PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Dementieva/Husarova

Buitenzorg
Nov 12th, 2002, 07:10 AM
For their WTA DOUBLES Title (at 2002 season ending)

def Black/Likhovtseva 4-6 6-4 6-3

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Jordan.
Nov 12th, 2002, 07:24 AM
Congratulations! :D

bubble
Nov 12th, 2002, 08:03 AM
Well done girls!

:kiss: :bounce: :kiss:

wongqks
Nov 12th, 2002, 08:04 AM
congrats, what a great finish for a so so year in singles for elena

~ The Leopard ~
Nov 12th, 2002, 08:23 AM
Yup, congrats to them. :) :bounce:

Jeff
Nov 12th, 2002, 08:26 AM
Wow :eek: They were almost out yesterday to Fujiawara/Sugiyama.

Congrats girls :D ;) :bounce:

Vincent
Nov 12th, 2002, 08:45 AM
WOW:)
Well done Elena and Janette(sp?)
Congrates for 9999999 times!

BasicTennis
Nov 12th, 2002, 08:47 AM
they really have a good team and Janette is great in doubles.

Beat
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:10 AM
well, I was cheering for likhovtseva/black, but dementieva/husarova were my 2nd favourites, so i'm happy for them as well, especially janette.
congrats!

martinafan
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:13 AM
I wanted Fujiwara/Sugiyama to win the title, but dementieva/husarova were also my 2nd faves, so I am happy for them aswell....

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 12th, 2002, 10:14 AM
congrats girls :bounce:

its been well deserved too :)

the cat
Nov 12th, 2002, 12:29 PM
That's a bit of a surprise! :eek: Well done Elena and Janette! :D

auntie janie
Nov 12th, 2002, 12:39 PM
Congrats to Elena and Janette! What a great way to end a terrific season for this team. :):)
And a measure of vindication for Elena, whose singles game has been in a bit of a decline :(

Mark Spruce
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:35 PM
Well DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

regards

Mark

Mark Spruce
http://www.sanexwtatour.com/assets/story_image/DementHusaTrophies111102.jpg

Mark Spruce
http://www.sanexwtatour.com/assets/story_image/DementHusaCtside111102.jpg

tennischick
Nov 12th, 2002, 11:41 PM
Los Angeles Championships: Worth Staying Up For

We aren't going to bother talking about the singles final; that's the Match of the Day. And it got all the coverage as Kim Clijsters upset Serena Williams 7-5 6-3. But the doubles final was hardly covered at all, and it was well worth attention.

In case your local paper didn't tell you (ours didn't), Elena Dementieva and Janette Husarova -- for the third straight match -- came back from down a set to beat Cara Black and Elena Likhovtseva 4-6 6-4 6-3. As far as the rankings are concerned, that didn't help Dementieva and Husarova; they came in #6 and #5, respectively, and there they will stay. But the way they've been playing (they won Berlin, San Diego, and Moscow as well as the Championships, and made the U. S. Open final), Husarova might well make #4 as early as the Australian Open, and we wouldn't count them out for the year-end #1.

It's been a great couple of weeks -- and a great year -- for Husarova. Not only has it been her best year in singles, and not only did she help the Slovak Republic win Fed Cup last week, but she ended this year with six doubles titles: in addition to the four with Dementieva, she won Doha with Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario, and just two weeks ago won Luxembourg with Kim Clijsters. She ends the year on a seven-match winning streak, and is 11-1 in her last four tournaments. We show her as 57-19.(75%) this year. Pretty amazing for a 28-year-old who, two years ago, had never been ranked above #73 in singles, and had made exactly two semifinals, both at weak events -- and who had only five doubles titles, all weak. If ever a player showed the virtues of hard work, it's Husarova.

baleineau
Nov 12th, 2002, 11:47 PM
there was hardly *any* newspaper coverage of these championships in britain, not to mention doubles results! there were a couple of preview stories for shanghai, but literally a small 100 word mention on Monday about saturday's action, and even then it was buried in a report on shanghai.

the stadium looks empty for the presentation, and only a handful of people waiting for autographs. was the doubles well attended?

sartrista7
Nov 12th, 2002, 11:47 PM
Wow. Ecstatic for Elena D, who I love to bits, but it's really nice for Janette as well :D