PDA

View Full Version : I love the way Venus Williams competes:)

Dawn Marie
Nov 9th, 2002, 05:38 AM
She adds a spark on the court when she plays.

Of course Monica played well and they both complimented each other well, but dayum that backhand volley Venus hit was really something to watch.:)

anton
Nov 9th, 2002, 05:40 AM
yea venus is amazing.

dawn this thread will not be too popular probably because it is positive about venus.

BK4ever
Nov 9th, 2002, 05:42 AM
Vee definitely has lots of unassuming spunk...

"Topaz"
Nov 9th, 2002, 05:44 AM
Always entertaining, keeps your heart pumping, hardly blows anybody off the court. What a champion!

Dawn Marie
Nov 9th, 2002, 05:49 AM
anton, so what? lol

Venus is still fun to watch the girl's got moxy!

Venus is the only player who has my stomache tied in knots! I mean really the kid is a great champion.

Fearless Venus Rules!:)

anton
Nov 9th, 2002, 05:59 AM
i like what serena said that her palms get sweaty and she cant breathe when watching venus on tv

BasicTennis
Nov 9th, 2002, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by anton
i like what serena said that her palms get sweaty and she cant breathe when watching venus on tv

this exactly what happens to Venus when she plays Serena.;)hehehe

good win though against monica!!!!;)

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 9th, 2002, 06:10 AM
Venus, you were AWESOME...Congrats...

Venus Forever
Nov 9th, 2002, 06:12 AM
I just LOVE EVERYTHING Venus does!! She is just a phenomenal woman.

LOVE YOU VENUS!!

anton
Nov 9th, 2002, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by BasicTennis

venus was not able to play her best against serena this year but hopefully she will monday night if they both get there.

CC
Nov 9th, 2002, 06:23 AM

:( :( :( Take that back.

;)

HAIL-VENUS
Nov 9th, 2002, 06:31 AM
Yes, yes, yes! Venus is amazing. Although she made far too many errors for my liking, she played some brilliant points that had the crowd on their feet. Monica also played some great points. This was just a good match all around. Go Vee. Kick ass all the way to the title.

harloo
Nov 9th, 2002, 06:35 AM
Venus just gives me a heart attack. I have to take my heart pills when I watch her. lol She always plays on the edge, and by the end of the first set I'm so nervous. If Vee is playing well then I don't worry, but if she starts making too many UE's then I know it''s praying time.

I know in the end that she will pull it out because she is one of the most toughest players on the tour. Good win Vee, now don't give me an attack with Clijsters.Put the Belgian Babe in her place alright.

BasicTennis
Nov 9th, 2002, 06:46 AM
Venus can't afford to play like this against Serena.

Serena is more impressive that her as usual.;)

ot1962
Nov 9th, 2002, 06:51 AM
She is mentally the toughest player out there.
I wathed the match analytically to see what she does when under pressure. It's amazing the way she mixes up her game!

Always doing something diefferent on her serve when under pressure. Truly amazing.

anton
Nov 9th, 2002, 07:18 AM
im so excited!! venus and monica was great!! dokic is a hard hitter and maleeva is playing well so 2 more good matches possibly tomorrow!!! :)

Weevee
Nov 9th, 2002, 07:33 AM
Well done!

BasicTennis
Nov 9th, 2002, 07:47 AM
From what I've seen, Venus hasn't improved her serve during the break. So I expect the same results when she meets Serena in the finals.

I agree though that she's mentally tough when not playing Serena.

anton
Nov 9th, 2002, 08:02 AM
you are forgetting that venus had a shoulder injury in london and blister in her serving hand in new york. this was just bad breaks. but 2003 is for v!!

BasicTennis
Nov 9th, 2002, 08:05 AM
you are forgetting that venus had a shoulder injury in london and blister in her serving hand in new york. this was just bad breaks. but 2003 is for v!!

ok, so you've given up on 2002.hehehe...you certainly know what's coming this week.:p

tennisIlove09
Nov 9th, 2002, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by CC

:( :( :( Take that back.

;)

:hearts: :hearts:

Love Venus, Love CC. But who do I love more? :p

BasicTennis
Nov 9th, 2002, 08:39 AM
i know it's me.;) I can see it in your eyes.:hearts:

anton
Nov 9th, 2002, 08:56 AM

ok, so you've given up on 2002.hehehe...you certainly know what's coming this week.:p

venus and serena might not both make the finals. there are other players in the draw. kim is not push over and jennifer used to win tournaments. also maleeva and dokic are both playing well.

Jeff
Nov 9th, 2002, 09:28 AM
Yes, Venus is amazing :hearts: :hearts:

At times it appears that her mind is elsewhere and that she is maybe unmotivated, but then, when she needs to, she steps it up and comes up with these unbelievable shots.

I was a bit surprised to see Venus making so many overboard errors...and I do mean OVERBOARD. Deng, almost knocking the crowed unconscious...lol. But to be honest, and I don't mean to be bias, it is true that Venus isn't playing to her full ability. I do think she lacks that drive she had in the past, which will make it very tough for her to win this tournament. Hopefully she can do it, though :D

Go V!! :bounce:

Uxobi
Nov 9th, 2002, 09:38 AM
Venus proves that she can bring it on when it looks like she is down and out. Very entertaining match from both players.

BasicTennis
Nov 9th, 2002, 09:40 AM

venus and serena might not both make the finals. there are other players in the draw. kim is not push over and jennifer used to win tournaments. also maleeva and dokic are both playing well.

I agree the rest are playing well but certainly not in Serena's level yet. Of the two, Venus may not make it to the finals.:rolleyes: but the possibility of an all-williams final is 95% IMO.

Jeff
Nov 9th, 2002, 09:43 AM
I agree!

Right now Serena is just playing amazing. I just don't see anyone standing in her way...or actually even taking a set. If they do, they'll have to play their 100% best tennis.

Rae Q.
Nov 9th, 2002, 12:41 PM
Serena is my favourite but I'm with you about Venus. She is such a feisty competitor.

CC
Nov 9th, 2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by tennisIlove09

:hearts: :hearts:

Love Venus, Love CC. But who do I love more? :p
No, it can't possibly be true. I don't think Venus will like this. :eek: :D :kiss:

power26
Nov 9th, 2002, 03:37 PM
Venus is truly an amazing player. I think she will just be doubly competitive when she meets Serena in the finals. She'd had enough of those losses to Serena....She'll snatch the title from Serena this time around!

VENUS WILLIAMS IS ELECTRICITY PERSONIFIED!

wongqks
Nov 9th, 2002, 03:44 PM
I think all williams final should be set.

A) I doubt Jelena can make an impact, not this year anyway, even she admit to be tired (not surprising coz somehow she manage to skip the whole Aus season and still manage to play 29 events :rolleyes: ). I doubt Jennifer can get past Maggie (I hope I am wrong) and even if she is, she is not mentally prepare for it.

B)The only thing I can see happening is an in-form Kim beating a Venus, but Kim has not had any challenge thus far and that would hurt her, and Venus gonna know it will be a tough fight. I kinda hoping that Kim-Venus will be a good match but I really think Venus will have an edge.

Venus and Serena are both really great ladies and good for the tour, the only thing which I am slightly dissappointed is that it will not be a five set match, coz if it is a five set match, it will add some new elements into the all williams final and it will be a hell lot more exciting, but now the final is 'another match'

Freewoman33
Nov 9th, 2002, 03:56 PM
Venus, girl, pick up your damn game. You almost gave me a damn heart attack last night. I'm going to start sending you my medical bills, no joke.