PDA

View Full Version : Things you want Maria to achieve/do in 2012.

Shivank17
Nov 3rd, 2011, 08:52 AM
After a much better year,with a lot of disappointments too,2012 can be a great year,considering Pova wins slams only in even years. :oh: So what do you want Masha to achieve/win/do in 2012,post here,and check back when the year ends. :p

1.WIN A SLAM and/or Olympic Gold. :crying2:
2.Beat Kvitova :fiery: , Na :sobbing: , bagel Sammy :ras: , beat Kim,Caro and Serena. :angel:
3.Play atleast 16 tournaments before the YEC. :hysteric:
4.Make the QFs or better at all slams. :angel: Too much. :lol:
5.Qualify for the YEC.
6.Win atleast 4-5 titles. :awww:
7.Learn to CONVERT BREAKPOINTS. :sobbing: :bigcry:
8.Minimize the DFs to less than 7 a match. :angel:

lefty24
Nov 3rd, 2011, 02:41 PM
Win AO, win FO, win Olympic Gold, win Wimbledon, win us open, win yec.
win everything in between.
overtake Karolina for #1.
be YE #1.

i'm not unrealistic or anything...

Shivank17
Nov 3rd, 2011, 03:22 PM
^Golden Slam. :oh: :hearts:

I will just be fine if she breaks the slam duck she has had since 2008. :crying2:

doooma6816
Nov 3rd, 2011, 06:42 PM
I want a Slam! Thanks.

heelsrule1988
Nov 3rd, 2011, 07:37 PM
She's basically back to being her old self as far as being near the top of the rankings goes... so really, I just want two things from her: another Slam and a win over Serena.

Mr.Sharapova
Nov 3rd, 2011, 10:48 PM
Fix her serve and clean up her game. The others will follow :yeah:.

Reptilia
Nov 3rd, 2011, 11:01 PM
Fix her serve and clean up her game. The others will follow :yeah:.

this. + healthy, and play a full schedule. + the golden slam

Break My Rapture
Nov 3rd, 2011, 11:11 PM
I'd like a medal at the OG and another great result at the AO. I really miss Maria going far in that event, sometimes I feel like Melbourne and Maria go together.

Also to learn how to convert BPs and improve her lazy ass footwork (I remember nearly scratching my eyes out during USO R3 when Maria didn't move her fucking feet after she served). :fiery: These two things INFURIATED me throughout the year but particularly the last couple of months of the season.

Break My Rapture
Nov 3rd, 2011, 11:13 PM
I really want her to finally reach the QF of a HC major(it's been 3 years :unsure:)
To finally win Birmingham again, she was close so many times last years, but she never actually wins it :tears:
To do well at Slams, maybe QF at AO, SF at FO, QF at Wimby and R4 at USO(hopefully she wont lose before the 4th round next year at Slams :o)
To win 2-3 titles, for example Rome and Tokyo and Birmingham as a smaller event :angel:
To stay in the Top 8 all year and remain injury free :unsure:
To play at least 14 events :sobbing:
To get a win over a top player would be nice too :)
FIX HER SERVE :help: but that's just a fantasy :sobbing:
To be happy and positive like she was for most of this year :)

Good luck in 2012 Masha :cheer:
What's with your B'ham obsession? It's really not that important of a tournament.

Kitten63
Nov 3rd, 2011, 11:21 PM
I want her to win RG and then I can die happy :sobbing:

JoPova
Nov 4th, 2011, 12:14 AM
Two words: Roland Garros. But really I'd be happy to see her win any Slam actually. It's just that RG is the missing one.

Cherry.
Nov 4th, 2011, 12:52 AM
Any GS or an Olympic medal (not necessarily gold; silver or bronze will do, too) and I'll be more than ecstatic. :sobbing:
Oh and what Shivank and Pieter have already mentioned: LEARN TO CONVERT THOSE GAZILLIONS OF BPS :o (GPs as well, basically all those points at crucial moments).

denny5576
Nov 4th, 2011, 01:49 AM
Play all year like against Serena Wimbledon 2010:
1st Serve %: 63 - 65
Winning % on 1st Serve: 75 - 80
Winning % on 2nd Serve: 53 - 55
Average 1st Serve Speed: 108 - 109 mph
Average 1st Serve Speed: 96 - 98 mph
Return Games Won: > 50%

Ratio UE /Points: < 0.3

Then Maria could win any GS & OG

Trih
Nov 4th, 2011, 02:11 AM
I want her to keep improving, from 2010 to 2011 it was going better, to continue like that. To have the right confidence.
I'd love a GS AND a medal a the OG. A Career Golden Slam would be a dream coming true.

Julian.
Nov 4th, 2011, 02:15 AM
Win a slam and fix the serve :awww:

lefty24
Nov 4th, 2011, 02:26 AM

I miss Dianna and Alex. :(

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llm93lxD6h1qbwtyg.gif

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llm96wNdGO1qbwtyg.gif

back on topic.

for me the French Open is by far what I want the most. A career slam will really put Masha on a new level, and it will tremendously raise her confidence.

gc-spurs
Nov 4th, 2011, 03:57 AM
Fix the serve and make the backhand a consistent money shot again.

Win a slam.... SERIOUSLY I AM NOT PICKY.

Wins over Serena (yeah right), Na, KvittyGOAT, and a demolition of Wozniacka. I'm feeling it for Australia!

Julian.
Nov 4th, 2011, 12:57 PM

and I miss Kris Allen

vozas
Nov 4th, 2011, 02:08 PM
1. Fix the goddamned serve once and for all. That motion sucks.

2. Fuck that crappy spun forehand. She's regressing with that shot. I'd rather have her make errors off that wing but hitting with conviction and finishing points quickly with that stroke than rallying until she looks like an oversized, slow Pushniacki hitting lefty forehands from side to side. I cringe.

3. Get Yuri back on the road.

4. Somehow get that drive and willpower she used to have. Her body language has been depressing all year. I want her to look and feel scary. And to pump herself up like she used to. She looked like a psycho sometimes talking to herself, but look where that got her.

5. Get to the 2nd week at the USO. It's my favorite Slam and she always ruins it for me.

6. Win Wimbledon.

Now get to work.

http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l7zz5jCCRP1qd9jvmo1_400.gif

**mashafierce**
Nov 4th, 2011, 04:27 PM
Win RG and Wimbledon semi final USO .Ah and win brisbane because it's the first one of the season.But the thing i want the most is for her to be feared by all of the players on tour

Rerun
Nov 5th, 2011, 10:57 AM
I have some thoughts but somehow im sure shes gonna make a mess like this previous year

love her anyway though

Fighterpova
Nov 5th, 2011, 11:16 AM
I just want her to stay healthy and motivated and fix that serve.
Hopefully she'll do well at Grand Slams and win a couple of WTA titles too :)

JamieOwen3
Nov 5th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Achieve being injury free all year...

Start 2012 with the serve fully fixed *pray for this one fkrs*
Win a RG
Snatch the #1 spot within the first 3 months
beat li na and convincingly!! *so tired of her losing to li na*
win miami
keep on being fierce.

BTW I have a new laptop :woohoo: :banana: :yippee:

Maidenhair
Nov 5th, 2011, 06:13 PM
My ultimate wish is her winning another Slam and to have that wonderful 'falling to the ground after match point' moment again. :cheer:

Andy.
Nov 6th, 2011, 12:34 AM
To stay healthy and play close to a full schedule (15 events)
To win a slam (dont really care if its not the French).
To make the QTR's or better at all of the slams.
To have her 2005-2006 consistancy back ie making the qtr's or better at every event she plays.
To get that almost psychotic will to win and determination back. I want to see that 'I want to win so badly its scary' look back in her eye.
To wear some more fashion orientated looks again rather than the more simple 'sporty' looks she has been going with this year.

Crux Squall
Nov 6th, 2011, 04:20 AM
1. find her serve
2. back to her old game, more agressive.

Nina.
Nov 6th, 2011, 02:32 PM
1. Fix the serve
2. Get more consistency in the groundstrokes
3. Don't crumble mentally when it matters

everything else will take care of itself when 1-3 happen, I think :shrug:

Craig.
Nov 6th, 2011, 04:06 PM
To stop playing like a crock of shit.

And yes I'm back :wavey:

Break My Rapture
Nov 6th, 2011, 04:10 PM
To stop playing like a crock of shit.

And yes I'm back :wavey:
:cheer:

Craig.
Nov 6th, 2011, 04:24 PM
I don't know who I was kidding, this place is just too awesome to forget about sometimes. :lol:

Maidenhair
Nov 6th, 2011, 05:12 PM
I don't know who I was kidding, this place is just too awesome to forget about sometimes. :lol:

:cheer:

Laura_VeeFan
Nov 6th, 2011, 07:01 PM
French Open please. I need that Career Grand Slam :cheer:

A medal at the Olympics and the #1 spot would be good as well :)

Stonerpova
Nov 7th, 2011, 12:33 AM
Find a serve. If she does that everything else I (realistically) want will happen.

Maria Croft
Nov 7th, 2011, 12:11 PM
Stay healthy.

Mistress of Evil
Nov 7th, 2011, 05:00 PM
UNREALISTIC, DELUSIONAL, NOT REALISTIC MASHABATOR GOALS:

- win the French
- get an Olympic Medal
- beat Serena, Kvitova
- win Miami
- make QFs at all the Slams
- back to N1

One real wish:

Be healthy, play a full schedule and enjoy the game!

rucolo
Nov 7th, 2011, 05:47 PM
Only one thing, a Grand Slam title ! :hysteric:

JamieOwen3
Nov 7th, 2011, 08:47 PM
winning miami is not unrealistic!

goldlion
Nov 8th, 2011, 02:18 AM
Just play with confidence that's it. Henin in 2007 once showed even with low FS% she can still win heaps of matches.

Mistress of Evil
Nov 8th, 2011, 05:14 AM

It kinda is despite her having multiple opportunities to win it, she has always come short :awww: And I have come to terms that its not happening ever!

domon17th
Nov 8th, 2011, 09:54 AM
I just finished watching Masha-Henin AO08 highlights (Was inspired actually by the GM thread which is quite epic) and I literally got CHILLS. Masha was so poised, confident and assured even though there were some hiccups when serving out the first set. It was controlled aggression textbook style. I just hope that in 2012, Masha rediscovers that confidence and cockiness again. I agree with some poster that Masha's game lies in her instinct, and recently she's just been bothered by too many things mentally. She needs to get the 'better than everyone else' mentality back. Ironic considering her new promo for Head is that her game is instinct.

Shivank17
Nov 10th, 2011, 12:09 PM

Win a RG
win miami
keep on being fierce.

THIS.Its really annoying to lose to NaNa again and AGAIN.

My ultimate wish is her winning another Slam and to have that wonderful 'falling to the ground after match point' moment again. :cheer:
Trust me I dream of that EVERY DAY. :sad: :awww:
It will be so much more special for her to win a slam after having 3 and a half tough years. :awww: :[

Shivank17
Nov 10th, 2011, 12:10 PM
It kinda is despite her having multiple opportunities to win it, she has always come short :awww: And I have come to terms that its not happening ever!

It WILL happen one day. :angel: Its the 'GlamSlam' ,and anything related to glamour has to Maria's. :p :rocker2: :lol:

vozas
Nov 10th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Just play with confidence that's it. Henin in 2007 once showed even with low FS% she can still win heaps of matches.

Henin didn't need a first serve because she was lightning quick and her motion was really simple to begin with. Maria takes much more time finishing her motion and isn't nearly as good a mover as Henin was, so if someone pummels her serve she'll be completely off balance for the remainder of the rally (unless she's playing a pusher).

Maria REALLY needs a great 1st serve.

atominside
Nov 10th, 2011, 08:31 PM
Maria's forehand was god awful in the Wimbledon final :sobbing:

Monzanator
Nov 12th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Another Grand Slam, don't care which one.. just anyone :sobbing:

atominside
Dec 5th, 2011, 08:00 PM
she needs to get back to that power play. She plays the percentages to often now. The only way i see maria winning a hardcourtslam or wimbledon is by that powerful tennis. Not what she has been doing undder Hogstedt. It can definitely win her the RG tho.

Stonerpova
Dec 10th, 2011, 04:48 AM
she needs to get back to that power play. She plays the percentages to often now. The only way i see maria winning a hardcourtslam or wimbledon is by that powerful tennis. Not what she has been doing undder Hogstedt. It can definitely win her the RG tho.

Agreed on all counts.

Honestly if she found a serve all problems would be taken care of. It would inject so much confidence into her game and she wouldn't hesitate like she has lately.

Steven.
Dec 10th, 2011, 07:49 AM
Win a grand slam.
Make QF of all slams.
Win at least 2 additional titles, preferably Miami and/or Cincinnati and/or OG gold.

MashaFan01
Dec 10th, 2011, 09:07 PM
I want her to beat Serena a couple of times in 2012 - that really would make my day(s) - :lol:

claypova
Dec 22nd, 2011, 01:47 AM
I want her to:

1. Beat Wozniacki
2. Beat Serena (:shrug:)
3. Not to bomb out early in Brisbane (but she will anyway)
4. Get the bumber 1 ranking
5. Get a medal at the Olympics
6. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY ... WIN THE FRENCH OPEN! :sobbing:

atominside
Dec 22nd, 2011, 03:32 AM
Her Footwork

Steven.
Dec 22nd, 2011, 05:10 AM
It WILL happen one day. :angel: Its the 'GlamSlam' ,and anything related to glamour has to Maria's. :p :rocker2: :lol:

Glam Slam? I like.

Mr.Sharapova
Dec 22nd, 2011, 02:40 PM
I want her to beat Serena a couple of times in 2012 - that really would make my day(s) - :lol:

:lol:. Imagine Maria tying their H2H next year :haha:. That would me Amaze :inlove:.

Shivank17
Jan 3rd, 2012, 04:52 PM
:lol:. Imagine Maria tying their H2H next year :haha:. That would me Amaze :inlove:.

Lets get back to reality, shall we? :sobbing: :o

The only place where Maria MAY beat Rena are clay courts.But chances are less considering Rena hardly plays clay tourneys.I wouldn't mind Maria winning the French defeating Rena in the finals. :hearts: :drool:

perseus2006
Jan 5th, 2012, 07:18 AM
A very doable list:

Stay injury free for the season.
No colds.
No flu.
No odd viral attacks despite playing Fed Cup in Moscow!
No emotional letdowns.
Performance wise: I'll settle for her completing a Career Golden Slam...

Go, Pova! Play fierce tennis!

madmax
Jan 5th, 2012, 11:03 AM
could she just stay injury free for ONE freaking season:sad: I know it's not too much to ask for...

Shivank17
Jan 5th, 2012, 11:50 AM
I know :sad:
And she starts the year with a pull out. :o

jameshazza
Jan 5th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Beat Serena, even if Serena is so injured she can hardly play and its in three very tight sets. I don't care. Also win RG.

Steven.
Jan 7th, 2012, 02:30 PM
I have a new achievement I want Maria to get. I want her to win at least one title in general (don't care which, but prefreably slam obv) this year as it'll mean that she has won a title each year for 10 consecutive years. :)

jameshazza
Jan 7th, 2012, 04:21 PM
I have a new achievement I want Maria to get. I want her to win at least one title in general (don't care which, but prefreably slam obv) this year as it'll mean that she has won a title each year for 10 consecutive years. :)

I like it...;)

killerqueen
Jan 24th, 2012, 10:59 PM
* First are foremost, stay fit, healthy, injury free and happy for the whole year. Aww :)

Must Do's! :D
* Win some nice titles. I don't mind how many or which ones, but something nice that we can boast about! :D
* Improve on her serve stats, even if just a little bit. I can more than live with the fact that it'll never be perfect, but any improvement would be nice.
I like the way this one has started!
* Do her best to defend Cinci and Rome titles. If she doesn't win it's fine, but don't let them go without a fight!
* Solid performance at all slams. QF and above would be nice if possible!
* Qualify for YEC and improve on performance there. It's tough because she was injured, but it was very hard to cope with defeats to her pigeon and the slump queen!

Would love, but excusable if it doesn't happen
* End the four year wait and win a Grand Slam title. Any one, any way. It'd be amazing! :)
* Complete the career Grand Slam - came close last year, go one last step! :)
* Beat. Serena. Williams. It's been far to long!
* Become #1 in the world. Even for a week. Again, it's been far to long!
* Olympic medal would be nice. Gold medal would be bliss.

But again, all I really want is a happy healthy Maria trying her best to succeed. :)

Shafanovic.
Jan 25th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Win a Grandslam or make semis in at least 3 of the grandslams.

Beat Serena, Sam, Na, Petra, Caro, Vika, Aga. (Choose at least 4 of them)

Win IW or Miami, or both.

Win a title to make it 10 years in a row with at least 1 title.

Stay in top 5, or better yet, top 3

Shafanovic.
Jan 25th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Play doubles :oh: (Olympic or not)

Win an Olympic medal, doesn't matter which one. Of course gold is preferred.

shaktincredible
Jan 25th, 2012, 02:35 PM
win more GS.

win RG and achieve career slam.

win olympic gold medal.

win miami.

reach US open final once again.

lefty24
Jan 25th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Get to QF or better in each slam. 1 for 1 so far.
It's a very achievable goal.

domon17th
Jan 25th, 2012, 02:54 PM
Mine after this successful AO campaign:

Win Miami
Win RG
Win (any) Olympics medal

That and she'll be immortalised.

killerqueen
Jan 25th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Oh yes! I really want Maria to win Miami. Preferably taking revenge over Vika in the final.

Stonerpova
Jan 26th, 2012, 02:40 PM
Win the final. If she did that any victory from now on would just be icing on the cake.

Mr.Sharapova
Jan 26th, 2012, 02:49 PM
Win the final on Saturday.

Fighterpova
Jan 26th, 2012, 07:13 PM
I want her to win on Sunday! Whatever happens after that in her career, it's okay because she finally did what she wanted to do since returning to injury- win a Slam.

Fiercepova
Jan 26th, 2012, 09:34 PM
1. Be healthy and consistent, play full schedule :D
2. Somehow fix that serve :hysteric:
3. Win at least a slam. I really hope she wins RG this year to complete the Career Slam :sobbing:
4. Win an Olympic medal. Gold medal is :worship:!
5. Make at least the QFs at all the slams :angel:
6. Win a Premier Mandatory. Hope it can be Miami :awww:
7. Get back to the no.1 spot :bounce:
8. Beat Serena, Caro, Vika, Li, Petra, Kim, Sam, Aga (:devil:) and Pennetta :shout:
9. Qualify for YEC :cheer:
10. Continue to be the queen of 3-set matches :hearts:
11. Win some tight matches to have the chances to swear "FUCK ON" a few more times :spit::rolls:

Emina.
Jan 26th, 2012, 09:39 PM
I want her to win the Aussie Open. :)

killerqueen
Jan 28th, 2012, 04:08 PM
Recover emotionally. :(

Joelina
Jan 29th, 2012, 08:30 AM
i so want Maria to win RG, honestly AO, USO and WIM would be just another to her collection, but with RG she would became one of these GOAT players with all four slams ;)

claypova
Jan 29th, 2012, 08:32 AM
i want Maria to win a GS before she retires :sobbing:

doomsday
Jan 29th, 2012, 08:34 AM
i so want Maria to win RG, honestly AO, USO and WIM would be just another to her collection, but with RG she would became one of these GOAT players with all four slams ;)

THIS so bad. Beside should be ranked N2 for the FO so it's gonna help her to have an easy draw.:lol:

18majors
Jan 29th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Get fitter and finish strong for grand slams.

Cherry.
Jan 29th, 2012, 06:29 PM
i want Maria to win a GS before she retires :sobbing:This. Anyone, anytime will do. Just one more. :sad:

Trih
Jan 29th, 2012, 06:35 PM
We all just want the same thing, if there's something good left in this wicked world we'll see her win one Slam again. :sobbing:

graffite
Jan 29th, 2012, 11:45 PM
1. Stay Healthy

2. No retirement anytime soon (~ atleast 2-3 years). Don't care if she marries Sasha this year or has kids but she could come back even after a kid ala Clijsters. I'm selfish like that.

3. Give me an autograph/good kodak moment when I meet her at my local tourny.

4. Have a Plan B game. If the first serve does not go in, have a killer but safe second serve ala Stosur. If either FH or BH groundies are not working, try other things. I was just watching her 2004 Wimbly match against Ai and wow, the number of times she comes to the net! and makes winners!
4a) Maybe she should play some doubles to practice this stuff. And it would be fun for us to see her interacting with others on court as well.

5. Tight matches from QF on - lots of close tie-breaker, heart stopping tennis matches like Rafa-Nadal. Until QF, feel free to dominate and set up a bakery.

6. Grand Slam would be nice.

7. Most importantly, Olympic medal.

That's all, Masha, with love. ;-)

Maria rocks
Jan 30th, 2012, 10:57 AM
I know its a tall order but to win the French so she's then won all the slam's. I would also love her to win Wimbledon again because i know she really wants that title again. And overtake that annoying Kvitiva in the rankings!!!

I felt Maria did so well at the Australian this year obv gutted she didn't win the final and had a few tears at the time but what a fabulous two weeks and i just know its gonna be a fabulous 2012 for our Maria:) Im so proud of her and she'll always be the No 1 Tennis player in my eyes and im sure its the same with you guys.

Shivank17
Jan 30th, 2012, 01:15 PM
I would also like some wins in Fed Cup. :angel:

Charlatan
Mar 31st, 2012, 07:35 PM
UNREALISTIC, DELUSIONAL, NOT REALISTIC MASHABATOR GOALS:

- win Miami

:awww: :sad:

Shivank17
Mar 31st, 2012, 07:37 PM
I was thinking about quoting the exact same thing. :lol:

Svetlio. :bowdown:

Cherry.
Mar 31st, 2012, 07:56 PM
It's really sad.
Now I just hope she can win a title this year. :o

Trih
Mar 31st, 2012, 08:01 PM
I think I'll have to change my sig back to fit this "final-losing" trend.
I just want your mental strength back Maria, we all know you're brave when you hit big second serves etc. but I want you to get back your cold blood in finals.
It's like the #1 spot: win big things and the #1 will come, have mental strength and you'll win finals again.

Shivank17
Mar 31st, 2012, 08:03 PM
Maria pls win a tournament. :sad: :tears:

nelsondan
Mar 31st, 2012, 11:55 PM
I gotta wonder...would a ten pound weight gain slow her up, or would it increase her focus and power? She looks about as thin as she usually does, but I have seen her a few pounds more. Not sure if it affected her play, one way or the other. She missed a lot of shots, not because she could not get to them, but because she seemed to lose focus on where she was trying to send them.

Trih
Mar 31st, 2012, 11:56 PM
She's not physically powerless, she's just been mentally weak.

Cherry.
Apr 1st, 2012, 12:15 AM
She's not physically powerless, she's just been mentally weak.
Exactly. There's nothing wrong with her physically. In matches vs. Vika you can still say there's the match-up problem etc etc but a loss like this is just purely a mental letdown. Nowadays she always seems nervous as hell in a final even if she was facing somebody who's far less experienced and has never been to the final before. She needs to find a way to get over this mental hurdle.
Also I can't see how a weight gain can help her improve her focus? Focus has nothing to do with weight.

Trih
Apr 1st, 2012, 12:35 AM
The italian commentators on Eurosport which are in my opinion very good, were just saying those things. I remember things like:
"She's rigid when she has to go for the winners, she's missing with BH DTL, which is her best shot. She must stay with her feet much more inside the court, she's doing that sometimes but she instantly goes back to the baseline 'cause she's nervous and afraid to make mistakes."
I think that also Hogstedt said that to her, to stay more close to the middle when Aga was serving, specially when she was serving 2nd serves...

Cherry.
Apr 1st, 2012, 12:49 AM
Also she really needs to choose to serve first if she won the toss (that won't happen though cos she said herself that she's more stubborn than anyone could imagine). I mean it isn't the most important thing in most circumstances but in matches like this it really makes a huge difference. At least when you got broken you still have a chance to break back to stay in the match, instead of just lose straight away. She was holding pretty comfortably bar that 2 most critical games. Had she served first she would be leading through both sets and that way she would have less pressure and could do better in those return games.

Jamrock,20
Apr 1st, 2012, 01:39 AM
Come on guys be strong! This is when she needs her fans the most. The fighter we love is still in there and she's not giving up!

Shivank17
Apr 1st, 2012, 04:04 AM
Also she really needs to choose to serve first if she won the toss (that won't happen though cos she said herself that she's more stubborn than anyone could imagine). I mean it isn't the most important thing in most circumstances but in matches like this it really makes a huge difference. At least when you got broken you still have a chance to break back to stay in the match, instead of just lose straight away. She was holding pretty comfortably bar that 2 most critical games. Had she served first she would be leading through both sets and that way she would have less pressure and could do better in those return games.

Yes, she was serving so well today, just not at pressure games.
If she would have served first, that big, it would have given her a lot of confidence to break Aga, and not pressurize her on her serve at like 4-5 or 5-6 where she completely blew away.

Cherry.
Apr 1st, 2012, 04:22 AM
Yes, she was serving so well today, just not at pressure games.
If she would have served first, that big, it would have given her a lot of confidence to break Aga, and not pressurize her on her serve at like 4-5 or 5-6 where she completely blew away.Absolutely. I understand that she chooses to receive because since comeback she's more confident in her returns than serves. But if your service game is gonna get broken at some point in the match, it's better be sooner than later. I mean she didn't give out any BPs in any other services games expect those 2 games at the end of each set. :sad:

doomsday
Apr 1st, 2012, 08:52 AM
I'm really sick but sick of this, I was not that crushed over those losses against Vika because it was Vika against whom she always had trouble but Aga of all people, that pathetic pusher and 1 winner per set. I just can't.
Bring on clay season, I have no more expectations on others surfaces except clay and fast HC and I have accepted that she will NEVER win Miami it's never good when she feels home on court, NEVER.

Shivank17
Apr 1st, 2012, 08:58 AM
Absolutely. I understand that she chooses to receive because since comeback she's more confident in her returns than serves. But if your service game is gonna get broken at some point in the match, it's better be sooner than later. I mean she didn't give out any BPs in any other services games expect those 2 games at the end of each set. :sad:

:sad: These are just one of the 755829 things that went wrong yesterday.I guess we should just forgive and forget. I missed that Maria who used to fight for every point on the return and not just give away games like gifts(SantaClausPova :o ). Well hopefully this loss will work as a motivation for the clay season.

killerqueen
Jun 9th, 2012, 02:55 PM
* First are foremost, stay fit, healthy, injury free and happy for the whole year. Aww :)

Must Do's! :D
* Win some nice titles. I don't mind how many or which ones, but something nice that we can boast about! :D
French Open anyone? :)
* Improve on her serve stats, even if just a little bit. I can more than live with the fact that it'll never be perfect, but any improvement would be nice.
She actually has a serve again
* Do her best to defend Cinci and Rome titles. If she doesn't win it's fine, but don't let them go without a fight!
Rome retained, looking forward to a good summer!
* Solid performance at all slams. QF and above would be nice if possible!
So far so good!
* Qualify for YEC and improve on performance there. It's tough because she was injured, but it was very hard to cope with defeats to her pigeon and the slump queen!
YEC qualification guaranteed. Better performance certain if she continues like this!

Would love, but excusable if it doesn't happen
* End the four year wait and win a Grand Slam title. Any one, any way. It'd be amazing! :)
Thank you!
* Complete the career Grand Slam - came close last year, go one last step! :)
Omg. :bigcry:
* Beat. Serena. Williams. It's been far to long!
I believe this is the one I want the most now!
* Become #1 in the world. Even for a week. Again, it's been far to long!
Awesome!
* Olympic medal would be nice. Gold medal would be bliss.
She totally could do this!
But again, all I really want is a happy healthy Maria trying her best to succeed. :)

June the 9th, and she's done virtually everything I wanted for her. :sad::hearts:

Monzanator
Jun 9th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Another Grand Slam, don't care which one.. just anyone :sobbing:

I can die now :sobbing:

claypova
Jun 9th, 2012, 03:09 PM
i want Maria to win a GS before she retires :sobbing:

This. Anyone, anytime will do. Just one more. :sad:

YES :woohoo:

Shivank17
Jun 9th, 2012, 03:41 PM
I fucking love you Sharapova :sobbing:

JamieOwen3
Jun 9th, 2012, 03:48 PM

Win at RG
win miami
keep on being fierce.

Serve is fixed enough RG done :hearts: She beat Li Na convincingly and at least she snatched the #1 ranking ;) Who cares about Miami :woohoo:

JamieOwen3
Jun 9th, 2012, 03:54 PM
French Open please. I need that Career Grand Slam :cheer:

A medal at the Olympics and the #1 spot would be good as well :)

2 out of 3 completed. 1 more to go for you :D

killerqueen
Jun 9th, 2012, 04:00 PM
All I want now is some kind of Olympic medal (pref Gold of course) and a win over Serena :)

vozas
Jun 9th, 2012, 05:02 PM
I want another slam and a win against Serena. Just one.

Best season of Maria's career by far (if only she had won Miami :sobbing:, but fuck that, she more than made up for it).

Her confidence should be scary now.

Steven.
Jun 9th, 2012, 05:05 PM

gurls, fuck the "Maria Slam". LETS MAKE THE "GLAM SLAM" HAPPEN :rocker:

Shivank17
Jun 9th, 2012, 05:06 PM
:lol: Maria for Glam Slam! :rocker2:

Break My Rapture
Jun 9th, 2012, 05:07 PM
New goal. :armed: Finish with a title count of at least 30 before the end of this season.

vozas
Jun 9th, 2012, 05:08 PM
New goal. :armed: Finish with a title count of at least 30 before the end of this season.

Your sig :worship::worship: Victoria deserves that spot! Here's to a great rivalry in the future

http://i52.tinypic.com/2qbyr1s.jpg

Break My Rapture
Jun 9th, 2012, 05:11 PM
YES! I don't care if they dislike each other, gimme those entertaining catfights on the court! They'll motivate each other to bring their best tennis.

GrandMartha
Jun 9th, 2012, 05:11 PM
We want another slam this year. Any one :lol:
even Chokomomo managed to win 2 a year :hysteric:

Steven.
Jun 9th, 2012, 05:13 PM
roland garros wimbledon double plz :angel:

Joelina
Jun 9th, 2012, 05:13 PM
We want another slam this year. Any one :lol:
even Chokomomo managed to win 2 a year :hysteric:

this. she improved her serve and movement, so hopefully it will be Wimbledon

Shivank17
Jun 9th, 2012, 05:14 PM
Yes, even I want 30 titles, and its very much possible now :cheer:

Oh and more of the rivalry between Extremely Injured and Fucking Bitch :cheer:

doooma6816
Jun 9th, 2012, 05:15 PM
I think if she doesn't meet Serena at Wmbledon she will have great chance to win it again. The same with USO.
I want win over Kim at Slam.

abesky
Jun 9th, 2012, 05:20 PM
I think if she doesn't meet Serena at Wmbledon she will have great chance to win it again. The same with USO.

In my opinion she HAS and NEEDS to meet Serena in Wimbledon because the curse needs to be broken and the chances needs to come full circle. Some cool numbers: Serena is 8-2 against Maria, 8 years ago she won Wimbledon, since 2004, Maria lost to Serena for the 8th time. So it's like 88888.. it's like 8 is Maria's lucky number.. Gotta check her Aries's profile later.. :lol: I'm so wierd..

So I know that Maria will meet Serena in the SF or Finals and finally have that long awaited revenge we've been looking for since 2004.

doooma6816
Jun 9th, 2012, 05:24 PM
In my opinion she HAS and NEEDS to meet Serena in Wimbledon because the curse needs to be broken and the chances needs to come full circle. Some cool numbers: Serena is 8-2 against Maria, 8 years ago she won Wimbledon, since 2004, Maria lost to Serena for the 8th time. So it's like 88888.. it's like 8 is Maria's lucky number.. Gotta check her Aries's profile later.. :lol: I'm so wierd..

So I know that Maria will meet Serena in the SF or Finals and finally have that long awaited revenge we've been looking for since 2004.

well their Wimbledon 2010 meeting was the most entertaining, so she has a chance to beat her. ;)

Maria Croft
Jun 9th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Now even more so than before, stay healthy.

Because she can do ANYTHING if she remains healthy.

doooma6816
Jun 9th, 2012, 05:28 PM
Now even more so than before, stay healthy.

Because she can do ANYTHING if she remains healthy.

this:worship:

Steven.
Jun 9th, 2012, 05:30 PM

ikr. Kim Mash R1 or R2 of Wimbledon please :devil:

shaktincredible
Jun 9th, 2012, 06:09 PM
win more GS.

win olympic gold medal.

win miami.

two tasks DONE!!

next: olympic please!!

it was very close at Miami :sobbing:

Shivank17
Jun 9th, 2012, 06:19 PM
After a much better year,with a lot of disappointments too,2012 can be a great year,considering Pova wins slams only in even years. :oh: So what do you want Masha to achieve/win/do in 2012,post here,and check back when the year ends. :p

2.Beat Kvitova :fiery: , Na :sobbing: , bagel Sammy , beat Kim,Caro and Serena. :angel:
5.Qualify for the YEC.

1. Done :cheer:
2. Defeated Kvitova, Sammy, Caro, Na. :cheer:
3. :lol: never mind.
4. halfway there. :angel:
5. Done :cheer:
6. 1-2 titles to go :cheer:
7. Doing good with that :cheer:
8. DFs have reduced significantly.

vozas
Jun 9th, 2012, 06:42 PM
Stay healthy!

jameshazza
Jun 9th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Obviously would love OG. And I've always dreamt of her winning Wimbledon again. About Rena, never underestimate new Slam swagger.

Break My Rapture
Jun 9th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Oh and definitely beat Radwanska again before the year is over.

dsanders06
Jun 9th, 2012, 07:12 PM
Oh and definitely beat Radwanska again before the year is over.

Yes, BUT it's going to have to wait for Montreal or Cincinnati - I don't want Vulture making it into the semis of Wimbledon or the Olympics, no matter how much her humiliation at the hands of Maria would taint it.

Kitten63
Jun 9th, 2012, 09:46 PM
I want her to win RG and then I can die happy :sobbing:

:hearts:

killerqueen
Jun 9th, 2012, 09:47 PM
:hearts:

:armed: Say your prayers. :lol:

abesky
Jun 9th, 2012, 09:50 PM
I'm not done my fucking wish list from Santa Maria :(
I want her first #2 slam-win to be Wimbledon :oh:

Jack89
Jun 9th, 2012, 09:58 PM
I'd like Maria to end the year No 1. A medal at the Olympics would be nice too (preferably Gold)

Any other Slam she won this year would be a bonus.

Trih
Jun 9th, 2012, 10:12 PM
I want her to keep improving, from 2010 to 2011 it was going better, to continue like that. To have the right confidence.
I'd love a GS AND a medal a the OG. A Career Golden Slam would be a dream coming true.

We all just want the same thing, if there's something good left in this wicked world we'll see her win one Slam again. :sobbing:

I think I'll have to change my sig back to fit this "final-losing" trend.
I just want your mental strength back Maria, we all know you're brave when you hit big second serves etc. but I want you to get back your cold blood in finals.
It's like the #1 spot: win big things and the #1 will come, have mental strength and you'll win finals again.

Dreams, dreams coming true. :tears:

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 9th, 2012, 10:22 PM
From now on I want her to finish the year as 1#, win the gold medal and win the USO :angel:. The YEC would be a bonus :sobbing::sobbing::oh:.

gc-spurs
Jun 10th, 2012, 12:26 AM
Fix the serve and make the backhand a consistent money shot again.

Win a slam.... SERIOUSLY I AM NOT PICKY.

Wins over Serena (yeah right), Na, KvittyGOAT, and a demolition of Wozniacka. I'm feeling it for Australia!

Serve is a weapon again, BH has been money on clay with the slide, won a slam, beat Na, beat KvittyGOAT, beat Sunshine.

Serena is literally the final hurdle

jameshazza
Jun 10th, 2012, 12:29 AM
It's amazing how our desires have suddenly doubled. But we only demand so much of her because we know how good she truly is. If she has a deep run at Wimbledon she may very well finish the year as #1. Another 3000 points should seal the deal.

claypova
Jun 10th, 2012, 03:01 AM
now I want her to get 30 titles by the end of the year :cheer:

Wimbledon, Olympic Gold, US Open, Tokyo, YEC. do it :cheer:

dsanders06
Jun 10th, 2012, 03:04 AM

Swap Tokyo for the Canadian Open (pretty much the only long-established prestigious tournament she hasn't won yet other than Miami) and that would be my dream list.

goldlion
Jun 10th, 2012, 03:36 AM
Actually I want her to get a win over Serena this year in a slam - Wimbledon or US Open.

Reptilia
Jun 10th, 2012, 04:36 AM
Swap Tokyo for the Canadian Open (pretty much the only long-established prestigious tournament she hasn't won yet other than Miami) and that would be my dream list.

Seems so strange you having an avi :lol:

madmax
Jun 10th, 2012, 04:59 AM

:worship::worship:

domon17th
Jun 10th, 2012, 05:02 AM

True, haha now dsanders has a Masha avi!

As for me, I do have very high expectations now. One more slam is entirely possible I think, particularly Wimbledon if she can serve effectively too. I'd like her to play as consistently high level as what she'd done in the season thus far, and YE No.1 for the first time should be a lock.

Monzanator
Jun 10th, 2012, 05:14 AM
From now on I want her to finish the year as 1#, win the gold medal and win the USO :angel:. The YEC would be a bonus :sobbing::sobbing::oh:.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9rsa7oZHU1qcga5ro1_500.jpg

lefty24
Jun 10th, 2012, 05:30 AM

back on topic.

for me the French Open is by far what I want the most. A career slam will really put Masha on a new level, and it will tremendously raise her confidence.

Lol at everyone quoting their I want Maria to win the French open posts.
I'll join in on the fun.

My biggest dream now is to just completely dominate this generation. Goatmash.

gc-spurs
Jun 10th, 2012, 06:35 AM

Oh my god I didn't even realise it was dsanders cause I saw an avi.

Shivank17
Jun 10th, 2012, 07:32 AM

you are too greedy, Milot. :p

this. I would like to see her win titles she hasn't won and the Rogers Cup is the most prestigious tournament except Miami that Maria has not won(and Beijing too I guess when it comes to points, but who cares about that.)So it would be nice if she can win these two.

Maria Croft
Jun 10th, 2012, 07:40 AM
Stay healthy, determined, and stay fighting, those are always the most important ones, and the rest will come.

But if I'm looking ahead, it would be amazing to win an Olympic Medal, finally make a US Open QF again, and maybe sneak in another Slam ;) :p
Also, while I don't care much for the ranking, finishing a season as the number one player is something pretty special.

claypova
Jun 10th, 2012, 09:34 AM

true, but I was thinking more of getting a title from each swing (Tokyo>>>Beijing) :lol:

Feyd
Jun 10th, 2012, 09:38 AM
One or two of Wimbledon-Olympics-USOPEN-YEC. She can tank the rest.

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 10th, 2012, 09:47 AM
you are too greedy, Milot. :p

this. I would like to see her win titles she hasn't won and the Rogers Cup is the most prestigious tournament except Miami that Maria has not won(and Beijing too I guess when it comes to points, but who cares about that.)So it would be nice if she can win these two.

I know :sobbing:.

Mr.Sharapova
Jun 10th, 2012, 09:51 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l9rsa7oZHU1qcga5ro1_500.jpg

:sobbing::yeah:.

Joelina
Jun 10th, 2012, 10:04 AM
USO QF or SF, she wasn´t there from 2006

dsanders06
Jun 10th, 2012, 01:05 PM

Oh my god I didn't even realise it was dsanders cause I saw an avi.

Even I get confused :sobbing: I was skimming over the results thread in GM again this morning and came across one of my posts and because of the avatar for some reason I thought it was that GameSetAndMatch poster, and I was reading the post and thinking "I'm sure I wrote something similar to this" .... then I realised :tape:

Crux Squall
Jun 10th, 2012, 05:40 PM
https://p.twimg.com/AvC5UE7CAAA7EWE.png
Only Steffi Graft has Olympic
Maria ::drool::

Stonerpova
Jun 10th, 2012, 06:09 PM
Even I get confused :sobbing: I was skimming over the results thread in GM again this morning and came across one of my posts and because of the avatar for some reason I thought it was that GameSetAndMatch poster, and I was reading the post and thinking "I'm sure I wrote something similar to this" .... then I realised :tape:

I'm honored :lol:

As for the thread topic, she's got the slam so I guess an Olympic medal is the only other thing I want her to do :shrug:

jameshazza
Jun 10th, 2012, 06:38 PM
She mightn't have done 3 in a row but she needs to do four now. That said I would love a Slam, and her to win as #1, but OG only comes every years so if I had to pick one...

Julian.
Jun 11th, 2012, 04:41 AM

She reached even more :sobbing: A career grand slam :sobbing:

vozas
Jun 11th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Beat Serena

Kon.
Jun 11th, 2012, 09:35 AM
Win Wimbledon. US open would be fine too. :p
Fix the h2h with Clijsters. (It's not that important but it's such a fluke h2h and this year is her last chance to do it)
Beat Radwanska and Azarenka a couple of times each.
Finish as No.1. (Just because she's never done it)
Win the gold in the Olympics. (Just because only Steffi has a Golden Slam)

But nothing matters that much. Our girl just completed her Career Slam. :awww:

Fighterpova
Jun 16th, 2012, 01:09 PM
Omg, all the things I secretly wanted her to do, but was too afraid to say it, she did!

She won a Slam :worship:
She beat Li(twice), Kvitova(twice), Azarenka, Stosur, etc :eek:
She already won 3 titles and hopefully she will win 1-2 more until the end of the year and finish as #1 :hearts:

My ONLY regret this year is her loss in Miami :facepalm:

Chrisjames
Jun 23rd, 2012, 02:38 PM
I can't believe that she had lost that Miami final to Radwanska. That was horrible. But I'm glad that she won Roland Garros.

I would like for her to go deep in all of her last tournaments and hopefully she less double faults. Also this would be more of a miracle than her Roland Garros win, but I want her to have more of her matches where she doesn't have so many unnecessary UNFORCED ERRORS, they driven me crazy.

And also beat Serena would be great but I don't think that's happening unfortunately, Serena is too great & better of an athlete and she makes everything so effortless, and even if Serena has as long-distance marathon match, I do believe that Serena would still be Maria, unfortunately... =(

Valkyre
Jun 25th, 2012, 07:36 AM
Honestly, after claiming the no1 spot in the world and winning a Slam (especially the one she was missing), all I want is Olympics. That is what I care mostly about right now. Ofcourse another Slam is welcome, but if I had to choose a Slam or Olympics, I would choose Olympics any day.

humanabstract
Jul 13th, 2012, 07:04 AM
As for now olympic gold would be perfect knowing it's Maria's dream:hearts:

jameshazza
Aug 4th, 2012, 03:52 PM
Aww :hug:
Even the Madrid, a tournament I hate, loss hurt more than this. Because even though the loss is hard, you still get something of real merit and value.

Maria Croft
Aug 4th, 2012, 04:05 PM
Olympic medal, check!

Up next would be at least a QF showing at the US Open, and another HC title would be nice.

Other than that, as always, remain healthy and happy.

Trih
Aug 4th, 2012, 04:35 PM
I was just going to check if I said "medal" or "gold" :lol: so much life from this thread :hearts:

masha122
Aug 4th, 2012, 04:43 PM
nice that she got a medal im so proud of her ; right now i want her to win at least a title and reach SF in the us open ; im sure she can do it and if it's possible end this year as the 1 st ranked in the world :)

killerqueen
Aug 4th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Silver is nice, I'd have liked Gold, but at the start of the year I'd have snapped up Silver. :)

For the rest of the year I'd like Maria to:

Another title or two. :)
Do everything in her power to defend Cinci.
Send Aga back to Poland.
Have a nice run at the US Open (QF or better would be lovely) :)
... Take a set against Sarin? :lol:

**mashafierce**
Aug 4th, 2012, 05:47 PM
Win USO and silence the doubters and beat Vika and Vulture

JamieOwen3
Aug 4th, 2012, 05:54 PM
I thought I had also put an Olympic Medal in my list :sobbing: well obviously it was one of the things.

Valkyre
Aug 4th, 2012, 06:06 PM
She already achieved more than I hoped for. In the beginning I wished for a Slam, any Slam and to be among the top 4 in the world rankings.

Maria did way more than I honestly ever dreamed she would do.

She played 10 tournaments and went to 7 finals... SEVEN.
She had a clay season that reminded Rafa's one.
She defended her Rome title, something that she hadnt done in a lot of time.

Then she went on to win a Slam like I wanted. But she won the Slam I never ever thought she would win... the French Open...and that completed another milestone
A Career Grand Slam!

But wait... there is more... she regained the no 1 spot in the world... something I really didnt think she would be able to do.
Then the olympics... in the beggining of the year I would hope that she could be among the top 4, maybe win a bronze medal.
Maria went on to win the silver medal and become officially an olympian representing her country with pride and honor.

So my goals before the year:
-Win a Slam
-Stay in the top 4 in the world rankings
-Get a bronze medal

Maria's achievements so far:
- French Open Champion
- Career Grand Slam
- World no 1 spot regained
- Silver medal at the Olympics
- most consistent player on tour with 7 final appearances in 10 tournaments

As you can see she already has over exceeded my expectations so anything else is just adding to an already AMAZING year for Maria, probably the best of her career in my humble opinion.

JoPova
Aug 4th, 2012, 06:20 PM
She's achieved so much! I'm very proud! :worship:

jameshazza
Aug 4th, 2012, 11:35 PM
This one might seem weird but I can't see Maria playing any more than 5 tournaments for the rest of the year so I would like her to win 2 of them just so she doesn't lose any more than ten matches this season.

Cherry.
Aug 5th, 2012, 12:46 AM
I just want her to be healthy and happy for the rest of the year. :) A title or two, or year-end #1 will be icing on the cake.
This has already been a hell of a season and I'm very very proud. She has exceeded every one of my expectations I previously had. (After Miami I could hardly see her winning a Slam final again, then she won RG. After Wimbledon I thought it'd be very difficult for her to get a medal, then she won Silver).
I'm blessed to be her fan. :)

Stonerpova
Aug 5th, 2012, 03:45 AM
I want her to not be affected by today's loss and fight like hell for the rest of the season. Result-wise she's accomplishes everything I could possibly have wanted.

Lazyking
Aug 5th, 2012, 05:39 AM
Another USO win would be really awesome.

Honestly, Maria has had a great career, still young, and is top 3 tennis player on any surface. She can defintely win more slams.

domon17th
Aug 5th, 2012, 05:42 AM
Time to live up to her seedings in the USO. She was never truly in great form during the past few USO series, but I think this year she finally has the confidence to make a serious push. C'mon!

claypova
Aug 5th, 2012, 06:24 AM
I want her to:

1. Beat Wozniacki
2. Beat Serena (:shrug:)
3. Not to bomb out early in Brisbane (but she will anyway)
4. Get the number 1 ranking
5. Get a medal at the Olympics
6. BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY ... WIN THE FRENCH OPEN! :sobbing:

everything but number 2 :worship:

doomsday
Aug 5th, 2012, 06:27 AM
Win the US Open.

Andy.
Aug 5th, 2012, 06:30 AM
I really want her to do well again at the US Open her record there since her win has been pretty awful. I want her to at least get beyond the 4th round. A semi would be amazing.

Rerun
Aug 5th, 2012, 06:43 AM
and now my best tourney is getting close

Go girl :inlove:

Crux Squall
Sep 8th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Now i really want to see Maria finish year with #1. She deserve it

Trih
Sep 8th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Aaahhh, this thread always makes me feel better every time it's bumped.

claypova
Sep 8th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Get one more title until the year ends ... that's all i ask for :sobbing:

Shivank17
Sep 8th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Yeah, just one more title and a good showing at YEC(Semis at least).

I would also love YE No.1! :oh: :p

Shivank17
Sep 8th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Aaahhh, this thread always makes me feel better every time it's bumped.

I know right. Before the season started, I had such a long wishlist which I never thought would be done by Masha, but here we are and she has almost done everything!

killerqueen
Sep 9th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Hmm, what do I want for the rest of the year...

* Another title. I don't mind where. :)
* Nice run at the YEC. Getting out of the group would be nice after last year's disaster!
* Purchase a ticket to Warsaw, and gift it to a certain someone.

jameshazza
Sep 9th, 2012, 08:44 PM
If I have to wait until 2013 for revenge... :sobbing:

AniaSharapova
Sep 10th, 2012, 09:48 AM
I wish for title in Asia, Beijing would be great!
Also wanna see her in final at the YEC;)

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 10th, 2012, 11:40 AM
I want her to win Beijing :shrug:. It's an irrelevant title but there are lost of points for the grabs :lol:.

And win the YEC.

os400
Sep 10th, 2012, 01:48 PM
i just want her to be happy with life, off course tennis is her life and love but she need a husband that understands her and support her..

killerqueen
Sep 10th, 2012, 09:27 PM
I want her to win Beijing :shrug:. It's an irrelevant title but there are lost of points for the grabs :lol:.

And win the YEC.

I'd like her to win Beijing, just to see how certain posters react to Maria winning the "fifth slam". :lol:

Julian.
Sep 11th, 2012, 01:59 AM

She kinda did it :awww:

The serve should be further worked on though.

jameshazza
Sep 11th, 2012, 02:03 AM
Is it too early for a 2013 thread?

NashaMasha
Sep 11th, 2012, 02:09 AM
* beat Pushrenka anywhere
* YEC title

Shivank17
Sep 11th, 2012, 02:11 AM
I was thinking about making it after the YEC! After we have completely assesed how Maria has done when compared to expectations!

Besides, we wont have anything to post about during the off season so!

shaktincredible
Sep 11th, 2012, 10:51 AM
Demolish Radwanska
Win Beijing
Year end #1

:inlove:

Shivank17
Sep 11th, 2012, 10:54 AM
A lot of you including me want Maria to win Beijing. :lol: Do it gurl! :cheer:

shaktincredible
Sep 11th, 2012, 11:01 AM
of course i want to see her winning Tokyo and YEC as well but she's already won that tournament

so i prefer Beijing (she never reach QF in that tournament, am i correct?) :p

Shivank17
Sep 11th, 2012, 11:04 AM
^ Semifinalist in 04 and 05, but then it was a 32 player draw, and Maria had R1 bye. :lol:

That's why I want her to win here, one of the few tourneys she hasn't won and her W/L record here is 6-4. :tape: Though I wouldn't mind if she just wins the YEC. :angel:

shaktincredible
Sep 11th, 2012, 11:10 AM
^ 04 and 05 not in premiere/tier 1 level right?

yeah the last time she played in Beijing she lost to Vesnina in 2R.. very embarassing :tape:

hope this year she will do much better :cool:

Shivank17
Sep 11th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Think it was a premier, Tier II I guess, cause the prize money was 585,000$ then! ;)

Her play at Tokyo and Beijing in 2010 was :help: But I am much more confident about her chances this year. Just stay healthy, Maria!

maashafan
Sep 11th, 2012, 11:22 AM
a long n lengthy SWIMSUIT PHOTOSHOOT...........wid loads of pics n vids:):)

os400
Sep 13th, 2012, 02:45 AM
Anyone know how much maria travels in a year (air mileage) ?

I wonder if the constant plane travel influence her ? i mean the cosmic radiation she received due to her constant air travel.. even airline pilots got some kind of system to avoid taking in too much cosmic radiation incurred when flying at high altitude with modern jets

claypova
Sep 13th, 2012, 03:04 AM
Think it was a premier, Tier II I guess, cause the prize money was 585,000$ then! ;)

Her play at Tokyo and Beijing in 2010 was :help: But I am much more confident about her chances this year. Just stay healthy, Maria!

WE DO NOT SPEAK OF THOSE TIMES. :sobbing:

Shivank17
Oct 30th, 2012, 06:07 AM

2.Beat Kvitova :fiery: , Na :sobbing: , bagel Sammy :ras: , beat Kim,Caro and Serena. :angel:
5.Qualify for the YEC.

1. Done.
2. Defeated all of them and bageled Sammy too.
3. Never mind :lol:
4. Wimbledon :ras: but its okay.
5. Done
6. Miami :tears: would have done that too
7. Still lose against Vika, but better.
8. Done, almost.

Shafanovic.
Oct 30th, 2012, 06:52 AM
Win a Grandslam or make semis in at least 3 of the grandslams.

Beat Serena, Sam, Na, Petra, Caro, Vika, Aga. (Choose at least 4 of them)

Win IW or Miami, or both.

Win a title to make it 10 years in a row with at least 1 title.

Stay in top 5, or better yet, top 3

Done BOTH :cheer:

Exceeded my expectations

... almost. :sobbing:

DONE

DONE

:cheer: bring on 2013 :D

shaktincredible
Nov 8th, 2012, 02:48 PM
win more GS.

win olympic gold medal.

win miami.

done.

done. :worship:

silver is okay. save the gold for Rio 2016

ALMOST :fiery:

ALMOST :sad:

overall, i'm happy with her 2012 result.