PDA

View Full Version : Dementieva Splits with her MOM!

mala18
Nov 10th, 2002, 03:10 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Thats a Shock!!

ttaM
Nov 10th, 2002, 03:11 PM
GOOD!

Now get a real coach and get some good, consistent results.

vaiva
Nov 10th, 2002, 03:49 PM
What is the source of this info?

Can you post the link, if any?

Tratree
Nov 10th, 2002, 04:27 PM
Well, it was either short-lived or VERY recent, because she was on the court with Elena when she was warming up for her doubles match yesterday afternoon.

Bright Red
Nov 10th, 2002, 04:43 PM
It must be hard on the mother and daughter. I can't imagine the depth of emotion involved in having to let go of something you've been with from the beginning.

Fingon
Nov 10th, 2002, 05:09 PM
and who is gonna take care of her dog when she is playing? :confused:

Freefall
Nov 10th, 2002, 06:26 PM
I hope it's true!! As far as her mom being there yesterday, maybe Elena's just getting a new coach. That doesn't mean her mom can't travel with her. It's not like her mom's crazy like Alex's mom or Jelena's Dad can be sometimes. Elena really could use a new coach after all.

tenn_ace
Nov 10th, 2002, 06:29 PM
what Freefall said!

TheBoiledEgg
Nov 10th, 2002, 06:31 PM
Elena's mother never had any tennis input into her matches what so ever.
She was just there to be with her.

Until Elena gets herself a full-time coach, she's not gonna improve.

tenn_ace
Nov 10th, 2002, 06:44 PM
I observed Lena's practices on quite a few occasions and only once she looked like she enjoyed it: it was when Husarova's coach worked on Elena's net game and serve-and-volleying... her eyes were shining, she really did enjoy it.

so after seeing that I can't help myself but think: is Lena's mom overprotective (or even possessive) and doesn't let Lena to go on her own? I wouldn't be surprised....

Freefall
Nov 10th, 2002, 06:53 PM
Yes, Elena really has seemed like she needs a change, with her mom or without. A full time coach with fresh input at least. Someone to help her impove her serve/game & grow her confidence.

DEETHELICK
Nov 11th, 2002, 12:40 PM
Is there a link to this news???

Well done Elena, get a proper coach and see your game and results develop!!!

Udachi Elena :hearts:

AjdeNate!
Nov 11th, 2002, 01:19 PM
Wow, hopefully she'll do whatever she needs to in order to improve her tennis.

gmak
Nov 11th, 2002, 03:09 PM
that's great news...it was about time
now get a real coach and work on that damn serve

udachi alyona :kiss: :hearts: :)

bubble
Nov 11th, 2002, 03:28 PM
Tennisly speaking ;) , it is GREAT news!!!!

:bounce:

Go Elena in 2003!

marsha
Nov 11th, 2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by bubble
Tennisly speaking ;) , it is GREAT news!!!!

"Tennisly speaking"--?? **ROFL**

Well when I saw Elena and her mom this summer in CT/NYC, Elena always had a male coach (or hitting partner?) and I never saw Mrs. Dememtieva even say a word. although she was always *there*

Meesh
Nov 11th, 2002, 10:00 PM
Coached by Sergey Pashkov and does off-court training with her parents; was coached for five years by Rausa Islanova, the mother of men's player Marat Safin.

That's the info from her bio... it's probably outdated.... Anyone know the source of this "new coach" thing. I always thought she was being coached by someone that stayed in Russia and didn't travel with her.

Cassius
Nov 12th, 2002, 12:50 AM
I think Pashkov is still a 'coach' to her, but a while ago, some-one in the Russian Roulette forum said they spend only about 10 weeks of the year together training.
She needs a proper coach who can be there for 40 weeks or something.
Maybe now she'll get one.

Williams Rulez
Nov 12th, 2002, 03:44 AM
Congrats... she finally made a great decision