PDA

View Full Version : Fame Academy VS Popstars- the rivals

niratti
Nov 11th, 2002, 04:43 PM
These two talent-searching programmes, which one do you like?

personally i prefer the Fame Academy over Popstars!!!
what is your choice? :)

Princess Fiona
Nov 11th, 2002, 04:51 PM
I saw the end of Fame Academy last Friday - what WERE those men doing to "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic"? :confused: It really wasn't for me... But my young cousin loved it, and loves this show, so I'll go for FA too. :)

Caoimhe
Nov 11th, 2002, 04:51 PM
Nadine in Popstars is a mate of mine so I just watch to make sure I vote. I'm raging Marli was voted out of FA. Sinead to win!

Princess Fiona
Nov 11th, 2002, 04:52 PM
I thought Marli looked so much like Milly from This Life... anyone else see this? :) I felt so bad for her after she was unanimously voted off...

Nicoleke
Nov 11th, 2002, 04:53 PM
In France, we have got " Star academy II " versus " Popstars II " :) :D :) :D ;) !!!!!

niratti
Nov 11th, 2002, 04:59 PM
Nadine in Popstar is very good at singing but she's not very good at dancing :eek:

Fame Academy's Sinead and Ainsley are the best of the group IMO.

niratti
Nov 11th, 2002, 05:07 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/fameacademy/images/image_gallery/6nov_sinead_mariah_329x222.jpg
Sinead with Mariah

Othello
Nov 11th, 2002, 06:15 PM
POP STARS!

nasty nick#2
Nov 11th, 2002, 06:18 PM
This is so pathetic, first they start a show and then they gotta make a million simular. There are channels only showing this crap 24/7 and they call it entertainmend?

AjdeNate!
Nov 11th, 2002, 06:19 PM
Either...all good for a laugh.

Monica_Rules
Nov 11th, 2002, 07:13 PM
At the mo Fame Academy is batter cos all the performances are good.Popstars still has riff raffs.

Nadine is so good as is Javine!

Kisha
Nov 11th, 2002, 07:24 PM
i agree, Javine is so amazing!

Lamaar rocks as well! i am sure he will (should) win! I dont expect him to win though, usually in these types of shows the worst people win!:p

Kelly
Nov 11th, 2002, 08:23 PM
i prefer fame academy.....me and my mum love it. im glad marli left cos she was beginning to piss me off..my faves are sinead, ainsley (theres something about him-but if he wins i think he wil go a bit off the rails like a young robbie williams), i like lamar and david..the song he performed when he was A grade was great!!!

MartianJoeyWinson
Nov 11th, 2002, 10:58 PM
I prefer neither... the popstars rivals thing is flogging a dead horse in my opinion... Fame Academy is a desperate attempt by the bbc to amalgamate the concept of Big Brother and Popstars to fuse together... the result? Another example of the conveyor-belt-esque music industry that has always existed but seems to be reeling off more flash-in-the-pan acts than ever now.

Princess Fiona
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:08 PM
I'm not exactly an ardent fan of the music that these shows produce, but I like the fact that Fame Academy is actually trying to nurture talent (from what I have seen) and some of the contestants get to sing their own material on the live show. I think what happened to Hear'Say/Myleene Klass left an unpleasant taste in the mouths of a lot of people, but there'll always be young people out there with a taste for this and the inevitable exploitation... :(

Plus, one of the Fame Academy teachers dyes her hair a great shade of red!! :D *jealous* ;)

raquel
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:11 PM
Hear'Say got some bad treatment. Watching all those annoying stage school types on Fame Academy being treated like stars, made me realise maybe Hear'Say weren't so bad after all

MartianJoeyWinson
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:13 PM
Now here's a programme I would watch...

SHAME ACADEMY

New "reality tv" show which follows the elimination process currently being ran into the ground by nearly all primetime tv shows.

Featuring television presenters that have been "disgraced" at some point during their career and sacked (featuring Angus Deayton, Michael Barrymore, John Leslie, and many many more, Richard Bacon...), are put inside a house for a period of ten weeks, each has to undergo a series of day-to-day humiliating and soul-destroying tasks. The winner is the one who manages to stay in without having a breakdown. The prize is that the British tabloid press, television and people must never mention their name in a scandalous or negative tone again, in which doing so would mean a jail term of 10 years minimum. They are also given a golden handcuffs deal with the BBC.

Check it out interactive 24/7 on BBC Choice! (The channel that gives you the choice... to not watch it)

niratti
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:21 PM
but John Lessie is from ITV so it could be called FLOP STARS

kazbeee
Dec 2nd, 2002, 12:28 PM
Any one think Javine has a look of Venus or ar my eyes deceiving me

anabel
Dec 2nd, 2002, 01:15 PM
The Academy program was born in Spain, and it is the most successuful program here.

Popstars had not success, although the group "Bellepop" should do well on the music lists.

Anyway all the singers from the OT I (Academy) have sold thousend and thousend of albums and now are considerated as "stars" here. Let's see what happens with OT 2.

I doubt there will be Popstars 2 here in Spain...

BritneySpearsIsHot
Dec 2nd, 2002, 01:23 PM
People vote for who they fancy, boys and girls

If you are Irish you vote Irish, Black vote Black, Scots vote Scots etc etc, Harsh but true.

Personally it's all crap and having heard 'One True Voice' new single today i can only say

We;re f****d, Gareth Gates is Elvis compared to these. Only 2 of the buggers sing!

niratti
Dec 3rd, 2002, 12:34 AM
I agree with you BSM, i personally don't like Gareth Gates and don't think he's a good singer but i must say that he's better than the whole 'one true voice'.

what a ridicurous band's name when onone really has a true voice :rolleyes:

Those in Fame Academy are gods compared to them!! :)