View Full Version : Alize season 2012

Pages : [1] 2

Sombrerero loco
Nov 16th, 2011, 10:28 PM
i open this thread to follow alize´s steps in 2012 :worship:
good luck in the australian, alize!

HowardH
Nov 18th, 2011, 04:36 AM
And good luck in whatever lead up you play Alize!

Renaud
Nov 20th, 2011, 04:08 PM
Denain v TCBB
2-0 pour Denain, Kathrin Woerle a gagné 6/2 6/1 et Anna-Lena Groenefeld 6/2 6/3

Victoire 6/2 6/3 contre Laura Thorpe! Denain mčne 4/0. Victory against Laura. Denain is leading 4/0 before doubles

Sombrerero loco
Nov 20th, 2011, 04:26 PM
nice scoreline huh? :hearts:

Sombrerero loco
Dec 5th, 2011, 07:04 PM
she may start her season at auckland qualies^^

Sombrerero loco
Dec 28th, 2011, 10:41 PM
she plays auckland qualies, then sidney qualies, then aus open

HowardH
Dec 29th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Good luck in Auckland Alize. She'll probably have to play the qualies with a covered roof though, given the weather forecast.

Dorien.
Dec 30th, 2011, 04:48 PM
Sofia Arvidsson SWE [4] vs Eva Birnerova CZE
Bibiane Schoofs NED vs Monica Puig PUR [WC]
Jill Craybas USA vs Karolina Pliskova CZE
Claire Feuerstein FRA [WC] vs Alize Cornet FRA- [7]

Her part of draw. Hopefully she can win some matches. Good luck :rocker:

Sombrerero loco
Dec 30th, 2011, 05:28 PM
she should win at least 2 matches!

HowardH
Dec 31st, 2011, 06:16 AM
She lost 1 and 4 :sad:. I watched it (from the second set) live in Albany, on the North Shore of Auckland. It was painful. Alize looked so lovely, but unfortunately her tennis was not good. I will try to give more details in a more in depth report later, but the general gist is this: I think most people beat Claire by exploiting her slightly more erratic 1hbh and her lack of athleticism (she isn't exactly in the best shape, not terrible, but compared to Alize who has a fantastic figure, Claire is definitely on the heavy side). Alize was unable to exploit either the bh or Claire's movement because she was mostly on defence. Claire was able to hit a lot of fhs, running around the bh.

I think Alize wasn't timing the ball very well. Her fh was mistimed a lot, and tended to go long. The match was moved indoors (and away from ASB which is in central Auckland) due to the weather and these conditions (similar to the French interclubs, from what I have seen) seemed to suit Claire more. Still, I would have expected Alize to win. However, she struggled not only to hold but also to threaten on Claire's service games. Claire's lefty serve was giving Alize issues, but I don't think it's that amazing, just a good serve.

Anyway... I felt sad for Alize. I guess when you slump you can lose to all sorts of people. She was nearly in tears at one point, when her coach (that older guy) came on to try to comfort her.

This is doubly annoying for me. Firstly, I'm pissed off that they only gave one QWC to a NZer and gave the others to Feuerstein, Rampre, and Puig. Secondly, Alize lost :sad:.

By the way, I videoed a lot of the second set. If people want to see it then ask me and I'll see if I can upload it somewhere. I've never uploaded a video before but I can try.

Nicolas
Dec 31st, 2011, 08:32 AM
thx Howard
you should put the vid in Youtube

Alizé :help: not the best start.... at least she lost to a Frenchie, but as you say, one of the unfittest of all.... even indoors Cornet SHOULDNT lose so easily to such players...

Sombrerero loco
Dec 31st, 2011, 10:03 AM
thank you so much.poor alize =(
please upload the video.i would like to see it please^^

Dorien.
Dec 31st, 2011, 10:11 AM
I feel so sorry for Alizé :hug: In my opinion it's more and more a mental problem.

HowardH
Dec 31st, 2011, 11:44 AM
So, people seem to want to see the video. Well, I guess I have to learn how to upload a video then...

By the way, Happy New Year everyone! It's 2012 here now in Auckland.

Sombrerero loco
Dec 31st, 2011, 11:45 AM
happy new year!
you can upload it on youtube or megaupload :)

donellcarey
Jan 2nd, 2012, 06:13 AM
This is such a disturbing loss. Seriously, I don't know what to expect now.

Langers
Jan 2nd, 2012, 07:42 AM
This is such a disturbing loss. Seriously, I don't know what to expect now.
Completely agree with this. This loss, and the scoreline= :help:

She's got 3R points to defend at the AO. Good luck with that. :tape: :o

Dorien.
Jan 2nd, 2012, 06:51 PM
She won her doubles. Thank you Monica.

HowardH
Jan 5th, 2012, 05:11 PM
Lost doubles quarterfinal against Pennetta and Julia, losing a super tb 10-8 after winning the first set (and after being up 4-1 in the super tb). A bit unlucky really. Monica was definitely helping to carry Alize, but Alize seems to be a bit better in doubles than singles right now.

Sombrerero loco
Jan 5th, 2012, 05:13 PM
alize is playing sydney qualies, she is facing pivovarova to begin with
allez alize! :)

Dorien.
Jan 5th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Not a bad draw. Good luck Alizé :rocker:

jiffster
Jan 6th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Yes a nice draw, however its really up to Alize to get her game together. If she stays mentally weak, she can lose to anyone. Pivovarova is capable of playing pretty good on hard courts.

Renaud
Jan 6th, 2012, 11:10 AM
6-2 4-1 Ret.

next Mirjana Lucic

Sombrerero loco
Jan 6th, 2012, 11:13 AM
allez alize, keep winning!!

HowardH
Jan 6th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Keep going Alize.

Nena_xxx
Jan 6th, 2012, 12:55 PM
:cheer:

Dorien.
Jan 6th, 2012, 05:07 PM
Next one will be a lot tougher. Good luck :rocker:

Archaeo
Jan 7th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Cornet d. Lucic 6-4 1-6 6-1 :D

Scheepers in the next round. Allez!:rocker2:

Sombrerero loco
Jan 7th, 2012, 09:38 AM
well done alize, just one more to qualify! please win :)

HowardH
Jan 7th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Good luck to Alize. But to be honest this match is far more difficult than the first two.

Nena_xxx
Jan 7th, 2012, 12:36 PM
YEEY Alize! :cheer: Keep it up!

donellcarey
Jan 7th, 2012, 02:01 PM
God, finally some wins! She really needs to find her faith back, otherwise she may never do anything big again!!! Good luck with Scheepers, that's gonna be a tricky one.

Sombrerero loco
Jan 7th, 2012, 02:59 PM
i really wanna see how alize does against scheepers.she finally won a couple of matches but scheepers will be really harder

Dorien.
Jan 7th, 2012, 06:43 PM
This is really a nice win :) Hopefully she is believing in it a bit more now :)

donellcarey
Jan 8th, 2012, 03:36 AM
46 46, tough loss.

HowardH
Jan 8th, 2012, 04:31 AM
:hug: Alize

Sombrerero loco
Jan 8th, 2012, 09:48 AM
alize :hug: lets pray for a miracle at AO...

Dorien.
Jan 8th, 2012, 12:02 PM
Alizé :hug: but at least she won 2 matches. That's already a start.

Nena_xxx
Jan 8th, 2012, 05:17 PM
I followed live score until 5:4 in 2nd set. Alize was 1:4 down is that set, and she won 3 games in row and had 40:0 on her serve, but she was broken. What a shame.

améliemomo
Jan 9th, 2012, 09:53 AM
alize :hug: lets pray for a miracle at AO...

she'll need a miracle you re right

her serve is pure shit and her attitude the same. See her drop out of the top100 after the AO

Nena_xxx
Jan 13th, 2012, 12:21 AM
WOZNIACKI, Caroline DEN [1] - RODIONOVA, Anastasia AUS
BARTY, Ashleigh AUS (W) - TATISHVILI, Anna GEO
PARMENTIER, Pauline FRA - KUDRYAVTSEVA, Alla RUS
CORNET, Alize FRA - NICULESCU, Monica ROU [31]
SAFAROVA, Lucie CZE [24] - MCHALE, Christina USA
QUALIFIER (Q) - ERAKOVIC, Marina NZL
QUALIFIER (Q) - MARTIC, Petra CRO
QUALIFIER (Q) - JANKOVIC, Jelena SRB [13

Sombrerero loco
Jan 13th, 2012, 12:27 AM
beating niculescu means staying in the top 100...so please beat her alize!

donellcarey
Jan 13th, 2012, 01:37 AM
Niculescu is doable...but with her actual form, I'm not confident...

katshearts
Jan 13th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Niculescu is doable...but with her actual form, I'm not confident...

How can you judge what her actual form is at the moment? She made it to the third rd of qualifiers in Sydney, I didn't see the game but I would say Scheepers probably played really well since she was able to take a set of Li in the next match.

Sucks that she has Parmentier in rd 2 if they both make it :bigcry:

Sombrerero loco
Jan 13th, 2012, 04:46 PM
i would love to see that match because it would mean alize gets 100 points here :)

Dorien.
Jan 13th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Let's go Alizé :rocker:

Sombrerero loco
Jan 13th, 2012, 07:07 PM
i really want her to beat niculescu, please...its so important^^

HowardH
Jan 13th, 2012, 11:29 PM
C'mon Alize, beat her.

jiffster
Jan 14th, 2012, 08:08 PM
I agree that Niculescu is beatable. She had a nice end to 2011, but hasn't posted great results yet in 2012. Its up to Alize, if she plays well she can win it. This has the potential to be an ugly match, but hopefully a win! :yeah:

HowardH
Jan 15th, 2012, 07:50 PM
It appears Alize's match will be streamed. She's on court 6.

Nena_xxx
Jan 16th, 2012, 12:41 PM
Poor Alize... :hug: It really breaks my heart to see her cry like that...

Sombrerero loco
Jan 16th, 2012, 12:44 PM
my heart broke as well =(((( alize....come on =(

améliemomo
Jan 16th, 2012, 12:53 PM
horrible, disgusting match from both players, OMG wta fall so badly to have such a seed as niculescu:tape::help:

but as expected alize game too bad to stay in top100, she'll fall around 120 in the ranking and it is just logic regarding what she showed there

jiffster
Jan 16th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Did not see the match, but it sounds like it was ugly? Yet another Alize mental meltdown? :confused:
She won just 29% of her first service points in the second set against a very weak seed. :help:
New year, but same old problems. No serve, bad mental attitude, poor coaching. Much needs to change if she ever wants to be top 100 again. :sad:

Blackowl_1
Jan 16th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Hey everyone...new here...i have watched the match,and Alize didn't play as ugly as i have expected...she was particulary good but choked a 3-1 lead in the third set...possitive thing about her preformance is her better movement,but her serve,mental attitude and forehand are really big disadvantages :/ But credit to Niculescu...she exsecuted well and most of the time she made Alize to make a lot of errors with her slices and moonballs...but i forgot..Alize was really attacking Niculescu's second serves and she was most of the times successful :)

Blackowl_1
Jan 16th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Unfortunately i can't upload her pictures,so if you want to see them go to zimbio.com
Also,you can notice that her's Lacoste outfit is kinda uggly but she looks nice as always :)

HowardH
Jan 16th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Poor Alize. :sad:

Sombrerero loco
Jan 16th, 2012, 07:24 PM
someone should talk to her and tell her we are all with her :) forever

Dorien.
Jan 16th, 2012, 08:03 PM
Alizé :sobbing: I feel so sad for her :sad:

katshearts
Jan 17th, 2012, 10:37 AM
I was definitely devastated that she lost :sad: Such a long match and finished so late as well!

Let's hope she can win in dubs tomorrow.

jiffster
Jan 17th, 2012, 02:40 PM
She has drawn Kuznetsova/Zvonareva in the first round doubles. A small miracle is needed for her to advance...

katshearts
Jan 18th, 2012, 06:56 AM
Lost 6-7. 4-6. Had a 4-0 lead in the second set.

:facepalm:

HowardH
Jan 18th, 2012, 10:19 AM
Really? A 4-0 lead? :sad:

Blackowl_1
Jan 26th, 2012, 09:42 PM
Alize has been nominated to play Fed Cup along with Pauline Parmantier,Aravane Rezai and Virginie Razzano...Hope that they can do well :)

Sombrerero loco
Jan 26th, 2012, 09:49 PM
i really hope she plays a single match or at least doubles

Alizé Molik
Jan 27th, 2012, 01:34 AM
I have no expectations on this team.

HowardH
Jan 27th, 2012, 03:41 AM
Given that Vera and Sveta have reached the finals a 6 and 4 loss to them doesn't seem so bad. Although they did lose a 4-0 lead.

Slovak rep will prob be a bit too tough for this team. I presume they will have Dani and Domi?

Blackowl_1
Jan 27th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Given that Vera and Sveta have reached the finals a 6 and 4 loss to them doesn't seem so bad. Although they did lose a 4-0 lead.

Slovak rep will prob be a bit too tough for this team. I presume they will have Dani and Domi?

Yes they have...also Rybarikova and Cepelova play for Slovakia...and of course i forgot to mention that France has young talent Kristina Mladenovic in their team :)

jiffster
Jan 30th, 2012, 04:16 PM
I agree, on paper it looks like a pretty weak team. I'd be surprised to see Alize in a singles match. I don't think she has earned that honor, they are playing on a hard court, and her past record in Fed Cup is awful. I think she could have success in the doubles.

New singles ranking is 115, not many points to defend until Indian Wells.

jiffster
Feb 3rd, 2012, 02:26 PM
Alize and Mladenovic are scheduled to play the round 5 doubles in FedCup this weekend against Hantuchova/Cibulkova. Parmentier and Razzano will play the singles matches against Hantuchova and Cibulkova. Lets hope that Parmentier remembers her win over Daniela in the US Open last year.

Sombrerero loco
Feb 3rd, 2012, 02:33 PM
GL girls :) allez

Sombrerero loco
Feb 5th, 2012, 01:02 PM
alize is facing hantuchova in the 4th point in the fed cup
allez alize =)
slovakia leads 2-1

Blackowl_1
Feb 5th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Alize lost to Hantchova 6-3 6-4...but this was great performance by her...played her game,defended well and backhand was working pretty well...unfortunately missed volley at breakpoint at 4-5 changed momentum...but she saved 2 match point with backhand down the line and crosscourt :)

Sombrerero loco
Feb 5th, 2012, 07:12 PM
alize :hug:

HowardH
Feb 6th, 2012, 01:56 AM
Poor Alize :hug: :sad:

jiffster
Feb 6th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Kudos to Alize for giving it her best, but what was Escude thinking?

To pull Razzano (who had the only win for the team at that point) when they were in a must win situation...and replace her with Alize who has not produced results in Fed Cup? In his interview after the match he defended the action by saying that Alize was by far the best player in practice all week. So what...you don't win tournaments on the practice court, and Alize has not proven that she can get it done when it matters lately. Escude also pointed to Alize's good record against Daniela?? Alize has lost the last three matches they played (including FedCup)...the last time Alize beat Daniela was in 2009 when she was at her peak form. Razzano has beat Hantuchova 3 of the last 4 times they played...not that recently...but still she has a pretty good record against Daniela. Escude also said that he wanted Razzano to be fresh for the doubles?? That makes no sense, because if you don't win the Hantuchova match then the doubles don't matter. Besides Alize is a pretty good doubles player, and would have still given them a chance if Razzano had played and won that match.

Escude said after the match that "we will never know" what might have happened if he had let Razzano play. All of us here are fans of Alize, and cheer for her to do well...but c'mon all of us knew what was likely to happen if Alize is put into this match. Escude has been there for most of Alize's FedCup losses, collapses, mental breakdowns...he's not stupid, he should have seen this result coming. Alize referred to her lack of aggression and some stupid mistakes for losing the match. Sounds familiar at this point. She also said her tennis is getting better and hopes to compete with the top players again soon. Where is the evidence that her game is improving??

Maybe Razzano would have lost, or maybe she would have won. The shame is that she was the higher ranked player, with a big win already, and deserved the chance to play that match. Just like Alize deserved to play over Mauresmo a few years back when Alize was the French number 1.

Sombrerero loco
Feb 6th, 2012, 03:49 PM
alize has been given a wc to play paris indoors, she is playing zakopalova =)

améliemomo
Feb 6th, 2012, 04:11 PM
Kudos to Alize for giving it her best, but what was Escude thinking?

To pull Razzano (who had the only win for the team at that point) when they were in a must win situation...and replace her with Alize who has not produced results in Fed Cup? In his interview after the match he defended the action by saying that Alize was by far the best player in practice all week. So what...you don't win tournaments on the practice court, and Alize has not proven that she can get it done when it matters lately. Escude also pointed to Alize's good record against Daniela?? Alize has lost the last three matches they played (including FedCup)...the last time Alize beat Daniela was in 2009 when she was at her peak form. Razzano has beat Hantuchova 3 of the last 4 times they played...not that recently...but still she has a pretty good record against Daniela. Escude also said that he wanted Razzano to be fresh for the doubles?? That makes no sense, because if you don't win the Hantuchova match then the doubles don't matter. Besides Alize is a pretty good doubles player, and would have still given them a chance if Razzano had played and won that match.

Escude said after the match that "we will never know" what might have happened if he had let Razzano play. All of us here are fans of Alize, and cheer for her to do well...but c'mon all of us knew what was likely to happen if Alize is put into this match. Escude has been there for most of Alize's FedCup losses, collapses, mental breakdowns...he's not stupid, he should have seen this result coming. Alize referred to her lack of aggression and some stupid mistakes for losing the match. Sounds familiar at this point. She also said her tennis is getting better and hopes to compete with the top players again soon. Where is the evidence that her game is improving??

Maybe Razzano would have lost, or maybe she would have won. The shame is that she was the higher ranked player, with a big win already, and deserved the chance to play that match. Just like Alize deserved to play over Mauresmo a few years back when Alize was the French number 1.

dont try to understand what can NOT be understood. Escude must be fired and NOW but the fft wont assume all the shit this guy made to the french fed cup team. Virginie had to play but he chose Alize who is not able to assume this statut cause she hasnt have the game for! NEVER I could imagine especially after Virginie impressive win over cibulkova that she wont play against hantuchova. I'm really angry now against the french tennis federation, against Escude who sucks

Amélie said that she is ready to be the next captain but only if the players wants her in this job. They have to ask her to become their captain. But till then France will be relegated to the world group 3. So angry about this situation:fiery:

donellcarey
Feb 6th, 2012, 04:35 PM
Pls, at least win one against Zakapalova!

Sombrerero loco
Feb 6th, 2012, 04:37 PM
zakopalova is winnable. if she beats her, there is still some hope for her

Blackowl_1
Feb 6th, 2012, 07:00 PM
Alize starts her Paris(Indoors) campaign against Klara Zakopalova of Czech Republic...definitely a match she can win,and then a possible second round match against Na Li.Allez :)

Dorien.
Feb 7th, 2012, 07:15 PM
She won her first doubles match with Brianti against Bratchikova and Jurak. :)

Sombrerero loco
Feb 7th, 2012, 07:18 PM
she is playing her first round match in singles against zakopalova 2nd turn of tomorrow =)

Blackowl_1
Feb 7th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Alize also has opened draw,as Na Li retired today...she has wining record against Pironkova and Zakopalova isn't much a great player :)

Sombrerero loco
Feb 7th, 2012, 10:59 PM
she should win against zakopalova...

HowardH
Feb 8th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Streams at livescorehunter:

I'm watching here: http://www.lshunter.tv/streams/1/lshro1.html

Zakopalova's form is very iffy as well, this is a big opportunity for both girls to get a rare win.

However, Klara is probably better on indoor hard. Alize is not a good indoor hard player, so I'm not sure... well let's see. Go Alize!

Sombrerero loco
Feb 8th, 2012, 12:13 PM
she won 1st game :)

Sombrerero loco
Feb 8th, 2012, 01:01 PM
really awful performance today :facepalm: only pushing the ball, no confidence at all, no game plan... :spit:

HowardH
Feb 8th, 2012, 01:51 PM
I go away for a little bit and come back to an awful loss to Klara, who up until now had not won a single match this season. Lost 3 and 1. Well, it's not a good surface for Alize, but still... I saw the beginning, Klara could barely keep a ball in court. I thought Alize had a chance against such an out of form opponent.

jiffster
Feb 8th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Too bad, and with Li Na losing she may have had a chance against Pironkova in the next round. Although the way she played today she's not going to beat anyone.

donellcarey
Feb 8th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Just painful.

améliemomo
Feb 8th, 2012, 04:39 PM
she should win against zakopalova...

yeah in another world. She better get back and play ONLY itf imo but she doesnt want to accept the fact today she's an ITF level player. That's REALITY.

another humiliation in front of her home crowd after Roland Garros last year. Giving her a wc here is not helping her at all. Go back to itf and win at least one!!!

donellcarey
Feb 8th, 2012, 05:08 PM
I still remember her being humiliated by Golovin here in Paris Indoor 1st round, the score was like 26 26, also a wildcard, also 4 games she gained, but that was like 5 yrs ago!!!!!!

donellcarey
Feb 8th, 2012, 05:08 PM
She rly shud just go back to some itf tournaments on clay and on hard, at least find herself some winning stream.

Dorien.
Feb 8th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Alizé :hug: Really needs some wins is lower tournaments

Sombrerero loco
Feb 8th, 2012, 09:12 PM
she should play on clay right now, and after that itf. go to south america right now

Tomic
Feb 9th, 2012, 03:29 AM
do Alize have a coach

HowardH
Feb 9th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Well on the plus side Alize did get 1 more game than Tsvetana off Klara.

Sombrerero loco
Feb 9th, 2012, 03:37 PM
:haha:

jiffster
Feb 11th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Zakopalova has made the semi's. Makes Alize's loss look a little less bad. She is in the draw in Acapulco on the red clay.

Sombrerero loco
Feb 11th, 2012, 04:51 PM
it was a terrible loss anyway, she played so poorly =S

Nena_xxx
Feb 11th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Alize is wasting too much energy on screaming and stuffs that have nothing to do with her game plan. :shrug: Until she resolve that, her game ain't gonna be better.

jiffster
Feb 12th, 2012, 03:16 PM
Thanks to HowardH for the video, I was able to watch the match this morning. I think she played pretty well at the beginning, but a big problem is still her ineffective serve. She missed too many first serves, and her second serve is too predictable. By the second set, Zakopalova was dialed in on Alize's second serve and was pounding it. Because her serving was so ineffective, she was in a defensive position most of the match. Alize was hitting off her back foot way too much, and her shots were not very deep. This gave Zakopalova a lot of time to step into her shots and really dictate play in the second set. There were a few times during the match where Alize played a bit more aggressive, taking the ball earlier and stepping into her shots, and I think she put a lot more pressure on her opponent. I'd like to see her do this alot more, mix the pace up, and hit her looping topspins deeper. Of course, this is hard to do if you are always in a defensive position. Also, she did hit some nice angled first serves that produced easy points--but far too many weak second serves in the middle of the box. One small mental breakdown in the first set, but overall not too much yelling and screaming like she sometimes does.

Sombrerero loco
Feb 12th, 2012, 05:06 PM
she had no game plan during all the match, its not only the serve...

jiffster
Feb 19th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Alize plays Tetiana Luzhanska in the first round in Monterrey Mexico. Possible second round against Errani.

Sombrerero loco
Feb 19th, 2012, 04:27 PM
she should win the first round for sure

HowardH
Feb 20th, 2012, 01:19 PM
Allez Alize!

Dorien.
Feb 21st, 2012, 07:08 PM
She won 64 76 :cheer:

jiffster
Feb 21st, 2012, 07:10 PM
Alize defeated Luzhanska 6-4, 7-6. Match was 1 hr. 50 min. I didn't see any of it, but the stats look a little ugly. Alize broke serve 6 times, but also lost her serve 5 times. Errani is next, and will be a much tougher challenge.

Sombrerero loco
Feb 21st, 2012, 07:12 PM
please beat errani tomorrow alize :)

HowardH
Feb 22nd, 2012, 06:27 AM
Go do well against Errani Alize.

Philchaz63
Feb 22nd, 2012, 09:50 AM
Alizé was down 0-5 in the 2nd set but managed to catch up and won 7-6, helped by Luzhanska and given points. Alizé looked concentrated, played with determination. But there is a huge lack of length in her shots, and she seemed always tempted to shot in the middle of the court only waiting her opponent's errors.

Sombrerero loco
Feb 22nd, 2012, 10:20 AM
yeah, its the same story lately
fight against errani...

HowardH
Feb 23rd, 2012, 08:17 AM
She lost 2 and 3. :hug: :sad: I heard rumours that she was sick, not sure if they are true.

Sombrerero loco
Feb 23rd, 2012, 08:55 AM
another dissapointing loss, at least she defended her points
etter luck next week alize

jiffster
Feb 23rd, 2012, 02:24 PM
She is in the draw in Acapulco next week. Lets hope she can get a few wins there because she has a lot of points to defend in Indian Wells the week after where she will likely have to play the qualies.

Dorien.
Feb 23rd, 2012, 06:29 PM
You cannot call Errani a disappointing lose :shrug: Errani is playing an amazing season so far.
So you cannot accept Alizé to win this match in her current form

Sombrerero loco
Feb 23rd, 2012, 07:19 PM
alize has so much tennis, much more than errani but of course she is so mentally out and could lose to whoever right now. its so sad because she is so so talented but... =(

donellcarey
Feb 23rd, 2012, 08:37 PM
You cannot call Errani a disappointing lose :shrug: Errani is playing an amazing season so far.
So you cannot accept Alizé to win this match in her current form
This

I'm just glad she wasn't slayed by Sara cuz, let's face it, she's out of 100 in ranking.

But I'm glad that she won her first MD match here in Mexico. She needs to find her form back step by step, for her right now Errani is just too much.

donellcarey
Feb 23rd, 2012, 08:45 PM
Alrite next up Acapulco. Red clay, should be better for her.

jiffster
Feb 26th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Alize will play the 8th seed Brianti in the first round at Acapulco. Lets hope she finds her form on the red clay...

She is also the number 3 seed in doubles with Begu.

Sombrerero loco
Feb 26th, 2012, 11:44 PM
she should beat brianti on clay. vamos alize!!

jiffster
Feb 28th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Alize lost to Brianti 6-3, 3-6, 3-6. She was up a break twice in the second set but couldn't put the match away.:sad:

Sombrerero loco
Feb 28th, 2012, 01:12 PM
alize :facepalm: again awful staff

Dorien.
Feb 28th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Ooh Alizé :hug:

Blackowl_1
Feb 29th, 2012, 03:47 PM
That hurts :( But Alize is hard worker,so she will be back in her old form one day :)

Alizé Molik
Mar 5th, 2012, 02:47 AM
sad that this forum is so dead now :( Alize is at 141 this week in the rankings.

Sombrerero loco
Mar 5th, 2012, 09:26 AM
with her IW points off right?

Sombrerero loco
Mar 5th, 2012, 09:27 AM
she is 114, not 141

katshearts
Mar 5th, 2012, 11:00 AM
IW qualies vs Parra Santonja. Good luck Alizé:)

Sombrerero loco
Mar 5th, 2012, 11:12 AM
she should really beat parra...please do it alize

HowardH
Mar 6th, 2012, 12:27 AM
Come on Alize.

donellcarey
Mar 6th, 2012, 04:05 AM
Alright I can't believe I'm cheering for a qualification win but whatev, that's how she is :o

Anyway, great fight back. Next up Shuai Zhang, pls at least make the main draw.

Sombrerero loco
Mar 6th, 2012, 08:12 AM
well done alize. now please beat serena zhang, please!!

Dorien.
Mar 6th, 2012, 08:13 PM
Nice to see her winning :)

donellcarey
Mar 7th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Oh great. She's so gonna fall out of 200.

ITF plz girl!

http://www.datm.info/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/suicide.gif

HowardH
Mar 7th, 2012, 08:06 AM
So close :sad:.

I think there is a real knack to winning against any semi decent opponent, and Alize seems to have lost that knack. As a result anyone in the top 250 has good chances against her right now.

Won the first set easily 6-2 and then lost 6 and 6. Must have had a lot of chances to win the match. Did she have a matchpoint? Obviously not in the tiebreaks, because she lost them 4 and 3, but maybe before then.

Sombrerero loco
Mar 7th, 2012, 09:03 AM
that was really really bad, 2 awful chokes in both second and third set :tape:

Mar's
Mar 7th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Won the first set easily 6-2 and then lost 6 and 6. Must have had a lot of chances to win the match. Did she have a matchpoint? Obviously not in the tiebreaks, because she lost them 4 and 3, but maybe before then.
She leads 4-2 in 2nd set (then 4-5)
She leads 5-3, serving for the match in the third, had a matchpoint at 5-4 on Zhang's serve.

jiffster
Mar 7th, 2012, 01:51 PM
Very tough loss, she's going to lose a bunch of points and take another tumble in the rankings. I agree with HowardH, there is a fine line to winning and losing at this level and she has been on the wrong end of it for awhile. Don't know how she's going to change her mental attitude at this point, its been such a long slide. It doesn't get any easier, she will have to qualify in Miami where she has never played well. :sad:

Dorien.
Mar 7th, 2012, 08:31 PM
It's not like game wise she cannot win the match, it's really all about the mental part, like everybody is mentioning. I feel so sorry for her :hug:

Alizé Molik
Mar 8th, 2012, 02:56 AM
The loss today was beyond pathetic. She needs to drop back down and stop playing these high up tournaments promptly.

Sombrerero loco
Mar 8th, 2012, 09:50 AM
yeah, i do agree finally with you...she should play right now 25k, or 50k and try to get some victories, or she will keep on losing every match

Alizé Molik
Mar 8th, 2012, 12:35 PM
It is not as though I want Alize to be stuck being a nobody player on the ITF tour but realistically she needs to get some wins and the only way is to build her game back again in lower tour tournaments.

HowardH
Mar 11th, 2012, 01:16 PM
A report from someone who was at the match- fantic.

S Zhang (CHN) d [23] A Cornet (FRA) 26 76(4) 76(3)

Watched from the 2nd till the last, did my watching this effected the outcome :bigcry: Another player I supported bites the dust..
Alize didn't play that bad, just that Zhang returned many, and her serve kinda deserted her today. Maybe it was because of that obnoxious wind, but she frequently fell down after sinking the ball to the net. Also protested about the calls a lot, really showed a lot of 'variety' lol, maybe in honour of Oscar winning French film 'The Artist'? lol How did she know I was a classic film buff :p Anyway she also tried drop shotting, but Zhang reached those well and Zhang's drop shots were a bit more successful.

Dorien.
Mar 13th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Alize Cornet (FRA) d. Julia Cohen (USA) 63 46 63 :)
at least a win :p

Sombrerero loco
Mar 13th, 2012, 09:34 PM
she is playing mandy minella in the second round, go for her alize!

HowardH
Mar 14th, 2012, 02:57 PM
Eye candy in the second round match up. Wish I could watch.

On the other hand this could actually be an "ugly" match between two pretty girls :tape:.

Alizé Molik
Mar 15th, 2012, 01:58 AM
she won 61 62 which is impressive. Pliskova is up next.

Sombrerero loco
Mar 15th, 2012, 10:02 AM
alize please beat pliskova next...please, really needed

HowardH
Mar 15th, 2012, 02:07 PM
Go Alize! Make that girl run.

Blackowl_1
Mar 15th, 2012, 08:17 PM
So happy for Alize.All that hard work is paying off :) Now beat Pliskova

Dorien.
Mar 15th, 2012, 09:23 PM
That's really a great win :worship:

Philchaz63
Mar 16th, 2012, 08:36 PM
6/1 6/1 against Pliskova, now Keothavong on the same day. Common !

Dorien.
Mar 16th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Great win :cool:

Sombrerero loco
Mar 16th, 2012, 10:46 PM
wow alize :hearts:

donellcarey
Mar 16th, 2012, 11:07 PM
:hearts:

Who's her opponent in the final?

Sombrerero loco
Mar 16th, 2012, 11:51 PM
aleks wozniak
go for it alize!

Alizé Molik
Mar 17th, 2012, 03:59 AM
I hope she sees now how beneficial ITF can be when you are low on confidence! I think she is playing without pressure this week and it is helping. Wish she had done this a long time ago..

HowardH
Mar 17th, 2012, 07:38 AM
Good luck in the final Alize! I'm glad to see both Alize and Aleks doing better, even at itf level.

katshearts
Mar 17th, 2012, 11:38 PM
She lost to Aleks 6/4 7/5 :sad: still a good week nonetheless.

HowardH
Mar 18th, 2012, 12:13 AM
Alize :hug:. Nice to make a final anyway.

jiffster
Mar 18th, 2012, 04:07 PM
Good job this week. She gained back the points she lost at Indian Wells last week, and had some impressive scorelines. Let's hope she can keep the momentum going into the Miami qualies. :)

Alizé Molik
Mar 19th, 2012, 02:44 AM
The best thing is if she can get as much confidence during these hard court tournaments and then when clay starts hopefully have a few good runs. Like 2007 style :D

Sombrerero loco
Mar 19th, 2012, 11:20 AM
please qualify at miami
first round against bratchikova

donellcarey
Mar 19th, 2012, 09:58 PM
:cheer:

Sombrerero loco
Mar 19th, 2012, 10:00 PM
one match to qualify =) allez alize

Dorien.
Mar 19th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Well done Alizé :cheer:

HowardH
Mar 20th, 2012, 01:28 AM
Good win I think.

jiffster
Mar 20th, 2012, 02:34 AM
Yes it was a good win today. I was at the match and am happy to say that Alize played really well today. Her serving game was pretty good, but she was able to put alot of pressure on her opponent with her groundstrokes. She did a pretty good job of keeping her emotions in check, except for a little falter near the end of the match when she let three match points slip away. She got a bit upset with herself, but to her credit she shook it off and served out the match. Its the best I've seen her play in person in awhile, hopefully she will keep it up tomorrow. She is the first match of the day tomorrow on court 2 against Hsleh.

Sombrerero loco
Mar 20th, 2012, 10:27 AM
thanks for your report :bowdown:

donellcarey
Mar 20th, 2012, 03:53 PM
1st set 6:3 :cheer:

Blackowl_1
Mar 20th, 2012, 05:26 PM
She lost the second one 7-5 :( She was up a break :P

Blackowl_1
Mar 20th, 2012, 05:39 PM
C'mon Alize,you can do it! :)

leftyness
Mar 20th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Phew!! Almost three hours, but she did it.:bounce:

donellcarey
Mar 20th, 2012, 06:13 PM
That was a mental test and she passed it, nicely done gurl!

Dorien.
Mar 20th, 2012, 08:10 PM
Well done Alizé :yeah: So great to see her winning some matches :cheer:

Sombrerero loco
Mar 20th, 2012, 09:27 PM
nice match, that was tight and she won it :bowdown:

HowardH
Mar 20th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Nice fight Alize.

Sombrerero loco
Mar 20th, 2012, 10:57 PM
hope she gets a nice first round match...

Alizé Molik
Mar 21st, 2012, 08:31 AM
so I watched live scores until the middle of the second set and thought she had shit in the bag :/ I did see in the second set that Su-Wei was winning more points and being a bit more effective on return. I think it's good that she got past a tough match and played a solid third set.

Sombrerero loco
Mar 21st, 2012, 11:33 AM
if she can beat peer, i will be happy enough with her :)

jiffster
Mar 21st, 2012, 01:25 PM
I was at yesterdays match. Credit to Alize for getting through it, but it was not a great performance. She started well, and it looked early on like she may have an easy time of it...but we all know what can happen. She started having trouble with her first serve, and with a few emotional outbursts. Thankfully her opponent couldn't serve at all, and Alize was able to break serve and close out the first set. The second set was very ugly. Neither player could hold serve. It seemed like Alize might just win it anyway in two...and would have if she could have held her serve just once or twice. She became very frustrated, yelling alot, arguing line calls, throwing her racquet. Her opponent really didn't have to do much to win the second set. At the beginning of the third, Alize held serve then had a long medical timeout. A trainer and two physios checked her over and put bags of ice on her head and back. She seemed to be having a problem with the heat, and looked really terrible. She walked slowly around the court the next few games, while her opponent did her best to make Alize run, hitting lots of drop shots. To her credit Alize kept hanging in there. Also, her opponent still couldn't hold serve and was unable to open up a lead in the third set. I think if she had, Alize may have retired...but I had the feeling if Alize could just hold her serve she might be able to win the set still. Mid way through the third Alize was obviously cramping in her legs. She yelled in pain a few times when she made quick movements. Between points she looked like she could barely move, but she seemed to find the strength during the points to get it done. At changeovers she was eating energy bars and supplements to ease the cramping, and had bags of ice on her head. At 5-3 Alize served for the match, but I think everyone in the stands knew that she would not hold her serve...which she didn't. However, it was also unlikely that her opponent would hold her own serve...and Alize managed to break serve for the win. She looked shocked and relieved to get the win, and sat on the court with the tour trainer for a long time afterwards still getting treatment. Happy for the win, and lots of guts to get it done, but a tougher opponent would have beat her yesterday. She is going to have to play a lot better to beat Peer today. Will let you know what happens...

I have pictures and will post when I get a chance.

donellcarey
Mar 21st, 2012, 05:06 PM
Peer is...doable...:help:

Allez gurl!

Sombrerero loco
Mar 21st, 2012, 05:11 PM
thanks so much jiff :) post the pics when you can do it and thanks again

Tomic
Mar 21st, 2012, 07:58 PM
lost she should go back and play some more ITF

Sombrerero loco
Mar 21st, 2012, 08:07 PM
agree. losing to peer 4 and 2 is really bad :tape:

Dorien.
Mar 21st, 2012, 08:48 PM
Sad she couldn't win this one but on the other hand. I'm not that unhappy with the last 2 weeks if you see the rest of her season :shrug:

jiffster
Mar 22nd, 2012, 03:22 AM
Sorry, but not much good news today. Alize played pretty well against Peer in the first set. Most of the first set was high quality tennis, and Alize was really driving the ball corner to corner and mixing up her shots. Peer however was just a bit better, and towards the end of the first Peer was a bit tougher. There were some great points, and for awhile Alize looked like she could contend with Peer. Alize fell behind in the first set, but broke and held to get back in it. Peer recovered and was able to put the first set away. Only major negative for Alize in the first set was that she was arguing too much, and yelling at herself...which was too bad because she was actually playing pretty well. She had some kind of problem with her left foot, she was obviously favoring it at times but I don't think it was the reason she lost. The second set was a different story. Alize could not hold serve at all and quickly fell behind. Alize double faulted several times, and really struggled with her first serve. Peer was solid, and experienced enough to take advantage...unlike her opponent yesterday. Alize seemed to lose her motivation after her second loss of serve in the set, and was really not that competitive after that. Positives are that she looked better this year than last year. Negatives, well she's out in the first round of a large tournament again. I think the last two weeks have given her something to build on, lets she how she does in the next month.

Side note, I watched her practice and was pretty unimpressed with how her coach ran the practice. He really didn't do much at all, which is strikingly different from how most other coaches here handle their players. Sharapova and Azarenka's coaches are constantly talking to their players during practice, running drills, correcting their form etc. I didn't see any of that from Alize's coach today.

donellcarey
Mar 22nd, 2012, 08:51 PM
His coach has been a problem for a LONG TIME, I'm not surprised :shrug:

Back to some ITF I guess? :awww:

Sombrerero loco
Mar 23rd, 2012, 12:09 AM
any idea of her schedule for next weeks?

Philchaz63
Mar 24th, 2012, 03:36 PM
She's on the Osprey entry list (ITF 50 000).

Alizé Molik
Mar 24th, 2012, 04:10 PM
a title could put her back in the top 100.

Dorien.
Mar 28th, 2012, 06:09 PM
She won her first round against Oudin :cheer: (Don't know the score)

HowardH
Mar 29th, 2012, 03:37 AM
Apparently she beat Oudin 5 and 2.

Well really, you have to beat Oudin these days.

Pax
Mar 29th, 2012, 11:12 PM
She won against Rodionova. Nice win Alizé! :yeah:
Nowadays she plays so well these lower tournaments with good player field. I hope she gets some rythm and confidence before the European clay court season.

(I really hope she is going to come to Budapest and not going to Estoril. She has to play qualies :help: in these tournaments OMG.

Sombrerero loco
Mar 29th, 2012, 11:13 PM
62 63 over rodionova, nice victory
sesil now^^

Dorien.
Mar 30th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Great victory :cool:

Alizé Molik
Apr 2nd, 2012, 04:29 AM
well she lost to Sesil and now she's back in France.

HowardH
Apr 10th, 2012, 01:44 PM
In Copenhagen. Alize beat Malou Ejdesgaard 60 60. 49 pts to 15 (more than a 3-1 ratio, very onesided- often a 2-1 ratio is sufficient to get a double bagel, due to the tennis scoring system).

Actually, Alize wasn't all that impressive. Serve wasn't very good at the beginning (missed a lot of serves in the first set) but towards the end she found a good serving rhythm (reflected in the second set serving stats).

Throughout the match Malou struggled to get consistent power, depth or placement on her fh. The lack of depth allowed Alize to attack at will. People will list a whole range of issues that Malou struggles with, but I think that if she simply had a strong fh she would be much better (as in top 200 instead of 800). However it's quite late for her to change the fh technique significantly at this stage, so she will probably never solve it (it's possible though). She seems a bit more suited to doubles than singles- her volley is not bad from clips I have seen and doubles forces her to hit a bit harder while taking away the difficulty of baseline rallies.

Malou has a decent first serve but her second serve struggled under the pressure. She was obviously not used to returning high quality serves- Alize's serve gave her a lot of problems. She made Alize look very powerful, something I haven't seen for a while.

In general it's hard to read anything into this, Malou is not at wta level, her ranking (800 something) reflects that. On a side note, Malou is quite a cutie, so this match, with two cuties on the court, made for pleasant watching from an eye-candy point of view.

Next round, probably against Sofia, will be much tougher.

Sombrerero loco
Apr 10th, 2012, 01:53 PM
she won in doubles yesterday with parmentier against the 1st seeds too :)

donellcarey
Apr 10th, 2012, 04:48 PM
Plz keep it up girl!

jiffster
Apr 11th, 2012, 03:34 PM
She plays Patricia Mayr-Achleitner in the second round, who upset Sofia Arviddson. It would be great to see her win through to the third round where she would likely face Wozniacki.

Nice win in doubles yesterday, though I wouldn't call it much of an upset. Groenfeld/Martic were a wildcard in Miami, and barely got through the first round. They are a pretty weak number one seed in my opinion. Alize and Pauline have more experience together and make a pretty good team. I like their chances to do well here.

Sombrerero loco
Apr 11th, 2012, 03:36 PM
if she wins today, she comes back to top 100 next monday...please do it

jiffster
Apr 11th, 2012, 09:33 PM
Well, good news...Alize did win today 6-2, 2-6, 7-5. She will play either Parmentier or Wozniacki on Friday in the quarterfinals.

Sombrerero loco
Apr 11th, 2012, 09:40 PM
i hope she can win a few games against wozniacki in the qfs

anyway, back to top 100 next monday :hearts:

HowardH
Apr 12th, 2012, 11:51 AM
I hope she can get the upset over Caro. But probably not given current form.

HowardH
Apr 14th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Stayed up and watched some of it. It was a bit painful to see.

I always thought her backhand (which has no followthrough, and hence almost no topspin) was not a very technically sound shot (although blocked shots have their uses) and that really showed up. She missed a lot of bhs. Well, she missed a lot of everything... to be expected against someone as solid as Caro though given how Alize has been playing recently. She's really no match for a good wta player right now.

Only thing I was happy about: for a while there it looked like she was going to get double bagelled, but at least she managed to win 3 games in the second set. Caro was complaining about all kinds of things, footfault calls and linecalls, seriously.

Sombrerero loco
Apr 14th, 2012, 10:10 AM
anyway i was not expecting her to take a set off caro on indoor hard. she sucks on that surface, it was a good week IMO

HowardH
Apr 14th, 2012, 06:39 PM
She also lost in the doubles semi, in a super tiebreak.

Arvidsson/Kanepi (SWE/EST) d. Cornet/Parmentier (FRA/FRA) 63 16 107

katshearts
Apr 14th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Ow :( what's her next tourney?

Alizé Molik
Apr 15th, 2012, 03:03 AM
she is sitting at #100!

Sombrerero loco
Apr 15th, 2012, 09:29 AM
nice =) wanna see the rankings tomorrow :)

jiffster
Apr 15th, 2012, 03:37 PM
She wasn't going to beat Caro on this surface, in a tournament where Caro has never lost a match. Still, given her current form I think making the quarters was a pretty good run. Let's hope she can take a little momentum into the clay court season and creep her way back up the rankings. :yeah:

jiffster
Apr 16th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Alize ranking today is at 100.

Anyone know why she is not on the FedCup team (other than her obvious dreadful FedCup record...)? Did Escude leave her off, or is she choosing not to play? She should be the #4, and play doubles with Pauline?

Alizé Molik
Apr 16th, 2012, 02:34 PM
I'm sure lighter will be able to answer that but it is my understanding that she simply wasn't chosen. Likewise Aravane.

Lighter
Apr 16th, 2012, 09:14 PM
I'm sure lighter will be able to answer that but it is my understanding that she simply wasn't chosen. Likewise Aravane.Escudé explained that Parmugtier and injured Razzano are more reliable players.

jiffster
Apr 18th, 2012, 01:52 PM
Escude's decision making has not always been the best. He should not have substituted Alize for Razzano in the pivotal 4th match in the last round against Slovakia. He deservedly took some heat for that and maybe he doesn't want to have to be in that position again? Still I would rather have Alize sitting on the end of the bench instead of Mladenovic. If it comes down to a 5th match he could have Pauline and Alize on court for the deciding doubles -- a team that is pretty decent.

samresmo
Apr 21st, 2012, 04:34 PM
She won in the 1st qualifying round in Stuttgart against Carla Suarez Navarro 7/5 7/6

Sombrerero loco
Apr 21st, 2012, 04:37 PM
nice victory, win tomorrow too please :)

Alizé Molik
Apr 21st, 2012, 04:42 PM
I'm happy with this. CSN is a hot mess but she is still a respectable player on clay.

HowardH
Apr 21st, 2012, 07:40 PM
That's nice for her. Hope she does well in the next round.

Sombrerero loco
Apr 21st, 2012, 07:51 PM
tomorrow´s match should be easier so i really hope alize can win :)

Russianboy
Apr 21st, 2012, 10:13 PM
who is the black guy in her team?

HowardH
Apr 22nd, 2012, 05:06 PM
Alize beat Tatjana Malek 62 57 61.

Alizé Molik
Apr 22nd, 2012, 05:27 PM
good match. malek can be tough.

Dorien.
Apr 22nd, 2012, 05:47 PM
Well done Alizé :cheer:

Sombrerero loco
Apr 22nd, 2012, 09:51 PM
nice alize! :)

jiffster
Apr 23rd, 2012, 03:05 PM
Alize just beat Beck 7-6 in the third to qualify in Stuttgart ;)

Sombrerero loco
Apr 23rd, 2012, 03:21 PM
nice, 20 points and good luck in md alize :)

Dorien.
Apr 23rd, 2012, 05:53 PM
Great :) She is really having some nice wins lately :)

Sombrerero loco
Apr 23rd, 2012, 09:55 PM
she is playing chakvetadze tomorrow in the first round
she can beat her, but it wont be easy. she will need to play better than today

jiffster
Apr 24th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Alize beat Chakvetadze 6-3, 6-4. Next up is Sharapova, obviously that will be a tough win.

HowardH
Apr 24th, 2012, 03:22 PM
She wasn't hitting with any authority today and apparently she was still stressing out when she was talking to her coach even when she was winning the second set easily. However Anna couldn't keep the ball in play today, so of course Alize won. I don't think she has any chance against Sharapova, not unless she plays about 1000 times better than today. Still, it's really good to see her finally win some matches, and she looked so pretty out there today.

jiffster
Apr 24th, 2012, 04:12 PM
It is quite possible that she will get crushed by Maria next round. Her only chance is to make Maria uncomfortable, mix it up a lot, and get her off her rhythm. If Alize wins, its likely it will be an ugly match with lots of service breaks and unforced errors.

Maria has one of the best returns of serve in women's tennis, and Alize is going to have to make a lot of first serves otherwise she will struggle to hold her serve. Maria can struggle with her own serve, and if she does Alize will need to really take advantage.

Maria likes pace, so Alize would be wise to use her topspin forehand to make Maria generate the pace, and hopefully force some errors. She'll need to keep it deep however, otherwise Maria will find the angles and hit winners off short balls. Low slices and well timed drop shots can also be an effective way to keep Maria out of her rhythm.

Maria is one of the most mentally tough players I've ever seen. If Alize starts complaining, yelling at herself and throwing her racquet the match could be over really quickly.

Lastly, if Maria is "on" there will be little Alize can do to keep it close.

Sombrerero loco
Apr 24th, 2012, 06:16 PM
nice alize :) nice victory, really!

améliemomo
Apr 24th, 2012, 06:42 PM
saw her match today and yes that was not her best but at least she's trying to stay calm and fight. I ve seen so many crap matchs from this girl that today seing her like that is kinda "posiive".

she still has so many weaknesses such as her serve, her too much defensive position, her short forhand but at least she fights.

screampova is tough and well dont see her beat her but expect her to put a fight. Better do that.

Dorien.
Apr 24th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Happy she won and is having some wins in a row :)

Ines T.
Apr 24th, 2012, 10:46 PM
It seems more and more that Escudé's decision not to select her for the Fed Cup was some kind of a real gift to her. Beside the fact it certainly piqued her pride, it gave her the opportunity to focus on her own and prepare herself for her best surface. If it results in a composed attitude and a steady game, I think it might pay off!

jiffster
Apr 25th, 2012, 04:23 PM
It all worked out fine for Escude, but I'm still not sure he made the right decision. On one hand she did not deserve to play based on her past performances. On the other hand she has always been loyal to the team and played whenever asked. She's been playing a little better as of late, and I think she would have been a good asset to have in reserve as the number four in case the tie got close or another player got injured.

jiffster
Apr 25th, 2012, 08:43 PM
Alize was forced to retire from her match with Maria at 3-6, 0-1 with a right shoulder injury :sad:

Sombrerero loco
Apr 25th, 2012, 10:01 PM
nice week :hug:

Alizé Molik
Apr 26th, 2012, 01:51 AM
If she can have a few tournaments like this in a row her ranking and confidence will be greatly improved. #88 this week!

donellcarey
Apr 26th, 2012, 04:08 AM
If she can have a few tournaments like this in a row her ranking and confidence will be greatly improved. #88 this week!
:cheer: back to top 100!

jiffster
Apr 26th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Don't know how bad her shoulder injury is, but she only has 32 points to defend before Roland Garros. She could still climb a bit higher in the next few weeks if she can keep up her current pace.

Dorien.
Apr 26th, 2012, 05:31 PM
let's hope the injury isn't too bad.

Sombrerero loco
Apr 26th, 2012, 06:58 PM
please play that 100k :)

donellcarey
Apr 29th, 2012, 01:47 PM
Just saw that match against Sharapova, that was hard, but I like what she presents.

Hope she recovers soon, cuz she's finally on the rise now.

Alizé Molik
May 2nd, 2012, 04:34 AM
Alize confirmed she will play in Cagnes-sur-mer, then Prague and Strasbourg. Pretty big commitment for her!

Sombrerero loco
May 2nd, 2012, 08:31 AM
1st time she doesnt play in madrid...so sad =(