PDA

View Full Version : Görges' 2012 Calendar - Seoul, Tokyo, Beijing, Linz and Luxembourg

Banditoo
Nov 23rd, 2011, 04:48 AM
She is going to starts from Auckland :cheer::cheer::cheer:

Auckland Draw:
15 Sabine Lisciki
17 PENG SHUAI (CHN)
19. SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA (RUS)
20. FLAVIA PENNETTA (ITA)
21. JULIA GOERGES (GER)
23. ROBERTA VINCI (ITA)
26. JANINA WICKMEYER (BEL)
30. MONICA NICULESCU (ROU)
31. PETRA CETKOVSKA (CZE)
32. ANGELIQUE KERBER (GER)
43. CHRISTINA MCHALE (USA)
45. SARA ERRANI (ITA)
47. AYUMI MORITA (JPN)
48. ZHENG JIE (CHN)
50. ELENA BALTACHA (GBR)
51. LUCIE HRADECKA (CZE)
57. ELENA VESNINA (RUS)
59. JOHANNA LARSSON (SWE)
60. SORANA CIRSTEA (ROU)
61. MARINA ERAKOVIC (NZL)
63. GRETA ARN (HUN)
64. REBECCA MARINO (CAN)
66. JELENA DOKIC (AUS)
67. MONA BARTHEL (GER)
W/C VENUS WILLIAMS (USA)

joy division
Nov 23rd, 2011, 08:57 AM
If it`s true, very fine.

Howard, you did not forget to apply for the ball boy`s job ?
We want some very detailed reports and pictures.;)

Seriously, will you go, or are you busy ? :wavey:

Qalahari
Nov 23rd, 2011, 09:32 AM
Four Germans in MD here :eek:

Vikapower
Nov 23rd, 2011, 02:26 PM
When I first saw the thread I thought Julia was making a calendar for 2012. :sad: Anyways that's nice... :)

Skoo
Nov 23rd, 2011, 05:10 PM
When I first saw the thread I thought Julia was making a calendar for 2012. :sad: Anyways that's nice... :)

Me too :lol: Oh well, this will have to do :)

joy division
Nov 26th, 2011, 03:20 PM
On her homepage Julia says she will travel to Dubai on 11th of December with the whole team for practicing.
Afterwards she will play at Auckland, Sidney and of course at Melbourne.

HowardH
Nov 27th, 2011, 03:30 AM
If it`s true, very fine.

Howard, you did not forget to apply for the ball boy`s job ?
We want some very detailed reports and pictures.;)

Seriously, will you go, or are you busy ? :wavey:

I generally can only make time to watch some of it live, but I always follow as much as I can on tv. E.g. I have the tv on in the background. I usually travel around this time of year and I'm often up north in Paihia during the early part of the year.

I look young and people tend to think I'm a teenager (a girl asked me the other day whether I had finished high school yet) but I'm actually in my twenties and have a degree so being a ball boy isn't for me. Although I noticed in the USO series there seemed to be some older ball people. I wonder why?

I always go to watch the qualifying. It's on the weekend which is fairly convenient for me. At this time the top players are usually also practising. Last year I saw Julia practise with Carla Suarez Navarro, Vesnina with Safina, Anna Chak, Shahar. In the last few years I have also gone on one other day. In 2009 it was quarterfinals day, where I watched Vesnina beat Wozniacki, Dementieva beat Gallovits, some other matches as well that don't pop into my head immediately. In 2010 I watched the finals live, where Yanina beat Flavia. Last year I was only able to get to the qualifying and watched the rest on tv.

I'm not much of a camera person, I like to travel light, I've never taken pics or videos of players, and (obviously) I've never uploaded my own pics or videos, but just maybe I'll try to do it this year. If I do anything it will most likely be videos, which require a little less attention once the camera is set up, and probably during the qualies weekend, since I have a lot more freedom to move around at that time, and I'm also more likely to have space to set up a tripod during that time. I like to watch the tennis with my own eyes so I don't want to have to look through a viewfinder, so having a camera set up in position and only having to start and stop recordings sounds the most feasible.

Naturally, reports from the qualies weekend will be posted by me somewhere in TF. If I attend another day I'll also report on those matches.

_inocencia_
Nov 27th, 2011, 10:58 AM
i tought i will see 12 pictures of her lol. i knew she plays Auckland

Nena_xxx
Dec 1st, 2011, 10:02 PM
She can win some nice points in Auckland. That's nice chance before AO.

Dispeker
Dec 2nd, 2011, 09:49 AM
She can win some nice points in Auckland. That's nice chance before AO.

Well, she reached the semis here last year. So, I for one would be more than happy if she defended those nice points from 2011. :) Won't be that easy, though..

Banditoo
Dec 3rd, 2011, 08:22 AM
Sydney Early Entry List:

1. Caroline Wozniacki
2. Petra Kvitova
3. Victoria Azarenka
4. Na Li
5. Samantha Stosur
6. Vera Zvonareva
7. Agnieszka Radwanska
8. Marion Bartoli
9. Andrea Petkovic
10. Francesca Schiavone
11. Jelena Jankovic
12. Sabine Lisicki
13. Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova
14. Shuai Peng
15. Dominika Cibulkova
16. Svetlana Kuznetsova
17. Flavia Pennetta
18. Julia Goerges
19. Ana Ivanovic
20. Roberta Vinci
21. Q
22. Q
23. Q
24. Q
25. Q
26. Q
27. WC
28. WC
29. WC
30. WC
31. Bye
32. Bye

Nena_xxx
Dec 3rd, 2011, 04:58 PM
I don't think that it will be a problem for Julia to win Auckland if she prepares well for next season. She can be good as hell when she wants.

Dispeker
Dec 4th, 2011, 04:46 PM
I don't think that it will be a problem for Julia to win Auckland if she prepares well for next season. She can be good as hell when she wants.

Of course, she's able to win it. But this is just as likely to happen as an early-round loss. She is still a surprise bag and I doubt that this will change in the near future. :shrug:

Nena_xxx
Dec 5th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Of course, she's able to win it. But this is just as likely to happen as an early-round loss. She is still a surprise bag and I doubt that this will change in the near future. :shrug:

Yeah, agree. But high hopes that she'll show her full potential and doing it constantly.

Dispeker
Dec 6th, 2011, 03:41 PM
Yeah, agree. But high hopes that she'll show her full potential and doing it constantly.

Hope dies last. :) By the way, I like your optimistic attitude - I hope you keep it ;)

Nena_xxx
Dec 6th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Hope dies last. :) By the way, I like your optimistic attitude - I hope you keep it ;)

If you won't a bit of positive attitude, I can give u a bit. :lol:

Dispeker
Dec 7th, 2011, 08:48 AM
If you won't a bit of positive attitude, I can give u a bit. :lol:

As regards her tournament performances, I really could need some of it. ;)

Nena_xxx
Dec 7th, 2011, 01:13 PM
I just realized that I wrote "won't" instead of want. Haha... My bad.. :lol:

18majors
Dec 24th, 2011, 12:10 AM
Good luck at Auckland, Julia.

HowardH
Dec 24th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Good luck in Auckland, Julia. Although the weather forecast seems to be quite bad for the beginning of that week, it's still a week away so there's plenty of time for the forecast to change.

joy division
Dec 24th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Still a long way to go, but she`ll play an exhibition match against Sabine on 29.1.12 in Seeburg, close to Berlin.:bounce:
http://www.maerkischeallgemeine.de/cms/beitrag/12242817/60719/Sabine-Lisicki-und-Julia-Goerges-werden-in-der.html

18majors
Dec 25th, 2011, 02:59 PM
Have a great 2012 season, Julia.

Dispeker
Dec 29th, 2011, 02:15 PM
The German news magazine Der Spiegel predicts Julia will make it big next year – whatever that means :) (Page 145 of the print edition, No. 52).

Unlike BILD, „der Spiegel“ has a good reputation for solid investigative journalism. If this magazine dares to make such a claim, it must have credible sources – maybe Sascha told them how many umpires he already bribed, I don't know.

Anyway, I for one have already chilled the champagne. :banana:

Banditoo
Jan 4th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Julia's Calendar for now:

Syndey
AO
and then Paris

Banditoo
Jan 6th, 2012, 06:50 PM
After paris she is going to play in Doha. What a full program!

mk27
Jan 18th, 2012, 03:43 PM
And after Doha she will play Dubai

For the next weeks:
Fed Cup
Paris
Doha
Dubai

RobM88
Jan 22nd, 2012, 05:30 PM
With virtually nothing to defend until April, Julia actually has a chance now to "right the ship"... We're all discouraged by the loss to Aga, but Julia's had a few bad losses in the past (on big and small occasions) and she's always bounced back pretty well. (Serena and Jankovic sure, but Coco Vandeweghe, Rodina and Xinyun Han?!)

They key is to get fully healthy and fit as she says constantly. I think the most concerning thing is that we couldn't see the MOTIVATION in that match yesterday, the FIGHT that we are used to seeing more of. It's like she had no knowledge of the Aga/Bethanie match - not one drop shot was attempted, nothing to mix anything up at all.

A few good wins at Doha or Dubai and she can build her point total before the Stuttgart and Madrid points come off in April. In reality just a few rounds at Miami or Indian Wells would bounce her up the rankings a bit more.

So good luck Julia - I think she can recover from this one loss. And with her pattern maybe we'll see the fourth round in all grand slams this year?!

Banditoo
Feb 25th, 2012, 08:32 PM
She is going to play in Charleston.

robpal
Feb 25th, 2012, 08:35 PM
Yep. She played pretty well there last year and then this horrible QF with Vesnina happened :(

joy division
Feb 26th, 2012, 08:20 AM
I have a bad feeling that this marathon (Paris, Doha, Dubai, Indian Wells, Miami, Charleston, Stuttgart, Madrid, Rome, RG) won't end well. No time for rest! :mad:

During the US spring she should quite easily reach a combo 3rd round+3rd round. Let's say it's a minimum for her :)
Well it`s her job and she is a workaholic.
But yes, her way of playing is in many ways strength-sapping. And she will be pretty tired now after Dubai.
She didn`t even twitter something till now.:D
Julia has got two weeks now till IW and she should use the time mainly for recovering.
I guess she will skip some tournaments when she will be successful at the upcoming events like every other player does.

Banditoo
Feb 26th, 2012, 08:48 AM
I think her calendar will look like:

Week off
IW
IW(Week off)
Maimi
Maimi(Week off)
Charleston
Week off
Fed Cup
Stuttgart
Madrid
Rome
Brussels
Roland Garros
Roland Garros (Week off)
Week off
Eastbourne
Wimbledon
Wimbledon
Week off
Bastad (?)
Week off (Baku)
Olimpic Games (Week off)
Week off
Montreal
Cininnati
New Haven
US Open
Us Open (Week off)

:lol:

Skoo
Feb 26th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Well, aren't you optimistic about her performances in majors :lol: I am optimistic that she will reach at least one QF :cool:

Banditoo
Feb 26th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Well, aren't you optimistic about her performances in majors :lol: I am optimistic that she will reach at least one QF :cool:

In Miami or RG for sure. :lol: It will be very dissapointing if she doesn't qualify for Olimpic Games. But then she can play in Baku and Montreal. She can skip Brussels and New Haven but last year she said that she really want to play in Brussels.

Skoo
Feb 26th, 2012, 11:06 AM
In Miami or RG for sure. :lol: It will be very dissapointing if she doesn't qualify for Olimpic Games. But then she can play in Baku and Montreal. She can skip Brussels and New Haven but last year she said that she really want to play in Brussels.

Nah, in Madrid, Wimbledon and USO. And she's getting a second Porsche :lol: Of course she will qualify for the Olympics. She's just starting now. But some easy draws might ruin her plans :lol: But there's no chance for an easy draw in the upcoming events, so everything's fine.

HowardH
Feb 26th, 2012, 11:08 AM
In Miami or RG for sure. :lol: It will be very disappointing if she doesn't qualify for the Olympic Games. But then she can play in Baku and Montreal. She can skip Brussels and New Haven but last year she said that she really wanted to play in Brussels.

Since you gave me permission I took the liberty of proofreading your post. I will tend to do this without mentioning it further when I quote you.

Apparently it might be tougher for Julia to qualify for the Olympics than for some of the other German girls. The slam semifinal helps Kerber and Lisicki quite a bit, and Julia is yet to do that well in a slam. However if Petkovic is still injured and unable to play, then Julia's chances of qualifying for the Olympics go up a lot. Hopefully Petkovic is fit and Julia manages to qualify by herself.

I still think it's silly for any country to add additional qualifying criteria, as Germany has done.

In NZ there is a lot of doubt over whether the NZ Olympic committee will allow Erakovic to go. They have ridiculous criteria- as you can see in this article here: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/tennis/6478734/Marina-Erakovic-has-Olympics-firmly-in-sights

The NZOC only wants to let her go if she gets in the top 16 :help:. They have no idea of the scope and size of the game of tennis, and are comparing it to sports like swimming, cycling, shooting, rowing, athletics. Marina is doing well in a very big sport and is every bit as deserving of going to the Olympics as the other NZ athletes going. We aren't a big tennis nation like Germany. We should send anyone we're allowed to. In Germany it's different, they have a lot of choices, so they can pick and choose.

mk27
Feb 28th, 2012, 10:40 PM
She will play Barcelona :eek:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=21029655&postcount=7

I think that's a bit too much with Indian Wells, Miami and Charleston the weeks before.

joy division
Feb 28th, 2012, 11:00 PM
She will play Barcelona :eek:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=21029655&postcount=7

I think that's a bit too much with Indian Wells, Miami and Charleston the weeks before.

I can`t imagine that Julia will not withdraw a tournament when she went deep at the previous or when she is tired at some point.
Julia and her team want to make sure that she can play the next week when she should go out early at a tournament.
When she was a consistent Top Ten player she probably would plan in a different way.
And there`s nothing unusual with that - compared to the most other players she plays a lot more events.

robpal
Feb 28th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Everything depends on her results in previous tournaments.
She's on the entry list just as a precaution (or that's what I think).

It's easier to pull out than to get a WC ;)

mk27
May 1st, 2012, 06:53 PM
After Roland Garros she will play in Bad Gastein

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=21349939&postcount=4

Rovegun
May 1st, 2012, 07:05 PM
After Roland Garros she will play in Bad Gastein

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=21349939&postcount=4

I guess she has to love that place but no wonder it´s a beatiful and peaceful place to live... when I think of myself like being a pro I would love to have a residence in den Alpen:D

mk27
Jun 2nd, 2012, 02:57 PM
She will play in Palermo after Wimbledon :help:

Banditoo
Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:12 PM
She will play in Palermo after Wimbledon :help:

EL headed by A.Radwanska, Vinci, Kanepi, Errani, Goerges :tape:

If she win match against Rus, she'll qualify for the Olympics! :bounce:

mk27
Jun 8th, 2012, 10:01 AM
More clay court tournaments to come. After Palermo she will play Bastad.

selesia
Jun 8th, 2012, 03:25 PM
It's not on her official website.

According to users of this forum she was going to play Brusselss and other tourneys too...

Michael!
Jun 8th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Bad Gastein is so weak, many girls withdrew! :lol:
But we´ll see, Julia could get unlucky and face a decent player soon, who knows or she fucks it up herself again :tape:
Hopefully she gets a good draw and plays decent tennis, SF should be the goal then for sure!

mk27
Aug 11th, 2012, 11:35 AM
She will play another MM tournament with Seoul :facepalm:

Skoo
Aug 11th, 2012, 11:58 AM
She will play another MM tournament with Seoul :facepalm:

Just practice for Tokyo :shrug:

mk27
Aug 11th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Just practice for Tokyo :shrug:

That means she will lose before the QF (maybe SF) in Seoul :oh:
Julia has reached the semis of MM tournaments only 2 times since the beginning of 2011.

Skoo
Aug 11th, 2012, 12:07 PM
That means she will lose before the QF (maybe SF) in Seoul :oh:
Julia has reached the semis of MM tournaments only 2 times since the beginning of 2011.

Well, she clearly doesn't put much effort into them, for whatever reason :)

Dispeker
Aug 11th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Well, she clearly doesn't put much effort into them, for whatever reason :)

or a bit too much effort, remember (http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=ws8dw0&s=7)? (Still thankful for capturing this, Skoo :worship:)

Skoo
Aug 11th, 2012, 12:25 PM
or a bit too much effort, remember (http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=ws8dw0&s=7)? (Still thankful for capturing this, Skoo :worship:)

The practice was not working there :lol: I suppose it's also pretty difficult to deal with MJMS's balls.

mk27
Sep 14th, 2012, 09:27 PM
She will play every week from now till the end of the season.

Seoul, Tokyo, Beijing, Linz and then Luxembourg