PDA

View Full Version : Changing Post Count

serenaforever
Sep 18th, 2011, 06:08 PM
When I logged out a couple of hours ago, I had like 9,609 posts. I came back, and as you can see, my post count has magically increased by like 170. Not that I'm complaining. :p What could cause that? :scratch:

serenaforever
Sep 18th, 2011, 06:08 PM
I just noticed that my credits went way up as well.

iGOAT
Sep 19th, 2011, 02:39 AM
Maybe a thread that you posted and got repped in a lot got undeleted :p?

Zamboni
Sep 19th, 2011, 06:03 PM
Maybe a thread that you posted and got repped in a lot got undeleted :p?
I don't think so;)
Mods and admins hardly ever delete threads - we just hide them for little people:angel: Postcount and credits are the reason we do that, posters kept complaining about their postcount and credits going down.
And I don't think you can delete and undelete your own threads.

I've been thinking what can cause this and I have no idea. Helpful, I know.

serenaforever
Sep 19th, 2011, 07:33 PM
It just did it again. It just went way down. wth is going on? :confused::lol: Last night I was at 9,857. As you can see, it has mysteriously dropped. wtf.

Zamboni
Sep 19th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Maybe the change earlier was a mistake and the site has automatically corrected itself? :scratch:

Ayumilover.
Sep 20th, 2011, 02:40 AM
Actually, I have a great explanation for it. Sometimes, poster such as myself want to lower our own post count, so we will go back to threads that have been long forgotten, and delete them. I have done that with a couple of Ayumi's results threads from about July/August, for I know know one is ever going to post in those again. It's a great way to lower your post number! However, I have no explanation for having an increased number.
But yeah, there you go :D

The Witch-king
Sep 23rd, 2011, 12:21 PM
Why do you want to lower your post count?

Super Dave
Sep 23rd, 2011, 06:28 PM
Actually, I have a great explanation for it. Sometimes, poster such as myself want to lower our own post count, so we will go back to threads that have been long forgotten, and delete them. I have done that with a couple of Ayumi's results threads from about July/August, for I know know one is ever going to post in those again. It's a great way to lower your post number! However, I have no explanation for having an increased number.
But yeah, there you go :D

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3567/wtf2.gif