PDA

View Full Version : Is Kim Clijsters the new Indoor Queen?

DiZZiA
Nov 12th, 2002, 05:10 AM
In my opinion, Yes she is!!! :D

She has won three indoor titles in a row at the season end in 2002!!! She really is the next Lindsay Davenport and is going to win a Grand Slam very soon!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Nov 12th, 2002, 05:10 AM
YES!! :bounce:

irma
Nov 12th, 2002, 05:17 AM
yes :bounce:

she already plays incredible well on indoor since 99. wasn't luxembourg the first wta indoortournament she played in 99?

and of course won :bounce:

BasicTennis
Nov 12th, 2002, 05:30 AM
ok..well done kim!!! keep improving.:)

"Topaz"
Nov 12th, 2002, 05:34 AM
DiZZiA, ask Gopher. He just spun a thread on that.;)

persond
Nov 12th, 2002, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by DiZZiA
In my opinion, Yes she is!!! :D

She has won three indoor titles in a row at the season end in 2002!!! She really is the next Lindsay Davenport and is going to win a Grand Slam very soon!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

A GOOD WIN FOR KIM, but, Davenport won seven (7) indoor tournaments in one season, that's why she was "queen of indoors" tournaments. Although, winning 3 of 4 tournaments is great, Kim will need a much better record during one season to be coronated "queen".:kiss: :kiss:

KingA
Nov 12th, 2002, 11:39 AM
Good wins for her.... She really is a strong indoor competitor!!! I really do think next year she will win more titles during the indoor season after such a fantastic season end period... The defeat over Serena Williams definitely boosted her confidence up a lot!!

DD
Nov 12th, 2002, 12:52 PM
she will be winning grandslams indoors if there was one.

Greenout
Nov 12th, 2002, 01:01 PM
I'm not a Kim fan nor will I be a bandwagon hopper;
but I do have to say the clips on the local news shows
were insane. Incredible win- no one can take that
away. Well deserved. Congrats!!

Congrat Belgium tennis supporters. Enjoy!!
A delicious outcome for you to partake over,
and over, and over. :)

Come-on-kim
Nov 12th, 2002, 04:58 PM
If she's not the queen, then she's the princess

Hawk
Nov 12th, 2002, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Come-on-kim
If she's not the queen, then she's the princess
LOL that's what I was going to say. I don't mind if Lindsay is the Queen. Kim is definatly the Princess of Indoors :D

Nov 15th, 2002, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by persond

A GOOD WIN FOR KIM, but, Davenport won seven (7) indoor tournaments in one season, that's why she was "queen of indoors" tournaments. Although, winning 3 of 4 tournaments is great, Kim will need a much better record during one season to be coronated "queen".:kiss: :kiss:

Davenport won 7 in one season...but how old was she when she did that? Kim is only 19 now, so does that make Lindsay the queen and Kim the future queen?

persond
Nov 15th, 2002, 06:12 AM
:D Lindsays 7 titles were last year, in fact, the only titles she won were the indoor ones at the end of the season. The season ending championships was the only title she didn't win. Serena received a walk-over due to Lindsays injury.:D :D

On another note, Kims coronation as the new Queen of indoors may be just a little premature. We'll just have to wait and see if she's able to repeat her success, just as Venus during hardcourts and Lindsay during indoor. Her win over Serena was a good one, but what does it really mean??? Will she do it consistently???

Only time will tell!!!:) :) :) :)

-Sonic-
Nov 15th, 2002, 01:08 PM
I'd say she's def the current one... don't really care what happened in the past. I'm sure someone did well in the 80's indoors but doesn't mean we should be fearing them now :)

And yeah, Lindsay won 3 indoor titles last year, all in a row. Not 7, unless Eastbourne and the August LA tournament are indoors too.

GrandSlammed
Nov 15th, 2002, 02:13 PM
Stop lying to yourselves.

Davenport is still the best indoors player on the tour. If not for the melt down against Seles, she would have toppled a disinterested Venus Williams, brushed Clijsters aside, and beaten Serena Williams in the final ...

Mercury Rising
Nov 15th, 2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by GrandSlammed
Stop lying to yourselves.

Davenport is still the best indoors player on the tour. If not for the melt down against Seles, she would have toppled a disinterested Venus Williams, brushed Clijsters aside, and beaten Serena Williams in the final ...
Ofcourse :rolleyes: :p

tfannis
Nov 15th, 2002, 03:59 PM
Off course Kim is the new indoor queen...the past doesn't matter...

Kim won the most indoor-titles this year...Davenport couldn't win one...that says it all :D

:bounce: KIM CLIJSTERS, INDOOR QUEEN 2002 :bounce:

Maajken
Nov 15th, 2002, 04:10 PM
Uh she cant be the new lindsay davenport cause lindsay is still around :p

Fuji
Nov 15th, 2002, 09:09 PM
Kim is no doubt one of the main contenders for big titles.

However, saying Kim is the queen of indoor surface is kind of pushing it a bit.