PDA

View Full Version : How Much 'Gas' Is In Caro's Car?

postalblowfish
Dec 15th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Well, we don't have nearly as many threads as the other popular player forums, so a "How Much Gas Is In Caro's Car?" thread would not bother me.

Or 'petrol', if you speak proper English. *dun dun tsh*

Answers in metric units rather than imperial, please. This isn't 1862.

backhandsmash
Dec 15th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Hehe, very nice!

Sometimes it's just nice to let off some steam in a thread not filled with...well you know what. Let this be that thread.

backhandsmash
Dec 15th, 2011, 07:14 PM
bJ9r8LMU9bQ

bruce goose
Dec 15th, 2011, 07:16 PM
:haha::haha:Okay,I never expected this.Seriously,are Brits THAT prissy and neurotically uptight that they get bent out of shape over 'gas' and 'petrol'?Though I could be wrong,I don't think that the Americans can be blamed for THIS one as my Canadian friends also say 'gas'...and I met a Kiwi here who also said 'gas'...haven't met any Aussies for a while....Besides,Brits have lost the right to complain about 'proper English' b/c they've butchered the correct pronunciation of the letter 'R';Canadians and Americans pronounce that letter better

Caro isn't using Twitter right now,so my guess is that she's out and about....so I'm going to say that Caroline has 3/4 of a full tank right now...and that she didn't fill it up cuz she was in a hurry to get to the mall for some shopping

backhandsmash
Dec 15th, 2011, 07:23 PM
Well I call it "benzin" or "diesel", but I don't really mind if someone mistakes it for "gas". :devil:

bruce goose
Dec 15th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Well I call it "benzin" or "diesel", but I don't really mind if someone mistakes it for "gas". :devil:Well,you're not a native speaker,right?Which means that you don't count:p...though you DO get major status points for flying Caro's flag...and THAT wasn't an innuendo,either:angel:

backhandsmash
Dec 15th, 2011, 07:36 PM
Caro isn't using Twitter right now,so my guess is that she's out and about....so I'm going to say that Caroline has 3/4 of a full tank right now...and that she didn't fill it up cuz she was in a hurry to get to the mall for some shopping

And you're already off topic! :worship:

DownInAHole
Dec 15th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Ghwd5oFoNbQ

Burisleif
Dec 15th, 2011, 07:47 PM
Between 75 and 80 litres... I doubt she uses it that much.

Using the term Gas, just implies laziness and a lack of lucidity. Gasoline and Petrol iirc, are the equivalents to 'Hoover' for a vacuum cleaner... Note how we don't say a Hoov? :p

The correct term as pointed out is Benzine. :)

backhandsmash
Dec 15th, 2011, 07:51 PM
Hehe, very nice!

Sometimes it's just nice to let off some steam in a thread not filled with...well you know what. Let this be that thread.

Just to let you know, this wasn't aimed at you.

bruce goose
Dec 15th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Between 75 and 80 litres... I doubt she uses it that much.

Using the term Gas, just implies laziness and a lack of lucidity.Actually,that's a piss-poor explanation;lack of effort has VERY little to do with it...though I admit that it's embarrassing how often my countrymen lazily co-opt English words.In the north,they say 'el boiler',which is obviously not a good Spanish word.Language variations often arise from preferences that aren't much different than tastes in art or food,and then they stick when they become popular.

On the other theme,I'd say that you were a much more credible authority on Caro's automotive consumption:hatoff:

postalblowfish
Dec 15th, 2011, 08:00 PM
bJ9r8LMU9bQ

I'm really more of a White Man In Hammersmith Palais fan, y'know.

Burisleif
Dec 15th, 2011, 08:23 PM
Actually,that's a piss-poor explanation;lack of effort has VERY little to do with it...though I admit that it's embarrassing how often my countrymen lazily co-opt English words.In the north,they say 'el boiler',which is obviously not a good Spanish word.Language variations often arise from preferences that aren't much different than tastes in art or food,and then they stick when they become popular.

On the other theme,I'd say that you were a much more credible authority on Caro's automotive consumption:hatoff:

I know her car, how much it holds, and Monaco very well, that's all.

I suspect MOST of those shortenings are print and media derived, so I would say that Lazy is a great reasoning tbh.

CWTennis
Dec 15th, 2011, 08:28 PM
do you mean this car(t)? :p

http://s47.radikal.ru/i116/1112/53/50ddfbc85c05.gif

http://s017.radikal.ru/i412/1112/bb/f32432343912.gif

bruce goose
Dec 15th, 2011, 08:32 PM
I know her car, how much it holds, and Monaco very well, that's all.

I suspect MOST of those shortenings are print and media derived, so I would say that Lazy is a great reasoning tbh.Well,such variations FAR predate,by centuries,the widespread influence of print and other media but,if you're referring to the MODERN era,then perhaps you have something there

Burisleif
Dec 15th, 2011, 08:33 PM
do you mean this car(t)? :p

http://s47.radikal.ru/i116/1112/53/50ddfbc85c05.gif

http://s017.radikal.ru/i412/1112/bb/f32432343912.gif

Yes lets just say that's her car... That way all the mentally unstable nutters can run around monaco looking for a golf buggy instead :)

backhandsmash
Dec 15th, 2011, 08:36 PM
Why so serious, Leif?

DownInAHole
Dec 15th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Why so serious, Leif?

I blame myself. He probably feels that a counterweight is necessary to combat my zaniness.

postalblowfish
Dec 15th, 2011, 08:53 PM
I blame myself. He probably feels that a counterweight is necessary to combat my zaniness.

What's up in Canada these days, anyway?

backhandsmash
Dec 15th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Youtube sucks! Favourite videos being deleted left and right. Thank fuck they don't control ALL of the net yet! Probably got my pc infected because of it as well.

backhandsmash
Dec 15th, 2011, 09:12 PM
"Denne video er ikke længere tilgængelig, fordi den YouTube-konto, som videoen er tilknyttet, er blevet lukket, fordi vi fra tredjepart gentagne gange har modtaget påstande om krænkelse af ophavsretten, bl.a. fra"

Nøjseren YT sutter for hårdt! Must try harder!

bruce goose
Dec 15th, 2011, 09:14 PM
What's up in Canada these days, anyway?Vadd shpilene is trending in Kennuduh right now...as DIAH can personally attest to

DownInAHole
Dec 15th, 2011, 09:32 PM
What's up in Canada these days, anyway?

We are currently weathering rainstorms from coast to coast. Purple rainstorms.;)
http://exclaim.ca/images/prince2.jpg

Burisleif
Dec 16th, 2011, 12:49 AM
Well,such variations FAR predate,by centuries,the widespread influence of print and other media but,if you're referring to the MODERN era,then perhaps you have something there

Ya right, Gasoline was widely sold centuries before the fractional distillation of Petroleum... by Bad I forgot about Hernan Cortez' Kawasaki Ninja.

Why so serious, Leif?

Sorry I'm not familiar with this joke tag... Is it like the 'knock, knock'?

A Canadian bloke is walking down the street with a case of beer under his arm.

His friend Randy stops him and asks, "Hey Dave! Whatcha got that case of beer for?"

"Well, I got it for my wife, you see?" answers Dave.

"Wow," exclaims Randy, "Great trade.

bruce goose
Dec 16th, 2011, 01:37 AM
Ya right, Gasoline was widely sold centuries before the fractional distillation of Petroleum... by Bad I forgot about Hernan Cortez' Kawasaki Ninja.Arguing by example is a feeble methodology,especially when there are countless contrary examples.It's like saying,'Most Japanese men are very tall b/c I have a friend named Funaki who stands 7 feet'---but,really,you already knew that;)

Burisleif
Dec 16th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Arguing by example is a feeble methodology,especially when there are countless contrary examples.It's like saying,'Most Japanese men are very tall b/c I have a friend named Funaki who stands 7 feet'---but,really,you already knew that;)

We were discussing the word gas, not using gas as an example... As such, and being that answer given directly related to that word... So no not really Mr Goose.

A tip for clarity: Analogies are supposed to represent a similarity... i.e. help to explain a point, and not confuse the matter into obscurity :)

For reference in general: Many Japanese men are taller now because of a government policy of high protein diets. It's a fairly recent phenomena.

In answer to the next question... between 6.8 and 34.2 Kilometres.

bruce goose
Dec 16th, 2011, 02:28 AM
We were discussing the word gas, not using gas as an example... As such, and being that answer given directly related to that word... So no not really Mr Goose.

A tip for clarity: Analogies are supposed to represent a similarity... i.e. help to explain a point, and not confuse the matter into obscurity :)

For reference in general: Many Japanese men are taller now because of a government policy of high protein diets. It's a fairly recent phenomena.

In answer to the next question... between 6.8 and 34.2 Kilometres.Blah,blah,blah...you're exceeding your hot air limit today,Burisleif:lol:--to cut thru your clutter,you essentially tried to implicitly assert that ONLY the modern media and laziness were to blame for changes in the original forms of languages.When I explained that such variations existed for centuries prior to the modern media,you replied with a feeble smart-ass answer to the extent that,'Yeah,gasoline is an ancient word'.

It's easily verifiable that you're pretty much dead wrong,and scores of respected linguists could completely refute your claims...but if you'd like to continue to toss around 10-cent words and try to befuddle the less-learned and those who never do research,go right ahead:hatoff:

Burisleif
Dec 16th, 2011, 03:08 AM
Blah,blah,blah...you're exceeding your hot air limit today,Burisleif:lol:--to cut thru your clutter,you essentially tried to implicitly assert that ONLY the modern media and laziness were to blame for changes in the original forms of languages.When I explained that such variations existed for centuries prior to the modern media,you replied with a feeble smart-ass answer to the extent that,'Yeah,gasoline is an ancient word'.

It's easily verifiable that you're pretty much dead wrong,and scores of respected linguists could completely refute your claims...but if you'd like to continue to toss around 10-cent words and try to befuddle the less-learned and those who never do research,go right ahead:hatoff:

No, I was talking about the word Gas, and similar words that have been coined by media and print. It's called staying on topic... A hard concept for a waffle master I know, but if you try a little harder you could potentially get the hang of it. :)

bruce goose
Dec 16th, 2011, 03:19 AM
No, I was talking about the word Gas, and similar words that have been coined by media and print. It's called staying on topic... A hard concept for a waffle master I know, but if you try a little harder you could potentially get the hang of it. :)No,it's called,'Burisleif is full of ----':lol:;you spouted off on a topic for which you are UNinformed,obviously,and now you are beating a cowardly retreat...no surprise.It's not really a big deal...no moral issue...but languages are the basis on which I make my living,so that's why I could assertively state that you were making a flimsy generalization about language as a whole...and now you're backing away by pretending that you said something else.Here's a little tip for you: It actually makes you look WEAKER,not stronger,when you're afraid to admit that you were wrong or made a mistake:hatoff:

Burisleif
Dec 16th, 2011, 04:41 AM
No,it's called,'Burisleif is full of mierda':lol:;you spouted off on a topic for which you are UNinformed,obviously,and now you are beating a cowardly retreat...no surprise.It's not really a big deal...no moral issue...but languages are the basis on which I make my living,so that's why I could assertively state that you were making a limp-wristed generalization about language as a whole...and now you're backing away by pretending that you said something else.Here's a little tip for you: It actually makes you look WEAKER,not stronger,when you're afraid to admit that you were wrong or made a mistake:hatoff:

Grow up bruce, I stated exactly what I meant and my original reference was clear. Gas-ol-ine was coined around the 1860's as a brand name for a petroleum distillate, originally used to treat head lice etc. As a brand name it stands to reason that one would use the whole name, or even better the proper name for the substance... As such Gas is no different than every gadget having an i in front of its name whether or not it connects to the internet. A gas is of course a completely different material and state, and both a word and range of gaseous combustible fuels in their own right.

You're not the only person on planet earth to have a grasp of linguistics, and etymology, and no amount of your off topic waffle and attempts at rank pulling will change the basic fact that you misconstrued my opening statement, and have been taking all subsequent ones deliberately out of context. Do yourself a favour and put down the spade before that hole is too deep to climb out of... Failing that, jump on a plane and we can compare Phd's and CV's over a Cerveza and Patrón... Anything would be less dull for forum readers than a pissing contest of the kind you are attempting to deploy. :lol:

bruce goose
Dec 16th, 2011, 05:12 AM
Grow up bruce, I stated exactly what I meant and my original reference was clear. Gas-ol-ine was coined around the 1860's as a brand name for a petroleum distillate, originally used to treat head lice etc. As a brand name it stands to reason that one would use the whole name, or even better the proper name for the substance... As such Gas is no different than every gadget having an i in front of its name whether or not it connects to the internet. A gas is of course a completely different material and state, and both a word and range of gaseous combustible fuels in their own right.

You're not the only person on planet earth to have a grasp of linguistics, and etymology, and no amount of your off topic waffle and attempts at rank pulling will change the basic fact that you misconstrued my opening statement, and have been taking all subsequent ones deliberately out of context. Do yourself a favour and put down the spade before that hole is too deep to climb out of... Failing that, jump on a plane and we can compare Phd's and CV's over a Cerveza and Patrón... Anything would be less dull for forum readers than a pissing contest of the kind you are attempting to deploy. :lol:First of all,I used some slightly excessive language in the previous post(visible edit) so I apologize for that.As for 'growing up',despite your reasonable intellect,you have the emotionally maturity of a nerdy,maladjusted 13-year-old,Burisleif...and you've proven that with your marathon pissing contests with Matei,Excelscior and anyone who doesn't adjust to your clique-ish desires...and I've even had to come to your rescue when you lost your composure with others:lol:.Some might recall when you resorted to BLATANT LIES when you accused me of not being a Caro fan...that I only followed her b/c I was allegedly banned from the Serb forum(not true,as a recent post could show)...even though you KNEW aye began posting here long before my disagreements there.A paragon of maturity you are NOT:lol:

You could e-mail a photo of your PhDs and all the medals you supposedly won as a war hero in the British army;) some other time,if you wish.for now,I'll go back to your original,feeble claim that the shortening of words originated with the print media.You could have clarified that you didn't mean that at any point,but you lack the communication skills to make clear,coherent arguments,instead opting to attack anyone who 'dares' to expose your weaknesses there.Wordly people can look beyond your pretentiousness and see you for who you are and,deep down,you know it;)

Burisleif
Dec 16th, 2011, 06:59 AM
First of all,I used some slightly excessive language in the previous post(visible edit) so I apologize for that.As for 'growing up',despite your reasonable intellect,you have the emotionally maturity of a nerdy,maladjusted 13-year-old,Burisleif...and you've proven that with your marathon pissing contests with Matei,Excelscior and anyone who doesn't adjust to your clique-ish desires...and I've even had to come to your rescue when you lost your composure with others:lol:.Some might recall when you resorted to BLATANT LIES when you accused me of not being a Caro fan...that I only followed her b/c I was allegedly banned from the Serb forum(not true,as a recent post could show)...even though you KNEW aye began posting here long before my disagreements there.A paragon of maturity you are NOT:lol:

You could e-mail a photo of your PhDs and all the medals you supposedly won as a war hero in the British army;) some other time,if you wish.for now,I'll go back to your original,feeble claim that the shortening of words originated with the print media.You could have clarified that you didn't mean that at any point,but you lack the communication skills to make clear,coherent arguments,instead opting to attack anyone who 'dares' to expose your weaknesses there.Wordly people can look beyond your pretentiousness and see you for who you are and,deep down,you know it;)

Honestly bruce, if you truly believe that being worldly is defined by how able you are posting crap and antagonising people on a forum then I will leave you with your beliefs. I'm not interested. Further, It's not called a 'lie' when it's opinion, and, if posed as a question then it's a question. Frankly I don't care if you are a Caroline supporter or not (as far as i can tell you support her as a person more than as a player in a TF context), unless of course you use this forum section to castigate other players (it serves only to induce animosity towards us as Caro fans as a whole, regardless of opinion), grandstand rivals while being a known Caroline hater, or bash Caroline inappropriately and in general.

Muppet and Muppet were here with no intention but to harass supporters and carry GM angst into this player section, and as such are frankly irrelevant, unless of course you believe that this section is an area that any of the many overzealous past intruders should have the right to post thinly veiled or explicit anti Caroline defamation or hate in? Merely mentioning them in this context greatly exaggerates their worth both as contributors and authorities on the subject.

Email my credentials? how old are we?

As for maturity, clarity, and attacking to conceal weakness? Who attacked who?

Actually,that's a piss-poor explanation

If you had issue with an explanation, or a problem seeing a flow of context, you could simply ask, and save the insults right?

If you think I was short with you then I will apologise on request, however, consider that perhaps a person might draw weary of just this kind of exchange?

You are more than aware that I bear no malice toward you and regard you with begrudging esteem, despite periods of infernal badgering, however, this exact kind of pointless 'one up' exchange (which you will admit was flamed by yourself and your choice of words) leaves me wondering if you aren't acting in a trollish manner...

This is just too embarrassingly boorish and Hypocritical. I'm not interested in these exchanges. Life is too short. Basta!.

bruce goose
Dec 16th, 2011, 07:09 AM
Agreed.We're done here:lol:.Goodnight:wavey:

postalblowfish
Dec 16th, 2011, 08:53 AM
I'm glad I opened this thread.

postalblowfish
Dec 16th, 2011, 08:54 AM
On the plus side, it seems there at least two other Teenage Fanclub fans on tennisforum.

DownInAHole
Dec 16th, 2011, 09:35 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/archive/8/80/20090522022845!Bandwagonfanclubalbum.jpghttp://www.vinylsurrender.com/Graphics/AlbumCovers2/Teenage%20Fanclub%20-%20Thirteen.jpg
http://www.orgmusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/teenage-fanclub-grand-prix300.jpghttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51V55D6A1EL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

postalblowfish
Dec 16th, 2011, 10:12 AM
Make that three.

DownInAHole
Dec 16th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Bruce and burisleif, don't worry, we're not that far from the start of the season. I've been practising my negative posting/bitching about Caroline's level of play and results. Soon you will have a common "enemy" to focus on: me.:lol:

Now, I want you two to give each other a friendly pat on the keister and put this ugliness behind you. I was very sheltered as a child and confrontation makes me extremely uncomfortable. You do not want to make a friendly canuck feel uncomfortable, do you?:unsure:

postalblowfish
Dec 16th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Failing that, jump on a plane and we can compare Phd's and CV's over a Cerveza and Patrón...

Can I do that?

Oh no wait, they closed Plymouth airport.

And I don't have a phd.

bruce goose
Dec 16th, 2011, 05:27 PM
Bruce and burisleif, don't worry, we're not that far from the start of the season. I've been practising my negative posting/bitching about Caroline's level of play and results. Soon you will have a common "enemy" to focus on: me.:lol:

Now, I want you two to give each other a friendly pat on the keister and put this ugliness behind you. I was very sheltered as a child and confrontation makes me extremely uncomfortable. You do not want to make a friendly canuck feel uncomfortable, do you?:unsure:Well,you can see that I walked away instead of looking to further escalate warfare,so that should make you feel better:angel:

bruce goose
Dec 16th, 2011, 06:21 PM
I'm glad I opened this thread.There were three ladies who were discussing their admiration for your machismo

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=20598898&posted=1#post20598898

You may want to make a note of that;)...just one more case of V.S. Angels helplessly captured in the Penguin Web of Seduction

postalblowfish
Dec 17th, 2011, 10:34 AM
There were three ladies who were discussing their admiration for your machismo

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?p=20598898&posted=1#post20598898

You may want to make a note of that;)...just one more case of V.S. Angels helplessly captured in the Penguin Web of Seduction

You certainly seem to be value for money as an agent.

Especially considering I haven't even paid you.

bruce goose
Dec 17th, 2011, 07:36 PM
I'm sure that Paul is absolutely thrilled that you paid us another visit over there;)

backhandsmash
Dec 28th, 2011, 09:00 PM
If I won the lottery today, I would be more wealthy than the Woz. Maybe. You think she's worth more than 30 million dollars?

Protoss
Dec 31st, 2011, 02:00 PM
Is this thread taking the place of the old irony off topic thread? :confused:

backhandsmash
Dec 31st, 2011, 02:07 PM
No, this is the one where you are actually allowed to be off topic. ;)

Protoss
Dec 31st, 2011, 02:47 PM
No, this is the one where you are actually allowed to be off topic. ;)
Huh? :confused:

backhandsmash
Dec 31st, 2011, 03:34 PM
A certain poster wasn't too happy about Bruce's sometimes wildly off topic posts in THAT off topic thread. ;)

So this is the true "ramble about anything you like" thread.

Jimmie48
Dec 31st, 2011, 03:47 PM
Just read that the complete Top 10 will be playing in Stuttgart next year, got me so excited that I booked my flight, hotel & ticket for the week.

Now I'm about 1000€ lighter but it'll be worth it...a full week of tennis, it's going to be awesome :)

Burisleif
Dec 31st, 2011, 03:49 PM
A certain poster wasn't too happy about Bruce's sometimes wildly off topic posts in THAT off topic thread. ;)

So this is the true "ramble about anything you like" thread.

Utter crap. Posting derogatory, defamatory, and unsubstantiated rubbish about any player in general was the objection, and not to any thread, but this player section as a whole. It annoys more than one poster, and is the reason for many valuable contributors not posting here any more.

So in answer to your query Protoss. No this thread serves no purpose what so ever. Trolls are not welcome here...

------------

Good to see you back Protoss, I trust you had an enjoyable Christmas break?

backhandsmash
Dec 31st, 2011, 04:06 PM
What? Like Carofan? :lol:

Burisleif
Dec 31st, 2011, 04:12 PM
What? Like Carofan? :lol:

Sorry BHS, you will have to clarify as to what part of my post your query relates if you want an answer.

backhandsmash
Dec 31st, 2011, 04:20 PM
"valuable contributors not posting here any more."

I'm guessing you don't mean him, but he went off the boil a bit in GM before disappearing.

Burisleif
Dec 31st, 2011, 04:44 PM
"valuable contributors not posting here any more."

I'm guessing you don't mean him, but he went off the boil a bit in GM before disappearing.

No indeed, I was not specifically referring that user (I'm not particularly familiar with them), but rather the numerous contributors we have lost that had substantial and valuable input, be it technical, coaching, media, practical experience, wisdom, or long term fan based.

Hopefully we can all post respectfully in the hope that they might return.

backhandsmash
Dec 31st, 2011, 04:56 PM
Are you in fact saying that Bruce should be banned from this forum?

Burisleif
Dec 31st, 2011, 05:03 PM

No. Read what I wrote. I tend to write what I mean, and see little reason for others to elaborate on my behalf. :)

Are you going to make a point of being more and more antagonistic in 2012? :devil:

backhandsmash
Dec 31st, 2011, 05:15 PM
Antagonistic? You think I'm gonna be more like that next year? Or is it that I will complain more about your antagonism in 2012?

With the latter, sure.

But I'm not really sure where this is headed. Is this like an internetfight or something? Cause I'm not really into that.

bruce goose
Dec 31st, 2011, 06:31 PM
Okay,I have a question for you Europeans,but you may speak about other continents if you have related info from there.

As some of you might know,football and basketball are big-money sports on the U.S. collegiate level.Oftentimes,young men receive full scholarships and face little or zero academic discipline when they don't attend classes or do even a modicum of coursework...as long as they possess enough athletic ability to lead their schools to the windfall of a collegiate championship.My sister attended college in the U.S.,and one of their star players needed directions on where the faculty building was--for a final exam--b/c he hadn't gone to class THE ENTIRE SEMESTER!

Though there are too many of my countrymen in Mexican colleges who resort to the ever-growing Groupthink...and lack critical thinking skills...I can't think of any analogous examples to the American disgrace above.Can you all relate any similar stories from your countries or others??They needn't be sports-affiliated,per se...just any set of circumstances where utterly unworthy 'students' receive academic scholarships...will look forward to your input

Burisleif
Dec 31st, 2011, 06:41 PM
Antagonistic? You think I'm gonna be more like that next year? Or is it that I will complain more about your antagonism in 2012?

With the latter, sure.

But I'm not really sure where this is headed. Is this like an internetfight or something? Cause I'm not really into that.

Is this a new form of dry underground danish youth humour? I never was a fan of slapstick based humour due to the lack of wit.

Learn the meaning of words (it helps people to take you seriously), the forum rules, and above all pick a spoon that you can handle before you approach a pot.

The meaning was clear, I have no doubt you understood.

backhandsmash
Dec 31st, 2011, 07:40 PM
Learn the meaning of words (it helps people to take you seriously), the forum rules, and above all pick a spoon that you can handle before you approach a pot.

Please elaborate my good man.

postalblowfish
Dec 31st, 2011, 07:48 PM
What's the point, seriously.

postalblowfish
Dec 31st, 2011, 07:49 PM
Someone lock this thread up, aye?

This is why we can't have nice things.

Burisleif
Dec 31st, 2011, 08:36 PM
Someone lock this thread up, aye?

This is why we can't have nice things.

As the creator of the thread, I'm pretty sure you can edit delete or do as you will via the menu above... :)

postalblowfish
Dec 31st, 2011, 08:43 PM
Yeah, but then I lose my post count.

Protoss
Jan 1st, 2012, 01:16 AM
Utter crap. Posting derogatory, defamatory, and unsubstantiated rubbish about any player in general was the objection, and not to any thread, but this player section as a whole. It annoys more than one poster, and is the reason for many valuable contributors not posting here any more.

So in answer to your query Protoss. No this thread serves no purpose what so ever. Trolls are not welcome here...

------------

Good to see you back Protoss, I trust you had an enjoyable Christmas break?
Yah, I've had a nice break. :)

This forum seems to be a bit of a mess since Caro's season ended back in November. :p

Burisleif
Jan 1st, 2012, 01:50 AM
Yeah, but then I lose my post count.

I think your safe, the software doesn't detract post counts or the effects of good/bad reps by deleting threads, just hides them.

Yah, I've had a nice break. :)

This forum seems to be a bit of a mess since Caro's season ended back in November. :p

Indeed... Here is to some regulars returning with order for the new year. :)

FormerlyKnownAs
Jan 1st, 2012, 02:19 AM

Banned, meh.
Just change the thread name;------ to ???? bruce goose & friends personal bitching blog, because the real fan interest is gone. Just off topic chitter chatter and bitchiness.

bruce goose
Jan 1st, 2012, 04:42 AM
The thing is,I've barely even posted here the last couple vacation weeks...and I didn't even complain:angel: when these educated posters refused to answer my question about ill-considered academic scholarships in other countries......btw,cognac is reallllly powerful when you've never drunk it before:help::silly:

DownInAHole
Jan 1st, 2012, 09:17 AM
Bruce, to answer your question, I'm not sure. Here in Canada collegiate sports are no where near the money maker that they are in the U.S. but I imagine there is preferential treatment towards the star players but probably not on the same scale as what you are asking about.

This does not necessarily relate to what you are asking about but I do know that our universities are recruiting foreign students (primarily from India and south east Asia) because there are not enough native Canadians to fill certain roles (mainly science and math). Businesses are doing the same thing. I'm not 100% sure about this but like Canada the U.S. is also falling behind in those areas (math and science) and I suspect that due to the anti-immigration opinions in the U.S. that that trend will continue and the rest of the world will pass them by unless they change their views on immigration and education. It is a little sad that we are getting stupider and the solution is to bring in smart people from other countries rather than trying to improve the education of the people that are already hear but that appears to be the way things are going.

Ov korse yew ahr allreddy eware thate Kanadiens ahr teareble spehlars.

DownInAHole
Jan 1st, 2012, 09:17 AM
Yikes, I feel like I am five years old and mommy and daddy are fighting.

Cut it out!

bruce goose
Jan 1st, 2012, 09:25 PM
Bruce, to answer your question, I'm not sure. Here in Canada collegiate sports are no where near the money maker that they are in the U.S. but I imagine there is preferential treatment towards the star players but probably not on the same scale as what you are asking about.

This does not necessarily relate to what you are asking about but I do know that our universities are recruiting foreign students (primarily from India and south east Asia) because there are not enough native Canadians to fill certain roles (mainly science and math). Businesses are doing the same thing. I'm not 100% sure about this but like Canada the U.S. is also falling behind in those areas (math and science) and I suspect that due to the anti-immigration opinions in the U.S. that that trend will continue and the rest of the world will pass them by unless they change their views on immigration and education. It is a little sad that we are getting stupider and the solution is to bring in smart people from other countries rather than trying to improve the education of the people that are already hear but that appears to be the way things are going.

Ov korse yew ahr allreddy eware thate Kanadiens ahr teareble spehlars.Thank you for your thoughtful,informative post:hatoff:---Here in Mexico,we occasionally have young soccer prospects who get preferential treatment with scholarships,but they still get expelled if they fail to attend class or do the coursework......As you touched on,the anti-immigration policies in the U.S. will only go so far because they are woefully underpopulated--in terms of 'born and bred' Americans--so they are dependent on Latinos for their workforce needs;their economy would totally collapse w/o us