PDA

View Full Version : Most painful Sharapova fault

gc-spurs
Sep 2nd, 2011, 06:35 PM
What kind of Maria Sharapova fault causes your insides to turn the most and your heart and gut wrench simultaneously?

1) The super long ones
2) The ridiculously wide ones
3) The ones that speed into the net and make that BEEEEEP sound coupled with the net slap

pokey camp
Sep 2nd, 2011, 07:55 PM
It's less about location for me and more about timing.

The BP DF is a killer. 2nd serves on BPs are like a horror film, I can barely watch. :scared:

perseus2006
Sep 2nd, 2011, 10:56 PM
Players work the serve differently. Some, like Venus, blast away on the first and just tap in the second. Others hit a weak first to avoid a second but, when they can't avoid it, hit it about 25 mph slower than the first.

Then there's Pova: all out on the first serve and all out on the second with vengence, as if in contempt of missing the first!

The whole idea behind having a separate, safe "second" serve is to avoid losing the point on a DF. Get the ball in play and rally for the point.

The concept of a safe second serve is really not part of Pova's mindset, so why does she bother with developing a second serve? I think she should play the second serve as a "do-over" and deliver another first serve!

Think of the advantages for Pova: she only has to practice first serves and during games she is always going with her best, most aggressive shot. A winning combination for Pova!

So I hate all the futsy second serve shots!

Craig.
Sep 2nd, 2011, 11:04 PM
The ones she makes after a big comeback but that ultimately seal her fate. I was suicidal during that last game.

Jovana.
Sep 3rd, 2011, 12:22 AM
into the net. It hits every nerve in my body :o

Marilyn Monheaux
Sep 3rd, 2011, 12:57 AM
Other: The ones even Stevie Wonder can see coming.
You know, when she's about to serve, but interrupts her routine. Adjusts her stance. Looks around. Tests her toss. Takes a deep breath and BOOOM! Double fault. :facepalm:
Gruesome.

gc-spurs
Sep 3rd, 2011, 05:38 AM

Do ya clench and lurch/flinch forward like me when you hear the sound? :sad:

Andy.
Sep 3rd, 2011, 07:07 AM
Do ya clench and lurch/flinch forward like me when you hear the sound? :sad:
I close my eyes and make a sigh type noise like I have just been stung by something.

My other reaction is just to roll my eyes and put my hands up in the air :lol:

Mrs. Dimitrova
Sep 3rd, 2011, 08:05 AM
The THWACK! into the net makes me feel like taking a bullet straight through me everytime.

Mr.Sharapova
Sep 3rd, 2011, 09:32 AM
The point when she's engaged into the rally and you fear that she'll might end up throwing it into the net, and Boom she does that.

Reptilia
Sep 3rd, 2011, 09:55 AM
Defo into the net. :o

effedcamel
Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:09 AM
Into the net for sure. A girl of her height should not have such low clearance on a second serve for f*cks sake!

domon17th
Sep 3rd, 2011, 10:49 AM
Definitely the second serve on BP. You can just FEEL the inevitable coming nowadays.

BTW great thread, you guys made every fking maria loss that much better :lol::hug:

Nina.
Sep 3rd, 2011, 11:14 AM
I have to with with ones after long rallies. You know, the ones where she tries to hit a winner from the first shot on but it doesn't work, the rally goes on and on, she gets louder and with every shot you see the error coming. Doesn't matter then if she hits it wide or in the net :shrug: so I'm not sure what to vote :lol:

Lachy
Sep 3rd, 2011, 11:55 AM
You know, when she's about to serve, but interrupts her routine. Adjusts her stance. Looks around. Tests her toss. Takes a deep breath and BOOOM! Double fault. :facepalm:
Gruesome.

This! :hysteric: You just know it's coming every single time :sobbing:

MM_1257
Sep 3rd, 2011, 12:59 PM
Her 2nd serve in key moments.

MaitaBaby
Sep 3rd, 2011, 05:54 PM
Gruesome.

I love it.

Break My Rapture
Sep 3rd, 2011, 07:49 PM
The THWACK! into the net makes me feel like taking a bullet straight through me everytime.
Same for me.

Rerun
Sep 3rd, 2011, 09:35 PM
lately her special dish is the two in a row back to back after a good couple of points :)

Cherry.
Sep 4th, 2011, 05:04 AM
It's less about location for me and more about timing.

The BP DF is a killer. 2nd serves on BPs are like a horror film, I can barely watch. :scared:So much this.

Rerun
Sep 4th, 2011, 09:16 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3mGbbHkKMs let's all get hurt

Mistress of Evil
Sep 6th, 2011, 04:57 PM
DF :crying2: just as it was with Lenochka :sad:

n1ko0
Sep 8th, 2011, 12:52 AM
into the net, makes me die a little inside

Maidenhair
Sep 25th, 2011, 05:42 PM
The ones she makes after a big comeback but that ultimately seal her fate. I was suicidal during that last game.

This.

Maidenhair
Sep 25th, 2011, 05:42 PM

This.

madmax
Sep 25th, 2011, 05:57 PM
well, she herself stated that she doesn't "feel" the serve as well as she did pre-injury....so maybe abolishing second serve and going for broke is her only chance to add to her slam tally. Who knows, she might click over some two week period like she did during Rome this year and win another slam in style. Fans can always hope and pray, don't they?

jacobruiz
Sep 25th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Her most painful fault to me (which is the cause of all these faults and double faults), is Masha's complete loss of confidence in herself and her abilities which occured after her shoulder injury and repair. Before she was fearless; now she is scared she can't do it and shows it. :sad:

Steven.
Sep 26th, 2011, 01:34 AM
Gruesome.

omg this so much. Also when she catches her balltoss on second serve, delaying her serve even more. I sometimes wish she'd take less times between her service points so she gets into the rhythm of serving.

Whenever she nets the serve is pretty painful too.

What the fuck, any second serve is painful. I just hold my breath, look down to my keyboards, bite my tongue or anything else that prevents me from screaming 'FUCK LIFE' and smashing my head into the wall.

pokey camp
Sep 28th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Her most painful fault to me (which is the cause of all these faults and double faults), is Masha's complete loss of confidence in herself and her abilities which occured after her shoulder injury and repair. Before she was fearless; now she is scared she can't do it and shows it. :sad:
I will always wish she went to Dr. Andrews. Always. :tape:

killerqueen
Oct 26th, 2011, 11:20 PM
For me in recent months it's been any fault that comes from the first serve. No other player fills me with such a sense of dread when that first serve misses, because far to often it seems inevitable what comes next. :(

The fact that it seems to happen every-time she's down break points, or serving for the match, or basically just at a key point is just additionally dreadful. :(

Cherry.
Oct 27th, 2011, 01:06 AM
For me now it's her inability to capitalize all those gazillions of BPs and GPs on crucial points. :mad:
Ever since that Cincy final this has been killing me really.

JoPova
Nov 2nd, 2011, 08:13 PM
Definitely when her shots go into the net!!!