PDA

View Full Version : Arantxa is still playing Hopman Cup and Australian Open at this stage!

AUSBOY
Nov 8th, 2002, 11:54 PM
There hasnt been any press yet here to say that she's not coming to Australia or that she has been replaced in the Hopman Cup which starts in 7 weeks!!

I'm confident Arantxa will be playing so for her fans dont expect an immediate retirement. I suspect Arantxa will play on next year, maybe a scaled down schedule, but I know deep in her heart that she wants to play 1 more French Open and not have her last appearance there to be a flogging by Marrero

RedRaider1
Nov 8th, 2002, 11:59 PM
It doesn't really make a difference if a player is scheduled to play or not. I remember Graf was scheduled to play the Canadian Open until 3 days before it started and she retired. I just hope Arantxa does whatever she feels will make her happy.

marsha
Nov 9th, 2002, 12:08 AM
Arantxa has a scheduled press conference from the OPEN (Sanchez-Casals) Academy for next Tuesday, November 12 - guess we will all know some answers then.

**Fingers crossed** it will NOT be the news we are dreading.....

JasonW
Nov 9th, 2002, 02:12 AM
I really hope not Arantxa. I wish I could her some letters and stuff before the press conference. If this were the case we may just see some more of Arantxa.
OMG, I'm about to CRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.