PDA

View Full Version : Spill your thoughts on Venus vs. Seles

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 9th, 2002, 06:22 AM
I have a lot to say about this match. Number one, I admire Venus so much for this win she had today over Monica. She saved so many break points, came up with booming serves in the clutch, and outplayed one of tennis's greatest champions on the big points.
Monica, all I have to say is you were FANTASTIC. A few unlucky letcords kept you from a couple of breaks but you stayed tough, kept hitting ferocious balls, ran well, and returned excellent throughout the match. With play like that and a few little touchups with second serving and fitness, there is no doubt in my mind that 2003 will be a great year for Monica and a Grand Slam title will almost certainly come.
The bottom line to this match is this: Monica played well enough to win, but a few unlucky bounces and some EXCELLENT PRESSURE PLAY by Venus was the difference. Both women put on a great show and the better player on this day won...

CONGRATS VENUS!!!!

MONICA, I CANT WAIT TIL 2003!!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Venus Forever
Nov 9th, 2002, 06:34 AM
HIGH QUALITY TENNIS!!:D

Jericho
Nov 9th, 2002, 07:05 AM
out of all their meetings the best by far...

Rollo
Nov 9th, 2002, 07:43 AM
Very high quality match. It shows me Monica could still win a slam IF she got in the condition needed. There's time for that between now and OZ if she's willing......