PDA

View Full Version : OMG! Don't play KIM CLIJSTERS in a semi of the year-ending championship

treufreund
Nov 10th, 2002, 08:33 PM
Poor Venus. She was crying. I felt soo bad for her and she is not even someone I like. But I felt so sad for her and wish her all the best. Kim is so sweet and just said that she felt sorry for her.

I hope this injury is not too bad cuz the WTA is really hurting without Hingis and Kournikova. Not to mention that Jennifer has been struggling until this tourney, Mauresmo is injured too and the veteran Spanish players are almost retired. Even Lindsay is not rock solid anymore. What the hell is going on???
And Dokic tanks when she loses the first set. :sad:

TOO MANY HARDCOURT TOURNAMENTS!!!!!

Kim just picked Serena to win btw.

My CONDOLENCES TO VENUS FANS. It's times like these where I have to set aside my differences with you all and wish you the best. We Martina fans know what it's like. :sad:

E. Blackadder
Nov 10th, 2002, 08:44 PM
Kim curses everyone with bad injuries in a SF of the masters :eek:

treufreund
Nov 10th, 2002, 08:50 PM
I do think the injury came against MONICA but it seems like Kim is in the mix somehow. The first serious injury for Martina came against Lindsay in the SEMIS of Zurich. :sad:

Come-on-kim
Nov 10th, 2002, 08:53 PM
Too bad for Venus!!

But I am happy for Kim!!!

Ramses
Nov 10th, 2002, 08:54 PM
Horrible year to Venus Williams, none GS title, none Tier I, either the Tour Championships, and now an Injury, horrible year for venus.
Hope to see "ALL" the top players healthy the next year, Martina, Amélie, Lindsay, Venus, Chanda, and even Arantxa, Anna K, etc, the tournament needs all of them ALL, the Tour can't survive just with one player

adell
Nov 10th, 2002, 09:02 PM
Ramses, I don't see how you can call 3 grand slam finals and 7 titles a horrible year for any player. She had the second best record on the tour, if you call that horrible what about all the other players who didn't achieve nearly as much.

vutt
Nov 10th, 2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by treufreund
And Dokic tanks when she loses the first set. :sad:

When Dokic trays to play full match despite her injury it's tanking.
When Venus had to withdrew it's poor girl.
C'mon – double standards!!!
Sorry, I just had to comment that :(

Anyway I feel sad for Venus. I wanted Kim to win, but not that way. :sad:

Btw. From top 10 most had some sort of injuries this year.
Serena – Canada
Venus – LA
Jen – not sure
Monica – a lot
Henin – broken finger
Kim – shoulder
MoMo – not in LA
Jelena – a lot
Hingis – yeah...

XMan
Nov 10th, 2002, 09:45 PM
It could have been a good match and the last one of the year with live broadcasting that I could see (the final is at 4 o' clock in the morning here in Belgium) but it was already over after 13 minutes. It is sad for Venus, she could have taken the big title she lacked this season. I hope that her injury isn't too bad (it doesn't seem like that).
Although it was clear that Venus couldn't move fast enough which explains the 5-0 deficit, I have the impression that Kim is totally in "the zone". She won very easy against Chanda and Justine partly because of the inconsistent play of her both opponents but also because of the fact that Kim didn't give her opponents a chance to play their game. Kim likes the indoor tournaments and she likes to play against big competitors because it is only then that she plays her best game. She has a decent chance tomorrow no matter who she plays.

PhoenixStorm
Nov 10th, 2002, 11:14 PM
wow if venus' year was so horrible then everyone except jen must have had an evil year to end all years because venus won seven titles and made it to three finals of grandslams.

Mr. Man
Nov 10th, 2002, 11:28 PM
I feel so sorry for Vee! But i still Luv her! get Better Vee and come rockin in 2003 baby!!! http://websmileys.bei.t-online.de/em30.gif

Good Luck in the final Kim! :)

Nov 11th, 2002, 12:05 AM
I just got home from an exam and didn't see the match. What happened to Venus?

franny
Nov 11th, 2002, 04:01 AM
yea, this has been a crappy year for women's tennis, i mean, no offense to serena, its totally been her year and she's deserved it, but its so frustrating with all the injuries and the domination of serena, i mean, you can't even say that its the wiliams sisters dominating anymore, its all serena

Filip!
Nov 11th, 2002, 08:26 AM
Hey guys, I really want to say something... I don't like the subject from this topic "OMG! Don't play KIM CLIJSTERS in a semi of the year-ending championship"... It's not Kim's fault that Venus was injured when she came on the court, Kim did not wanted to win the match like this... But these things happen in tennis, so we don't have to say Kim is in the final because she had luck, also when Venus would not have been injured, Kim had her chances! We all saw she started great and made almost no unforced errors in the 5 first games!!! To be honest: I also wanted to see a real match, but things are things and none of the 2 players wanted something like this to happen...

I hope Venus will recover soon, because nobody deserves a year-ending like this! And I hope Kim can beat Serena tonight, but... I will be though... Com'on Kim !!!

sanstamtam
Nov 11th, 2002, 08:59 AM
Well said Kim-Juju!

BK4ever
Nov 11th, 2002, 06:10 PM
the post topic was a joke...gosh don't be over sensitive.

treufreund
Nov 11th, 2002, 06:33 PM
kim-juju

I just LOVE KIM!!!!! I was not suggesting that Kim was at fault. Like I said, VENUS was injured playing MONICA (not her fault either :rolleyes: ) and not KIM. Even Kim joked about how this has happened two years in a row.

ONLY AN IDIOT could actually think that it's kim's fault.

hingis-seles
Nov 11th, 2002, 11:58 PM
I do think the injury came against MONICA but it seems like Kim is in the mix somehow. The first serious injury for Martina came against Lindsay in the SEMIS of Zurich. :sad:

treufreund, being the HUGE Martina fan that I am, I'd just like to point out that the first serious injury for Martina came against Lindsay in the SEMIS of Filderstadt not Zurich. Infact, they've only played in Zurich once, with Martina winning the 2000 final. It was in the Filderstadt semis in 2001 that Martina injured herself at 2-1.

It's a weird coincidence about Kim's opponents being injured in the semis 2 years running. :eek:

Filip!
Nov 12th, 2002, 08:10 AM
kim-juju

I just LOVE KIM!!!!! I was not suggesting that Kim was at fault. Like I said, VENUS was injured playing MONICA (not her fault either :rolleyes: ) and not KIM. Even Kim joked about how this has happened two years in a row.

ONLY AN IDIOT could actually think that it's kim's fault.

Whoops, I only read the title & not really the messages :angel: I love her too, I knew she would come back after the difficult period for her in the middle of this year...

treufreund
Nov 12th, 2002, 08:27 AM
Yeah that was Filderstadt, hingis-seles, cuz I remember that Martina had to withdraw from Zurich in her home country. :sad:

No problem, KIM-JUJU. :)