PDA

View Full Version : was she joking or honest??

baleineau
Nov 9th, 2002, 12:21 AM
It's a great stadium. Just the whole atmosphere in there and the feeling in there. :rolleyes:

Quote from jen cap's press conference yesterday. What was she thinking?? Or is it Jen's humour?

She does prefer to play in silence as we, and many courtside toddlers, know well enough, but surely she's joking. Anyone see the interview itself and not just the transcript?

Perhaps she's referring to the fact that she collected a dollar tip from a seven year old.

Pureracket
Nov 9th, 2002, 12:40 AM
Well, it's a run-of-the-mill answer. I wouldn't be surprised if every one of the players said something like that. It is one of those obligatory responses.

Then again, she hasn't won too much as of late. Maybe the stadium conditions really were ideal for her.

wongqks
Nov 9th, 2002, 12:43 AM
I think it is like the player saying

'I just go there and play my game.' bla bla bla, they don't mean it but to not cause trouble, they have have got brainwashed by WTA tour official before the press conference :rolleyes:

darren cahill
Nov 9th, 2002, 06:39 PM
Just another attempt at a jen bashing thread. Jens match actually had some attendance so maybe she did enjoy it there. For once she says something positive and still gets trashed...

baleineau
Nov 9th, 2002, 06:43 PM
not trashing her, just wondering if she said it in an ironic way. stay cool dc :)

niratti
Nov 9th, 2002, 07:15 PM
I think it's ok!!

do you expect a player to say like 'nobody out there, it's so boring, i don't enjoy this tornament'??

darren cahill
Nov 9th, 2002, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by baleineau
not trashing her, just wondering if she said it in an ironic way. stay cool dc :)

please, like Jen even knows what irony is! LOL. You are just picking on her like you always do...for someone who hates Jen, you sure pay a lot of attention to what she says and does. Hope you are doing ok..you'll always be hunkyalex to me. :kiss:

stayin' cool....

dc

baleineau
Nov 9th, 2002, 07:41 PM
i scrapped hunkyalex because people were thinking i was an alexandra stevenson fan. maybe i should come back as hunkyhairyspanishalex instead??

and you know i'm a die-hard fan of Jenster really. So looking forward to her winning tonight and facing Serena on Saturday ;)

Mercury Rising
Nov 9th, 2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by niratti
I think it's ok!!

do you expect a player to say like 'nobody out there, it's so boring, i don't enjoy this tornament'??
If she feels like this, why not? :confused:

Nimi
Nov 9th, 2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Noodles

If she feels like this, why not? :confused:

Cuz then people will bitch around about her not promoting the sport.

baleineau
Nov 9th, 2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Niminator

Cuz then people will bitch around about her not promoting the sport.

i think you're clutching at straws here. if Jen (or any player) says that it's quiet in there and lacks atmosphere, nobody will dispute and bitch at them. in fact, didn't some players comment on it in the first round? some used euphemisms "tough conditions".

what jen said is classic damage limitation corporate wta speak :sad:

spiceboy
Nov 9th, 2002, 10:38 PM
Jenny is so cool

hingis-seles
Nov 9th, 2002, 11:43 PM
:rolleyes: