PDA

View Full Version : Dinara Safina: I won't play beginning of 2012 and I don't know if I'll play at all.

Julian.
Dec 16th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Dinara Safina (via Twitter): sorry i wont be playing in Aust.Open.... I won't be playing the beginning of the season and I don't now if I'll be playing at all... but thank u for all ur tweets,and all the support and all ur warm wishes that u send me.... love u all and I wish all of u a Merry X-Mass!!!!!!!! Xxx

:sad:

Alwaysfan
Dec 16th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Come back soon Safi

danieln1
Dec 16th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Noo, please comeback!!!!!

ElusiveChanteuse
Dec 16th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Poor Sanowa.:hug: Maybe she should take longer break and try again in the future if she feels the fire. She will not play well if she doesn't have any drive.

mauresmofan
Dec 16th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Poor Sanowa.:hug: Maybe she should take longer break and try again in the future if she feels the fire. She will not play well if she doesn't have any drive.

I don't think it's anything to do with hunger and drive. Her back pain looks absolutely crippling, it was horrible watching her play earlier on this year - she had ballooned in weight and couldn't even serve she looked in so much pain.

Julian.
Dec 16th, 2011, 12:47 PM

I think it has more to do with her chronic back problems instead of motivation/drive issues.

M.P
Dec 16th, 2011, 01:19 PM

you need to update your news :help:

aloeball
Dec 16th, 2011, 01:19 PM
Someone please donate their spine for Dinara's backbone transplant so I can see her back in action :(

brickhousesupporter
Dec 16th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Dinara is not coming back.......so if you are a fan of tall, blonde, lumbering, slavic, female tennis players, you better put your hopes into Maria, or pray that Nicole actually makes a comeback.

simonsaystennis
Dec 16th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Always sucks when a player is forced out of the game against their will :sad:

dany.p
Dec 16th, 2011, 02:31 PM
I thought Safina retired for good? If she's saying "I don't now if I'll be playing at all...", at least it leaves the door open for a comeback. Though from the sounds of the injury she has, this does seem unlikely.

Julian.
Dec 16th, 2011, 02:40 PM
I thought Safina retired for good? If she's saying "I don't now if I'll be playing at all...", at least it leaves the door open for a comeback. Though from the sounds of the injury she has, this does seem unlikely.

She denied that she retired for good.

dany.p
Dec 16th, 2011, 02:43 PM
She denied that she retired for good.

Oh, my bad.

justineheninfan
Dec 16th, 2011, 03:49 PM
If she ever comes back she would probably barely be a top 100 player. Physically she would never be 100% again even if she somewhat recovers, and once you lose all your career momentum you had built up past 25 it is too much to get back unless you are a supreme talent.

Leo St
Dec 16th, 2011, 04:41 PM
DS will pull a schiavone and win rg 2014

Adidas Dude
Dec 16th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Such a shame for Dinara. She got fit, she started playing at a higher level, and then it all just got taken away from her. At least she was somewhat able to live up to most of her potential, if not fully, and got two good years out of it. But even the thought of that positive must be killing her on the inside, in that she wasn't able to achieve more. However, she did have a slew of singles titles to her credit and also a US Open Grand Slam title in doubles. She didn't win a Grand Slam title in singles, but she got to No. 1 and made 3 finals. The current No. 1 hasn't managed 3 finals yet and neither has Jankovic.

*Jool*
Dec 16th, 2011, 05:36 PM

we all know how it ends ...

sad injury story once again :hug:

Sombrerero loco
Dec 16th, 2011, 05:38 PM
poor her, but expected

it-girl
Dec 16th, 2011, 05:38 PM
She has been through so much. It is such a pity.

Fighterpova
Dec 16th, 2011, 05:39 PM
DS will pull a schiavone and win rg 2014

...and then she'll turn off the Playstation 3 and go to bed :sobbing:

Julian.
Dec 16th, 2011, 05:48 PM
...and then she'll turn off the Playstation 3 and go to bed :sobbing:

So mean :sobbing:

mistymore
Dec 16th, 2011, 05:59 PM
At least she was somewhat able to live up to most of her potential, if not fully

Dinara was a huge overachiever. I doubt a less talented player has ever either reached 3 slam finals, let alone been ranked #1. It is very sad what has happened to her, but not lets not cause it to exagerrate her talent level.

lang26
Dec 16th, 2011, 06:19 PM
Hope she get better.

mistymore
Dec 16th, 2011, 06:21 PM
I think what caused her back injury was she worked too hard. People who saw her train said she was the hardest worker on tour. She had to work so hard to compensate for her lack of talent. It is a shame she had to pay the price of career ending injury, that there isnt a way to work so incredibly hard and preserve your body.

Mistress of Evil
Dec 16th, 2011, 06:48 PM
Dinara is not coming back.......so if you are a fan of tall, blonde, lumbering, slavic, female tennis players, you better put your hopes into Maria, or pray that Nicole actually makes a comeback.

FYI, Safina ain't Slavic and nor is she blond as far as my sight lets me to gather. :shrug:

tennisbum79
Dec 16th, 2011, 08:00 PM
Marat Safin had already told us, but Safina hastened to put a damper on big brother statement.

What If?
Dec 16th, 2011, 08:06 PM
The tour didn't notice her missing. Prolly the worst #1 player ever. Would be ok if she comes back, if she won't nobody would feel it.

JamieOwen3
Dec 16th, 2011, 08:14 PM
Although i wouldn't want it to be so i do think Dinara might never play on the tour again. The kind of injury she has HAS forced other players out of the game for good. Sad :[

AjdeNate!
Dec 16th, 2011, 08:16 PM
I'm sure the back injury plays a large role, but I think her mental state also will make it impossible for her to come back to the tour.

Brad[le]y.
Dec 16th, 2011, 08:17 PM
The tour didn't notice her missing. Prolly the worst #1 player ever. Would be ok if she comes back, if she won't nobody would feel it.

please get banned

iGOAT
Dec 16th, 2011, 08:33 PM
She's repeatedly denied this :cuckoo:.

Sanowa :bigcry:. I miss her :sad:. I really like that she still has the drive and is trying to come back though. If this lasts, I imagine she can come back again eventually, but obviously I would understand if she loses desire after a few years.

DPTennis
Dec 16th, 2011, 09:08 PM
I'm sad :(

killerqueen
Dec 16th, 2011, 09:22 PM
I'm not even a big fan, but I have this crazy dream that Safina will return one day, and go on a ridiculously unexpected run at RG and finally finish the job off. I don't want her story to end this way.

Yoncé
Dec 16th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Dinara :hug: don't rush it, just comeback .

Ziggy Starduck
Dec 17th, 2011, 12:17 AM
That must be so disappointing for Dinara :tears:

I really feel for her true fans on this board, the nicest group of people going around :hug:

ExtremespeedX
Dec 17th, 2011, 12:21 AM

The worst #1 is the one with the huge forehead, weak forehand, fails to reach slam final in more than 2 years and moonballs like crazy on every point :wavey:

Lord Choc Ice
Dec 17th, 2011, 03:08 AM
Poor thing :(.

I don't think she's going to come back either. I'd say the main reason she hasnt announced complete retirement yet is that she might be still clinging to some hope of a miracle recovery.

young_gunner913
Dec 17th, 2011, 03:11 AM

Tea shut up. :lol: Why have no mods banned this second account yet?

Lord Choc Ice
Dec 17th, 2011, 03:12 AM
I think it's more like 4th or 5th account :oh:.

justineheninfan
Dec 17th, 2011, 03:18 AM
I used to think Safina was the worst ever #1 but Wozniacki makes her look like a superheroe by comparision.

Lord Choc Ice
Dec 17th, 2011, 03:22 AM
I used to think Safina was the worst ever #1 but Wozniacki makes her look like a superheroe by comparision.
Safina was actually rather intimidating to the lower-ranked players. With Caro you don't really get that feeling.

justineheninfan
Dec 17th, 2011, 03:26 AM
Safina was actually rather intimidating to the lower-ranked players. With Caro you don't really get that feeling.

Very true. Safina's problem is she was not intimidating to the other top players, but Wozniacki is not intimidating to anyone on tour. Anyone in the top 100 atleast thinks they have a real fighting chance, and those outside the top 100 know they wont get blown off the court, they just dont have enough game or weapons to win is all.

madmax
Dec 17th, 2011, 03:32 AM
Safina the worst #1?
haha, thanks for the laugh anyway...Safina's rally ball was heavy if not heaviest on the tour at her peak - she was an ultimate grinder, a female Nadull if you like. She was capable of beating any player on clay and only weak mentality and nerves cost her a slam title or two.

justineheninfan
Dec 17th, 2011, 03:34 AM
Well before Wozniacki it was obvious Safina, Jankovic, and Ivanovic were in a 3 way race for worst ever #1. Nobody else came close to those three. The next weakest would have been Mauresmo and Clijsters who are easily better than those three at their peaks (aka while they were #1). Wozniacki has easily eclipsed all 3 in that now though. She makes Safina and the Serbian duo at their best look like Zina Warrior Princesses on court.

Lord Choc Ice
Dec 17th, 2011, 03:36 AM
Well before Wozniacki it was obvious Safina, Jankovic, and Ivanovic were in a 3 way race for worst ever #1. Nobody else came close to those three. The next weakest would have been Mauresmo and Clijsters who are easily better than those three at their peaks (aka while they were #1). Wozniacki has easily eclipsed all 3 in that now though. She makes Safina and the Serbian duo at their best look like Zina Warrior Princesses on court.
In other words, we didn't know good we had it having slam winners and finalists as the #1 players (at the time of their ranking, before someone points out USO '09 to me) even if they were basketcases.

justineheninfan
Dec 17th, 2011, 03:38 AM
Exactly. At the time they seemed shocking, considering what we were all used to as a customary #1 type player. However we have no idea far worse was right around the corner.

Bonfire
Dec 17th, 2011, 03:50 AM
Dinara Safina (via Twitter): sorry i wont be playing in Aust.Open.... I won't be playing the beginning of the season and I don't now if I'll be playing at all... but thank u for all ur tweets,and all the support and all ur warm wishes that u send me.... love u all and I wish all of u a Merry X-Mass!!!!!!!! Xxx

it's sad when a great player has to leave the game early due to injury
best wishes to Dinara and her future endeavors
maybe, just maybe she can make a recovery and return to the game in the future

Brad[le]y.
Dec 17th, 2011, 03:51 AM
The year end #1 rarely reflects the best player . in the past decade, 2002, 2003, 2007, and 2009 were the only years where the best player ended #1; though you could make a case for Henin who made every major final in 2006 but only won one of them.

I'm pretty sure we'll eventually have a #1 without a slam SF to her ranking or even a QF :hysteric:

Matt-TennisFan24
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:32 AM
I'm not even a big fan, but I have this crazy dream that Safina will return one day, and go on a ridiculously unexpected run at RG and finally finish the job off. I don't want her story to end this way.

Well said :sad:

This isn't over yet. Keep hanging on, Dinara. Miracles happen for a reason, and I think to let you win that damned Slam is one hell of a reason. :sad: :sad:

King Halep
Dec 17th, 2011, 04:33 AM
A mess!

What If?
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:03 AM
The worst #1 is the one with the huge forehead, weak forehand, fails to reach slam final in more than 2 years and moonballs like crazy on every point :wavey:

I think it's more like 4th or 5th account :oh:.

Very true. Safina's problem is she was not intimidating to the other top players, but Wozniacki is not intimidating to anyone on tour. Anyone in the top 100 atleast thinks they have a real fighting chance, and those outside the top 100 know they wont get blown off the court, they just dont have enough game or weapons to win is all.

The year end #1 rarely reflects the best player . in the past decade, 2002, 2003, 2007, and 2009 were the only years where the best player ended #1; though you could make a case for Henin who made every major final in 2006 but only won one of them.

I'm pretty sure we'll eventually have a #1 without a slam SF to her ranking or even a QF :hysteric:

Look how the trolls (& haters) turned another thread about unrelated player into another Caroline bashing thread.:lol::lol:

I'm tired to repeat, but I'm not your tea.:rolleyes: Nor am I 4th or 5th account. I am the first account of myself.

I am free to have the opinion that Safina was the worst #1 ever. Even worse than Ivanovic. I have the right to share my feelings on the matter with you, and really, really I don't deserve that flow of red dots I've got.:o

claypova
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Look how the trolls (& haters) turned another thread about unrelated player into another Caroline bashing thread.:lol::lol:

I'm tired to repeat, but I'm not your tea.:rolleyes: Nor am I 4th or 5th account. I am the first account of myself.

I am free to have the opinion that Safina was the worst #1 ever. Even worse than Ivanovic. I have the right to share my feelings on the matter with you, and really, really I don't deserve that flow of red dots I've got.:o

so you are allowed to say that Safina is the worst number 1, but no one is allowed to say Caroline is the worst one yet? OK :lol:

Holdsworth
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:19 AM
In 2009 Safina made 2 GS finals and also the SF in her worst surface, while Dullniacki was kicked by clayGOAT Hantuchova and grassGOAT Cibulkova :rolls:

What If?
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:32 AM
so you are allowed to say that Safina is the worst number 1, but no one is allowed to say Caroline is the worst one yet? OK :lol:

I just express my opinion. My humble opinion. THEY just hate Caro with no reason provided. Big difference. Calling someone who's dominating the tour for 2 years the worst ever is wrong, just plainly wrong.
Goodrep me please. I don't like it to be red.:sad:

claypova
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:33 AM
I just express my opinion. My humble opinion. THEY just hate Caro with no reason provided. Big difference. Calling someone who's dominating the tour for 2 years the worst ever is wrong, just plainly wrong.

dominating the tour? :lol: come back when caro finally makes a slam final :)

Peak Safina > Peak Woz anyday :zzz:

Brad[le]y.
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:38 AM
dominating the tour? :lol: come back when caro finally makes a slam :)

makes a slam? so can she just make Copenhagen a slam and retroactively declare herself a slam winner? :p

Brad[le]y.
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:39 AM

I actually like Wozniacki, you troll

What If?
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:41 AM
dominating the tour? :lol: come back when caro finally makes a slam :)

Go back to the graphics sub-forum. You're good in there, but unfortunately know nothing about tennis.:wavey:

claypova
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:41 AM
makes a slam? so can she just make Copenhagen a slam and retroactively declare herself a slam winner? :p

*slam final :angel:

Brad[le]y.
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:42 AM
*slam final :angel:

I like Caro but had to take a dig at that :p

claypova
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:42 AM
Go back to the graphics sub-forum. You're good in there, but unfortunately know nothing about tennis.:wavey:

I know nothing about tennis because I said something which you disagree on? :awww:

Excelscior
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:48 AM
In 2009 Safina made 2 GS finals and also the SF in her worst surface, while Dullniacki was kicked by clayGOAT Hantuchova and grassGOAT Cibulkova :rolls:

Originally posted by claypova
so you are allowed to say that Safina is the worst number 1, but no one is allowed to say Caroline is the worst one yet? OK

Oh. You guys are funny.

The sense of sarcasm, bitter irony, disenchantment and disdain, just wreaks!

It practically leaps out the monitor at you. I can feel it, smell it, touch it.

You can't make this up (what you guys are responding to and saying). :haha: :rolls: :haha:

What If?
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:55 AM
I know nothing about tennis because I said something which you disagree on? :awww:

Precisely. But you also forgot to provide any arguments to back your words up.:awww: Which makes you nohow better than another Caroline hater.

claypova
Dec 17th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Precisely. But you also forgot to provide any arguments to back your words up.:awww: Which makes you nohow better than another Caroline hater.

of course i am a Caro hater:lol:

and since like my graphics, i'll make one for you :)

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/3130/55796711.png

after all, a picture says a thousand words :kiss:

What If?
Dec 17th, 2011, 07:05 AM
^ I like your graphics in general but not this ugliness.:o Caption is meh btw. Not catchy at all.

If we go back to tennis. Dinara Safina is a few levels below Caroline Wozniacki in terms of tennis technique, tennis aestheticism etc.

claypova
Dec 17th, 2011, 07:07 AM
^ I like your graphics in general but not this ugliness.:o Caption is meh btw. Not catchy at all.

If we go back to tennis. Dinara Safina is a few levels below Caroline Wozniacki in terms of tennis technique, tennis aestheticism etc.

whatever you say won't take away Safina's 3 slam finals as opposed to Caro's 1 :)

What If?
Dec 17th, 2011, 07:14 AM
whatever you say won't take away Safina's 3 slam finals as opposed to Caro's 1 :)

She peaked out of nowhere and disappeared in the same style. Random slam finalist. While Caro owns the tour 2 years in a row. Still counting. No end is visible. Feel the difference.:kiss:

Lord Choc Ice
Dec 17th, 2011, 07:17 AM
She peaked out of nowhere and disappeared in the same style. Random slam finalist. While Caro owns the tour 2 years in a row. Still counting. No end is visible. Feel the difference.:kiss:
She lost before the QFs in half of her tournaments this year, but keep thinking she owns the tour :smoke:.

debby
Dec 17th, 2011, 07:19 AM

She beat Henin on clay while Karolina didn't even manage to beat an over aggressive and old Henin on hardcourts :oh:

What If?
Dec 17th, 2011, 07:21 AM
She lost before the QFs in half of her tournaments this year, but keep thinking she owns the tour :smoke:.
http://www.wtatennis.com/page/RankingsSingles/0,,12781~0~1~100,00.html
Must be a mistake then.

Brad[le]y.
Dec 17th, 2011, 07:22 AM
She beat Henin on clay while Karolina didn't even manage to beat an over aggressive and old Henin on hardcourts :oh:

Juju's last match :sobbing: she never came back :oh:

What If?
Dec 17th, 2011, 07:24 AM

Yeah, dear, that's what I'm saying - Safina came out of nowhere, peaked, beat Henin on clay (which is quite abnormal for mediocre player like Safina).

Anyways, Henin is the past. She must be thankful she didn't meet the real Wozniacki.:cool:

debby
Dec 17th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Juju's last match :sobbing: she never came back :oh:

Totally. Jesustine went to the sky. It was just an usurpator who took her name. A wannabe.

claypova
Dec 17th, 2011, 07:25 AM
Yeah, dear, that's what I'm saying - Safina came out of nowhere, peaked, beat Henin on clay (which is quite abnormal for mediocre player like Safina).

Anyways, Henin is the past. She must be thankful she didn't meet the real Wozniacki.:cool:

though Hantuchova is thankful she met the real Woznaicki :happy:

debby
Dec 17th, 2011, 07:27 AM

She is not thankful at all Wozniacka devaluated the #1 spot. :hysteric:

What If?
Dec 17th, 2011, 07:33 AM
though Hantuchova is thankful she met the real Woznaicki :happy:
Who is this? A tennis player?

She is not thankful at all Wozniacka devaluated the #1 spot. :hysteric:
Revaluated you meant to say? Yeah, I also think that Caro has set the bar a bit too high to the others. Kvitty is somewhat near but we all know she barely has a chance to equal (not saying about overcome) Caro at all. I am sad that Henin is retired. I'd like Caro had some competition. Cause she's not developing while being at #1 spot takes her so easy.:(

justineheninfan
Dec 17th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Caro owns the tour, LOL! So cute.

Henin beat the best Wozniacki and at 20% of her former self won the last 2 sets 6-2, 6-2 vs Wozniacki playing one of her best matches ever, one of the few times she ever showed something resmebling a real forehand. The Wozniacki of right now which is much worse than last year Henin at the 20% she was last year would win 6-0, 6-0 instead, and the Henin of 2007 vs the Wozniacki of today Henin might lose 4 points in a whole match (on clay more like 1 or 2 points).

What If?
Dec 17th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Caro owns the tour, LOL! So cute.

Henin beat the best Wozniacki and at 20% of her former self won the last 2 sets 6-2, 6-2 vs Wozniacki playing one of her best matches ever, one of the few times she ever showed something resmebling a real forehand. The Wozniacki of right now which is much worse than last year Henin at the 20% she was last year would win 6-0, 6-0 instead, and the Henin of 2007 vs the Wozniacki of today Henin might lose 4 points in a whole match (on clay more like 1 or 2 points).

It's true. Face it. If you need a link to the WTA official website rankings page, I can help.

Henin didn't play the real Wozniacki. She retired just in time. Must have sensed.

justineheninfan
Dec 17th, 2011, 08:55 AM
Henin didn't play the real Wozniacki.

You are right. Henin played not the real Wozniacki, but Wozniacki 101. Like I said she almost never hits her forehand that well. I guess she knew to even get 4 games in 2 sets vs a 20% of her former self Henin she had to play out of her mind. :lol: Henin of 2003-2007 vs the real Wozniacki it would mean 4 points for Wozniacki in 2 sets instead.

claypova
Dec 17th, 2011, 09:32 AM

and you say i know nothing about tennis :sad:

Smitten
Dec 17th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Dinara was always a local. :lol:

Patrick345
Dec 17th, 2011, 11:27 AM

I take it a step further, no beginning is visible.

What If?
Dec 17th, 2011, 11:32 AM
I take it a step further, no beginning is visible.

http://i1.squidoocdn.com/resize/squidoo_images/590/draft_lens10676891module125652291photo_1286888620c aroline-wozniacki-newno1
Quite the beginning, if you ask.

I sincerely wish your sucky faves to reach such beginnings.:hug:

Herbert
Dec 17th, 2011, 12:48 PM

Safina didn't just disappear like that. Look at what this thread was about originally, sweetie. That is the reason Safina doesn't get to beat the poo out of Wozniacki (at least on clay courts) anymore. Even with her mental incapabilities I'm pretty certain Safina would've won Roland Garros (i.e more majors than Wozniacki) by now if she had stayed reasonably fit.

But that's how the game goes sometimes. Not wishing for it, but Wozniacki might injure her knees really soon and if she can't regain her footwork she's done for. But then you would of course say it's due to injury and how unlucky Wozniacki was because she was primed for awesomeness. In Safina's case however she just peaked randomly and went away because her form just boiled off....yeah right mate...

goldenlox
Dec 17th, 2011, 01:25 PM
Dinara was an excellent player. I thought maybe she would take over after Justine & be the best clay courter. But she has a bad back injury, that might be with her for her whole life.
Health is so important, for all of us

Monzanator
Dec 17th, 2011, 01:44 PM
She really should make her retirement official instead of all these half-hearted comments. Another Seles retirement saga going on :o

Clijsters28
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Safina was a super talent. Much more talent than the overrated Maria Sharapova. If it werent for her back injury she would have slams for sure.

King Halep
Dec 17th, 2011, 05:42 PM
She really should make her retirement official instead of all these half-hearted comments. Another Seles retirement saga going on :o

Marat already woz did it for her :wavey:

Sammo
Dec 17th, 2011, 08:23 PM

Yep, she kicked Wozniacki's ass out of Roland Garros? Don't you remember?

CrossCourt~Rally
Dec 17th, 2011, 09:10 PM
That's a shame as she has so much unfulfilled talent :awww:. Dina :hug:

JCTennisFan
Dec 18th, 2011, 12:37 AM
Safina did good to manage Number 1 and a few slam finals. I mean, no one honestly thinks that Safina, regardless of injury, would of been more successful than her Brother? Safin far and away was the more talented and gifted of the two (not to mention he hogged all the "attractive" genes the family had to offer), yet Safina still got awful close to matching his success. She should be proud she even accomplished as much as she did.

ExtremespeedX
Dec 18th, 2011, 12:40 AM
Safina with Safin's talent and her own ambition would probably win 10 slams.

justineheninfan
Dec 18th, 2011, 01:24 AM
Safina did good to manage Number 1 and a few slam finals. I mean, no one honestly thinks that Safina, regardless of injury, would of been more successful than her Brother?

Who knows. Safina of course is nowhere near as talented as Safin but Safin didnt come anywhere near fulfilling his talent either. Even so Safina in a normal era wouldnt even have a chance to win a slam nor be #1, but as we saw in this era did get to #1. She may have been able to scalp off this weak era to win a couple slams had she stayed healthy which would have given her a comparable or even better career to Marat. Then again the field was already super weak in 2008-2009 and her best efforts then still werent enough, so maybe not.

As it is though while it is sad how things turned out for her as far as the career ending injury, I agree with you she vastly overachieved. She should be very proud of herself. Nobody before 2008 would have ever imagined her achieving the things she did.

lang26
Dec 18th, 2011, 02:21 AM
I just hope she able to make a comeback one day

Monzanator
Dec 18th, 2011, 06:02 AM
Marat already woz did it for her :wavey:

I know what he said, but most of TF and literally all of her fans, still hope for her comeback. Ain't gonna happen IMO.

dany.p
Dec 18th, 2011, 07:22 AM
She's repeatedly denied this :cuckoo:.

Sanowa :bigcry:. I miss her :sad:. I really like that she still has the drive and is trying to come back though. If this lasts, I imagine she can come back again eventually, but obviously I would understand if she loses desire after a few years.

As i've already been told. I got confused when Marat said she has no chance of making a comeback and will soon announce her retirement. I wasn't able to follow the situation as much as i would've liked. That's all. No need for the :cuckoo:

traralgon
Dec 18th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Safina did good to manage Number 1 and a few slam finals. I mean, no one honestly thinks that Safina, regardless of injury, would of been more successful than her Brother? Safin far and away was the more talented and gifted of the two (not to mention he hogged all the "attractive" genes the family had to offer), yet Safina still got awful close to matching his success. She should be proud she even accomplished as much as she did.

It's true. It's a huge shame she has been plagued by these crippling injuries because the tour desperately needs a healthy Safina. But if she looks back on her career she has achieved a lot other players can only dream of. You are also right about the attractive genes of the two siblings. In fact, if I had to choose to sleep with someone of my own sex I would probably choose Safin.

Emina.
Dec 18th, 2011, 10:16 AM

BlueTrees
Dec 18th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Safina would easily get back to Top 5 if she was healthy. What a shame. :sad: