PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Venus from a Monica fan

wongqks
Nov 9th, 2002, 04:53 AM
I like to take this opportunity to says all the cognratulation to Venus, Monica really took it on her, but venus brush off all those break points like a true champion. It just goes to show Venus is a great player and no one can take that away.

Monica, take this as positive, you cam from a long layoff and you seems to be playing well, I am proud, I am sure all your fans are proud of you, now have some nice break and come back stronger than ever

:) :)

selesrules
Nov 9th, 2002, 05:00 AM
Congrats to Venus & her fans.

Monica had a great tournament! She hadn't played in a while due to injury but she cameback beat Lindsay and competed closely with Venus. Monica is still playing top level tennis with the elite players and she will have a great year in 2003! GO MONICA!

Dawn Marie
Nov 9th, 2002, 05:55 AM
Thanks Wongqks, your a class act!:)

WhatTheDeuce
Nov 9th, 2002, 06:12 AM
I am Monica's number one fan, and I have to say, Venus is a TRUE CHAMPION. Monica played very well tonight and Venus was SO MENTALLY TOUGH saving multiple break point chances that Monica had. Venus, hats off, you were AMAZING...Monica, you were also great....You never gave up and you were moving pretty good and your groundies were ferocious...A few more touchups and you will win a slam in 03!! GO MONICA!!!

CC
Nov 9th, 2002, 06:15 AM
Long live the Williams/Monica Lovefest!:D :wavey:

earthcrystal
Nov 9th, 2002, 06:15 AM
Very gutsy win for Venus, hats off to her and congrats to her fans. I also was extremely impressed with her post-match interview with Mary Jo. Very classy stuff. :)

I was happy that Monica played well in her first tourney back since Bahia. She's definitely a step faster, and the angles and returns of serve are blazin' yet again. So congrats to Monica as well. :)

Dawn Marie
Nov 9th, 2002, 06:17 AM
Monica is a great inspiration for any tennis player, the lady keeps fighting and fighting!! Gotta admire that in any women who plays a sport.:)

Also, I really like the on court chemistry when these two play anymore.. good stuff:)

persond
Nov 9th, 2002, 06:25 AM
:D I was absolutely shocked at the "barn burner" that happened at the Staples Center tonight.:D :D Venus and Monica put on a "fantabulous" showcase of power/finesse tennis, and I thoroughly enjoyed the match. So far, it's been the best match of the tournament.:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Great shot making and very good gets by both ladies tonight. Really high quality stuff, unlike the Henin/Clijsters match earlier to day.:hearts: :hearts: :kiss: :kiss:

Dawn Marie
Nov 9th, 2002, 06:30 AM
The crowd was on their feet!! I loved it!:):):D also the crowd was pretty packed tonight, a high quality match!:)

Althea
Nov 9th, 2002, 06:51 AM
Wongqks - Since Venus is not here to repond , I was just offer you a thank you in her behalf (I'm sure she would have if she'd read your post).

Monica really played great! As you said, "Monica really took it on her":eek: ... What a Game!!

Congratulations Venus :D :D

May They Long Live and Play on the WTA... Miss Monica Seles and Miss Venus Williams. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

wongqks
Nov 9th, 2002, 07:09 AM
thanks guys and gals,

I have grown respect on Venus over this two years, although I will be lying to say I am not dissappointed with Monica loss today, but at least I know Monica can play great, well done venus, good luck in semis

I really need to sleep now, it is 0700am in the morning LOL

Chance
Nov 9th, 2002, 07:15 AM
I'm so glad it was a tight match- It gives me hope that Monica will succeed in a GS 2003. I hope Vee works on that forehand and goes all the way.

GOOOOOOO VEE & MON:bounce: :bounce: :D :D

Dawn Marie
Nov 9th, 2002, 07:18 AM
Seles fans I know it is hard after a tight loss to come in here and post. Just wanna say you're a classy bunch:)

anton
Nov 9th, 2002, 07:19 AM
congrats monica, you are a true champion!! congrats to venus also. get kimmy!!

Uxobi
Nov 9th, 2002, 09:34 AM
OMG, What a fantastic match! Congratulations Venus. Congratulations Monica-for showing them you are not ready to retire just yet!!!!

ms_nut
Nov 9th, 2002, 01:09 PM
I feel really bad abt monica's loss.:( :(
Now i have nothing to look forward to until next year.
But Venus played a brilliant match and an even better interview
:D what a class act she was.
I realise how happy venus fans must be so congrats to venus and hope she wins it all.;)