PDA

View Full Version : Where has the Iraq discussion gone???

evadafan
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:48 AM
This board was hopping with Iraq discussions just a few short weeks ago. Everyone had an opinion about "Bush's unilateral war with Iraq." Now that Bush has persuaded the UN security council to UNANIMOUSLY adopt a tough resolution forcing Iraq to disarm, no one here is saying anything. Where is that "unilateral war" by the way?

Oh nevermind, I guess everyone around here is too busy deleting threads about the election....

Giuseppe
Nov 12th, 2002, 04:02 AM
the UN hasn't accepted "A WAR" but a resolution that says Iraq must allow the UN inspectors to check its territory searching weapons of massive destruction. If iraq accepts it, the UN never will accept an attack to Iraq, If Bush wants to do it, will be alone (as always)

If Iraq, rejects the inspections then could be an attack, but just in that case. This is what the UN has determined

evadafan
Nov 12th, 2002, 04:10 AM
I never said the UN accepted "A WAR." By the same token, THERE IS NO WAR!!!!

Everyone here screamed for Bush to work with the UN to get Iraq to disarm, now that he is gaining success, everyone is hiding.

Kiwi_Boy
Nov 12th, 2002, 05:05 AM
meh,i've cooled off some,i really dont care if or how sadamm is thrown out (i hope he is though)......i just dont want to know anymore cause im not in danger,i still find bushes attitude plain arrogant,and i question HIS motives for any possible war.
i must however say that i hope the people of iraq dont suffer at the hands of the "coalition",they have suffered enough(at the hands of sadamm) and are not to be blamed.

Hurley
Nov 12th, 2002, 06:37 AM
Originally posted by evadafan
Oh nevermind, I guess everyone around here is too busy deleting threads about the election....

One person deleted one thread which he created.

i-girl
Nov 12th, 2002, 06:56 AM
I think we simply over-talked the whole thing, Evafan. there's only so much you can say. we all know each other's opinions by now, it's always the same people on each side... it gets a bit boring. give it a few more days, we'll be yelling again:).

and that resolution is not too tough. if anything, if the UN accepts the Iraqi demand that there be Arab inspectors in the the inspecting group, we will once again see the UN make a fool out of it self, and make it's own decisions entirely worthless. everytime the inspectors will get close to anything Saddam does not want them to see, the Arab inspectors will allert him, and a minute later the forbiden weapon will be removed. how clever.

nasty nick#2
Nov 12th, 2002, 08:58 AM
The Iraq discussion has gone north, i think it's on it's way to Bagdad.