PDA

View Full Version : Net cord points favoring the willies?

bigbud1
Nov 11th, 2002, 12:25 AM
Was the net cord rigged to yield points only to the william sisters.
Pam Schriver hinted that it might be possible. Is she demented, or what?

harloo
Nov 11th, 2002, 12:28 AM
Someone please tell me that Pam Shriver didn't say that!

How stupid of her.

Jericho
Nov 11th, 2002, 12:28 AM
anything to discredit the williams...i wouldnt be surprised if they started acusing the sisters of witchcraft...

o0O0o
Nov 11th, 2002, 12:33 AM
Not suprisingly, the Pack believes anything a fellow member says, and not suprisingly, the Pack is wrong. Shriver didn't say anything about the nets being rigged for the Williams sisters. She just said that an interesting tournament sub-plot is how many lucky net-cords the sisters are getting on the big points. And there is no doubt of the truth to that statement.

brickhousesupporter
Nov 11th, 2002, 12:38 AM
What o0O0o said was correct. She did not say there was some conspiracy about the netcords. She said it was interesting how many netcords have gone the way of the Williams'

bigbud1
Nov 11th, 2002, 01:45 AM
She said that the net cord should be tightened, like at the Open. I,m thinking that whenever the willies play, the net should be extra tight, sort of like Tiger Woods forcing the PGA to lengthen the courses when he plays.

TSequoia01
Nov 11th, 2002, 01:53 AM
Not surprising to me. They hit with more topspin so the ball crawls over the net. :cool:

Brought It!
Nov 11th, 2002, 01:57 AM
That Net came off a Public Tennis Court in Compton.

IT SHOULD HAVE FAVORED THE WILLIAMS. and it did.

M2k
Nov 11th, 2002, 02:35 AM
though anyone noticed when Jen start beating the crap out of the poor net??? ;) The poor thing....:o

Oizo
Nov 11th, 2002, 02:48 AM
The net was Serena´s luck. :p Sad but true.

harloo
Nov 11th, 2002, 02:58 AM
lmao@bigbud. Very true. I think that's what ole Pammy meant. Make sure that net is extra tight when those Willies play, we don't wan't them having any extra advantages. ROTFLMAO!!! I guess the sisters have somewhat Tigerized women's tennis, she must feel like the other players need some type of extra advantage.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Freefall
Nov 11th, 2002, 03:07 AM
I thought it was pretty funny, I saw Venus hit it like 5 times & EVERY time it went her way LOL :) Serena hit it 3 or 4 times & all went her way except the very LAST one I saw. That one went cappy's way. So maybe the streak is over & who knows what will happen in the final. *srug*

It's funny though, even the NET has it's favorites LOL :p

BasicTennis
Nov 11th, 2002, 03:10 AM
The Williams hit the ball so hard that it gives extra spin to the ball to go over the net cord.

Playing Serena is like playing against two, a talented and lucky player....who can beat that.:p

Stupid Pam, she can't even win a singles GS title.:p

BigTennisFan
Nov 11th, 2002, 03:29 AM
and it certainly did seem that Serena was getting a lot of netcords to go her way. Same thing happened with Venus.
:)

Could it be that a certain individual who shall remain nameless really is controlling the net via his mysterious powers of mind control?:eek:

The plot thickens!:angel:

BasicTennis
Nov 11th, 2002, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by BigTennisFan
and it certainly did seem that Serena was getting a lot of netcords to go her way. Same thing happened with Venus.
:)

Could it be that a certain individual who shall remain nameless really is controlling the net via his mysterious powers of mind control?:eek:

The plot thickens!:angel:

you are now the primary suspect....usually, the real mccoys come forward to the crime scene.;):D

franny
Nov 11th, 2002, 04:04 AM
lol, yea i've beeen thinking wahts up wit hte netcord, but like, come on, they hit so freaking hard that the ball would juss zoom over, but i believe that had it not been for the net cords, venus would have lost to monica and serena would have at least lost the first set to jelena and would have lost to jennifer.

BasicTennis
Nov 11th, 2002, 05:30 AM
the Williams are good girls that's why even the best of luck is on their side.;)