PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else think there is something wrong with the net at Staples center?

selesfan1
Nov 9th, 2002, 03:49 PM
This has nothing to do with me attacking Venus but she got 3 or 4 net chords on important points. And in every match it happens 2 or 3 times the serve goes into the net and stays there. It seems higher in a lot of places too.

baleineau
Nov 9th, 2002, 03:53 PM
i noticed justine hit a weak forehand into the net and it got stuck in the net, just below the tape. i thought it was odd. sometimes hard serves get stuck, but this wasn't a powerful shot.

usually the crowd laugh too, but of course it was silent :rolleyes:

Pureracket
Nov 9th, 2002, 04:04 PM
I noticed that the ball kept getting stuck in the net too. It's cute the first few times. After that, it becomes irritating to watch.

Crazy Canuck
Nov 9th, 2002, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by baleineau
i noticed justine hit a weak forehand into the net and it got stuck in the net, just below the tape. i thought it was odd. sometimes hard serves get stuck, but this wasn't a powerful shot.

The microphones likely jsut had a hard time picking up the sounds of the two people in the 12312321312th row laughing :sad:

salima
Nov 9th, 2002, 06:55 PM
The player nearest the owerview camera got more net rollers.
It has maybe nothing to do with the net, but it is surprising.

yoyo
Nov 9th, 2002, 07:01 PM
I said that to my spouse and the reply was: "Ah maybe the player is trying to make aces or unreturnable shots"...I can say now that I am a good observer.

Venus Forever
Nov 9th, 2002, 07:08 PM
I think Pam Shriver commented that she doesn't think that some of the let calls were lets. She said she honestly believes some of them went right through the net.

BritBoy
Nov 9th, 2002, 08:20 PM
With all the double faults early on I thought there was either a problem with the net or the court markings were incorrect, like during the match between Kremer and Hopkins earlier this year. That net is weird though, the ball gets stuck in it about 5 or 6 times a match.

Mateo Mathieu
Nov 10th, 2002, 12:18 AM
Back to Madison Square Garden!! :o

niratti
Nov 10th, 2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by baleineau

that's so funny!! LOL :D