PDA

View Full Version : dear capriati haters!

banana
Nov 11th, 2002, 06:51 AM
hey juss thought that i should ask that after the rena-j-cap match 2day does every1 still hate jen? or have they found a new respect 4 her?

Simplify
Nov 11th, 2002, 06:54 AM
Why a "new" respect?:confused:

BasicTennis
Nov 11th, 2002, 06:54 AM
this is a banana question.:o

Dawn Marie
Nov 11th, 2002, 07:06 AM
I don't hate any player, and always state that a player I don't care for has talent. unlike alot of V@S haters.

[Admin edit]

Tratree
Nov 11th, 2002, 07:09 AM
Please share with us your infinite knowledge of the "kid" taking dope to help her play? Do you have any evidence to this matter or are you talking out of alternate body parts again?

Crazy Canuck
Nov 11th, 2002, 07:13 AM
Tratree - Dawn frequently makes these accusations about Jenn. And you know, it's "her just opinion", which she is entitled to.

BUT, if you make this comment about the unbelievabley ripped Serena, notice who is the first to call "racist" ;) ;)

In other words - trying to rationalize the words of the irrational is a lost cause.

irma
Nov 11th, 2002, 07:15 AM
well this was probarly one of her best matches of the year, I have to give her credit for that, after losing 6:1 6:1 at the last tournament. it shows that she has mentallity

Tratree
Nov 11th, 2002, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the clarification, Rebecca :)

It's so funny, these pre-conceived notions and "opinions" people get of someone they've never met or maybe even seen in person. I saw Jennifer up close the last few days and she is looking extremely fit again. She's happy, she's confident and I'm certain she will come back in 2003 with a renewed spirit. People say she is doing drugs because her eyes are red. Hello....she's having surgery next week because of a condition that makes her eyes irritated and affects her vision. I noticed this weekend that when she hits the ball, she then squints to see if the ball was good or not. She does this constantly during the match. I'm not saying she's losing because of her vision problems, but heck, it sure could contribute to the last few months of problems. She's accused of being on drugs because she's cranky and she cusses sometimes on court, yet today Serena tossed her racket no less than three times and very audibly said "SHIT!" when she doulble-faulted. She was also very demeaning to the linesperson who kept calling her foot faults (and they WERE foot faults). I'm not saying this is horrible about Serena, she's human like anyone else. Heck, I'd be saying that and worse, but when Jennifer does it, Lawd help us, she's on drugs. Now she's "faster" so she's on drugs. Okay, your opinion. My opinion, you're wrong.

LeonHart
Nov 11th, 2002, 07:50 AM
Props to Tratree, even if u don't respect Cappy, at least respect her game of tennis. Its understandable that u may dislike a player because of her past, but saying she takes drugs to compete is a different story. She fought just as hard as Serena did and hung in there in every game of the match. I give Jen TONS of respect(even tho im not her fan) for showing everyone that they're wrong, and she can still compete with the number 1 player in the world. (people doubting she could score 1 point in a set).

BasicTennis
Nov 11th, 2002, 08:25 AM
Respect is a natural reaction and not need to be asked. If Jenny continues this kind of attitude then she will earn more respect.

Greenout
Nov 11th, 2002, 09:16 AM
ROTF!!

Come on- oh.."we respect her now". Yeah, right.
Who are you fooling? I like Jen alot; when the
chips are down, when she's dancing in nightclubs
in the wee hours, when she loses to Conchita.

For the doomsday brigade it's........
If she loses to a Williams or Monica it's ok not to
hate her. When Jen wins; she doesn't deserve it.
If she wins a grand slam- it was a miracle. When
she doesn't show up she's obviously stoned out
of her mind.

lol.

Give it a break folks- JEN IS HERE TO STAY. Well...
at least for now- in the top 5, and contending for
major events so deal with it. :)

Enuff with the backhanded compliments, and
cheap shot slurs.

BasicTennis
Nov 11th, 2002, 09:27 AM
who even cares if you like her or not.:p

mn73
Nov 11th, 2002, 10:09 AM
Dawn Marie - why don't you write a newspaper column accusing Jennifer of drug taking and then she can sue your sorry arse!

the_ancyent_m
Nov 11th, 2002, 10:35 AM
Sorry, Mark, but our dear Dawnie is afraid of voicing such serious allegations publically. In the real world outside cyber space, as some of us know, there is a great need for being careful with words!

hingis-seles
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:33 AM
I have never liked Jen and I never will. Has nothing to do with her game. I don't have any new-found "respect" for her and I never will.

Dawn, your comments about Jennifer "being on drugs" are irresponsible, immature and in extremely poor taste. The chances of Jennifer being on drugs are the same as they are for Venus and Serena.

-Sonic-
Nov 11th, 2002, 12:27 PM
As one of the people who don't like Jen a lot, I was actually surprised when I was enjoying watching her play Maggie the other day... as i hadn't seen jen play since the US Open (got the indoor tournaments on tape, not watched yet) i was actually surprised that i was glad to see her and her style of play. Actually it scared me a little. Maybe theres hope for me yet that i could become a fan.

Volcana
Nov 11th, 2002, 12:47 PM
banana - Of course there will be little new respect for Jenn. People's comments aren't based the ability of the players. Monica played a great QF vs Venus, and justly recieved plaudits. Jenn played even better vs Serena, and VERY little in the way of accolades came her way. I'm not even a fan of Jenn's, but I know good tennis when I see it.

Dawn - Speaking as a Venus fan, I rememebr all too well all the baseless accusations that Venus and/ort Serena took performance enhancing drugs. And I seem to rememebr YOU pritesting how unfair those baseless accusations were. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe you thought the accusations against Venus and Serena were fail and just.

But any way you slice it, you're now doing EXACTLY what I thought was so unfair, so slanderous, so completely motivated by hate when it was aimed at Venus and Serena. YOu're doing EXACTLY the same thing.

So, were they right in accusing Venus and Serena then? Or are you wrong now?

Lola
Nov 11th, 2002, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by irma
well this was probarly one of her best matches of the year, I have to give her credit for that, after losing 6:1 6:1 at the last tournament. it shows that she has mentallity
I agree with you.
this was Jen's 2nd best match of the year. the best one was the Aus open final ;)
:wavey:

Weevee
Nov 11th, 2002, 01:02 PM
How could anybody ever accuse Jenn of taking drugs? Jenn and drugs could never go together.
Serena and drugs! Now that is much more plausible!
I disagree with Dawn but she says quite clearly her opinions are her own.

Dirty Sanchez
Nov 11th, 2002, 03:58 PM
Saying Jenn has taken drugs recently is just a pathetic excuse for why Serena lost the first set!

Basically, in the first set Capriati was better than Serena! SHOCK SHOCK HORROR HORROR. It can happen y'know.

In the second and third set Serena was the better player and she showed why she's the best player in the WTA at the minute but you don't here Capriati fans shouting she's on dope do you??.

Volcana
Nov 11th, 2002, 04:15 PM
Clijsters Fan - Be patient. I'm sure we'll hear more from Dawn Marie on this topic. She wasn't at all happy when people were accusing Venus and Serena of taking drugs. I'm sure seeing that same behaviour in herself might be cause for introspection.

BTW - Serena doesn't need an excuse to lose a set to Jenn. Lord knows she lost enough of them. When they asked Serena why she'd won, her replay was "I don't know. She just hit a ball out in the end. That was it."

Re drugs - We HAVE heard people saying Serena was on drugs. In fact, wasn't it RG this year when some French official was raving about the need for testing because players bodies were 'unnatural'. I beleive after Amelie lost?

In the Olympics, they test two of the three medalists in each event. If tennis had testing, the top 50 should be tested more. And the top 20 more than that. And the winner of each tournament, if they haven't been testing in the last three weeks or so. Would that mean Venus and Serena got tested more? Sure. But only as long as they keep winning the most. After that, Hantuchova or Sharapova or someone can pee in a cup every three weeks.

Serendy Willick
Nov 11th, 2002, 04:23 PM
I respect her skills on the court, thats about it. I dont respect her as a person and I could care less if she wins or not, just like othe people do with Venus and Serena.

Serendy Willick
Nov 11th, 2002, 05:42 PM
BTW, that was not a diss to Jenny's game, she brought the skills yesterday and played fantastic.