PDA

View Full Version : I love the Willis

Serendy Willick
Nov 10th, 2002, 06:25 PM
But what is with this let me not practice at all to prepare for a big tournement crap? and then brag about it?:mad: :fiery: :mad: :fiery: I'm not liking this at all, if your not gonna practice and try, then youre running really thin. I Hate to say this but if Jennifer and Kim manage to win today, it was because they prepared and practiced:sad: :fiery: Somebody pulezze reassure me.:sad: :sad:

per4ever
Nov 10th, 2002, 06:26 PM
let's hope you're right

GO KIM AND JEN!!!

Freefall
Nov 10th, 2002, 06:31 PM
Serena's the one who said that right? Venus should be ok. Since my fav had no time to recover from Fed Cup, I hope Venus can win it now. Might make up a little bit for those GS's :sad:

Serendy Willick
Nov 10th, 2002, 06:35 PM
I dont think they both said it directly, but someone here said that Richard said on the best damn sports show period that they didnt do much at all to prepare for this championship, I mean come on you have a chance to make history and what you do to prepare for it is to sit around all day? NOT COOL:mad: :fiery: :mad: :fiery: :sad:

TSequoia01
Nov 10th, 2002, 06:42 PM
Richard made that statement on the TV show. Venus and Serena have not indicated this though. But knowing Serena's game I believe Richard was right. When have you ever seen Serena hit so many doublefaults. My guess is she's playing her way into the tourney. Serena is getting into it though. Maybe she felt the rest was more important than the practice. Lets hope she now is ready and the same with Venus. :cool:

kiwifan
Nov 10th, 2002, 06:50 PM
Your anger is kinda pathetic.

Yawn.

harloo
Nov 10th, 2002, 07:00 PM
Well, I know that Richard did say they didn't prepare for this tournament which was kind of dissapointing. Hopefully they will be fine in the semis. Also, both Venus and Serena did mention that they did not practice. I think they feel like they can win without alot of practice, but I think it would be so much easier if they prepared. Jen and Kim are tough opponents so I hope both sisters are ready to battle.

PhoenixStorm
Nov 10th, 2002, 07:12 PM
First of all should they lie and say they practiced if they did not? Second if they didn't feel practice on the court was that important maybe they did other things like mental preparation? Who knows what they do to get themselves ready. Everybody is different some need quiet some need practice some need match play it all depends on the individual.

slydevil6142
Nov 10th, 2002, 07:18 PM
Honestly i dont recall either sister ever really practicing all that much lol and if you saw mtv diary some time back venus showed up to practice something like 2.5 hours late .... i think they will be fine ... and Kim made the comment that she got extra practice time on the courts b/c the sisters didnt show up for their practice session

Serendy Willick
Nov 10th, 2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by PhoenixStorm
First of all should they lie and say they practiced if they did not? Second if they didn't feel practice on the court was that important maybe they did other things like mental preparation? Who knows what they do to get themselves ready. Everybody is different some need quiet some need practice some need match play it all depends on the individual.

You can have all of the mental toughness in the world, but if the shots arent there, they just arent there, and to obtain decent shotmaking what do you need to do? PRACTICE! No one person is so immortal that they can do without practice and blow people off the court.

PhoenixStorm
Nov 10th, 2002, 07:24 PM
why are u exaggerating? Not everyone is the same I am sure they have to practice but not everyone practices the same amount. Maybe some people need five hours a day or some others need ten or two or one, who knows.

My point is that I am sure they wouldnt come to a tournament if they didnt feel they were capable of winning it.

Serendy Willick
Nov 10th, 2002, 07:34 PM
I dont see how I'm exaggerating by saying that they should get out on the court more to work out the kinks. I'm not say they should eat, sleep, and practice tennis 24 hrs a day, but that they just couldve prepared a little bit better.