PDA

View Full Version : USTA AO Wildcard Playoff R1: Gail Brodsky d. [3] Melanie Oudin 6-4, 4-6, 6-4

AjdeNate!
Dec 16th, 2011, 05:11 PM
Woot!

No trip down under for Melanie. I hadn't seen her play in ages. And I have to report, she looks very out of shape and her game hasn't changed a minute. Is she just stuck in the rut of remembering her 09 US run and not moving forward?

Hurley
Dec 16th, 2011, 05:13 PM
:o :o :o

TheBoiledEgg
Dec 16th, 2011, 05:14 PM
:happy:
yes Gail :woohoo:

Fighterpova
Dec 16th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Always nice to see her lose :)

spiceboy
Dec 16th, 2011, 05:18 PM
No trip down under for Melanie.

So she is not even trying qualies? :facepalm:

Melange
Dec 16th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Lets go Melanie qualify.

young_gunner913
Dec 16th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Congrats Gail. :) Mels... :shrug:

Stay bitter.

ivanban
Dec 16th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Stay bitter.

We will :wavey:

darrinbaker00
Dec 16th, 2011, 05:28 PM

Why?

miffedmax
Dec 16th, 2011, 05:28 PM
I thought the same thing when I saw her in Dallas last August--out of shape, movement terrible.

I'm no Oudin fan, but her team did a very bad job of managing things for her (and yes, at 17 you still need advice from coaches, parents, etc.). Unfortunate, really, as I would love to hate on her if she was playing up to her potential and hanging around the Top 50. She definitely inspires either love or hate with casual fans, and we need players like that.

Lena's bangs.

Fighterpova
Dec 16th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Stay bitter.
I'm not bitter at all :shrug:

Why?
Because I don't like her. I hate her playing style and she is probably one of the worst players I've ever seen play tennis :lol:

young_gunner913
Dec 16th, 2011, 05:34 PM
Why?

She beat Sharapova at the 2009 USO. :shrug: I don't get Maria fans have such a raging hate for her, if they should be mad at anyone, it should be Maria for playing like crap.

Sombrerero loco
Dec 16th, 2011, 05:36 PM
please retire mel

darrinbaker00
Dec 16th, 2011, 05:40 PM
I'm not bitter at all :shrug:

Because I don't like her. I hate her playing style and she is probably one of the worst players I've ever seen play tennis :lol:

If Melanie Oudin is one of the worst players you've ever seen, you obviously don't watch a lot of tennis.

ptkten
Dec 16th, 2011, 05:48 PM
While I'm happy for Gail, it's just shocking how bad things have gotten for Melanie :o

Mynarco
Dec 16th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Shoedin :lol:

Consigliere
Dec 16th, 2011, 06:04 PM
melanie is a musclegirl, not out of shape at all.

hope she comes for ao qualies.

lang26
Dec 16th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Sad. :o Stick to double Oudin maybe U and Jack sock will win AO double

dybbuk
Dec 16th, 2011, 06:22 PM
melanie is a musclegirl, not out of shape at all.

hope she comes for ao qualies.

This is so wrong. She has clearly been out of shape for the past year. All you have to look at is her belly which has been bulging for the past 12 months far more than it was a couple years ago.

mistymore
Dec 16th, 2011, 06:31 PM
What is bad is she has gotten well out of shape. You cant be a mini sized ball basher and be out of shape. The U.S Open was the worst thing that ever happened to her. It made her think she was da bomb or something when she still had alot of work to do. She was not that great yet.

Sabinator.
Dec 16th, 2011, 06:34 PM
I wonder if she still believe? :confused:

I feel sorry for her.

BuTtErFrEnA
Dec 16th, 2011, 06:42 PM
*snicker*

Melange
Dec 16th, 2011, 06:43 PM
I wonder if she still believe? :confused:

I feel sorry for her.

Just believe

mistymore
Dec 16th, 2011, 06:44 PM
What happened to the big forehand from 2009.

Mary Cherry.
Dec 16th, 2011, 06:45 PM
Oudone.

BuTtErFrEnA
Dec 16th, 2011, 06:49 PM
What happened to the big forehand from 2009.

it became patriotic :)

Fighterpova
Dec 16th, 2011, 07:09 PM
If Melanie Oudin is one of the worst players you've ever seen, you obviously don't watch a lot of tennis.
:worship:
Really?:lol: Is that the best you've got? :rolleyes:

I'm not gonna argue with you though, you're not worth my time & attention anymore.:wavey:

deliverance.
Dec 16th, 2011, 07:13 PM
Predictable.

CoryAnnAvants#1
Dec 16th, 2011, 07:15 PM
I don't understand how Melanie could still be so out of shape. All of the girls playing in this have been taking part in a USTA training camp since early November. A friend of mine is part of that camp and she said they did NOTHING but fitness for the first three weeks.

Either way, losing to Brodsky does not bode well for 2012.

Galang
Dec 16th, 2011, 07:16 PM
As a Maria stan I did sort of revel in Melanie's failure for a bit, but now I really feel sorry for her. Just so sad :sad:

MisterMan
Dec 16th, 2011, 07:32 PM
We don't hate her for beating Maria. We hate her for fistpumping and yelling 'come on' when her opponents miss a shot.
She has not earned that diva title yet, so she cant act like it.

miffedmax
Dec 16th, 2011, 07:32 PM
I don't understand how Melanie could still be so out of shape. All of the girls playing in this have been taking part in a USTA training camp since early November. A friend of mine is part of that camp and she said they did NOTHING but fitness for the first three weeks.

Either way, losing to Brodsky does not bode well for 2012.

Yes, but if the player isn't committed to the regimen, it doesn't matter-assuming Mel had to show up, you can slack off during exercise routines, put yourself of the "Vika Diet" and otherwise undo whatever good your fitness training is supposed to be doing.

The delusional expectations, the divorce, the failure of anybody to do whatever had to be done to jolt her back to reality a couple years ago when she started running her mouth... it's a mess.

Lena's bangs.

matty
Dec 16th, 2011, 07:37 PM

:lol:

young_gunner913
Dec 16th, 2011, 07:38 PM
We don't hate her for beating Maria. We hate her for fistpumping and yelling 'come on' when her opponents miss a shot.
She has not earned that diva title yet, so she cant act like it.

:spit: That is just utterly ridiculous. You can't say who is allowed to fistpump and who isn't based on accomplishments.

Vincey!
Dec 16th, 2011, 07:43 PM
I saw the end of the match and Mel was very bad AND she has gainned some weight she really needs to get her fitness back. It sure is not helping her game, and she almost looked like she didn't care after the match. She doesn't seem like she believes, that's for sure.

bobbynorwich
Dec 16th, 2011, 09:06 PM
Makes you wonder if Melanie isn't a "one hit wonder." She's got a lot of determination, but maybe she's not big enough to compete with the larger women.

Jane Lane
Dec 17th, 2011, 03:23 AM
Makes you wonder if Melanie isn't a "one hit wonder." She's got a lot of determination, but maybe she's not big enough to compete with the larger women.

I disagree. I don't think she's determined at all; she's deluded and got complacent . She figured that one fluke run was going to put her on easy street and she wouldn't have to work or improve to stay where she was. Girls at the highest level are constantly improving; she's regressed.

Henin was her size. But you can't argue with the determination she had to be the best. Cibulkova is even smaller, but she works her butt off to maximize what she has, and arguably competes very well with the "larger women."

Pops Maellard
Dec 17th, 2011, 03:33 AM
Time to lay off Oudin. It's no fun bashing a dead horse.

There's obviously some sort of underlying issue here as to why she's sucked so bad since for two years now. This is clearly more than just a slump.

iGOAT
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:13 AM
I've seen Gail play and it was not impressive :tape:.

Shoedin's life career is out of control at this point :help:.

Belmont Lad
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Believe!! :lol:

thegreendestiny
Dec 17th, 2011, 07:04 AM
That Brodsky girl definitely saved WTA in her own little way. :bounce:

Oudin should just quit tennis and open up her own dog shop.

burn
Dec 17th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Mel :facepalm:

Monzanator
Dec 17th, 2011, 01:42 PM
One Slam wonder status firmly confirmed :shrug:

ElusiveChanteuse
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:10 PM
still no idea how she could slay the Russians in a row at the USO years back.:oh:

Monzanator
Dec 18th, 2011, 06:13 AM
She really believed she can do it back then, simple :shrug:

Stonerpova
Dec 18th, 2011, 07:35 AM
As a Maria stan I did sort of revel in Melanie's failure for a bit, but now I really feel sorry for her. Just so sad :sad:

This.

Monzanator
Dec 18th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Well, I can't say that about Oudin. It has nothing to do with her beating Sharapova, but I always find it repulsive when a one event wonder is suddenly touted as the next best thing. Oudin has received much more publicity then the likes of McHale and Stephens and quite frankly I can't say her having a better career then these two. In years to come everyone will be still talking about USO 2009 and creating more "could have, would have" theories.

Joe.
Dec 18th, 2011, 11:31 AM
It's really sad :( Truth is, she was just never that good

AjdeNate!
Dec 18th, 2011, 02:11 PM
...Truth is, she was just never that good

This.

Monzanator
Dec 18th, 2011, 04:25 PM
It only took two years of constant slump for some to realize that Oudin was one-off? ;) Gotta read the USO 2009 thread again :lol:

Alwaysfan
Dec 19th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Oudin will retire soon

njnetswill
Dec 19th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Why wouldn't Oudin get hype after making a slam QF? She was a top junior, and juniors tend to get hyped. It's not like she was some journeywoman who mid-career suddenly got a hot streak.

Fucking Melvin.
Dec 20th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Oudin isn't as bad as many of you say. It's just something related to her "being focused": if she feels well (and I mean she finally understands she can be a good tennis player) she could have a respectful career. But if she goes on this way (and this happened because she got a great result too early for her skills), I suppose we will see her playing together with Linda Mair in some futures in Algeria http://www.writersdream.org/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/icon_trollface.png