PDA

View Full Version : I met Pam :D

Jeff
Nov 12th, 2002, 06:27 AM
I was walking in the food court area and Pam Shriver was getting ready to leave the Staples Center after the matches were over. I asked her if I could have a picture of her and she said "sure." Her daughter or whoever it was with her took the pic of me, Pam and Candy946. She was so nice :D

Haven't had my pictures developed yet, but hopefully it'll turn out good and I'll post it ;)

Jordan.
Nov 12th, 2002, 07:36 AM
Cool! :D

anton
Nov 12th, 2002, 08:41 AM
cool!!! Pam is the best commentator!! A lot of people don't like her "telling it like it is" comments, but those same people get a fake name and then come on here and post BS.

Candy946
Nov 12th, 2002, 02:58 PM
:D

player2
Nov 12th, 2002, 04:50 PM
I have a friend who lived in Baltimore and played
at a club where Shriver played. Pam's reputation
was very positive and she was well-liked by all.
She is not my favorite doing commentary.

Nevertheless, I am amazed at how hostile
people get over certain comments. People
like Pam played on the tour and know what
the players have to endure. I don't think any
of these pro players like MJ and Pam have
any hidden agenda. Their motivation is
to be fair and frank. Fans need to be less
sensitive to commentary and pay more attention
to the actual play. Commentary is just background
music.

LeonHart
Nov 12th, 2002, 04:53 PM
Yeah, i agree. Some "stupid" comments that she makes are just jokes that she makes with Mary JF and Cliff D. I dont find those comments annoying but funny :)

Candy946
Nov 12th, 2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by player2
Nevertheless, I am amazed at how hostile
people get over certain comments. People
like Pam played on the tour and know what
the players have to endure. I don't think any
of these pro players like MJ and Pam have
any hidden agenda. Their motivation is
to be fair and frank. Fans need to be less
sensitive to commentary and pay more attention
to the actual play. Commentary is just background
music.
Well there were no Pam bashing in this thread, but yeah I agree that some people take her comments way too seriously.

griffin
Nov 12th, 2002, 05:36 PM
her daughter, huh? ;)

If stupid comments were against the law, we'd all spend most of our time in the pokey.

Jeff
Nov 12th, 2002, 11:57 PM
People also need to realise that commentating is not an easy job. It can be very stressful, from what I could see. Pam and Mary Joe were on the move throughout the whole day...running from the interview table, to the commentary table, to running down to the court to catch Serena, Venus, Kim etc. for an interview. Plus imagine sitting their having to stay upbeat and give your opinions to millions of people for several hours! I think what Mary Joe and Pam do is pretty amazing.

Anywayz...still waiting for my pics to develop :D

LeonHart
Nov 13th, 2002, 01:16 AM
I luv Pam...she's the funniest commenter ever! Mary Joe and Pam are excellent together. ;)

CC
Nov 13th, 2002, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Jeff
People also need to realise that commentating is not an easy job. It can be very stressful, from what I could see. Pam and Mary Joe were on the move throughout the whole day...running from the interview table, to the commentary table, to running down to the court to catch Serena, Venus, Kim etc. for an interview. Plus imagine sitting their having to stay upbeat and give your opinions to millions of people for several hours! I think what Mary Joe and Pam do is pretty amazing.

Anywayz...still waiting for my pics to develop :D

The most trying part for them must be all the regurgitation they do. Ever notice how many times they repeat the same things? Don't know if they can avoid that though.