PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me how in the hell did Jennifer....

Shane54
Nov 11th, 2002, 01:15 AM
Lose to Conchita 6-0, 6-3. Jenn must have absolutely played a "HORRENDOUS" match. Even though she lost today I kept thinking how in the hell did this Jennfer lose to Stevenson 1 and 1 and Conchi? Especially, Conchi it's not like she is Venus, Serena or Lindsay.

Good match today Rena and Jenn!
Good the see the "real" Jenn out there.....

xan
Nov 11th, 2002, 01:25 AM
I didn't see the Conchi match, but Stevenson served an awesome match from start to finish. She just didn't allow Jennifer a bite at her serve. If Serena had served lke that today, she might have had the same result.

baleineau
Nov 11th, 2002, 01:29 AM
Conchi played really well. She still has top-10 groundies. Just her movement is up and and down from day to day. It's called being 30.

No seriously, Jen looked a bit hopeless and Conchi kept her out with good tennis.

Conchi will be back in the top-20 again by Roland Garros.

Shane54
Nov 11th, 2002, 02:30 AM
Good point xan, but Stevenson didn't serve every game. Jennifer could have at least won some of her service games.

selesrules
Nov 11th, 2002, 02:34 AM
Conchita has a similar game then Mauresmo, she retrieves balls which drives Capriati crazy, she mixes up shots with slice and topspin, but she can also attack when necessary. Conchita has beaten Capriati many times before so it wasn't a huge surprise.

spencercarlos
Nov 11th, 2002, 02:52 AM
FOr someone to lose 6-0 6-3 to Conchita must have been in a horrendous, awful and stupid day :rolleyes: :o

vs1
Nov 11th, 2002, 06:24 AM
Yes, I was watching this match live (as well as Jenn vs. Maggie) and I thought to myself, "HUH?! How did she lose to Conchita with such scores?!" And then to hang in there with Serena to the end?! It's puzzling. Maybe it's also motivation. This is the season ending championships. It means a lot to the players...points, money, title. Maybe the match with Conchita didn't mean as much to Jenn. I don't know. It's puzzling.

BasicTennis
Nov 11th, 2002, 07:40 AM
her defeats against Conchita & Alex are on the first round (2nd round 'coz she has bye), so JenCap's confidence isn't there yet especially that she didn't have a good indoors record. One thing more, Conchita has the game that everyone generally hates (certainly hard to find a good rythym against her). For Alex case, she has been kicking her ass for how many times already so JenCap's mindset is very low at that moment.:o Certainly, Conchita & Alex played superb tennis against JenCap.

Reaching the semis has in a way boosted Jenny's confidence, thus the good showing she had with Serena.

tennisIlove09
Nov 11th, 2002, 07:58 AM
Another question: How did Jen win the first set against Serena 6-2; hitting TWO winners?

Williams Rulez
Nov 11th, 2002, 08:32 AM
Well, Serena made like 53 unforced errors...

per4ever
Nov 11th, 2002, 08:38 AM
don't you think it's just a lack of motivation for the smaller tourni's?

mn73
Nov 11th, 2002, 09:08 AM
The honest answer from a Jen fan is that she did play horrendous tennis. She looked like she was just going through the motions, there was no determination and no interest almost in the match. Glad to see her back at her fired up best against Serena.

Shane54
Nov 16th, 2002, 05:45 AM
YADDA, YADDA, YADDA...Yes seems like Serena always has UE with Jenn. Could it be b/c Jenn makes her hit that extra shot? We have been hearing that for how many of their matches now? Rena has a very high risk game.....

BasicTennis
Nov 16th, 2002, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Shane54
YADDA, YADDA, YADDA...Yes seems like Serena always has UE with Jenn. Could it be b/c Jenn makes her hit that extra shot? We have been hearing that for how many of their matches now? Rena has a very high risk game.....

the fact remains the Jenny lost 7 times in a row now on the same situation.hehehe

ColinB
Nov 16th, 2002, 06:55 AM
Jen played a very smart game against Serena - she didnt go for too much and played conservatively for a change, trying to force Serena into errors - and it worked for a while...
I def think the other losses were a motivation thing - Jen never likes playing the European Indoor Season - but the WTA make her play there, but she can really get up for the Champs. Ithink we'll see jen really fired up for Oz...

Shane54
Nov 16th, 2002, 07:17 AM
Heeheee, I know she lost 7 times. If you would learn how to read you would see that is not the point I was trying to make heeheheh
Congrats Kim Clijsters!!(heeheheheee)
Americans for Kim Clijsters!

BasicTennis
Nov 16th, 2002, 07:42 AM
Heeheee, I know she lost 7 times. If you would learn how to read you would see that is not the point I was trying to make heeheheh
Congrats Kim Clijsters!!(heeheheheee)
Americans for Kim Clijsters!

you sound like a sore loser like your idol.:p:D

Shane54
Nov 16th, 2002, 07:47 AM
LMAO!

callado
Nov 16th, 2002, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by ColinB
Jen played a very smart game against Serena - she didnt go for too much and played conservatively for a change, trying to force Serena into errors - and it worked for a while...
I def think the other losses were a motivation thing - Jen never likes playing the European Indoor Season - but the WTA make her play there, but she can really get up for the Champs. Ithink we'll see jen really fired up for Oz...

The WTA makes her play there??? :rolleyes:

Capriati, her fans, and the media seem to have nothing but excuses when she loses which is all the time lately. My favorite is when they say "she's just saving her energy for the slams." Well what happened to all of that stored up energy at the French, Wimbledon, and the US Open, or is the Aus open the only slam that matters to her? :rolleyes: or maybe the Aus open is the only slam where she had the good fortune of the REAL contenders getting injured before or during the tourni and the others having the choke of their life? I think most objective people would choose the latter....

Capriati obviously isn't even half the player many people think and want her to be....

BasicTennis
Nov 16th, 2002, 08:02 AM
LMAO!

Shane on you.hehehe:D

Shane54
Nov 16th, 2002, 11:51 AM
This is fun....(heeeheee)...you're it!