PDA

View Full Version : Ana wants to get to know fellow players...and talk about fashion.

BikezAreForever!
Dec 16th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Just read an interview with Ana (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/girls-need-to-lighten-up-ana-ivanovic/story-e6frf9if-1226222622993).

"Maybe we (women) would perform much better if we could relax a little more and let it go.

"The things with men's tennis is that it's set up a bit differently and I feel it's more relaxed. They just don't seem to stress about the small things.

Ivanovic nominated Romanian rival Sorana Cirstea as her best friend on tour, but wished the atmosphere was more conducive to getting to know other females better on a personal level.

"The key is trying to find a balance and men seem to do that better," she said. "I think the guys do hang out more - they spend more time together than the girls do.

"It might be hard for us to support each other because the tour can be very competitive. Maybe it's getting a bit better than when I started. The girls are a bit more relaxed, but it's still not the same as the men's side of things.

"Novak for example, he hangs out with a lot of the guys.

"It's a shame in a way. We spend so much time together on tour throughout the year. We travel and work together.

"But we don't get to know each other or spend a lot of time as people or have girls' talk about fashion or whatever."

I thought that players do practice together (with few exceptions, of course), therefore are rather friendly. So I am rather surprised what Ana was saying. Also, not sure whether all of them want to talk fashion.

Bismarck.
Dec 16th, 2011, 06:37 PM
Ivanovic nominated Romanian rival Sorana Cirstea as her best friend on tour

Poor Sofia.

Mynarco
Dec 16th, 2011, 06:38 PM
Poor Sofia.

tweet this to her and see how she replies :lol:

GAGAlady
Dec 16th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Just read an interview with Ana (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/girls-need-to-lighten-up-ana-ivanovic/story-e6frf9if-1226222622993).

I thought that players do practice together (with few exceptions, of course), therefore are rather friendly. So I am rather surprised what Ana was saying. Also, not sure whether all of them want to talk fashion.

I think that' the wta tour has a bit of a responsibility in a way in regards to this. The tour in marketed in a way that fosters these stupid rivalries instead of showcasing girls working hard together as a group to make something of themselves. It's catty and it's drama. Ana is right . But it's up to the players to make the effort too maybe she isnt as friendly as she says but it would be nice to see them all as one unit .

GAGAlady
Dec 16th, 2011, 06:45 PM
And it doesn't help that tennis fans are morons that like picking one player of another and bashing them for there
Looks or some
Random thing they said. Lol the players pick up on that I'm sure

young_gunner913
Dec 16th, 2011, 06:47 PM
The reason that the girls don't hang out is because all women hate each other. They'll deny it to the end of time but we all know the truth. :lol:

Mary Cherry.
Dec 16th, 2011, 06:57 PM
The reason that the girls don't hang out is because all women hate each other. They'll deny it to the end of time but we all know the truth. :lol:

This :lol: Except I'm not denying it, in fact I'm agreeing :oh:

I'm guessing with the girls on tour there will be a tendency to be even more hostile towards other players just because there's a lot more at stake in their everyday lives. There's not much they can do about it, it's just human nature.

miffedmax
Dec 16th, 2011, 07:12 PM
Meh. I think that some of it's the fact it's the women's tour, and some of it comes down to personalities and the slightly bizarre life these women lead. I think in some ways they don't go through some of the socializing processes (normal school life, hanging out with friends, etc.) because they spend all their time with coaches and parents practicing and going to tournaments. (Yes, guys do it to, but I think the leash is often a little looser on a son than a daughter. Not saying it's fair or right, but I see it even at juniors. 16-year-old boys show up alone, girls show up with parents in tow).

Some players seem to universally liked, though, like Sveta, and the Polish Posse and the Russian Mafia also seemed to get along as a large groups of friends.

Ana's always bitching about this, but maybe she's just an introvert who's only going to have a few close friends around her. I think TOB is certainly that way, and Venus, too (just to show I'm not picking on Ana). There's nothing wrong with being an introvert and only having one or two really close friends on the tour.

Lena's bangs.

LoLex
Dec 16th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Is she drunk or what?

tennisbum79
Dec 16th, 2011, 07:57 PM

Ana should go on to a Fashion career while she is still fresh.
WTA is a competitive, individual, sport, with highly motivated, competitive athletes.
The locker room is not a a beauty salon where women go to catch up on the latest fashion buzz.

currie84
Dec 16th, 2011, 08:09 PM
She keeps on mentioning how she can't befriend anyone on tour on every interview she gives.Poor Ana must feel really lonely :awww:

tennisbum79
Dec 16th, 2011, 08:14 PM
She keeps on mentioning how she can't befriend anyone on tour on every interview she gives.Poor Ana must feel really lonely :awww:
I thought she craves men companionship. I have seen a few pictures of her on the practice court with the top ATP men during major events.

Could it be she just can't stand being by herself for a few moments?

ZODIAC
Dec 16th, 2011, 09:58 PM
charity begins at home...she should start by inviting JJ and Bojana to her casa in Mallorca.

Yoncé
Dec 16th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Ivanovic nominated Romanian rival Sorana Cirstea as her best friend on tour

I don't know why but I imagined this as an episode of The Bachelor, and Ana had 'nominated' Sorana to be her best friend by giving her the rose.

Also I think this all comes down to Ana, she doesn't exactly have the best personality to talk to, have a conversation with or anything. She's just like Karen Smith.

Siderophyre
Dec 16th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Fashion? FASHION? Ana, love, real "girls' talk" is about sex not fucking fashion.

Ralph214
Dec 16th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Who on earth would want to be a friend of ANA?! :weirdo:

sav001
Dec 16th, 2011, 11:11 PM
^ What a mean thing to say

Who would want to be friends with a person who is judgemental and puts people down?

ivanban
Dec 16th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Who on earth would want to be a friend of ANA?! :weirdo:

Awkwardsson :shrug:

Cajka
Dec 17th, 2011, 01:52 AM
Fashion? FASHION? Ana, love, real "girls' talk" is about sex not fucking fashion.

I never talk about sex with my friends. It's not that every single woman wants to be Carrie fucking Bradshaw. :rolleyes:

And I wouldn't take Ana seriously. She doesn't look like someone who cares too much about friendships with other players. And it's not that she should.

Pops Maellard
Dec 17th, 2011, 03:26 AM
Ana's delightful and any player who's not friends with her is missing out :yeah:.

miffedmax
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:30 AM
I never talk about sex with my friends. It's not that every single woman wants to be Carrie fucking Bradshaw. :rolleyes:

And I wouldn't take Ana seriously. She doesn't look like someone who cares too much about friendships with other players. And it's not that she should.

This message...

http://www.peoples.ru/sport/tennis/dementieva/dementieva_-5.jpg

makes the Virgin and her mother smile!

(Wait...you don't discuss sex with your friends because you don't know anything about it, right? Otherwise this approval may have to be retracted...) ;)

Yoncé
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:12 AM

:eek: You're talkin bout sex :oh:

Oh and if I was a woman every conversation would find its way down the sex path :lol:

kman
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:38 AM
Caroline is friends with half the tour it seems.

And poor Ana is so lonely :(

Brad[le]y.
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:48 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :hysteric:

Stonerpova
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Ana :awww:

You can go out and make friends after you start winning matches again.

BikezAreForever!
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:56 AM

I thought you were banned....

kman
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:11 AM
I thought you were banned....

Why would I be banned?

debby
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:13 AM
Why would I be banned?

Because there is a conspiracy against Karolina fans :crying2: Tea, one of the most eminent Karolina fans, has been permabanned :sobbing: It is so unfair !

PushWoz
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Ana and Caroline should become friends.
Ana can teach Caroline how to hit a forehand and Caroline can teach Ana how to hit a backhand.

debby
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:16 AM

No1curr about Wozniacka.

BikezAreForever!
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Ana can teach Caroline how to hit a forehand and Caroline can teach Ana how to hit a backhand.

Also they can talk about what to wear at golf tournaments. ;)

BikezAreForever!
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Also, does anybody know whether JJ and Ana are good friends? Considering the same roots, they may have a lot in common.

ZODIAC
Dec 17th, 2011, 11:45 AM
she is silly...who cares about her on tour,she is the joke of the lockerroom.She should focus on herself and try to reach at least the qtrs of a slam in 2012...pova doesnt have friends and is not complaining,JJ doesnt have friends and is not complaining.I think she is already bored with Adam....I hope Kirilenko takes Adam from her and then she will know that she doesnt need friends on tour.

sav001
Dec 17th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Also, does anybody know whether JJ and Ana are good friends? Considering the same roots, they may have a lot in common.

No they are not, Ana once stated that her and JJ don't really hang out because they have pretty much nothing in common. Apart from the country they're from that is. Also who could forget the infamous Madrid match they played last year where JJ openly mocked Anas fist pumping.

Cajka
Dec 17th, 2011, 11:59 AM
she is silly...who cares about her on tour,she is the joke of the lockerroom.She should focus on herself and try to reach at least the qtrs of a slam in 2012...pova doesnt have friends and is not complaining,JJ doesnt have friends and is not complaining.I think she is already bored with Adam....I hope Kirilenko takes Adam from her and then she will know that she doesnt need friends on tour.

:haha:

:hug: Poor thing. :sad: Those voices are getting louder, aren't they?! :awww:

BikezAreForever!
Dec 17th, 2011, 12:01 PM
No they are not, Ana once stated that her and JJ don't really hang out because they have pretty much nothing in common. Apart from the country they're from that is. Also who could forget the infamous Madrid match they played last year where JJ openly mocked Anas fist pumping.
Thanks. I also looked it up and looks like they are not on speaking terms.

Cajka
Dec 17th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Thanks. I also looked it up and looks like they are not on speaking terms.

They are simply not friends, but that's it. There's no hate or something. They always act normal during the FC matches.

http://dailychuckle.typepad.com/.a/6a00e54ee7a84388330120a86bbbd9970b-450wi

http://www.wtnphotos.com/data/655/4877d382d38160aa563880552d824f7e-getty-tennis-fed-cup-srb-jpn-ivanovic-jankovic.jpg

http://www.ontennis.com/files/imagecache/image_450/files/images/ana-ivanovic-jelena-jankovic-fed-cup-feb09-07.JPG

http://i.usatoday.net/sports/gallery/2009/02/06/s090206_fedcup.jpg

Bismarck.
Dec 17th, 2011, 12:22 PM
They are simply not friends, but that's it. There's no hate or something. They always act normal during the FC matches.

Hasn't the media taught you anything? Two highly-paid, professional females in the same environment are required to despise each other.

Cajka
Dec 17th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Hasn't the media taught you anything? Two highly-paid, professional females in the same environment are required to despise each other.

:spit: I forgot about that.

The fanbases have a big part there too. My friend works as a teacher in an elementary school and once in the middle of the class someone mentioned Ana or JJ and the kids started arguing about them. My friend was like: WTF?! :weirdo: And the fights on Serbian forums are unbelievable. It's worse than anything you've ever seen on this board, I would put all those people in some asylum.

Gadis Desa
Dec 17th, 2011, 12:45 PM
someone please post that gif where ana laughs and elena just like euwww

Melange
Dec 17th, 2011, 01:18 PM

they can talk about has Adam Scott passed his peak and will never win a major

PushWoz
Dec 17th, 2011, 01:21 PM
they can talk about has Adam Scott passed his peak and will never win a major

>insert Pedobear gifs<

Kworb
Dec 17th, 2011, 01:26 PM
They all get along fine. :shrug: Ana is just that typical annoying girl who always wants to get involved but is always excluded.

antonella
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:08 PM
If she wants a friend, why doesn't she just get a little doggie.:dog:

She'll have a close-listener for her fashion commentary.

Mynarco
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:14 PM

Get a chihuahua...

wait a minute...

ZODIAC
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:22 PM

She'll have a close-listener for her fashion commentary.she definitely needs friends to give her fashion tips because her dress sense stinks:rolleyes:

pav
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:55 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v664/kahu/sheep.jpg
Some might misunderstand a little doggy.

JAS_
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Ana should go on to a Fashion career while she is still fresh.
WTA is a competitive, individual, sport, with highly motivated, competitive athletes.
The locker room is not a a beauty salon where women go to catch up on the latest fashion buzz.

This.
Ana really doesn't stand competition very well. Ever since she won RG, she has been avoiding or melting in high pressure situations.
It's a mistery to me now how she won RG.

JAS_
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:08 PM

Here's the thing I don't get. You have made so many statements about the lockerroom on this board, I am wondering how the F do you know. Are you the cleaning lady or what? :lol:
Fess up, does your name rhyme with Shamena Schmilliams?

ZODIAC
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:28 PM
Here's the thing I don't get. You have made so many statements about the lockerroom on this board, I am wondering how the F do you know. Are you the cleaning lady or what? :lol:
Fess up, does your name rhyme with Shamena Schmilliams?its an open secret that no one respects Ana in the lockeroom...have you ever listened to her talking:rolleyesshe sounds so silly....even JJ mocked her with that fist pump....she should stop adje adje all over the place before she starts looking for friends.

Curtos07
Dec 17th, 2011, 07:20 PM
its an open secret that no one respects Ana in the lockeroom...have you ever listened to her talking:rolleyesshe sounds so silly....even JJ mocked her with that fist pump....she should stop adje adje all over the place before she starts looking for friends.

Obvious troll is obvious.

JAS_
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:05 PM
Fess up, does your name rhyme with Shamena Schmilliams?
its an open secret that no one respects Ana in the lockeroom...have you ever listened to her talking:rolleyesshe sounds so silly....even JJ mocked her with that fist pump....she should stop adje adje all over the place before she starts looking for friends.

Wait, you badrepped me for this comment??? :haha: :haha:

:help::tape::bolt:

Is it because of Shamena Schmilliams? :lol:
Seriously, some tennis fans as really somethin'
(and by "really somethin'" I mean "seriously deranged") :cuckoo:

Sammo
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:07 PM
God she's so dumb.

Curtos07
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:38 PM
God she's so dumb.

How exactly is she dumb? Your posts are dumb.

Cajka
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Obvious troll is obvious.

Trolling is out of his reach unfortunately. :awww: This poor soul can only repeat things like: "Ana yells adje, she hates black people and other players hate her." It's not even trolling.

ZODIAC
Dec 18th, 2011, 01:36 AM
God she's so dumb.:tape:I dont know why I being picked on because she went as far as to say the Serbian men dont respect their women like Adam Scott...she doesnt appreciate her contrymen..

Curtos07
Dec 18th, 2011, 02:03 AM
:tape:I dont know why I being picked on because she went as far as to say the Serbian men dont respect their women like Adam Scott...she doesnt appreciate her contrymen..

Seriously dude, quit trolling.

Nicolás89
Dec 18th, 2011, 02:26 AM
Ana seems like such a nice girl you would she'd have a lot of friends on tour. :lol:

ZODIAC
Dec 18th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Seriously dude, quit trolling.
read her article from the heraldsun .au she said it herself:p:rolleyes:

Yoncé
Dec 18th, 2011, 11:01 AM
How exactly is she dumb? Your posts are dumb.

Because she can hardly finish a sentence with out giggling. She doesn't appear to be the sharpest Christian in the bible, I don't know if she's shy or not as confident in speaking English or what it is but she comes off as not being very smart.

ivanban
Dec 18th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Because she can hardly finish a sentence with out giggling. She doesn't appear to be the sharpest Christian in the bible, I don't know if she's shy or not as confident in speaking English or what it is but she comes off as not being very smart.

She speaks serbian the same way :shrug:

Yoncé
Dec 18th, 2011, 11:46 AM
She speaks serbian the same way :shrug:

I've never heard her speak Serbian :lol:

Emina.
Dec 18th, 2011, 12:04 PM

I like Ana a lot because she seems so friendly and a really nice girl, but I have to say I'd be totally bored with a bf like Adam Scott too. That's for sure.:o :tape:

JAS_
Dec 18th, 2011, 12:13 PM

Please. It's not her fault brilliant people are often misunderstood.

"Adam has been really helpful for me," she said.

"In the last few years, we've both been through a lot and he's now getting back to the top.

"He can help me with advice and support to get where I want to be."

:facepalm::hysteric:

Gadis Desa
Dec 18th, 2011, 12:19 PM
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i241/ivanban/AnaiDementieva.gif

Cajka
Dec 18th, 2011, 12:30 PM

And which one of them seems to be very smart? Please. :rolleyes: