PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Istanbul YEC: Mashа Bey and Her Harem of Bitches

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Sp!ffy
Oct 27th, 2011, 02:00 AM
Hey guys, I just wanted to let you all know this is one of my last few posts on TF (at least for now). This place has just become unbearable for me and Maria's recent losses have just made everything worse. I just really need a break from all this nonsense, all it does is constantly put me in a worse mood and I already have a lot going on in my life right now. I love you guys, it really has been so much fun going nuts over our obsession with Maria in here. Thanks for the awesome times, I'll miss you all. If any of you want to keep in touch, add me on MSN (if anyone goes on MSN anymore :lol:) on craigster91@hotmail.com. I'll talk to you guys soon hopefully.

Oh, don't be so over-dramatic. :lol:

That being said, I have quite a few college apps that I need to work on due December 31. Looks like I'll be gone for a while too.

See you all in a few months. :wavey: Have a great off season Maria...you're always in our hearts. :sad:

Steven.
Oct 27th, 2011, 02:06 AM
Nooooooo Craigster! I'm gonna miss you. I felt like you were one of the cooler peeps around. :sobbing: But I know how you feel. I've been avoiding the entire tennisforum like a plague, even Siberian Siren and I feel like I'm going to continue with it too, unintentionally of course. Just can't bare to think of anything tennis related.

Anyway, Maria needs to stop the mother fucking choking. She's ruined 3 records in this tournament alone.
- no longer unbeaten by Stosur
- no longer has a career win % of >80% (which only 10 women have now).
- no longer SF as the earliest exit.

So angry at her. Fucking useless choker. She's turned into a full blown russian.

heelsrule1988
Oct 27th, 2011, 02:45 AM
...ignoring the typical whiners who aren't true Maria fans...

Very disappointing way to end the season... but apparently the ankle was still bothering her a bit, so we can't be too surprised. Still, she had a fantastic season. 2011 was all about Maria showing that she's not done just yet. Just as I was about to write her off and say that she would never be a top-level player again, she proves me wrong. Even better, she had some deep runs at Slams for the first time in ages. Sure, this season was inconsistent at times... but the overall results were very nice, and she's all the way up to #2. Who would have believed that a year ago? So bring on January and the start of a new season... here's hoping Maria can get back to #1! And maybe, just maybe, win another Slam. :)

cowsonice
Oct 27th, 2011, 02:46 AM
Hey guys, I just wanted to let you all know this is one of my last few posts on TF (at least for now). This place has just become unbearable for me and Maria's recent losses have just made everything worse. I just really need a break from all this nonsense, all it does is constantly put me in a worse mood and I already have a lot going on in my life right now. I love you guys, it really has been so much fun going nuts over our obsession with Maria in here. Thanks for the awesome times, I'll miss you all. If any of you want to keep in touch, add me on MSN (if anyone goes on MSN anymore :lol:) on craigster91@hotmail.com. I'll talk to you guys soon hopefully.

I shall remain optimistic. :bigcry:

Craig.
Oct 27th, 2011, 03:04 AM
Thanks a lot guys :hug: I'll probably be back for Australia!

...ignoring the typical whiners who aren't true Maria fans...

Very disappointing way to end the season... but apparently the ankle was still bothering her a bit, so we can't be too surprised. Still, she had a fantastic season. 2011 was all about Maria showing that she's not done just yet. Just as I was about to write her off and say that she would never be a top-level player again, she proves me wrong. Even better, she had some deep runs at Slams for the first time in ages. Sure, this season was inconsistent at times... but the overall results were very nice, and she's all the way up to #2. Who would have believed that a year ago? So bring on January and the start of a new season... here's hoping Maria can get back to #1! And maybe, just maybe, win another Slam. :)

:lol: You talking about me? IF you are, where in my post did it seem like I wasn't a true Maria fan? I'm leaving TF for a while because it's become fucking insane and I just can't handle some of the bullshit that goes on here. That's it. It's got nothing to do with my feelings for Maria.

Fiercepova
Oct 27th, 2011, 05:30 AM
It's too bad that I just decided to create an account to talk with you guys in a day like this :( Have to admit I feel so normal now, not disappointed anymore as I already forgot about this tournament :lol: She withdrew but I think that's a wise decision, shouldn't play and risk more when you're not ready. Have a great off-season, Maria! We can't wait to see you kick some ass next year :angel: I know it's kinda early to say this but I really wish she could meet Sam in the QF of the AO and getting some revenge there would be sweet :hearts:

And Craigster, you're one the few posters that I really have respect for in TF, please don't leave for too long, okay? :awww: Hope to see you back for AO :hug:

Andy.
Oct 27th, 2011, 09:59 AM
What a dissapointing end to the season. Even though she has been injured I expected better from Masha. I bet she is lloking forward to a break and then getting back into it nice and refreshed.

Marilyn Monheaux
Oct 27th, 2011, 11:10 AM
Now that her season is officially done, you think she's gonna stay in Europe or head back to the states?

gc-spurs
Oct 27th, 2011, 11:27 AM
Europe. Chill in Turkey, then some quiet French beach, then some more Turkey, then back to the States in Dec for training and the holiday season, then Aus.

Well, at least that's what I would do if I was some rich sportsperson.

Maria Croft
Oct 27th, 2011, 12:25 PM
Well, at least we don't have to watch her go 0-3 here...

goldlion
Oct 27th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Does she get any points from the Championship at all as she didn't play 3 matches?

canadia
Oct 27th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Well, at least we don't have to watch her go 0-3 here...

To put things in perspective: this is from Sharapovanic on twitter

"It's remarkable that she reached #2 while playing only 14 tournaments. Nobody else in the top 10 played fewer than 18".

"Sharapova tied for the most WTA Slam matches won this year and raised her ranking from #18 in January to #2 in September".

"In 2011, Sharapova finishes with a 43-14 record in 14 tournaments, with 2 titles, 4 total finals, and 6 total semifinals".

"Sharapova did not lose her first match at any single-elimination event in 2011. She finished 12-1 in three-setters and 8-2 in tiebreaks".

Now I would say that's an impressive 2011 and I look forward to 2012. See you in January :wavey:

Mistress of Evil
Oct 27th, 2011, 01:30 PM
Does she get any points from the Championship at all as she didn't play 3 matches?

she does gets 140 points from the two losses and this points are gonna count on her ranking since its a Mandatory tournament :shrug:

Dieter.
Oct 27th, 2011, 02:09 PM
The ending was a little disappointing with the ankle injury and the two losses at the YEC, but all in all I think Maria had an ok season. Two titles, a slam final and a slam semi final aren't bad at all. I hope she'll work hard (it would be nice if she could find her serve back) during the off season, so 2012 will even be better.

Trih
Oct 27th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Europe. Chill in Turkey, then some quiet French beach, then some more Turkey, then back to the States in Dec for training and the holiday season, then Aus.

Well, at least that's what I would do if I was some rich sportsperson.

If I was rich I would migrate from Europe right now, I live in the north of Italy and every day is getting colder and colder ! >_< I think there's no French beach to go right now. :P

Break My Rapture
Oct 27th, 2011, 04:14 PM
You were one of the posters that actually made this subforum still bearable for me. :sad:

Maria Croft
Oct 27th, 2011, 04:37 PM
To put things in perspective: this is from Sharapovanic on twitter

"It's remarkable that she reached #2 while playing only 14 tournaments. Nobody else in the top 10 played fewer than 18".

"Sharapova tied for the most WTA Slam matches won this year and raised her ranking from #18 in January to #2 in September".

"In 2011, Sharapova finishes with a 43-14 record in 14 tournaments, with 2 titles, 4 total finals, and 6 total semifinals".

"Sharapova did not lose her first match at any single-elimination event in 2011. She finished 12-1 in three-setters and 8-2 in tiebreaks".

Now I would say that's an impressive 2011 and I look forward to 2012. See you in January :wavey:

I really have no clue why you posted this as a reply to my post :confused:

canadia
Oct 27th, 2011, 05:55 PM
I really have no clue why you posted this as a reply to my post :confused:

You just seemed so disappointed in her results here and assumed she would have lost to Vika (after watching Vika today, I'm sure would have as well).

I was just trying to point out all the good things Maria done this year to try to block out this shitty last tournament.

No disrespect meant at all.

Mr.Sharapova
Oct 27th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Hey Guys :wavey:. I was so busy recently with my university and all, and I was so angry that I couldn't follow Maria's matches as I used to, and I have to say knowing that she lead so many times against LI and not finishing her off as well as against Stosur really makes me sad :sobbing:.

But she fought really hard and I am thankful to god that she's still around and willing to win more slams and tournaments :yeah:.

But a thing that I've noticed this week is that if this tournament was played one year ago I would have made the impossible to watch her matches, but this year I don't know, I kinda felt that no matter if I watched or not she's gonna end up losing :crying2: .

Anyway, I just hope that she regroups and trains hard for next season, and I really hope that Kvitova wins the tournament now :yeah:.

doooma6816
Oct 27th, 2011, 09:25 PM

:sad: I hope you'll be back at AO. ;))

MashaFan01
Oct 27th, 2011, 10:06 PM
I do not think there is a good chemistry with her and her coach. Michael was better at putting up with her zoning out when he was talking to her. This guy is not willing to put up with it, and I doubt Maria will, or should do anything to change. She has a delicate psyche, and lately, it has not been right. She had a better year, but it could have been better if she had recovered that ice water in the veins thing.

What a pile of nonsense - What gave you the idea that she and her coach - Thomas Hogstedt - have bad chemistry? - I've been annoyed with Michael Joyce since Masha's dad quit and he took over as Masha's sole coach cause his body language when Masha was not doing that well usually showed that he didn't want to be a part of it - like hiding his face in his hands when she's making an unforced error or - sliding down his seat - like he just wanna vanish from there

I don't see such behavior with Hogsted - He watches the match with interest and looks calm and supportive all the time no matter how bad Masha plays - Also Masha's results have gotten much better since he took over - If you don't have evidence or facts to support your statement - you should refrain yourself from passing on this kinda ridiculous gossip.

And about Masha's "delicate psyche" - puleeese!!! - it's Masha we're talking about - one of the mentally strongest woman on the tour if not THE strongest

MashaFan01
Oct 27th, 2011, 10:20 PM
And my prediction is that if Masha can stay healthy and injury free - 2012 will even be a better year for her - If she - on top of everything - can reinvent her serve at least so much that she doesn't have to worry about it - then she might even exceed all our expectations - Cause her ground strokes - her returns and her movement on court have never been better - All she needs now is a consistent serve - It doesn't have to be the fastest or the best - but at least as good as - and as steady as the serve of the other top 10 players

http://tenniscountry.com/Photos/sharapovaserve4.jpg

Sharapovian
Oct 27th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Craig :hug: I can understand why you want a break. Hope you come back for AO.

goldlion
Oct 27th, 2011, 10:43 PM
It was so obvious in Stosur match that Maria was very very rusty. She was lucky that the match aganist Na was so close. Had she won the match there I'm sure she would retire from the tournament as well since she didn't feel well.

heelsrule1988
Oct 29th, 2011, 07:09 AM
:lol: You talking about me? IF you are, where in my post did it seem like I wasn't a true Maria fan? I'm leaving TF for a while because it's become fucking insane and I just can't handle some of the bullshit that goes on here. That's it. It's got nothing to do with my feelings for Maria.
Not talking about anybody specifically... just anyone who says stuff like "Maria is the worst player of all time, she's useless, etc.". You don't say that about someone you support.

**mashafierce**
Oct 29th, 2011, 11:37 AM
It's going to be a hard couple of months without her matches.But I will be waiting anxiously for January hoping for a deep run in AO.I think 2012 will be a good season

lefty24
Oct 29th, 2011, 05:16 PM
Random question...
Does maria use tournagrip?

vozas
Oct 29th, 2011, 09:32 PM
I'm sorry guys but I'm gonna put it out there...

2010Pova >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2011Pova

I've been reminiscing on Pova's career and watching some of her highlights. Just came across this one

FaHCqLPB3WQ

It made me realize how much her game has changed. What in god's name has Hogstedt done with Maria's forehand? Why doesn't she ever come forward with the ease and confidence with which she did it? Tom has fucked up her game big time. Her rallies are taking 10x as long, her serve is completely changed up (I know it needed some change but the DFs are still an issue, if not a bigger one than they were last year), and she's *gulp* a bit too bulky in my opinion. She looked great in 2010 and much sharper and quicker.

Not to mention her match with Jameka in Wimbledon last year was probably the best match of the year, and I'm pretty sure Maria would've won the whole damn thing had she not netted that forehand at set point, on her serve, in that tiebreak. Plus, I think she still believed in herself last year, that she could go the distance and still be a top player. You could still see her motivating herself, talking to herself, fistpumping and roaring her come-ons as she should, not doing that crap she does nowadays every time her opponent makes an UE.

Sorry for the rant, but really, she may be #2, but she lived up to her reputation last year in matches like the Serena and Justine ones, and it was vintage Pova right there. Hogstedt needs to take a seat.

Break My Rapture
Oct 29th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Hoggy has made her FH safer but indeed slightly less penetrating.

vozas
Oct 29th, 2011, 10:23 PM

But why? I guess it'll probably have to do with the shoulder but she used to have one of the best FHs on tour. She's a walking backhand nowadays and even that is failing her lately.

Break My Rapture
Oct 29th, 2011, 10:29 PM
But why? I guess it'll probably have to do with the shoulder but she used to have one of the best FHs on tour. She's a walking backhand nowadays and even that is failing her lately.
Maria's FH was really erratic in '09 and '10, I guess they wanted to improve it by making it less prone to leaking errors. Besides... her BH is, was and will always be her bread-and-butter winning shot.

doooma6816
Oct 29th, 2011, 10:39 PM
I'm worry about her BH. It's not as it used to be. She makes a lot of errors and has problem with BH DTL.

Break My Rapture
Oct 29th, 2011, 10:45 PM
BH DTLs are nearly non-existent in Maria's game at the moment.

gc-spurs
Oct 30th, 2011, 12:21 AM
Non existent BHDTL makes me sad. I don't mind less penetration on the FH- as Pieter said it was very erratic in 09-10 and it was the BH that put the food on the table. But when the BH goes.... :sad: I would have a love affair with Maria's BH.

Crux Squall
Oct 30th, 2011, 05:46 PM
21Kvitova looks like 17Pova
Wimbledon and Yec.

Crux Squall
Oct 30th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Her shot now is not as hard as i want.
i hope she can change something on her game.

Crux Squall
Oct 30th, 2011, 05:51 PM
But i think in this tournament Maria played with just < 50% RealPova’s form.

MM_1257
Oct 30th, 2011, 11:14 PM
We shall see what will 2012 bring... Her game was on and off this year. She had some matches where her FH was good. It is not like her FH was awful whole year... I just want her not to lose confidence... I am afraid she's been a bit too emotional and nervy and sometimes panicking lately... :S I want my ice cold death stare bitch back on court in 2012 with a solid FH, clicking BH (yes even you BH DTL, did you hear me??) and um more or less ok serve. Lots of work to be done. The WTA will try to improve, so does Maria need to... And improve the footwork, please... But first heal the ankle well.
Regarding Kvitova, she is going to be one of dominating players in 2012 imho.

Trih
Oct 31st, 2011, 02:21 AM
What's BH DTL? :confused: :help:

Reptilia
Oct 31st, 2011, 02:49 AM
What's BH DTL? :confused: :help:

Backhand Down the Line

Crux Squall
Oct 31st, 2011, 03:24 AM
I hope they can make the court faster in 2012.

cowsonice
Oct 31st, 2011, 04:24 AM

I think it's not only Maria's new coach but also her racket. She's lost a lot of racket head speed since dropping Prince, imo.

Plus, Maria's fh needs to be more of a rally shot nowadays with the game. There are a lot of grinders/junkballers/pushers that can retrieve those "penetrating" shots.

heelsrule1988
Nov 3rd, 2011, 07:50 PM
2010Pova >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 2011Pova
Might want to check those results first.

JamieOwen3
Nov 3rd, 2011, 09:00 PM
2010 Pova - memphis champion | 2011 Pova cincinnatti champion. 2010 Pova - strasbourg champion | 2011 Pova - rome champion. Slam results of 2011 were better than 2010 apart from the us open.
Maria hasn't played a huge amount better than last year but she has played better.

MM_1257
Nov 3rd, 2011, 10:13 PM
Winning Rome was so special. :hearts:

Break My Rapture
Nov 3rd, 2011, 10:32 PM
Maria needs to develop her FH into a CC angle weapon. That way, when she efficiently pulls the opponent out of the court, she can finish by hitting into the open court. This in particular should really show off Maria's BH CC of Amazeness.

s teddy
Nov 3rd, 2011, 10:34 PM
Off topic, but...

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=448106

Vote quickly! :cheer: I can't bear to see Maria lose yet another poll in GM. :awww:

vozas
Nov 4th, 2011, 03:09 PM
2010 Pova - memphis champion | 2011 Pova cincinnatti champion. 2010 Pova - strasbourg champion | 2011 Pova - rome champion. Slam results of 2011 were better than 2010 apart from the us open.
Maria hasn't played a huge amount better than last year but she has played better.

Not to take away from her achievements this year, but there really wasn't a single match this season where she played anywhere near the level she showed against Jameka and Manin last year.

She benefited from Victoria retiring and really did kick ass against Wozniacki in Rome but that was the only time this year where I was truly impressed with her game.

In Cincinatti she beat her Russian bitches, her main bitch and a horrible Empress despite nearly losing the final.

Her slam performances were pretty awful. Wimbledon in particular, aside frm the Peng Shuai match, was dreadful. It would've been embarrassing to lose against any of the opponents she met on the way to the final. Even Sabine, who made sure that semi was one of the worst matches of the year.

She was horrible in Miami and got her ass handed in the final, deservedly so.

She self destruct against Lob in Indian Wells.

Her game was much more aggressive last year. I don't like the direction Tom is taking it.

madmax
Nov 4th, 2011, 03:24 PM
All these plus it's her first match since ages and basically she HAS TO win, so the pressure could be pretty high.
At least when I think about the situation I really feel nervous. :unsure:

Not to take away from her achievements this year, but there really wasn't a single match this season where she played anywhere near the level she showed against Jameka and Manin last year.

She benefited from Victoria retiring and really did kick ass against Wozniacki in Rome but that was the only time this year where I was truly impressed with her game.

In Cincinatti she beat her Russian bitches, her main bitch and a horrible Empress despite nearly losing the final.

Her slam performances were pretty awful. Wimbledon in particular, aside frm the Peng Shuai match, was dreadful. It would've been embarrassing to lose against any of the opponents she met on the way to the final. Even Sabine, who made sure that semi was one of the worst matches of the year.

She was horrible in Miami and got her ass handed in the final, deservedly so.

She self destruct against Lob in Indian Wells.

Her game was much more aggressive last year. I don't like the direction Tom is taking it.

while her current game is much more directed towards consistency and stable results than before, I think she still had some blistering matches this year - her match against Julia in AO was a true spectacle of attacking tennis (rarely if ever seen in today's tour), she was also rock solid from baseline at Rome and was kicking some arse in Wimby up untill semifinal or so when her form started to take a dip...serving woes really did her in this season though:sad: She was poised so well to win French, yet windy conditions and her damn toss messed up everything for her. Hogstedt did well to instill consistency into her ground game, now how about he starts ressurecting that damn serve for once? Or are we asking too much from current Mashenka?:confused:

Shivank17
Nov 4th, 2011, 03:53 PM
Maria was pretty solid against Domi too in Wimbledon :oh: :shrug:

vozas
Nov 4th, 2011, 04:22 PM
Maria was pretty solid against Domi too in Wimbledon :oh: :shrug:

I have to disagree. I remember following the scores on my phone and then reading the comments back here at TF before actually watching the match, which I had recorded. I expected so much more tbh. Cibulkova was horrible with those inside-out FH fails so she had a lot to do with the 6-1 6-1 imho.

At Wimby she looked pretty solid against Corpsevetadze (who wouldn't anyway?) and she had some amazing moments against Shuai, but it was a mess of a tournament and that final appearance was really bittersweet.

Crux Squall
Nov 4th, 2011, 04:41 PM
I have to disagree. I remember following the scores on my phone and then reading the comments back here at TF before actually watching the match, which I had recorded. I expected so much more tbh. Cibulkova was horrible with those inside-out FH fails so she had a lot to do with the 6-1 6-1 imho.

At Wimby she looked pretty solid against Corpsevetadze (who wouldn't anyway?) and she had some amazing moments against Shuai, but it was a mess of a tournament and that final appearance was really bittersweet.

i agree, Imo her best quality match in GS this year is again Peng.

Crux Squall
Nov 5th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Singles Record: 43-14
Fed Cup: 0-1 (vs France)
Titles: 2 (Rome, Cincinnati)
Current Ranking: 4
Singles Tournament: Auckland QF, Australian Open R4, Indian Wells SF, Miami F, Madrid R3, Rome WON, Roland Garros SF, Wimbledon F, Stanford QF, Toronto R3, Cincinnati WON, Us Open R3, Tokyo QF, WTA Championships RR (0-2)
Exhibitions: Bahamas (d. Dulko 6-3 6-1) Taiwan
(d. Zvonareva 6-3 6-4)
2011 Prize Money: $2,899,148

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/388176_312057152143872_217361314946790_1442707_471 338682_n.jpg