaigns, i think she has beaten better players than elena.
Bartoli has beaten peak henin,serena,jankovic at wimbledon. She made a wimbledon final. She won some grasscourt tournaments also. Bartoli>Dementieva on grass.

duhcity
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:16 AM
Eh I'd move Henin down below anyone with a Wimbledon title.

Brad[le]y.
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:48 AM
To each their own but Bartoli's Wimbledon final, wins over Serena and Henin at Wimbledon, and Eastborne title put her clearly above Dementieva on grass for me personally. Dementieva hasnt done even one of those things.

Dementieva couldnt even win Hertogenbosh in numerous attempts? That is hardly a booster of her grass court skills.

even Petkovic came close to winning it last year, and she's a grass mug :lol:

Stonerpova
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:50 AM
I like the list, but I'd bump Maria over Mauresmo, simply due to the additional Wimbledon final.

justineheninfan
Dec 17th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Agreed.

1.Venus
2.Serena
3.Davenport
4.Sharapova
5.Mauresmo
6.Kvitova
7.Novotna
8.Hingis
9.Henin
10. Bartoli

Novotna a player of the Serena generation. :lol:

geoepee
Dec 17th, 2011, 07:16 AM
I was editing my post right when I posted it,..although she played at the beginning of Serena's career, what she did in 98 and 99 was stronger than the others that were on the list. It was hard not to list her. But i'll come up with another list...

What If?
Dec 17th, 2011, 07:17 AM
What is the Serena generation?
With all due respect she hasn't got her own generation. There were another greats in 2000-2010. Hingis had her generation, Wozniacki has, S.Williams hadn't.

Brad[le]y.
Dec 17th, 2011, 07:18 AM
What is the Serena generation?
With all due respect she hasn't got her own generation. There were another greats in 2000-2010. Hingis had her generation, Wozniacki has, S.Williams hadn't.

OMG :hysteric:

M.S.F
Dec 17th, 2011, 07:24 AM

Still mad about JaJa's lose? :oh:

Aryman3
Dec 17th, 2011, 07:41 AM
In my humble opinion both Dementieva and Bartoli would lost to Radwanska on Wimbledon grass

Otlichno
Dec 17th, 2011, 07:46 AM
In my humble opinion both Dementieva and Bartoli would lost to Radwanska on Wimbledon grass

Your opinion truly is very humble.

Break My Rapture
Dec 17th, 2011, 08:40 AM
WHAT? :help:

SwingVolley93
Dec 17th, 2011, 09:08 AM

THANK YOU! :worship:

BartoliBabes
Dec 17th, 2011, 09:18 AM
in bartoli's entire wimbledon campaigns, i think she has beaten better players than elena.
Bartoli has beaten peak henin,serena,jankovic at wimbledon. She made a wimbledon final. She won some grasscourt tournaments also. Bartoli>Dementieva on grass.

Bartoli also beat Dementieva 61 60 on grass in 2007. #beatdown

Smitten
Dec 17th, 2011, 09:37 AM

Bartoli beat '07 Henin on grass after just losing to her in Eastbourne.
She also has a Wimbledon win over Serena Williams.

What's Elena's best win at Wimbledon? Fucking Petrova, right? :lol:

Miss Atomic Bomb
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:48 AM
Dementieva's best match at Wimbledon is a loss.

What If?
Dec 17th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Oops, read grass as gross.:tape: Not that is make any difference in my list though.

However grass is unimportant transitional surface. That grass slam slightly matters. Comparing to the real slams (like the one in NY) it is irrelevant at all.

I actually thought that the real tennis fans have vacation from tennis during the grass.:confused: Apparently someone are still followin it:lol::wavey:

Anyways, Serena era is non-existent term. It was as well Kim's era, Henin's era etc. If a player wants her own era a player must dominate as much as Caroline, for example, does these days. Or else the question marks will always be put under a player's "era"

ViceUltramontain
Dec 17th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Like Dementieva is the one who could take the 10th spot to Marion. Kim has better results on grass than her.

homogenius
Dec 17th, 2011, 11:18 AM
1.Pironkova

the others

dany.p
Dec 17th, 2011, 11:18 AM
uhm, bartoli over dementieva on grass.

Easily.

Sammo
Dec 17th, 2011, 11:22 AM
1- Venus
2- Serena
3- Davenport
4- Mauresmo
5- Hingis
6- Sharapova
7- Kvitova
8- Henin
9. Capriati
10. I don't know, Bartoli I guess

mac47
Dec 17th, 2011, 12:12 PM
Oops, read grass as gross.:tape: Not that is make any difference in my list though.

However grass is unimportant transitional surface. That grass slam slightly matters. Comparing to the real slams (like the one in NY) it is irrelevant at all.

I actually thought that the real tennis fans have vacation from tennis during the grass.:confused: Apparently someone are still followin it:lol::wavey:

Anyways, Serena era is non-existent term. It was as well Kim's era, Henin's era etc. If a player wants her own era a player must dominate as much as Caroline, for example, does these days. Or else the question marks will always be put under a player's "era"

And you complain about Caro hatred on TF?

Are you not the mother of all Trolls, coming onto a grass court thread and dissing grass tennis as an irrelevant sideshow?

I'd give you some more bad rep, but the forum says I have to "spread it around" first. Can some other sensible, non-troll person help me out here, and contribute to the effort to get this clown banned?

The Dawntreader
Dec 17th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Henin over Kvitova? :spit:

What If?
Dec 17th, 2011, 12:28 PM
And you complain about Caro hatred on TF?

Are you not the mother of all Trolls, coming onto a grass court thread and dissing grass tennis as an irrelevant sideshow?

I'd give you some more bad rep, but the forum says I have to "spread it around" first. Can some other sensible, non-troll person help me out here, and contribute to the effort to get this clown banned?
You are mad. Even if you dislike me you should not advice others to badrep me.

Unfortunately you said nothing on topic, so I have nothing to respond.
Next time try to say something valuable.

frenchie
Dec 17th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Myskina for number 10

1 Birmingham final
2 Eastbourne finals
2 Wimbledon QF

In a short space of time.
Her game was great for grass

ViceUltramontain
Dec 17th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Kim has 2 Wimbly SFs, two QFs, an Eastbourne title and a S'Hertogenbosh title. Myskina is not even close.

doomsday
Dec 17th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Henin over Kvitova? :spit:

Yeah definitely agree, Wimbledon winners should be up there then come Henin, Clijsters, Bartoli and Myskina if you want.

1- Venus
2- Serena
3- Davenport
4- Sharapova
5- Mauresmo
6- Hingis
7- Kvitova
8- Henin
9. Clijsters
10. Bartoli

BartoliBabes
Dec 17th, 2011, 12:44 PM
Myskina for number 10

1 Birmingham final
2 Eastbourne finals
2 Wimbledon QF

In a short space of time.
Her game was great for grass

are u on drugs?:confused:

madmax
Dec 17th, 2011, 01:40 PM
LMAO at Hingis and Bagelie being above Sharapova...not only they can't match peak Pova game wise on grass, their achievements aren't on par either. Pova's hate on this board disgusts me

Monzanator
Dec 17th, 2011, 01:47 PM
You know that Wimbledon title means nothing when talking about Sharapova :lol:

ZODIAC
Dec 17th, 2011, 01:50 PM
Vera should also be included she reached the final of Wimbledon...something Kim has never done

KBdoubleu
Dec 17th, 2011, 01:55 PM
LMAO at Hingis and Bagelie being above Sharapova...not only they can't match peak Pova game wise on grass, their achievements aren't on par either. Pova's hate on this board disgusts me

Just one person in this entire thread placed Hingis above Sharapova. I'm guessing "Bagelie" is Mauresmo. Mauresmo beat Sharapova in the '06 Wimbledon semis (probably Sharapova's best year of her entire career). They each have one title at Wimbledon. Mauresmo has three additional semis. Sharapova has two semis and a finals appearance. Sharapova beat a wildcard in the semis to reach her second final and one top 20 player (#20 Peng) the entire tournament. Mauresmo got Serena twice in the semis and Davenport once. Their records are very similar now, but Sharapova will most likely surpass her.

JamieOwen3
Dec 17th, 2011, 01:58 PM
Grass court titleist Makarova.... :oh:

WHERE IS KOURNIKOVA? a win over Graf on grass with a injured thumb and a SF at wimbledon on her debut must land her the #10 or something? :p

ZODIAC
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:15 PM
Venus and Serena must be lol at the list of so called 10 best grass players of their generation when they won 9 out of 11 titles...

Trickle
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:22 PM
If Venus is #1, then Pironkova should get a 'Honorary Mention' for beating her with the same straight sets score two times in a row. :oh:

As for Bartoli v Dementieva for #10, Bartoli did defeat a 2007 Henin (63 wins , 4 losses) who was so desperate to win Wimbledon and so bitter that she chanelled that rage into a double bagel and humilated Marion a few months later in Madrid.

Also as someone said, Bartoli bageled and breadsticked Lena at Eastbourne earlier that year.

ZODIAC
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Define the Serena generation.
At first.
How many months you think that generation spaces.yeah the Venus and Serena grass court generation stretches from 2000-2010...thats a generation:pwho won 9 titles out of 11..:rolleyes:

ZODIAC
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:29 PM
If Venus is #1, then Pironkova should get a 'Honorary Mention' for beating her with the same straight sets score two times in a row. :oh:

As for Bartoli v Dementieva for #10, Bartoli did defeat a 2007 Henin (63 wins , 4 losses) who was so desperate to win Wimbledon and so bitter that she chanelled that rage into a double bagel and humilated Marion a few months later in Madrid.

Also as someone said, Bartoli bageled and breadsticked Lena at Eastbourne earlier that year.at the end of the day Venus won the most titles at Wimbledon and will be remembered as the best grasscourt player of her generation and her sister is right there behind her...in singles and doubles:bounce:

dsanders06
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:33 PM
WHERE did this myth that Dementieva is a great grasscourter come from? :lol: Is it literally JUST the semifinal against Serena - a match where the BBC's Hawkeye showed that, due to a heatwave in London over the previous fortnight, the grass had hardened to such an extent that the bounce was virtually identical to the bounce on the US Open courts. In normal circumstances, grass bounced too low for Dementieva to execute her counter-punching game effectively.

Also, why are people lumping Kvitova into the Serena Generation, when in reality she's the leader of a whole new Kvitova Generation? :scratch:

doomsday
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Just one person in this entire thread placed Hingis above Sharapova. I'm guessing "Bagelie" is Mauresmo. Mauresmo beat Sharapova in the '06 Wimbledon semis (probably Sharapova's best year of her entire career). They each have one title at Wimbledon. Mauresmo has three additional semis. Sharapova has two semis and a finals appearance. Sharapova beat a wildcard in the semis to reach her second final and one top 20 player (#20 Peng) the entire tournament. Mauresmo got Serena twice in the semis and Davenport once. Their records are very similar now, but Sharapova will most likely surpass her.

A wildcard who defeated Na Li(French Open champion) on her way. And Maria got Venus in 2005, 2007 and then Serena in 2010 and all those years they ended up winning the title.

Nicolás89
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:42 PM
My List :D

1. Venus
2. Serena
3. Davenport
4. Mauresmo
5. Sharapova
6. Kvitova
7. Legen
8. Henin
9. Bartoli
10. Capriati
11. Dementieva
12. Zvonareva
13. Clijsters
14. GOATwanska
15. No one else.

EDIT Iforgot Vera and Kim. :)

Clijsters28
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Kvitova is not part of the Serena generation so doesnt belong on the list. Also anyone putting Henin above Clijsters on grass is just dumb.

1. Venus
2. Serena
3. Sharapova
4. Davenport
5. Mauresmo
6. Hingis
7. Clijsters
8. Henin
9. Capriati
10. Dementieva

ViceUltramontain
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:14 PM
Now I've seen everything in this thread.

Trickle
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:18 PM
at the end of the day Venus won the most titles at Wimbledon and will be remembered as the best grasscourt player of her generation and her sister is right there behind her...in singles and doubles:bounce:

you opened an acct to post this crap

WHAT?!!! I opened this account back in JUNE, so how the hell did I open an account just to post something?

Oh my god, a negative REP for that comment?!!!

OVERSENSITIVE MUCH? I love VENUS! I was making a joke that if Venus is the grasscourt leader of this generation (WHICH SHE IS) than Pironkova should get an HM because she beat Venus two times in a row. It was a joke!

There was no need to negative rep me, have you seen my post history? I post like a normal poster.

Now because of YOU , everyone is going to think I'm some type of TROLL poster. GEESUS. :rolleyes:

ViceUltramontain
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:20 PM
WHAT?!!! I opened this account back in JUNE, so how the hell did I open an account just to post something?

Oh my god, a negative REP for that comment?!!!

OVERSENSITIVE MUCH? I love VENUS! I was making a joke that if Venus is the grasscourt leader of this generation (WHICH SHE IS) than Pironkova should get an HM because she beat Venus two times in a row. It was a joke!

There was no need to negative rep me, have you seen my post history? I post like a normal poster.

Now because of YOU , everyone is going to think I'm some type of TROLL poster. GEESUS. :rolleyes:

Calm down. It's just ZODIAC.

The Dawntreader
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Kvitova is not part of the Serena generation so doesnt belong on the list. Also anyone putting Henin above Clijsters on grass is just dumb.

Based on what? :spit:

Betten
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:21 PM
How exactly is Kvitova part of Serena's generation? Serena's nine years her senior :lol:!

ViceUltramontain
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:24 PM
The best thing is Capriati and Kvitova put in the same generation despite having 14 years between them. Capriati was slam semifinalist when Petra was not even born (or almost)

Clijsters28
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Based on what? :spit:

Clijsters is way better than Henin on any surface except clay. Only a troll would say otherwise. You should start a poll on better grass courter between Henin and Clijsters. Clijsters would end up way ahead just like she is on the hard court poll.

ViceUltramontain
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Clijsters is way better than Henin on any surface except clay. Only a troll would say otherwise. You should start a poll on better grass courter between Henin and Clijsters. Clijsters would end up way ahead just like she is on the hard court poll.

Kim is already hated enough these days on TF. She definitely doesn't need her haters to create double accounts just to try to create a fake Kim-hype or something. So, STFU.

Clijsters28
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Kim is the most underrated player on this forum and Sharapova the most overrated. It is disgusting how people try to discredit Kim and inflated Sharapova.

J4m3ka
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:33 PM

:spit:

http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/658-not-sure-if-serious.jpg

doomsday
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:36 PM

Like he said based on what ?

Clijsters28
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:38 PM
An in form Clijsters had too much power for Henin on grass. The end.

Craig.
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:40 PM

Clijsters having too much POWER on grass? :hysteric: I think I've read it all really.

vixter
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:41 PM

Of course, that is why Justine has never lost to Clijsters on grass, except for their last meeting in 2010 which quite honestly lacks relevance.:help:

Holdsworth
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:42 PM
Another clown :lol: What if (tea) .. Is it you ??

ViceUltramontain
Of course, that is why Justine has never lost a set to Clijsters on grass, except for their last meeting in 2010 which quite honestly lacks relevance.:help:

H2H is 3/2 on grass for Henin. But it's not the problem anyway. It's a troll, no need to feed him.

KBdoubleu
A wildcard who defeated Na Li(French Open champion) on her way. And Maria got Venus in 2005, 2007 and then Serena in 2010 and all those years they ended up winning the title.

I know that. My point was that it's not ridiculous to rank Mauresmo ahead of Sharapova on grass. The only thing Sharapova really has over Mauresmo is that one final - but Sharapova's road to that final was very easy. Sharapova is the only player to reach a slam final without any top 15 victories since Clijsters' French Open final appearance in '03. Mauresmo would have almost certainly reached the final given the form she had getting to her own semis with Sharapova's draw this year.

vixter
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:46 PM
H2H is 3/2 on grass for Henin. But it's not the problem anyway. It's a troll, no need to feed him.

Ah ok, won't feed. :)

It's correct but I chose to not count the match where Justine retired, where Justine had won the first set anyway.

matthias
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:47 PM
omg - just checked the profile of this troll, i thought it´s maybe a 12yrs old kid, but he is 34 :facepalm:

mauresmofan
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:48 PM
1 Navratilova (she played a Wimbledon during the Serena era and with 9 titles no arguing she's the best)
2 Graf as she too did play during the "Serena generation"
3 Venus
4 Serena
5 Novotna (won in 1998 the year Serena made her debut at Wimbledon)
6 Davenport
7 Mauresmo
8 Sharapova
9 Kvitova (has the potential to win 5+ Wimbledons and I don't make such statements lightly)
10 Hingis

doomsday
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:57 PM
I know that. My point was that it's not ridiculous to rank Mauresmo ahead of Sharapova on grass. The only thing Sharapova really has over Mauresmo is that one final - but Sharapova's road to that final was very easy. Sharapova is the only player to reach a slam final without any top 15 victories since Clijsters' French Open final appearance in '03. Mauresmo would have almost certainly reached the final given the form she had getting to her own semis with Sharapova's draw this year.

No her road wasn't very easy, Lisicki on grass is IMO top 5 this year after WS, Sharapova and Kvitova plus she had won Birmingham the previous week. Don't you understand that rankings don't mean anything today, are you going to give more credit to Cibulkova just because she defeated the world N1, give me a break.

TuxedoSlam
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Who is better than them? Clijsters, Dementieva, Zvonareva? No.

Kim has better stats than Bartoli on grass

:J:

Holdsworth
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:04 PM
No her road wasn't very easy, Lisicki on grass is IMO top 5 this year after WS, Sharapova and Kvitova plus she had won Birmingham the previous week. Don't you understand that rankings don't mean anything today, are you going to give more credit to Cibulkova just because she defeated the world N1, give me a break.
In the semifinal Lisicki played like #500-600.. Martha had the easiest GS draw for the last at least 10 years. No doubt.

Kairi
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:05 PM
Another clown :lol: What if (tea) .. Is it you ??

A troll with a plan :hearts: backup fake accounts for his fake account...brilliant....btw, u still haven't told us who you were/really are Holdsworth :oh:

doomsday
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:08 PM
In the semifinal Lisicki played like #500-600.. Martha had the easiest GS draw for the last at least 10 years. No doubt.

Shut up.

Holdsworth
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:11 PM
Shut up.
It is just a fact.. sorry :hug:

Kairi
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:11 PM

:haha:

ZODIAC
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:21 PM
An in form Clijsters had too much power for Henin on grass. The end.at least Henin reached the finals something that Kim failed to do all her career.:tape:

justineheninfan
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:31 PM
Kim has better stats than Bartoli on grass

:J:

Not at Wimbledon. Bartoli has a Wimbledon final and wins over Serena and Henin (real version) at Wimbledon. Both have won Eastborne once. Anything else isnt important really. Kim has reached the semis once more, but who did she beat to reach those semis, Sylvia Farina in 3 sets?

BartoliBabes
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:40 PM

:help:

doomsday
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Not at Wimbledon. Bartoli has a Wimbledon final and wins over Serena and Henin (real version) at Wimbledon. Both have won Eastborne once. Anything else isnt important really. Kim has reached the semis once more, but who did she beat to reach those semis, Sylvia Farina in 3 sets?

:lol:

justineheninfan
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:43 PM
Kim's biggest wins at Wimbledon are a nowhere near her prime Li Na, Farina, and Henin in the match she suffered a career ending injury and couldnt even extend her arm properly. Based on that alone Bartoli goes ahead of her, plus Bartoli's Wimbledon final result of course (and that both have won Eastborne).

I noticed someone ranked Clijsters over Capriati on grass. That is even funnier. I wont even bother on that Clijsterstard poster.

ElusiveChanteuse
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:47 PM
1- Venus
2- Serena
3- Davenport
4- Mauresmo
5- Kvitova
6- Henin
7- Sharapova
8- Hingis
9. Bartoli
10. Pironkova (beating the current generation best grass player on the surface twice in a row sure means something).:oh:

ViceUltramontain
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Kim also beat Tauziat in Wimbledon in 2000 and Tauziat was a good grass court player and was number 7.

justineheninfan
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:51 PM
Kim also beat Tauziat in Wimbledon in 2000 and Tauziat was a good grass court player and was number 7.

OK but still pales in comparision to Bartoli's biggest wins at Wimbledon. For the record I cant stand Bartoli (has nothing to do with her beating Henin at Wimbledon either, I never liked her since she first came on the scene), and would have previously said her 2007 Wimbledon showing was a fluke, but her performance on grass last year showed it clearly wasnt.

buscemi
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:53 PM

1a- Venus
1b- Serena
3- Davenport
4- Mauresmo
5- Sharapova
6- Henin
7- Hingis
9. Capriati
10. Bartoli

Pretty tough to argue with anything here besides Kvitova maybe deserving a higher placement, which I'm sure she will more than earn after a few more years. Clijsters should probably be #11, and then...?

J4m3ka
Dec 17th, 2011, 08:27 PM
1 - Venus
2 - Serena
3 - Lindsay

I find it hard to continue the list here. Sharapova, Mauresmo, Henin and now Kvitova would be my next picks in any order.

8 - Hingis
9 - Bartoli
10 - Capriati / Kim

Ryan
Dec 17th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Venus
Serena
Lindsay
Mauresmo
Sharapova
Hingis
Kvitova
Henin
Capriati
Clijsters

ZODIAC
Dec 17th, 2011, 08:47 PM
Serena's generation is non-existent term. To me it was Sharapova's generation. Kim's generation. Never Serena's one.

She is barely even in top 10 of grass court players of recent 10 years.
Serena and Venus own this period 2000-present how about that....when did pova ever define a generation:confused:from 2000-2010 it was all Williams at Wimbledon unless you have selective amnesia.:p

bandabou
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Ah the Sharapova era...did it even really get started?! :lol:

justineheninfan
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:48 PM
Ah the Sharapova era...did it even really get started?! :lol:

2004 Wimbledon, 2006 U.S Open, and 2008 Australian Open which each dubbed as its official kickoff. Each time was a misread however.

In fairness to Maria to win 3 slams and regularly contend and go deep at nearly every slam while the womens game was still very strong was impressive. If she were playing at her 2004-2008 level it probably would be the Maria era right now with the weak WTA. She peaked at the wrong time (every decent player in history who never dominated is probably watching the WTA the last 2 or 3 years and thinking that though).

Pump-it-UP
Dec 17th, 2011, 11:27 PM
1. Venus
2. Serena
3. Lindsay
4. Amelie
5. Maria
6. Petra
7. Justine
8. Legend
9. Marion
10. Kim

Trickle
Dec 18th, 2011, 12:03 AM
W-L RATIO % GRASS COURT TITLES BEST WIMBLEDON PERFORMANCE

Serena 63-9 87.5% WIMBLEDON 2002, 2003, 2009, 2010 W(4)
Venus 73-13 84.8% WIMBLEDON 2000, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008 W(5)
Maria 65-13 83.3% WIMBLEDON 2004, BIRMINGHAM 2004, 2005 W(1)
Justine 53-11 82.8% EASTBOURNE 2006, 2007, HERTOGENBOSCH 2001, 2010 F
Lindsay 49-12 80.3% WIMBLEDON 1999, EASTBOURNE 2001 W(1)
Kim 47-14 77.0% EASTBOURNE 2005 SF
Martina 26-8 76.4% WIMBLEDON 1997, HERTOGENBOSCH 2000 W(1)
Jennifer 29-10 74.3% NONE SF
Petra 16-6 72.7% WIMBLEDON 2011 W(1)
Amelie 44-19 69.8% WIMBLEDON 2006 W(1)
Vera 31-15 67.3% BIRMINGHAM 2006 F
Elena 43-21 67.1% NONE SF
Marion 45-23 66.1% EASTBOURNE 2011 F

Here are some statistics. This is not counting level of competition and era.

ExtremespeedX
Dec 18th, 2011, 12:17 AM

:happy:

Matt01
Dec 18th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Here are some statistics. This is not counting level of competition and era.

Amélie :spit: