PDA

View Full Version : Stosur sneaks into Singapore unnoticed and snubbed one fan!!!!!

ElusiveChanteuse
Dec 16th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Stosur slips into Singapore unnoticed
by Philip Goh Haw Hann 04:46 AM Dec 16, 2011
SINGAPORE - Samantha Stosur (picture) made a quiet entry into Singapore last night, so quiet she eluded the notice of the waiting media, tournament officials and lone fan who wanted to greet her.

The 27-year-old Australian somehow managed to find her way out through the glass doors of Gate 45-48 at Changi Airport's Terminal 3 and into a taxi, slipping the notice of everyone, including the official car waiting for her.

World No 6 Stosur is the reigning US Open women's singles champion, and is the headline act at this weekend's Singapore Women's Tennis Exhibition 2011, which will also feature Poland's Agnieszka Radwanska (8), China's Peng Shuai (17), Italy's Flavia Pennetta (20), Slovokia's Daniela Hantuchova (24) and Spain's Anabel Medina Garrigues.

This is the first international women's tennis event held here since Maria Sharapova and Anna Chakvetadze put on an exhibition match in late 2007, and while ticket sales have been slow for the two-day tennis weekend at the Singapore Indoor Stadium, organisers hope the arrival of Stosur and her five fellow WTA stars will ensure a healthy pick-up. Philip Goh
:eek: :worship: She could be the next bond girl or something.\

and :haha: @ this:
...so quiet she eluded the notice of the waiting media, tournament officials and lone fan who wanted to greet her.
:spit: I wonder who that is.:oh:
http://www.todayonline.com/Sports/EDC111216-0000083/Stosur-slips-into-Singapore-unnoticed

Credit to Viktorious.:oh:

Shadowcat
Dec 16th, 2011, 04:40 PM
Ben stole my idea! :(

Some credits please. :p

ElusiveChanteuse
Dec 16th, 2011, 04:41 PM
Ben stole my idea! :(

Some credits please. :p

:secret: it was my idea to post in GM.:oh: You only contributed the link but creditted you anyways.:oh:

Shadowcat
Dec 16th, 2011, 04:43 PM
:oh:

Thanks anyway.. :p

SAISAI-GOAT
Dec 16th, 2011, 05:13 PM
LOL Sam has 1 fan in Singapore :sobbing:

the true headliner of this event is Peng :bigwave:

Shadowcat
Dec 16th, 2011, 05:15 PM
Peng was the only one who bothered and kind enough to stay behind to have an autograph session.

Sammo
Dec 16th, 2011, 06:10 PM
2PBg7W7g0Jk

MarkNL
Dec 16th, 2011, 06:16 PM
Haha Spying Sam :)

atominside
Dec 16th, 2011, 06:34 PM
more like noone knew who she was :shrug:

danieln1
Dec 16th, 2011, 06:44 PM
Who was the fan????

Sammo? Kaz?

:haha:

ZODIAC
Dec 16th, 2011, 11:03 PM
no one cares..

Sammo
Dec 16th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Who was the fan????

Sammo? Kaz?

:haha:

I wished I was in Singapore now...

Mynarco
Dec 16th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Maybe people thought she was a beach volleyball player and let her go

tennisforadults
Dec 16th, 2011, 11:38 PM
What do Singaporeans know about tennis? :shrug: I say this as someone who's lived there for 10 years.

I bet the same would happen (1 fan) if Wozniacki, Kvitova or Azarenka shows up in Singapore. Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova may get a few more.

goat
Dec 16th, 2011, 11:54 PM
Such a non superstar. :lol:

The Kaz
Dec 17th, 2011, 12:03 AM
I wished I was in Singapore now...

Me too :awww:

I'll just have to wait for the Australian Open to see her :drool:

(Although I may be going to Hobart the week before aswell :banana:)

andy69
Dec 17th, 2011, 01:02 AM
to be honest stosur doesnt want to be popular because she likes her life the way it is she just travels around the world without barely being followed by the fans and thats the way she likes it,she has her own free will

stromatolite
Dec 17th, 2011, 01:07 AM
:eek: :worship: She could be the next bond girl or something.\

and :haha: @ this:

:spit: I wonder who that is.:oh:
http://www.todayonline.com/Sports/EDC111216-0000083/Stosur-slips-into-Singapore-unnoticed

Credit to Viktorious.:oh:

The thing is: Sam doesn't give a shit if people are not fawning over her every second of the day, unlike most of the attention junkies on the tour.

Shadowcat
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:40 AM
What do Singaporeans know about tennis? :shrug: I say this as someone who's lived there for 10 years.

I bet the same would happen (1 fan) if Wozniacki, Kvitova or Azarenka shows up in Singapore. Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova may get a few more.

This.

mandynyuna
Dec 17th, 2011, 02:56 PM
No one knows who she is here. But she definitely has more than 1 fan. I would have gone had I known when she would be arriving, as would many other tennis fans here (which is, very little as earlier mentioned by a few posters) There was so little fanfare over the tournament. Kudos to that lone fan though, made a 'Welcome Sam' banner for her too.

Theodoropen
Dec 17th, 2011, 03:16 PM
No one knows who she is here. But she definitely has more than 1 fan. I would have gone had I known when she would be arriving, as would many other tennis fans here (which is, very little as earlier mentioned by a few posters) There was so little fanfare over the tournament. Kudos to that lone fan though, made a 'Welcome Sam' banner for her too.

That sole fan. :hug:

Glad to hear Sam has a fan in you and a few others in Singapore. :wavey: Sorry to hear the tourney was so badly publicised though. In looked like there were only a dozen people in the stands in the Friday pics.

tripwires
Dec 17th, 2011, 03:31 PM
The crowd for Friday was horrible. It was so empty that I was freezing in the stupid stadium.

Sam isn't really well-known here but I think there's relatively low interest in the WTA compared to the ATP. Even my hard core tennis friends didn't buy tickets to this event.

tripwires
Dec 17th, 2011, 03:32 PM

Way to go to generalise, but whatever, carry on.

I'll be watching Sam tomorrow! My mom is excited. :)

gorecki
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:45 PM

When did you live there for 10 years? In the 1960's?

tennisforadults
Dec 17th, 2011, 11:26 PM
When did you live there for 10 years? In the 1960's?

No I lived there in the last decade and still go there every year.

I am sure tennis is growing in popularity in Singapore and there are dedicated fans out there... but it's just not on the sporting radar for most Singaporeans. Tennis will be lucky to get one spot in the papers filled with English Premier League news.

This may change with the exho and possible tour tournament next year. It will actually be nice to talk some tennis when I'm there to catch up with friends.