PDA

View Full Version : Maria's ankle

Maria rocks
Sep 29th, 2011, 09:26 AM
Im praying its not serious. Such a shame she had to retire such a good chance of winning this tournament now my guess is she will pull out of Bejing as well.:sad: Get better soon Maria x x

doujyr
Sep 29th, 2011, 09:36 AM
Yah, I'd say not much chance of playing Beijing. Even if it heals well it's more sense to wait for the YEC, and maybe play Moscow too.

Crux Squall
Sep 29th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Miami's QF :sad:

Cherry.
Sep 29th, 2011, 09:46 AM
No chance for Beijing. I just hope for a speedy recovery and she can be fit for YEC.

Maria rocks
Sep 29th, 2011, 11:31 AM
No chance for Beijing. I just hope for a speedy recovery and she can be fit for YEC.

Yeh hope so. Then next year i would love her to become world number one again and hopefully bag a slam.

heelsrule1988
Sep 29th, 2011, 10:22 PM
Now we just have to anxiously await news to see if this will turn out to be true. I actually got to watch all of her matches this week (thank you ESPN3 for saving me when I thought I'd have no way to watch!), and I was looking forward to a nice run. It really is a shame... especially because she was in such a close match. Win or lose, it looked like she was on her way to at least playing a tough match against Kvitova (which we all know didn't happen the last time, unfortunately). I echo the thoughts of resting up for the Tour Championships... I've been really looking forward to that for her. It's a big-time chance to end what has been an up-and-down (but mostly up) season on a high note.

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 30th, 2011, 03:43 PM
Yeh hope so. Then next year i would love her to become world number one again and hopefully bag a slam.

I agree :angel:. I didn't want her to be 1# this year anyway :shrug:. I would rather prefer it to be at Aussie Open, after she wins it :angel:.