PDA

View Full Version : Meetings you're looking forward to for next year

selesrules
Nov 10th, 2002, 07:13 PM
What are the meetings you're looking forward to for next year?

Mine:

SELES vs HINGIS meetings.
I really believe that Seles will start to beat Martina in most of their matches and that she will start making the head-to-head more even. With Hingis' lost confidence, with Monica playing some great tennis like we saw this week with some wicked returns, and judging by their last meeting at the US Open, I think that Monica will finally gain the upper hand in the next few years. In the past Monica showed up most of the time very flat against Hingis as if she didn't believe she could win and played awful even spraying all sort of returns off of very weak 2nd serves. But I truly believe that the mental aspect has now become different and that when Monica steps today on the court with Hingis, she knows that the result & weapons are up to her and she has way more confidence. However it's uncertain that they will meet because we don't know what Martina will decide to do with her career. So I really hope Hingis comesback and that they meet!

SELES vs DAVENPORT meetings
Although Davenport will always be a tougher opponent for Monica to beat then Hingis because of her power and serve, I think that the win this week after saving 7 match points will give Monica a different attitude in their meetings and more confidence to go for her shots, it will also make Davenport more doubtful. I also think that Monica can now start making their head-to-head more even, but it will be tougher then with Hingis.

SELES vs CAPRIATI meetings
Whenever Capriati beats Seles, she has to play out of her mind and she does it in tough matches. I am positive that Monica will continue winning most of their matches like usual and I can't wait for the next match so that Monica can get her 10th win over her.

SELES vs SERENA meetings
They always have some incredible matches and they have had some very tough battles. It's a shame that they didn't meet this year and hopefully they will next year. They are the 2 best strikers of the ball in my opinion.

VENUS vs CAPRIATI meetings
Capriati has never beaten Venus and she will have a lot of pressure to do so. It would be interesting to see if Capriati can beat her or not, and how Capriati will handle that pressure to prove herself at least once.

Those are the meetings that I'm looking most foward to, what are yours.

Venus Forever
Nov 10th, 2002, 07:18 PM
Venus vs. Capriati
Venus vs. Serena [REVENGE]
Venus vs. Martina
Serena vs. Martina
Daniela vs. Martina
Monica vs. Lindsay
Monica vs. Martina

niratti
Nov 10th, 2002, 07:22 PM
Davenport VS Hingis

Jarrett
Nov 10th, 2002, 07:31 PM
Monica vs. Top 10
I really want to see Monica can stack up against the top ten. It seemed like she always hit Venus in a tournament. I was very happy with her last match against Venus and was a BIG improvement over the US Open. If her feet are 100% in Australia I wouldn't be surprised to see her in the final.

england_rules
Nov 10th, 2002, 07:32 PM
Hingis-Davenport
Hingis-Serena
Hingis-Capriati
Hingis-Venus
Hingis-Henin (finally)
Hingis-Momo
Venus-Capriati
Serena-Capriati

kiwifan
Nov 10th, 2002, 07:40 PM
Aussie Open: Venus v. Serena
French Open: Venus v. Serena
Wimby: Serena v. Venus
US Open: Serena v. Venus
Hollywood Open: Kiwifan v. Alyssa Milano!!!
Playboy Mansion Open: Kiwifan v. All Comers!!!

Monica against the rest of the Top 10 (not the top 2)

Chucky against everyone out of the Top 10 (she's starting all over in my eyes and has to regain the WTA's awe/respect because no one is scared of Chucky anymore).

kiwifan
May 14th, 2005, 05:26 AM
I guess this year (2005) its all about...

Serena v Sharapova :yeah:

Venus v everyone else for my "Chucky Reasons" above. :angel:

:shrug:

Well and maybe a couple of Sister Slam finals if its still possible. :angel:

Dunno, I guess I don't see many players as classic "matchups" anymore. :yawn:

Me is thinking "In Me Brain" that the game misses a dominant Queen Venus, Chucky, Kournie, Miss Manners (if you were here in 2002 you know who I'm talking about :devil: ) and Sweet Monica :sad:

fifiricci
May 14th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Following the resurgence of the Belgians, I think in 2005 the key match ups are between

Serena, Venus, Kim, Maria and Juju (if Serena and Venus can pull themselves together, that is). Any matches between these 5 SHOULD be relatively compulsive viewing.

I'm not disregarding the rest of the Russians (I have respect for all of them), I just dont think they can live with the Belgians and the W/S when they're playing well.