PDA

View Full Version : Fed Cup Final - Kiri is on the team!

cosmoose
Oct 26th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Your eyes are not deceiving you. :lol:
Finally! Maria is on the Russian fed cup team. :bounce:

GoMasha23
Oct 26th, 2011, 03:44 PM
wooo! this is great news! I assume she is there for the dubs.

NYKiriFan
Oct 26th, 2011, 04:24 PM
http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/articles/team-nominations-announced-for-final.aspx

One of Tarpischev’s biggest decisions will be who to pick alongside Zvonareva in the second singles position, whether to go for the experience of Kuznetsova, ranked No. 19, or the youth of Pavlyuchenkova, ranked No. 15. Kuznetsova, a two-time Grand Slam champion, is the more established of the pair, but Pavlyuchenkova is an exciting young player and has remained unbeaten in Fed Cup play this season. The Russian captain will also need to decide which two players to put together for what could be a crucial fifth rubber on Sunday. The most likely duo would be Kuznetsova and Pavlyuchenkova, who successfully teamed up in the first round earlier this year.

But will we get to see her play? Kiri's had a much better hard court season than Kuznetsova. I don't think it's close.

Celeborn
Oct 26th, 2011, 04:34 PM
Great news :D. I hoped for it but didn't really believe it will happen. I guess she is there for doubles, which could actually be the crucial match in this tie.

kirivanovic
Oct 26th, 2011, 05:38 PM
I don't think that she'll play singles but doubles if necessary, why not?:)

Protoss
Oct 27th, 2011, 12:28 AM
Congrats Maria!! :) This a pleasant surprise. :)

Hopefully she gets to play.

Does she need to play again next year to be eligible for the Olympics?

Remix13
Oct 27th, 2011, 07:27 AM
Great news :)

Hopefully she could play doubles :angel:

Tweety Snape
Oct 30th, 2011, 08:06 PM
Awesome! This is great news. :)

ezone
Nov 2nd, 2011, 05:36 AM
She deserves it !!!

Remix13
Nov 4th, 2011, 08:49 AM
I just read Bepa withdrawn due to shoulder injury. Not a good news for Russia...

Sergius
Nov 4th, 2011, 09:40 AM
Maria is announced to play both singles matches, Pavs and Lena V will play doubles

Nikkiri
Nov 4th, 2011, 10:15 AM
Maria is obviously not expected to beat Petra.. so well just go out there give it a good shot and good luck. :cheer: Russia are going to struggle anyways without Vera.

Protoss
Nov 4th, 2011, 10:33 AM
Maria is obviously not expected to beat Petra.. so well just go out there give it a good shot and good luck. :cheer: Russia are going to struggle anyways without Vera.
I think Russia's potential path to victory is beating Safarova twice and winning the doubles.

Why isn't Maria playing doubles? She has the highest doubles ranking of the Russians.

Nikkiri
Nov 4th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Well I have a feeling Pavs could play Safarova and Kiri will play the doubles.

kirivanovic
Nov 4th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Yeah i think so too, they must think that they'll lose both matches against Kvitova, so they'll make Pavs rest for sunday's match against Safarova. Maria beat twice Kvitova in 2009 but the czech improved a bit since then. If there is a decisive double, Maria will be in the team maybe with Sveta or Lena:)

Remix13
Nov 4th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Maria :cheer:

I wonder how she will deal with Kvitova, hopefully it won't be a butchery... If Maria wins, it would be such an incredible feat though :hearts:

The idea of keeping Nastya fresh for Sunday and maybe Kiri for doubles sounds interesting. Anyway Sveta has to beat Lucie tomorrow ;)

Davai !!

MK Ultra
Nov 4th, 2011, 01:11 PM
Keeping Kiri for doubles on sunday would be smart. Davai!:cheer:

Caralenko
Nov 4th, 2011, 01:41 PM
Kiri prayer circle.

GoMasha23
Nov 4th, 2011, 07:42 PM
here is an interview about the upcoming match. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBh8o3J0kHg

Protoss
Nov 5th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Good luck Maria and the rest of the Russian team. :)

kirivanovic
Nov 5th, 2011, 11:21 AM
If she can return the bombs, she can win:help:

Protoss
Nov 5th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Kvitova holds for 2-2 1st set.

Protoss
Nov 5th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Maria broken for 2-5 1st set at Ad Kvitova from 0-30 to 40-30 to 40-40 on a double fault. :( Fight Maria.

Protoss
Nov 5th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Kvitova holds for 6-2 1st set at 40-30 from 40-15 (df #2). :( Win it in 3 Maria. The match is 34 minutes long.

It seemed promising early on with Maria up 2-1 (on serve). Oh well.

Remix13
Nov 5th, 2011, 11:47 AM
She was playing nicely at the start of the match but now she seems a bit lost. Poor Maria :sad:

Fight in 2nd set !

shae lynn
Nov 5th, 2011, 12:21 PM
she just lost 6-2 6-2 in 1h09 :sad:

Nikkiri
Nov 5th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Well obviously. Petra is playing high quality tennis right now. I hope Maria doesn't feel too bad, I don't think theres many people who would have beaten Petra today. She went out there and tried.

kirivanovic
Nov 5th, 2011, 12:26 PM
Sveta has to win or it's over.

peterlein
Nov 5th, 2011, 12:29 PM
6:2-6:2 for Kvitova :sad:

Kiri tried her best, there were some close challenges in favor to kvitova on big points....but all in all kvitova was to strong today, she probably is the world's best player right now...

but her screams after EVERY point (even when the opponent does a unforced error) are so annoying! She must not do that, imho :rolleyes:

MK Ultra
Nov 5th, 2011, 12:47 PM
She needs to work on redirecting a lot. She just frames it most of the time. Hopefully her coach will help her in the off-season.

Remix13
Nov 5th, 2011, 12:51 PM
6:2-6:2 for Kvitova :sad:

Kiri tried her best, there were some close challenges in favor to kvitova on big points....but all in all kvitova was to strong today, she probably is the world's best player right now...

but her screams after EVERY point (even when the opponent does a unforced error) are so annoying! She must not do that, imho :rolleyes:

I totally agree with everything, Kvitova destroys everybody at the moment... And her screams destroys my ears :help:

Good luck Sveta, she has to win against Safarova to keep a bit of suspense (For once I won't cheer for Lucie :lol:)

Hopefully Maria is not too sad :sad:

peterlein
Nov 5th, 2011, 01:23 PM
I totally agree with everything, Kvitova destroys everybody at the moment... And her screams destroys my ears :help:

Good luck Sveta, she has to win against Safarova to keep a bit of suspense (For once I won't cheer for Lucie :lol:)

Hopefully Maria is not too sad :sad:

I don't think maria is sad, she knows that petra is in an excellent shape, so it isn't a shame to lose to her..
further, she served pretty well today. All the services she lost were quite close.. Maria can be confident for tomorrow, and I am too!!
go kiri :cheer:

...and sveta is doing very well right now, she is going to take the 1st set :bounce:

EDIT: kuznetsova beats safarova!! 6-2 and 6-3
RUSSIA - CZECH REPUBLIC 1:1

Nikkiri
Nov 5th, 2011, 05:03 PM
Pavs will be playing against Lucie. Hopefully she can get it done. Then obviously Kiri and Ves for doubles.

the cat
Nov 5th, 2011, 07:14 PM
she just lost 6-2 6-2 in 1h09 :sad:I was concerned that Petra Kvitova would be too much for Makiri and she was. :( Losing is one thing but only 4 games for Maria? :eek: Very dissapointing. Maria recently beat the U.S. Open champion Sam Stosur twice so she should not be getting only 4 games off Kvitova whom she had never lost to before. Especially playing at home.

Nikkiri
Nov 5th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Seriously? ...

kirivanovic
Nov 6th, 2011, 02:33 PM
It seems that Maria and Lena will play against Peschke and Hradecka

Protoss
Nov 6th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Maria's doubles match has begun, Hradecka serving. :)

Protoss
Nov 6th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Sigh. Vesnina broken for 4-6 1st set at 30-40 from 0-40. :( Win it in 3 Maria/Vesnina. The match is 49 minutes long.

Maria/Vesnina were up 4-2 1st set. :rolleyes:

Protoss
Nov 6th, 2011, 03:55 PM
Team Russia are such chokers...besides this match Kuznetsova led 3-0 3rd set and lot it 3-6. :rolleyes:

Celeborn
Nov 6th, 2011, 04:19 PM
They are loosing :(. Strange selection for doubles to be honest. Maria needs a good hitter on her side just as Vesnina. Not a good idea to put this two together.

Remix13
Nov 6th, 2011, 04:23 PM
The Czech are impressive...

kirivanovic
Nov 6th, 2011, 04:46 PM
:sad:

As you said, Sveta should have played with Maria or Lena cos they both lack of power and free points on serves. Don't know if it would have changed a lot as the czech were impressive

Nikkiri
Nov 6th, 2011, 04:54 PM
Gutted for the Russians esp Kiri. Lost both her matches :( wish she was given the chance to play Safarova.

Remix13
Nov 6th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Her loss against Kvitova was expected, indeed she could have won against Lucie, but Nastya did a great job so it's OK. I'm a bit disappointed about doubles, I tought Maria & Elena would really have their chance to win the final point for Russia. Anyway even if Masha/Lena could have done better, Peschke/Hradecka were awesome, they nearly missed nothing...

Russia & Masha :sad: :bigcry:

peterlein
Nov 6th, 2011, 05:13 PM
congrats to CZE! :worship:
they were to strong, thanks to an outstanding petra kvitova...

who knows what could have been with sharapova and/or zwonarewa on the team?

but still they had a great opportunity, maybe they shoud have named kiri/sveta for the doubles..

anyway, it's over now, and I am just so sad kiri lost both of her matches :sad:

now have a nice holiday maria, see you next season at the AO :bounce:

the cat
Nov 6th, 2011, 07:17 PM
I'm sad Makiri struggled in the 2011 Fed Cup final in her hometown of Moscow. :sad: She may never be on the Russian Fed Cup team again (but I hope she is) so this loss for Maria and Russia stings. Losing to Kvitova was expected. But Kirilenko was added to the team for the final to play doubles. Maria is the best doubles player of the 4 players that played in the final match to decide to 2011 Fed Cup and she came up small. She and Vesnina were up a break in the first set and lost it and then the match. Well done to the Czech's. The better team won. That said Makiri should have been paired with Nadia Petrova. They have played well together this year and their games compliment each other. No doubt Maria needs a power player by her side in doubles and Elena Vesnina does not offer that for Maria.

MK Ultra
Nov 6th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Maria was definitively very unlucky. All the players she faced won a grand-slam this year.
I got the feeling that after a few weeks without any matches, Maria was already really rusty. She was missing shots she wouldn't normally miss.

Celeborn
Nov 6th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Next time she should play an easier tie, for instance next year's 1st round against Spain. At best only as 3rd or 4th player, just to be part in a winning team and to gain some confidence regarding fed cup.

She still needs to play next year to be eligible for olympia. I hope she doesn't give fed cup up because of this tie. Kuznetsova played so well against Kvitova, she should have played doubles with either Kiri or Vesnina...

MK Ultra
Nov 6th, 2011, 08:05 PM
Only matches Kiri played in FedCup were against Clijsters, Clijsters and Henin, Kvitova and Peshke and Hradecka...
She shouldn't be sad.:hug:

Nikkiri
Nov 6th, 2011, 08:24 PM
Of course she will get another chance. Don't be stupid. She did her best that's all was ever asked of her. Her fed cup experience is minimal from only playing once to straight into a final. The other team are just stronger. They played an almost flawless doubles match. While ves and Kiri both have a lot of doubles talent they just don't play well together both needed a stronger partner. That's just the way it is. Have a great off season Kiri you deserve it. She said she's going to America and then she will train in Miami.

GoMasha23
Nov 7th, 2011, 01:13 AM
Its sad that Kiri lost the dubs match. This was not a good way to end the season. Hopefully this will fire Kiri up for next year.

HowardH
Nov 7th, 2011, 01:49 PM
Kiri :sad: :hug:. Both she and Vesnina are very good doubles players. But the opposition was also very strong.

It's probably true that both girls need a powerful partner to compliment their games as well. Nadia would have been a good choice of partner for either of them if she had been available, but she was playing in Bali.

the cat
Nov 7th, 2011, 02:38 PM
Only matches Kiri played in FedCup were against Clijsters, Clijsters and Henin, Kvitova and Peshke and Hradecka...
She shouldn't be sad.:hug:
Good point. Makiri was put in a very tough spot in her Fed Cup ties against Belgium and the Czech Republic. I would like to Maria play a Fed Cup tie next year where she can be matched up against a lesser player instead of a great player who can dominate her.

cosmoose
Nov 7th, 2011, 03:38 PM
My rant against Russian Tennis Fed. & Shamil Tarpischev

First, I would like to congratulate the Czech fed cup team on their well deserved victory. Petra has had a fantastic year befitting world #1. Kveta and Lucie Hradecka were grand slam doubles winners. And while Lucie Safarova struggled this past weekend, her crucial wins in singles against Belgium and Slovakia made all this possible. Congratulations!

That being said, I have a major issue with the Russian tennis federation and its coach Shamil Tarpischev. My problem is their treatment of Maria Kirilenko. Or more accurately, their shabby treatment of Maria Kirilenko while protecting their other players.

Mother Russia doesn’t like to lose and but when it does, someone has to be blamed. Of course, the clueless media will blame Maria because she lost twice. But that is so unfair because she was set up to fail!

Maria’s season was over after Luxembourg. She had shut down. Even wrote a personal message on her website indicating as much. There was even a candid photo of Maria and Elena Vesnina eating ice cream at some shopping mall photo booth. Then all of sudden, she is named to the Fed Cup team. Just days before the finals. Russia had already named Makarova as their 4th player. Makarova was not hurt. She was already in Moscow doing press. So why did all of sudden Russia pick Maria when she was obviously physically and mentally finished for the season?

Some people have said that the reason Maria hasn’t been picked by Tarpischev the last 5 years is because she didn’t really want to commit to fed cup. I guess now, we know that is not the truth. Even with severe lack of time for preparation and needing to refocus again mentally, Maria accepted the challenge. Little did Maria know that she was picked because they needed a scapegoat in case they lost to Czech Republic.

It is perverse to me how Tarpischev protects other Russian players at the expense of Maria. He plucked Maria away from the ice cream photo booth after 5 years absence in fed cup only to place her against the hottest player on the planet in Petra Kvitova. Maria was a sacrificial lamb! :(

Contrast that with their kid treatment of other players. Vera has a little “owie?” Ok, you can withdraw (so that Petra can’t spank you again!). Sveta lacks confidence? Ok, we’ll let you play against the weaker player first (Safarova) even though you were supposedly the team captain after Vera chickened out. We wouldn’t want Nastia’s young psyche to be damaged by Petra’s relentless onslaught….so you only face Safarova. We’ll let Kirilenko get slaughtered by Petra. Btw, isn’t the other “Maria” suppose to be Russian? WTF is her excuse for not being at the final? Please don’t even try to tell me that she is injured. We all know that was a fake injury so that she didn’t have to face the humiliation of going 0-3 at the YEC against Vika.

So Maria lost 2 and 2. WTF did you expect? :( But what bothers me more than that loss is that she was thrown into the deciding rubber and expected to the savior. Kiri was the only player that had to prepare both singles and doubles. While the Czech team had weeks of preparation time, Maria & Elena were thrown together at the last minute, last second, last nanosecond to become a winning fed cup finals doubles team. They had 1 match together this year which was a R1 loss at Rome. What made Tarpischev think that all of sudden Kiri and Ves will gel in an instant and defeat doubles slam winners in Hradecka and Peschke??? What little preparation time Kiri had, she had to split it between her singles and doubles. This is what I mean by being set up to fail. :(

Russian Fed and Tarpischev made sure that had Russia lost, their reputation would not be tarnished. Their players would still be considered top fed cup players and Tarpischev would still be considered genius coach. It was all because of Kirilenko that they lost. Kirilenko lost twice. She is the blame.

If I was Maria Kirilenko, I would never play for Tarpischev again. Fucking backstabber!

peterlein
Nov 7th, 2011, 04:54 PM

First, I would like to congratulate the Czech fed cup team on their well deserved victory. Petra has had a fantastic year befitting world #1. Kveta and Lucie Hradecka were grand slam doubles winners. And while Lucie Safarova struggled this past weekend, her crucial wins in singles against Belgium and Slovakia made all this possible. Congratulations!

That being said, I have a major issue with the Russian tennis federation and its coach Shamil Tarpischev. My problem is their treatment of Maria Kirilenko. Or more accurately, their shabby treatment of Maria Kirilenko while protecting their other players.

Mother Russia doesn’t like to lose and but when it does, someone has to be blamed. Of course, the clueless media will blame Maria because she lost twice. But that is so unfair because she was set up to fail!

Maria’s season was over after Luxembourg. She had shut down. Even wrote a personal message on her website indicating as much. There was even a candid photo of Maria and Elena Vesnina eating ice cream at some shopping mall photo booth. Then all of sudden, she is named to the Fed Cup team. Just days before the finals. Russia had already named Makarova as their 4th player. Makarova was not hurt. She was already in Moscow doing press. So why did all of sudden Russia pick Maria when she was obviously physically and mentally finished for the season?

Some people have said that the reason Maria hasn’t been picked by Tarpischev the last 5 years is because she didn’t really want to commit to fed cup. I guess now, we know that is not the truth. Even with severe lack of time for preparation and needing to refocus again mentally, Maria accepted the challenge. Little did Maria know that she was picked because they needed a scapegoat in case they lost to Czech Republic.

It is perverse to me how Tarpischev protects other Russian players at the expense of Maria. He plucked Maria away from the ice cream photo booth after 5 years absence in fed cup only to place her against the hottest player on the planet in Petra Kvitova. Maria was a sacrificial lamb! :(

Contrast that with their kid treatment of other players. Vera has a little “owie?” Ok, you can withdraw (so that Petra can’t spank you again!). Sveta lacks confidence? Ok, we’ll let you play against the weaker player first (Safarova) even though you were supposedly the team captain after Vera chickened out. We wouldn’t want Nastia’s young psyche to be damaged by Petra’s relentless onslaught….so you only face Safarova. We’ll let Kirilenko get slaughtered by Petra. Btw, isn’t the other “Maria” suppose to be Russian? WTF is her excuse for not being at the final? Please don’t even try to tell me that she is injured. We all know that was a fake injury so that she didn’t have to face the humiliation of going 0-3 at the YEC against Vika.

So Maria lost 2 and 2. WTF did you expect? :( But what bothers me more than that loss is that she was thrown into the deciding rubber and expected to the savior. Kiri was the only player that had to prepare both singles and doubles. While the Czech team had weeks of preparation time, Maria & Elena were thrown together at the last minute, last second, last nanosecond to become a winning fed cup finals doubles team. They had 1 match together this year which was a R1 loss at Rome. What made Tarpischev think that all of sudden Kiri and Ves will gel in an instant and defeat doubles slam winners in Hradecka and Peschke??? What little preparation time Kiri had, she had to split it between her singles and doubles. This is what I mean by being set up to fail. :(

Russian Fed and Tarpischev made sure that had Russia lost, their reputation would not be tarnished. Their players would still be considered top fed cup players and Tarpischev would still be considered genius coach. It was all because of Kirilenko that they lost. Kirilenko lost twice. She is the blame.

If I was Maria Kirilenko, I would never play for Tarpischev again. Fucking backstabber!

I do totally agree with you, great post!! :bigclap:
it should be presented to both tarpischev and russian tennis fed.!!!

but a question: didn't they put kirilenko, kvitova, kuznetsova and safarova in a draw to set the single matches? so that it could eventually also have been kiri vs. safarova already on day 1?
or was it the decision by tarpischev?

Celeborn
Nov 7th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Well, the doubles decision wasn't a clever one, other than that they didn't do too much wrong in my opinion. Kvitova was extremely good, Safarova relatively weak. I think the 2:2 score after singles was more or less inevitable regardless of the selection of players. Sure, Pavlyuchenkova and Kuznetsova could have played on both days both singles, but I doubt it would have made a difference.
I don't know if I'm correct, but I think Kuznetsova paired with either Kiri or Vesnina would have had a much better chance of winning the doubles.

I hope she will play next year again, first with only a small task in a team with strong players, as sort of a restart regarding fed cup. And than bigger things may come ;)

watchdogfish
Nov 7th, 2011, 08:50 PM
At least she's eligible for the Olympics now. They'd be crazy not to select her for doubles, she's one of Russia's best in that discipline.

cosmoose
Nov 7th, 2011, 09:41 PM
I do totally agree with you, great post!! :bigclap:
it should be presented to both tarpischev and russian tennis fed.!!!

but a question: didn't they put kirilenko, kvitova, kuznetsova and safarova in a draw to set the single matches? so that it could eventually also have been kiri vs. safarova already on day 1?
or was it the decision by tarpischev?

I could be wrong, but I thought one of the perks of hosting Fed Cup tie is that the home nation has the last change (hockey term). Meaning Czech team offers their player for the first rubber then Russia can respond with their own pick.

Protoss
Nov 8th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Oh well. :shrug:

Enjoy the offseason Maria. :)

Nikkiri
Nov 8th, 2011, 11:29 AM
I don't really agree with the negative response towards Shamil Tarpischev tbh. Kiri had never lost to Petra sure she was never expected to beat her but maybe somehow he thought Kiri could bother her. I don't think anyone is even blaming Kiri.. because the fact of the matter is she did everything she could. She was just beaten by 2 very strong opponents. Obviously Elena and Maria both being ranked in the top 10 in doubles he was always going to play them.. Sveta probably would have been better but i'm sure she was tired after her long match. And it all turned shit after Vera withdrew. Vera or Pavs or Sveta with Kiri in doubles would have been better too. Kiri was a good sport about it all and I know she will want to represent Russia again and if she keeps playing well she will get picked again because he always wants Russia's best team.

the cat
Nov 13th, 2011, 05:05 AM

If I was Maria Kirilenko, I would never play for Tarpischev again. Fucking backstabber!Interesting post. Is Makiri really being blamed for Russia's Fed Cup final loss at home loss to the Czech Republic? That's hard to believe. And it's certainly not fair. By the way it does seem like Makiri was a sacrificial lamb by her being thrown in a tthe last minute against Petra Kvitvoa who was unbeaten this year indoors heading into the Fed Cup final. Maria played okay against Petra but Petra was great and so powerful and hit with great depth. She was too much for Maria and I think she was a little annoyed at being asked why she was 0 - 2 against Maria in her career. So she pounded Makiri indoors as expected.

Masha should have been playing the deciding doubles point with Nadia Petrova her doubles partner for most of 2011. Petrova's game featuring alot of power and strong serve compliment Kirilenko's shot making finesse game much better than Elena Vesina's does. That cannot be denied. But Petrova wasn't on the Fed Cup final team. She was playing in Bali instead. :rolleyes: Maria Sharapova and her ankle injury and Vera Zonareva and her shoulder injury were not avauilable for the Fed Cup final either. Sure. ;) No doubt neither of them wanted any part of Kvitova indoors. :eek: Thus Makiri was sacrificed against Kvitova. :smash: Maria played pretty well but Petra was great and deserves all the credit for winning that match. There was very little Masha could do in her match against Kvitova. But Maria did not play well in the decisive doubles point and that was sad to see. :sad: She and Vesnina just didn't have it and the Czech's did. But Makiri should not be the Russian scapegoat. If Svetlana Kuzetsova closes out her 3 - 0 third set lead against Kvitova Russia would have won the 2011 Fed Cup. But she didn't and the Russians ended up losing. But Makiri does not deserve to be the scapegoat. No one does. It was a very close Tie and the Czech's pulled it out in the end.

Remix13
Apr 11th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Apparently Maria is in the team for SF against Serbia. Other players are Kuznetsova, Pavlyuchenkova and Vesnina. Our glorious Kiri and 3 slumping players, poor Mother Russia :help:

Well Kuznetsova and Pavly seem to play better when in Fed cup so why not... Good luck Maria.

Rovegun
Apr 14th, 2012, 09:12 PM
happy to see Maria back in the team... she deserves to be there I wonder if she is no. 1 or 2 for the upcoming weekend....

GoMasha23
Apr 15th, 2012, 04:38 AM
If she plays singles I think she has to be the #1 as she has the highest singles ranking on the team.

GoMasha23
Apr 19th, 2012, 08:55 PM
here is an interview about playing fed cup this weekend.

http://www.fedcup.com/en/news/audio/kirilenko-looks-ahead-to-tough-match-against-serbia.aspx

Remix13
Apr 20th, 2012, 12:29 PM
If she plays singles I think she has to be the #1 as she has the highest singles ranking on the team.

R1: PAVLYUCHENKOVA vs.JANKOVIC
R2: KUZNETSOVA vs. IVANOVIC
R3: PAVLYUCHENKOVA vs. IVANOVIC
R4: KUZNETSOVA vs. JANKOVIC
R5: KIRILENKO/VESNINA vs. JOVANOVSKI/KRUNIC

No Kiri in singles :sad:

Remix13
Apr 20th, 2012, 12:33 PM
Someone knows why Vesnina is in the team and not Petrova, it would be more logical for doubles...

Russian team is such a mess :rolleyes:

MH0861
Apr 20th, 2012, 01:42 PM
R1: PAVLYUCHENKOVA vs.JANKOVIC
R2: KUZNETSOVA vs. IVANOVIC
R3: PAVLYUCHENKOVA vs. IVANOVIC
R4: KUZNETSOVA vs. JANKOVIC
R5: KIRILENKO/VESNINA vs. JOVANOVSKI/KRUNIC

No Kiri in singles :sad:

This is so stupid :o

I think even JJ would beat Pavs :sobbing: And if they sub Kiri in for Pavs on Day 2 she'd have to play Ivanovic :o

Celeborn
Apr 20th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Ohoh, I'm not expecting much tbh. 0:2 after Saturday? Maybe Kiri can turn it around on Sunday, singles against Ivanovic plus doubles :hearts:

Protoss
Apr 21st, 2012, 06:40 AM
Good luck in Fed Cup Maria. :)

Celeborn
Apr 22nd, 2012, 12:52 PM
She didn't even play against Ivanovic... I mean, nothing against Pavlyuchenkova, she did her best, but Kiri's season is so much better :rolleyes:. I just hope she doesn't have to play a deciding doubles with Vesnina again. If it is really going to stand 2:2, it absolutely has to be either Kuznetsova/Vesnina or Kuz/Kiri imho.

Remix13
Apr 22nd, 2012, 04:29 PM
OK Tarpishev :facepalm:

Natash.
Apr 22nd, 2012, 04:43 PM
What the hell is going on there? :lol: :help:

kirivanovic
Apr 22nd, 2012, 06:02 PM
Tarpischev:worship:

the cat
Apr 23rd, 2012, 02:59 AM
What a wasted Fed Cup trip for Makiri and Russia. :( Getting beaten at home in the final by Petra Kvitivoa and the Czech's is for the most part acceptible. But being beaten at home by a Jelena Jankovic led Serbian team is beyond belief because Jankovic seems to be nearly done as a good player yet she won both her singles matches. :rolleyes: You can't make this up. :mad:

Protoss
Apr 23rd, 2012, 05:51 AM
What a wasted Fed Cup trip for Makiri and Russia. :( Getting beaten at home in the final by Petra Kvitova and the Czech's is for the most part acceptible. But being beaten at home by a Jelena Jankovic led Serbian team is beyond belief because Jankovic seems to be nearly done as a good player yet she won both her singles matches. :rolleyes: You can't make this up. :mad:
Well it wasn't a complete waste for Maria as I believe she needed this Fed Cup tie to be eligible for the Olympics. :)

killercars
Apr 23rd, 2012, 07:00 AM
sounds like Maria injured her leg during practice which is why she didn't play on Sunday. Not good. Supposedly, she needs about 10 days to recover.

the cat
Apr 24th, 2012, 04:44 AM
sounds like Maria injured her leg during practice which is why she didn't play on Sunday. Not good. Supposedly, she needs about 10 days to recover.That is bad news. Maria had just made the top 20 again and she is having a good season thus far. She does not need another leg inury. Makiri has played so much tennis the past 10 years or so I wonder how her slender legs can hold up for a few more years of punishment. I know Kiri works hard and has added some muscle and slightly stronger legs than she used to have but if she can't run well she can't win so it's vital her legs are healthy.

Yes Protoss I suppose Maria is eligible to be on the Russian Olympic team now. I just can't believe team Russia got owned by Jelena Jankovic the way they did. :eek:

Remix13
Apr 24th, 2012, 07:57 AM
That injury could indeed explain why she didn't play instead of Pavly. Bad news :sad:

It's just crazy how she's injured as soon as she's playing well :help:

She's resting this week so we'll see in Estoril :angel: