PDA

View Full Version : The NEW! and IMPROVED!! Maggie C & Steffi & Monica are Evil Cows From Hell Thread.

nelslus
Nov 4th, 2011, 05:34 PM
......AND they don't even know any of us exist, either! :bounce:

Philbo
Nov 4th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Yes they do. They know they couldnt have had careers without fans.

nelslus
Nov 4th, 2011, 05:42 PM
LOL, just to clarify: They don't know any of us specifically exist. Just something to ponder during the Margaret Court and/or Monica/Steffi BFTP members' innards-ripping ceremonies.

Sorry for interrupting. Continue. :aparty:

Sumarokov-Elston
Nov 4th, 2011, 05:58 PM
Wow! I was just about to start a thread asking where Nelsus is!!

:worship: :worship: :worship:

alfajeffster
Nov 4th, 2011, 09:50 PM
Wow! I was just about to start a thread asking where Nelsus is!!

:worship: :worship: :worship:

And I was going to make a trip to the windy city, but it's just getting too damn cold too fast. Nice to hear from you again Nelsus! How's your other half?

Oh, and on topic, I've met both Margaret and Steffi, and I'm quite sure the events weren't as memorable for them as they were for me. Never met Monica- probably would have but she was OOC during my Community Tennis Association Presidential days. I'm sure if she met me, the Commander in Chief of all things tennis, she would remember. Graf just moves too fast to even generate memories, and Margaret, well, she was was very polite in Rod Laver arena, but I suspect the dedication speeches that year for Margaret Court Arena kind of overshadowed her meeting me.

austinrunner
Nov 5th, 2011, 07:51 AM
......AND they don't even know any of us exist, either!

Unretired, huh?
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=18644129&postcount=161

Andy T
Nov 5th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Unretired, huh?
Looks like it! :bounce:
Welcome back, Nelslus:wavey:

nelslus
Nov 5th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Unretired, huh?
Lame. I'm not particulary a fan of your type of humor.

(OK, it took over a year and all. But, still. Sometimes, life does indeed provide unexpectedly lovely moments. Thanks for that. http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost.php?p=18641430&postcount=159)

:aparty:

nelslus
Nov 5th, 2011, 05:09 PM
....AND thanks to those who have indeed been missed. I suspect that this won't exactly be a full-fledged nelslus comeback- more nelslus as Althea Gibson vs. Chris. I mean, on the one hand- where else can one find a place to discuss whether Laurie Fleming, Kristen Kemmer Shaw and/or Wendy Overton are at least Facebook friends with Chrissie? On the other hand......Look, I understand the looniness of being a true tennis fan. I've also been worse than anyone at times about, ahem, certain vertically challenged players. But- over a year later, I check this site here and there, and without having to try all that hard- I still see way too much of posters just being horrible to each other. And all over tennis stars who don't even know of the existence of these fans vs. detractors. I can't help finding the humor and sadness with all of that.

However, one of course can't control how others see things and wish to behave. And, at the risk of yet again coming off as a scold and a nag- and to state the obvious- I can only take control over how I live my own life, and spend my time. So, I'll check in now and then- and try to remember to learn to use the ignore function a lot more.

OH- and alfa, thank you for asking, John is doing great. We will have been together for 17 freakin' years November 12th. :bounce:

alfajeffster
Nov 5th, 2011, 10:26 PM
...OH- and alfa, thank you for asking, John is doing great. We will have been together for 17 freakin' years November 12th. :bounce:

Well, well! Congratulations are in order! I just know if I spent 17 years with one person, I'd have made the news years ago over and argument on how the bath towels are folded or something that small. Good luck with the rest of your lives together.

At 1PM this afternoon, I turned 49, and looking back (I know, bad habit), I never thought things would turn out this way before age 50, or even think I'd not be playing tennis for a couple of years. I've got a good mind to learn how to play left-handed when I go back, because the last time I was out there over a year ago, I knew what to do, but the body was telling me "don't even think about it"! So I've been buying jewelry and clothing and shoes to keep myself busy.

Rollo
Nov 7th, 2011, 06:07 PM
:hug:
And welcome back Nelslus!:bounce:

This all makes me wonder if there is some magnet luring the oldie but goodie crowd back to the Blast. You, Jeffster, Andy T, and even BCP have popped in on us lately.

Perhaps Pixie Lamm is spreading some of that Pixie dust around!

Sumarokov-Elston
Nov 7th, 2011, 07:41 PM
And welcome back Nelslus!:bounce:

This all makes me wonder if there is some magnet luring the oldie but goodie crowd back to the Blast. You, Jeffster, Andy T, and even BCP have popped in on us lately.

Perhaps Pixie Lamm is spreading some of that Pixie dust around!

All we need is Helen Lawson (remember her thread Something awful happened to Chris Evert! http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=324799 ?) and Pam Shriver to pop in and it will just be like old times... :cheer: :banana: :aparty:

Rollo
Nov 7th, 2011, 08:27 PM
All we need is Helen Lawson (remember her thread Something awful happened to Chris Evert! http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=324799 ?) and Pam Shriver to pop in and it will just be like old times... :cheer: :banana: :aparty:

How could I ever forget Helen with all her movie knowledge-and of course Pamentary!

Hugs for you too if you don't mind SE.

alfajeffster
Nov 7th, 2011, 10:43 PM
Oh, I miss pamentary and all things perfectly Pam. Aunt Helen checks in once in a blue moon, but from my understanding is embroiled in a liaison with this guy who pulled up into her garage with a flat tire. Not to worry- she's still big, it's the pictures that got small...

Pat Bateman
Nov 11th, 2011, 11:19 AM
No disrespect or anything but Helen Keller could see that Chrissie has had work done.

DennisFitz
Nov 12th, 2011, 07:34 AM
No disrespect or anything but Helen Keller could see that Chrissie has had work done.

Maybe I'm missing the irony or sarcasm, or whatever....But Chrissie having "work done" ? Me thinks not!

More importantly, are Chris and Kris FB buddies? Perhaps their issues were resolved years ago. Always thought it was interesting that Chris was brutally honest about their estrangement in 1977. Seems like the entire women's tour has been nothing but a bunch of evil cows from hell ;) :devil: :eek: :fiery:

Helen Lawson
Nov 13th, 2011, 01:29 PM
I got tons of bad reps for posting that Chrissie link, you wouldn't believe it! She clearly had some work done about 10 years ago, so-so results, and looking at her in the Tennis rag, she's had some more either during or post Greg Norman, I think the latest looks good though. Nothing wrong with a little help if you need it.

Now that Monica is either working out or starving herself, all three of these gals are pretty thin these days.

alfajeffster
Nov 13th, 2011, 05:17 PM
I got tons of bad reps for posting that Chrissie link, you wouldn't believe it! She clearly had some work done about 10 years ago, so-so results, and looking at her in the Tennis rag, she's had some more either during or post Greg Norman, I think the latest looks good though. Nothing wrong with a little help if you need it.

Now that Monica is either working out or starving herself, all three of these gals are pretty thin these days.

Now, now, Aunt Helen. Let's not equate fasting with starving. I think if you spent some time in Perth, the world's most isolated big city, you'd lose your appetite and become ordained. Imagine that- seminary instead of a casting couch to get ahead in a career.

Seriously, though, I agree with you- nothing wrong with a little help folding the napkin. It's when you end up looking like the monster Faye Dunaway did (her lips actually meet around the back of her head- hair hides it) it's time for growing old gracefully therapy.

Helen Lawson
Nov 13th, 2011, 06:47 PM
Right, is it me, or does Dunaway have like 45 front teeth showing when she smiles, it's the entire width of her face with these big veneers lined up endlessly like an infinity of columns from a Roman building. Dyan Cannon doesn't look human anymore, really worse than Dunaway. And her latest Cary Grant book makes clear that he was NOT a FAG! Demi Moore doesn't even have the same DNA she did in the 80's.

Hon, I always had a Bible with me when I visited the casting couch. Ask and you shall receive goes both ways, you know.

alfajeffster
Nov 14th, 2011, 05:39 AM
...Dyan Cannon doesn't look human anymore, really worse than Dunaway. And her latest Cary Grant book makes clear that he was NOT a FAG!...

Yes! I forget what talk show she was on last week, but I didn't even recognize her- wasn't sure until I heard the kooky kackling laugh of hers. Haven't read the book- probably won't. Liz Taylor was the last star. All of these pretenders from the 60s onward are merely players. You have to give it to Chrissie, though, she does have star quality. Kind of like Joan Crawford "when I go out in public, and someone recognizes me and says "there's Joan Crawford", and I say "it sure is, and I'm very happy about it!"

DennisFitz
Nov 14th, 2011, 07:23 AM

Helen dear, some other work that wasn't being done was on your eyesight!

Chris, having some "work" done about 10 years ago.....2001? Again, me thinks not.

Why would she? She was still chummy with Andy (so not man-hunting), and raising 3 boys. Perhaps just the right time for a mid life crisis lift. But she's always stayed in shape, and been in the public eye. She's been more than candid about many facets of her life. Even for the pre-Facebook/Twitter age, I can't fathom why she would want to have work done before she reached 50! She didn't need it. She wasn't even on TV anymore. I've seen some God awful make up on her, and other shots where she's a walking advertisement for a personal make-up assistant.

But no, there's been nothing clear about Chris Evert having had some "work" done.

Now, we could start a list of former players who need work done. But I'm not gonna mention Tracy Austin's name. :tape: :devil:

Helen Lawson
Nov 14th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Dude, Tracy had work done before Chrissie! You need to pay closer attention to their faces when they're doing interviews. Both look a lot softer lately, I wonder if Botox can smooth out a less than perfect facelift, who knows. I'm not criticizing them at all, face work is not necessarily a bad thing and they are stars after all and appearance is important to both.

alfajeffster
Nov 14th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Dude, Tracy had work done before Chrissie! You need to pay closer attention to their faces when they're doing interviews. Both look a lot softer lately, I wonder if Botox can smooth out a less than perfect facelift, who knows. I'm not criticizing them at all, face work is not necessarily a bad thing and they are stars after all and appearance is important to both.

And, to Chrissie's defense, I have spoken at length with both Evert and Austin, and believe me when I say Chris has it on the intelligence front as well as looking great for a woman on her way to 60. Tracy was nice, mind you, and she is only a few weeks younger than me, so we share the same time frame historically, but she's had some drastic rhinoplasty. Imagine if she hadn't, what would she look like now?:eek: I'm just thankful that Billie Jean and Martina haven't gone for the rampant lesbian rebellion agains wearing makeup, but that's another scary image I'll pass on.

Kathy Horvath
Nov 14th, 2011, 11:15 PM
I was looking through shots of garden parties on the WTA tour website and thought that Mima Jausovec looked better now than when she played. A lot more glamorous and feminine. Back in 1983 she looked 40! Chris has definitely had a lot of work done, as has Tracy. All these pre 1980 girls were out in the sun when it was thought that the sun was good for a girl...Does anyone think Mrs Cawley has had something done? Or the former rabbit, Wendy Turnbull?

Helen Lawson
Nov 14th, 2011, 11:57 PM
I was looking through shots of garden parties on the WTA tour website and thought that Mima Jausovec looked better now than when she played. A lot more glamorous and feminine. Back in 1983 she looked 40! Chris has definitely had a lot of work done, as has Tracy. All these pre 1980 girls were out in the sun when it was thought that the sun was good for a girl...Does anyone think Mrs Cawley has had something done? Or the former rabbit, Wendy Turnbull?

Hi Kathy! I was wondering when you'd weigh in on this meaty topic. I was in the stands for your glorious win over Martina in '83. I was there with Joan Collins as guests of Martina, she wanted a guest spot on Dynasty as Blake Carrington's butch long-lost cousin in order to endear her to American audiences and I was going to provide acting lessons. A party was to be held at the Georges V later that day, but alas, Martina cancelled it after her loss and there went the Dynasty guest spot.

I don't think Mrs. Cawley has undergone the knife, as evidenced at the Roland Garros presentation this year, she looked quite nice, but some sags here and there, I see no evidence of a face-lift or Botox.

DennisFitz
Nov 15th, 2011, 07:46 AM

Well, if Tracy did have work done, I hope she's asked for a REFUND!

Sorry, I remain on the other side of the fence when it comes to Chrissie, and "work" being done. Call me "hopelessly naive" if you want;)

DennisFitz
Nov 15th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Mrs. Cawley certainly hasn't had work done. Shocking to me how much weight she has gained. She was always such a waifish woman. But in such an elegant way.

And again, speaking of work not being done, it's also readily evident that Maggie C never had work done. But then we know the Lord wouldn't let her do it.

Pat Bateman
Nov 15th, 2011, 08:21 AM

Yes,thank you Helen. Chrissie has obviously had botox at some stage and I'm sure TA has had some also.

Sumarokov-Elston
Nov 15th, 2011, 09:30 AM
I too do not think Chris Evert has had work done. That page on "Awful Plastic Surgery" is just not convincing at all (she just has a different facial expression!), and it just does not fit in with what we know of her approach to everything in life. I mean, she refused to work on her serve, because she did not want free points and preferred to work the rallies and win the hard way...

But so as not to get off on a tangent with an "oh yes she has" - "oh no she hasn't" type argument, one thing I have noticed (re Mima Jausovic) is that those tennis stars whose careers seem to be stigmatised with some form of disappointment, seem to have moved on and completely reinvented themselves as major babes and are looking absolutely stunning now... I am thinking Jana Novotna, Helena Sukova, Tracy Austin, Monica Seles and, most of all, Claudia Kohde Kilsch! Maybe Helen Lawson has some acute psychological insight into why this should be? Helen, is it because they are perennial triers and had to fight all the time to even get to where they were in their tennis careers, on rather less talent, whereas those who get to number one secretly feel insecure and so turn to the bottle, coke, weed or other illegal substances (Alice Marble, Martina Navratilova, Chris Evert, Liz Taylor, Joan Crawford) in their efforts to convince themselves that they ARE number one in the world?!? And hence the current sorry state of those who possibly overperformed in their careers (Jo Durie, Wendy, Rosie, Hana, Evonne - and let's not forget the men, has anyone seen the size of Pat Cash or Yevgeny Kafelnikov lately?!?) who now live on past glories and sit in front of the TV munching comfort food as they watch reruns of their old matches bought on DVD from TennisVideos?

Kathy Horvath
Nov 15th, 2011, 11:47 PM
Its funny Helen - when I made Martina choke in 1983 in Paris, I confess it may have also been partly due to the odour of your Guerlain in the corridors of Philippe Chatrier.... I saw you in the stands with Joan, almost as if you were in Valley of the Dolls, more dolls than valley in your case I think you will agree. I was disappointed Joan didnt bring Dominique Devereaux to Paris as she was my ferosh style icon at the time. I never knew Martina had a guest slot on Dynasty pencilled in. Nancy would never have allowed that!! She ordered Renee Richards off court that day as she was such a controlling dyke - almost along the lines of a say, younger Corale Browne..and she probably looks like her now....Nancy turned a shade of puce when I hit that shot down the line on match point....and I sailed into tennis histoire....

Helen Lawson
Nov 16th, 2011, 12:29 AM
I too do not think Chris Evert has had work done. That page on "Awful Plastic Surgery" is just not convincing at all (she just has a different facial expression!), and it just does not fit in with what we know of her approach to everything in life. I mean, she refused to work on her serve, because she did not want free points and preferred to work the rallies and win the hard way...

But so as not to get off on a tangent with an "oh yes she has" - "oh no she hasn't" type argument, one thing I have noticed (re Mima Jausovic) is that those tennis stars whose careers seem to be stigmatised with some form of disappointment, seem to have moved on and completely reinvented themselves as major babes and are looking absolutely stunning now... I am thinking Jana Novotna, Helena Sukova, Tracy Austin, Monica Seles and, most of all, Claudia Kohde Kilsch! Maybe Helen Lawson has some acute psychological insight into why this should be? Helen, is it because they are perennial triers and had to fight all the time to even get to where they were in their tennis careers, on rather less talent, whereas those who get to number one secretly feel insecure and so turn to the bottle, coke, weed or other illegal substances (Alice Marble, Martina Navratilova, Chris Evert, Liz Taylor, Joan Crawford) in their efforts to convince themselves that they ARE number one in the world?!? And hence the current sorry state of those who possibly overperformed in their careers (Jo Durie, Wendy, Rosie, Hana, Evonne - and let's not forget the men, has anyone seen the size of Pat Cash or Yevgeny Kafelnikov lately?!?) who now live on past glories and sit in front of the TV munching comfort food as they watch reruns of their old matches bought on DVD from TennisVideos?

Well, as a Hollywood "insider" I can tell you there are three different types of stars once you get over the hill. Some did it strictly for the money, never thought about it beyond that, and walked away. They stayed thin and never did drugs. That's a, let's say, Greta Garbo, Claudette Colbert, Norma Shearer, Katharine Hepburn. Then, there's the neurotic wreck who deep down never thinks she's good enough. This breeds the most success because they are never satisfied. They turn to booze and dope to numb the pain of being past their primes. That's me, Joan Crawford, Bette Davis, the real superstars of the Silver Screen. Then you have the ones who are satisfied with what they did, so much so, that they lose all self control and never stop eating. That's Rosalind Russell, Deborah Kerr, Ginger Rogers. Strict diets come naturally to the first two sets, but the last set really resented those diet pills and 500 calorie a day diets for years on end, so when they retire, they can't stop eating. Liz I guess is a hybrid of 2 and 3, she never had the drive for 2, but she certainly had the addiction. You can put retired tennis players into these categories.

Your list of "remade" tennis babes is quite frightening. Monica may qualify as a babe given her new banging body, but I need to see recent photos of the rest to believe they are now babes!