PDA

View Full Version : Jelena can finally get some rest

Darkheart
Nov 10th, 2002, 04:42 AM
It has been a long season and Jelena has played 79 singles matches and 43 doubles matches. Plus she did not even start her season until the very end of January.

In Los Angeles this week, Jelena mentioned she was very tired. You could see it in her face and her attitude. Now she can rest for a good long while. Hopefully this will do her good.

I predict Jelena won't play again (excluding exhibitions) until the end of January again. She said she won't play in Australia. Also, she mentioned she will be smarter about her schedule. I hope it will be true.

In 2002, Jelena reached a career high #4 ranking. She won 2 tourneys, albeit smaller ones. She had some good wins over Monica, Justine, Jennifer, and Martina. But she had some bad losses as well, and some retirements.

Jelena will end this year at #9.

Good luck to Jelena in 2003. :)

Lola
Nov 10th, 2002, 04:53 AM
very well said! jelena had a great year 2002! congrats to her! and now it's time to rest!

King Aaron
Nov 10th, 2002, 01:26 PM
Yeah. Well said Darkheart. :)

I hope Jelena rests for a long period. :D Get her motivation and body back to where it should be. Hopefully she'll be a lot fresher and really cuts down her schedule. :)

tennischick
Nov 10th, 2002, 03:41 PM
i certainly hope you're right Darkheart.

Freefall
Nov 10th, 2002, 04:34 PM
If she can get some good coaching, stay injury free & cut down her schedule, Jelena can be MUCH more dangerous as she is now, which is already VERY dangerous.

dokic_rocks
Nov 11th, 2002, 10:57 AM
Well done jelena!! and better luck next year.:)